• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

cm jouska Exp scroll warning - Exp book incoming? Answer please!

83 posts in this topic

Posted

"There's almost no more skill points worth investing" - Ohh god. You must be a fisher! If that's what you think is the big different between each level I feel really really bad for ya.

Haha, he hasn't heard about awakening.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Im just gonna say it out loud

P2W.

where are all the kids defending Daum's shop now? It hasn't even been 2 months since release and there are already inclinations of p2w store (that was faster than other regions) with this book and with

ZwC9PrI.jpg

"pearl item"?? ? what pearl item? lmao. This was not in the scroll description pre-patch and yes there is a pearl item xp scroll thats obtainable through achievements (leveling up etc) but are they talking about that scroll or something new? 

In b4 they add some ridiculous p2w consumable in the cash shop with blader/plum release and use it as an excuse to make it "fair" for players to catch up 

we need some clarification asap because as it looks right now it seems like bdo in the west will go p2w even faster than the other regions 

Those scrolls are given as loyalty rewards (300) or as the achievement for hitting level 55.

they aren't actually sold for pearls in our version.

Edited by Catclaw

Posted

This.

where is 10%  where is 50%

also this 10% is the bonus of every costume which was purchasable from the start 

also there were many threads talking about this 10% and asking for it to be removed , including one from me http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/14105-daum-the-reason-why-costume-stats-should-be-nerfed/

and how is 50% even equal to 10%? You're going to need those 50% scrolls to stay relevant cus if you don't get them then some scrub from a pvp guild and a first world country will pve for 15 hours a day (i can do that too currently but i don't want to because its boring) with an xp scroll

this will kill the game for so many people, wasnt that the reason everyone wanted b2p?

All the white knights defending horrible decisions from Daum/PA saying how we have inventory slots what not and that we paid fee for a p2w-free store (altho it already has plenty of p2w) are probably in for a sudden realization. Not even 2 months since the game released and we have inclinations of p2w . Would be nice to get a confirm or deny from someone from Daum's staff before talking further i suppose...

sadly the way things are and everything taken into account, they will probably use blader and plum's release as an excuse to add a ridiculous item like this  and think that its justified

Posted (edited)

"There's almost no more skill points worth investing" - Ohh god. You must be a fisher! If that's what you think is the big different between each level I feel really really bad for ya.

I'm level 55 and 51% into 56.

Accuracy tests show that level barely affects it. Please tell me what you need in the ranger toolkit after 56. I'd be enlightened to know, seeing as I looked at level 59 rangers in KR and all they were getting after 56 was the bonus HP passive.

Rangers have most of the there toolkit by 53 and have all of it by 56. Just hop over to the ranger forums and look at the guides by Ayl or Viper.

Edited by Catclaw

Posted (edited)

There's so many P2win aspects to this game that it's becoming a turnoff.

+exp is fine, it's in a lot of games, but +50% in a game that is all about grinding? That's like giving you +50% exp in Everquest. It was fine when it was just ONE HOUR in the LOYALTY shop. That made sense, play 3 days get a scroll, no big deal.

I just don't know man, I could deal with the Ghille making it really hard to see who was a witch/wizard/ranger, I could deal with skill resets only being in the cash shop, I could deal with fishers with the fish costume being able to fish at at least 20% increased efficiency due to swim speed, I could deal with cash shop underwear providing luck freeing up a gem, I could deal with cash shop items making knowledge easier to get, I could deal with pets being an almost mandatory purchase (making the game cost $60 in reality) but jesus christ you keep piling it on.

ALL OF THIS IN A BUY TO PLAY GAME! WTF!

Something is going to break if you keep piling it on.

Edited by Blythe90
2 people like this

Posted

There's so many P2win aspects to this game that it's becoming a turnoff.

+exp is fine, it's in a lot of games, but +50% in a game that is all about grinding? That's like giving you +50% exp in Everquest. 

I just don't know man, I could deal with the Ghille making it really hard to see who was a witch/wizard/ranger, I could deal with skill resets only being in the cash shop, I could deal with fishers with the fish costume being able to fish at at least 20% increased efficiency due to swim speed, I could deal with cash shop underwear providing luck freeing up a gem, I could deal with cash shop items making knowledge easier to get, but jesus christ you keep piling it on.

ALL OF THIS IN A BUY TO PLAY GAME! WTF!

Something is going to break if you keep piling it on.

There's really cheap food buffs to get XP and you can get 1hr 50% xp scroll every 3 days just by logging in.

You get 10 for hitting level 55, and a bunch from leveling.

Posted

Nice i cant wait

2 people like this

Posted

People, you know how it works.

DAUM wants as much of your money as possible. There is no doubt or discussion over this part, it's a simple fact.

Now question is how do they do it.

First they keep CS moderate, to keep people from rage quitting, to keep them in game and make them invest their time into it.

CS has some options and people spend. Once people have most of stuff from CS and sales drop slightly they introduce more stuff to CS, and people buy more.

Slowly over time CS becomes more and more P2W, people complain a bit but live with it since they already invested a lot in game, both time and some cash and they don't want just outright quit.

Over time as investment is higher, CS gets some really stupid P2W items, and at that time people have already invested so much in the game they stick with it.

