• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

cm jouska Exp scroll warning - Exp book incoming? Answer please!

83 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hello guys,

exp scrolls now come with a warning saying they won't stack with Book of Experience. Book of experience is a subscription item that gives +50% combat exp for a month. Can @CM_Jouska confirm if this is coming or not next week?

It would make business sense and give people the chance to catch up.

Below is an image of a normal exp scroll - this warning never came up before.

qmcEWKI.png

Below is the book from Russia / Korea and seems to have been added to our database:

http://bddatabase.net/us/item/17647/

6N332hB.png

Edited by DakotaCoty
1 person likes this

Posted

OMFG if they add a subscription option too they better lower the cost of cosmetic items / add SOME way to get them in game. 

Also as a side note, given how little xp you get at cap it seems like this would be a requirement for anyone hoping to stay competitive in PvP :/

Posted

Source please

Posted (edited)

Source please

Added.

Edited by DakotaCoty

Posted

Bumping for answer.

Posted

I need diz for post lvl 55 :x

Posted (edited)

Hello guys,

exp scrolls now come with a warning saying they won't stack with Book of Experience. Book of experience is a subscription item that gives +50% combat exp for a month. Can @CM_Jouska confirm if this is coming or not next week?

qmcEWKI.png

Below is the book from Russia / Korea and seems to have been added to our database:

6N332hB.png

I highly doubt a subscription item would come to a B2P game.

And please note that KR or RU, the game is extremely grindy than NA/EU

Edited by Emperor_Kush

Posted

I highly doubt a subscription item would come to a B2P game.

And please note that KR or RU, the game is extremely grindy than NA/EU

The warning was added for a good reason. They wouldn't have bothered. 

Posted (edited)

Pretty sure it's always said that... there was some prompt warning me that it wouldn't stack with some buff during headstart.

The warning was added for a good reason. They wouldn't have bothered. 

You say that... but the level 49 quest still says to enable pvp you have to beat the quest despite it being enabled at 45 without telling you.

And, as I said, pretty sure that warning was always there.

Edited by bakimono

Posted (edited)

Hello guys,

qmcEWKI.png

6N332hB.png

Sure. Why not add a 50% Life EXP for 24 hours now you are on it?... Sure make everyone who pay level up easily so the gap between payed and none payed players will be so spread that pvp is not worth it? I would love to get to 56+ fast so I can beat the shit about of people who is level 50-52.... Make everything easy... Why not make a ArcheAge 2.0? I think it is the best idea ever! Vote for me and I will make you win! Just a note; If they should add something like that it should ONLY be in the loyal shop! And yet I would not vote for it!

Edited by Martin Blom

Posted

That warning has been on EXP scrolls since head start?  I don't know what you mean by "Now"

Posted

That warning has been on EXP scrolls since head start?  I don't know what you mean by "Now"

No it hasn't. I used 2 of these scrolls yesterday and they were instant cast. I have used the pearl store exp scrolls by accident due to trying to change from gillie to normal set armor, the warning has never been there.

Posted

People, you know how it works.

DAUM wants as much of your money as possible. There is no doubt or discussion over this part, it's a simple fact.

Now question is how do they do it.

First they keep CS moderate, to keep people from rage quitting, to keep them in game and make them invest their time into it.

CS has some options and people spend. Once people have most of stuff from CS and sales drop slightly they introduce more stuff to CS, and people buy more.

Slowly over time CS becomes more and more P2W, people complain a bit but live with it since they already invested a lot in game, both time and some cash and they don't want just outright quit.

Over time as investment is higher, CS gets some really stupid P2W items, and at that time people have already invested so much in the game they stick with it.

DAUM goes to vacations, and buys villas and expensive cars with your money. Money you threw in for virtual P2W items.

DAUM wins, you lose. And noone else to blame but yourself.

End of story.

Hobbies are an investment. You spend money for time wasted, anyone else expecting different is clearly imbecilic.

1 person likes this

Posted

Im just gonna say it out loud

P2W.

where are all the kids defending Daum's shop now? It hasn't even been 2 months since release and there are already inclinations of p2w store (that was faster than other regions) with this book and with

ZwC9PrI.jpg

"pearl item"?? ? what pearl item? lmao. This was not in the scroll description pre-patch and yes there is a pearl item xp scroll thats obtainable through achievements (leveling up etc) but are they talking about that scroll or something new? 

In b4 they add some ridiculous p2w consumable in the cash shop with blader/plum release and use it as an excuse to make it "fair" for players to catch up 

we need some clarification asap because as it looks right now it seems like bdo in the west will go p2w even faster than the other regions 

1 person likes this

Posted

Hahahaha.

Game is Buy to Play ($30), much needed items are about $60 extra (pets, weight limit, inv space), and now there's going to be a subscription.

Jesus christ, this game is going to cost a fortune in the long run to play optimally.

1 person likes this

Posted

Yeah but there is a difference do you spend some normal amount of cash for a hobby, or you throw a whole fortune into it. :)

The second is clearly money waste.

Who are you to determine that for someone?

Posted

Guys everything is okay! It will be easier to quit the game.

2 people like this

Posted

Uh... This would be a step in the wrong direction for sure.

@CM_Jouska please confirm that this isn't true if authorized to doso.

Posted

Who are you to determine that for someone?

I mean yes they can't determine that for someone, but things like this become MANDITORY in a game that's end game content is pretty much entirely PvP oriented.  If you want to not get one shot, you have to keep up in level and gear.  If people who play all day also get an extra 50% xp on top of that whenever they please, how does anyone but the whales compete in end game PvP?

1 person likes this

Posted

Im just gonna say it out loud

P2W.

where are all the kids defending Daum's shop now? It hasn't even been 2 months since release and there are already inclinations of p2w store (that was faster than other regions) with this book and with

ZwC9PrI.jpg

"pearl item"?? ? what pearl item? lmao. This was not in the scroll description pre-patch and yes there is a pearl item xp scroll thats obtainable through achievements (leveling up etc) but are they talking about that scroll or something new? 

In b4 they add some ridiculous p2w consumable in the cash shop with blader/plum release and use it as an excuse to make it "fair" for players to catch up 

we need some clarification asap because as it looks right now it seems like bdo in the west will go p2w even faster than the other regions 

Dunno if you know this but $100 backers got a costume at headstart that gives perma 10% xp. Its a bit late to complain about this now lol.

Posted

Dunno if you know this but $100 backers got a costume at headstart that gives perma 10% xp. Its a bit late to complain about this now lol.

This.

Posted (edited)

OMFG if they add a subscription option too they better lower the cost of cosmetic items / add SOME way to get them in game. 

Also as a side note, given how little xp you get at cap it seems like this would be a requirement for anyone hoping to stay competitive in PvP :/

After 55 gear matters much much more than levels. at 56 there's almost no more skill points worth investing in as a ranger.

XP bonuses aren't P2W anyway. P2W isn't defined by an xp bonus

Edited by Catclaw

Posted

u know that all costumes give 10% right ?

Posted

u know that all costumes give 10% right ?

I actually didn't know that lol thats good to know. Something Something P2W only whales can level.

Posted

After 55 gear matters much much more than levels. at 56 there's almost no more skill points worth investing in as a ranger.

XP bonuses aren't P2W anyway. P2W isn't defined by an xp bonus

"There's almost no more skill points worth investing" - Ohh god. You must be a fisher! If that's what you think is the big different between each level I feel really really bad for ya.