• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

when they add +16/20 (hopefully never) how do we get condensed blackstones?

21 posts in this topic

Posted

I've tried searching but i don't find any concrete results.

How do we get blackstones for +16/20  exactly? I've heard its a low rng chance to get some item  from gathering ..that you have to melt with 2 weapon or armor blackstones? That sounds extremely dumb and like another unfun retarded mechanic

but if its true, how much gathering do i need? Whats the chance +- to get it? Can i get it even with low skill gathering on any random thing i gather?(Random bushes or trees or rocks or whatever)
And if i need high gathering skill and it's still  low rng chance to get it and i don't want to do all that, whats the chance for getting it on broker? are there plenty of those for sale or they're instantly bought/gone 

Posted

Gathering and some quest from life skills professional 6+

Posted

I've tried searching but i don't find any concrete results.

How do we get blackstones for +16/20  exactly? I've heard its a low rng chance to get some item  from gathering ..that you have to melt with 2 weapon or armor blackstones? That sounds extremely dumb and like another unfun retarded mechanic

but if its true, how much gathering do i need? Whats the chance +- to get it? Can i get it even with low skill gathering on any random thing i gather?(Random bushes or trees or rocks or whatever)
And if i need high gathering skill and it's still  low rng chance to get it and i don't want to do all that, whats the chance for getting it on broker? are there plenty of those for sale or they're instantly bought/gone 

You need special shards. You can get them from gathering/mining and from quest. 

Posted

these answers are so vague 

how rare are they? Are they spammed on market or hard to get? Do i need level for gathering? Does it work from every thing you gather? 

Posted

Production Material: Sharp Black Crystal Shard x1, Blackstone (Weapon) x2, heating It is used to break through a weapon enhanced 15 times or more. Heat one Sharp Black Crystal Shard and two Blackstones (Weapon) to get one Concentrated Magical Blackstone (Weapon).

http://bddatabase.net/us/item/16004/

or

http://bddatabase.net/us/item/16005/

Production Material: Hard Black Crystal Shard x1, Blackstone (Armor) x2, heating It is used to breakt hrough an armor enhanced 15 times or more. Heat one Hard Black Crystal Shard and two Blackstones (Armor) to get one Concentrated Magical Blackstone (Armor).

Black Cristal Shard

http://bddatabase.net/us/item/4997/

Posted

Gathering and some quest from life skills professional 6+

i dont really think you need to be pro 6+, as long as you have a good lucky pickaxe you will gather shards.

If @Deska can verify

Posted

Production Material: Sharp Black Crystal Shard x1, Blackstone (Weapon) x2, heating It is used to break through a weapon enhanced 15 times or more. Heat one Sharp Black Crystal Shard and two Blackstones (Weapon) to get one Concentrated Magical Blackstone (Weapon).

http://bddatabase.net/us/item/16004/

or

http://bddatabase.net/us/item/16005/

Production Material: Hard Black Crystal Shard x1, Blackstone (Armor) x2, heating It is used to breakt hrough an armor enhanced 15 times or more. Heat one Hard Black Crystal Shard and two Blackstones (Armor) to get one Concentrated Magical Blackstone (Armor).

Black Cristal Shard

http://bddatabase.net/us/item/4997/

the only answer i got from this is that i can get it from any type of gathering 

what about gathering level? does it matter or improve chances or not , what about their rarity and do people usually sell it and is the market packed or not (someone who's played on kr/ru could know) 

Posted

i dont really think you need to be pro 6+, as long as you have a good lucky pickaxe you will gather shards.

If @Deska can verify

At lv 30 you got first quest from crafting, that give you shards. I don't think there is a requirement's in gathering to get shard. It' random RNG ultra hiper mega lov chance. 

Posted (edited)

I've gathered them during my early days playing Kr when i was no more than skilled gathering. I achieved Artisan 9 and i have to say i never really noticed an increase in their drop rate over this time. At best i would say getting one every 100 energy spent is what you can expect. I also used the special cashshop tree and a Sturdy yellow life alchemy stone to increase my chances (assuming they even do) and it was extremely hard to notice any difference.

That is my personal feeling and opinion on the matter. Take it for what it's worth.

EDIT: Incase you're wondering, they cost 1.8m for armor, and 3.6m for weapon. I'm sure our armor stones will fluctuate but i don't see weapon ones changing much. Our economy is newer so MAYBE if we have enough gatherers compared to silver entering the market we can get lucky early on.

Are they spammed on market or hard to get? 

The weapon stones sell instantly and it will be a battle against players and bots.

Does it work from every thing you gather? 

You can drop them chopping trees, sucking blood or sap, skinning hides, mining stones, gardening, and i assume hacking for meat because i've never actually done that in KR. I may be forgetting a few but i'm sure others can chime in.

Edited by Ginrei
1 person likes this

Posted

If @Deska can verify

the quest that reward sharp and hard black stones require it.

Posted

I've gathered them during my early days playing Kr when i was no more than skilled gathering. I achieved Artisan 9 and i have to say i never really noticed an increase in their drop rate over this time. At best i would say getting one every 100 energy spent is what you can expect. I also used the special cashshop tree and a Sturdy yellow life alchemy stone to increase my chances (assuming they even do) and it was extremely hard to notice any difference.

That is my personal feeling and opinion on the matter. Take it for what it's worth.

EDIT: Incase you're wondering, they cost 1.8m for armor, and 3.6m for weapon. I'm sure our armor stones will fluctuate but i don't see weapon ones changing much. Our economy is newer so MAYBE if we have enough gatherers compared to silver entering the market we can get lucky early on.

The weapon stones sell instantly and it will be a battle against players and bots.

You can drop them chopping trees, sucking blood or sap, skinning hides, mining stones, gardening, and i assume hacking for meat because i've never actually done that in KR. I may be forgetting a few but i'm sure others can chime in.

thanks , this is the answer i was looking for

too bad its hard to get the weapon ones from the market.. not really a fan of 1/100 gathering rng (and i assume its lower for weapons). If i had to gather 50 things and get a stone for sure then ok but if its rng == 

Posted

To get the items required you will need lucky tools to gather the sharp and hard black crystal shards. To use a lucky tool I believe it is only around beginner 10 to use some. I'm only Apprentice 4 in gathering and was able to use a lucky tool I grabbed on the market. I am unsure if you can use other tools for it but I would think that like anything the higher your skill the more frequent you see drops or more of an item drop.

Take this video from Hakurai, at 0:33 seconds in he explains the system to some extent

Hope this helped

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

not really a fan of 1/100 gathering rng (and i assume its lower for weapons). If i had to gather 50 things and get a stone for sure then ok but if its rng == 

It's certainly rng based. I've gone long periods with no drops and it gets frustrating but you also get periods of 4/100. If you don't care about what you're actually gathering, the fastest way i found to spend my energy was chopping trees or gathering sap. Trees are much more densely packed and require no combat compared to other methods. That said, i'd prefer to gather something i intend to use rather than go for pure speed.

lucky tools 

I forgot about these. I used them exclusively when gathering as well, but once KR changed the recipe to require Pure Iron Crystals i lost my desire to gather. i wish there was some data regarding how much if any increase to the drop rate by using those tools or an alchemy stone.

Edited by Ginrei

Posted

Gathering herbs also counts? As that's quickest

Posted

The level of your gathering doesn't matter.

I actually took 3 for armor and 1 for weapon on the RU server with Apprentice Gathering.

I assume the chance of getting them increases with the higher Gathering skill as well as with the Lucky Tools.

Posted

Where can you get lucky tools?

Posted

so i can even gather them with my garden/farm - for example sunflowers or something?

lucky tools u get by crafting tools and random chance to get a lucky one

Posted

they already confirmed that +16-20 will come but they are working on making the gap in power not as big as before. who knows by how much though

Posted

Do we need the knowledge "Heating: Skilled" for craft theses new blackstones? or any specific level of processing?

Posted

these answers are so vague 

how rare are they? Are they spammed on market or hard to get? Do i need level for gathering? Does it work from every thing you gather? 

RNG, For 3 days and 1100 energy, I only got 2 Hard shard, then yesterday with only 150 energy, I got 2 Hard and 1 Sharp Shard.

So all RNG.

they already confirmed that +16-20 will come but they are working on making the gap in power not as big as before. who knows by how much though

Force Enchanment to +18, that's their solution, see no RNG until everyone is +18, so no gap at all, LOL.

Posted (edited)

Lucky tools 5 luck average 100 energy for 1 stone.

My ratio is 3-5 hard to 1 sharp so far

I used all my alts and my mains energy and also battlefield daily and slept in my bed pretty much all day besides field bosses. So yes I invested alot of energy gathering have 30 sharp 90 hard (bought alot of sharp and a few hard)

Edited by Jumanji

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0