DAUM goes to vacations, and buys villas and expensive cars with your money. Money you threw in for virtual P2W items.

DAUM wins, you lose. And noone else to blame but yourself.

End of story.

I see no problem with this. you mad peasant?

Posted

Nice i cant wait

This guy rofl

Posted (edited)

Haha, he hasn't heard about awakening.

If y ou do all your SP quests you have more then enough points for awakening at around that time

pls

All combat point SP quests listed below

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1sDUQwllmeeXGbJYZ1-OAVajX5YDPXxC5u7sxq2LjiiE/edit#gid=0

Edited by Catclaw
1 person likes this

Posted

You realize that most peasants (with their corn fields, pigs etc.) are actually richer than most people living in cities?

um not really. rich can just buy peasants account fool.

Posted

Voice of reason. :)

A fortune to one is pocket change to another, reason without fact is personal opinion which when not evaluating both sides is biased opinion. 30$ for a game (cheap) and even 15$ a month for an optional subscription system (if this is expensive you should check your life choices) then on to the cash shop items which are all optional and purely for cosmetic reasons with minimal stat boosts that are permanent (rather than penny and diming a bunch of micro transaction consumables for the same thing) is a value option compared to most MMO's with a system like this.

not for everyone but it's a thing for those that want it c;

Posted

You guys would implode if you had to deal with Regrade Charms and RNG Boxes.

Posted

Yeah but there is a difference do you spend some normal amount of cash for a hobby, or you throw a whole fortune into it. :)

The second is clearly money waste.

You don't know much about people or hobbies do you?

Posted

OK OK GUYS then how about we make it so like other games do it too and with that i mean make it ONLY purchasable for chars UNDER lvl 50?

sounds good right?

that would help ppl catch up but not let higher ppl gain faster lvls too!

Posted

I have 16hours worth of 50% xp scrolls lol. 6 from loyalty, 10 from hitting lvl 55.

Posted

I have 16hours worth of 50% xp scrolls lol. 6 from loyalty, 10 from hitting lvl 55.

Must not be very bright if you bought 6 loyalty exp scrolls that you're not gonna use.

It's ok, once you make an alt and don't have any scrolls you'll pay into the machine.

Posted

yes and thats fair cus its the same for everyone and its also limited

add them to cash shop and all hell breaks loose

OK OK GUYS then how about we make it so like other games do it too and with that i mean make it ONLY purchasable for chars UNDER lvl 50?

sounds good right?

that would help ppl catch up but not let higher ppl gain faster lvls too!

thats a good suggestion but probably abuseable, 

come on guys getting 55 level in this game is so easy, if an university student thats studying for final exams + works + has a gym can be 55 lvl for over a week ( not me but a friend) when he spent half of his time exploring and doing pvp then so can everybody else, 

pve is already too easy and xp rates should be lowered instead 

Posted

And so it begins...... next ArcheAge is coming.

Brace yourselves...

Just charge a subscription Daum and -----ing be done with it. These cash shops and DLC are just cancers of the gaming industry that ruin otherwise good games because some manager dickhead comes along and says "oh how can we squeeze even more money to pad our ridiculous profit margins?".

A manager that doesn't even touch the -----ing game... it's not the developers it's the moron upper management that are aids. They killed blizzard too. That company is a joke...

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Must not be very bright if you bought 6 loyalty exp scrolls that you're not gonna use.

It's ok, once you make an alt and don't have any scrolls you'll pay into the machine.

Alts are at a disadvantage in this game btw. you don't get the free SP you got from achievments on alts. I don't plan to make any other type of MAIN alts. just crafters etc. I'm playing the same class i played in the CBT's

I'm also holding onto my scrolls for my vacation in a couple weeks lol

Edited by Catclaw

Posted

subs it's ok, scroll exp (only) are ok just don't introduce life hp ap dp etc etc scroll please !
another thing. it's a game. u can also playing without. the game is an hobby for have fun. fun, FUN. 

Posted

Hello guys,

exp scrolls now come with a warning saying they won't stack with Book of Experience. Book of experience is a subscription item that gives +50% combat exp for a month. Can @CM_Jouska confirm if this is coming or not next week?

It would make business sense and give people the chance to catch up.

Below is an image of a normal exp scroll - this warning never came up before.

qmcEWKI.png

Below is the book from Russia / Korea and seems to have been added to our database:

http://bddatabase.net/us/item/17647/

6N332hB.png

To be clear,

This can be only translation. Atm i didn't heard anything about book of exp, so this topic is theory only. 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

To be clear,

This can be only translation. Atm i didn't heard anything about book of exp, so this topic is theory only. 

Don't lie to us Deska, are you in on this charade? FESS UP.

Jouska has done the ol bait and switch on us... hey guise I got this cool game totally not p2w I promise.....

JK LOL IT'S P2W U MAD?

Edited by Jack Sparrow
1 person likes this

Posted

noty

Posted

To be clear,

If you have any power in influencing Daum's decisions on this, please tell them we don't want this.

Massive exp scrolls (50%?!?!) are just outrageous, and is a grim sign for the game's overall outlook.

I know when I first start a game, I look at the cash shop, this game I was kinda... eh... about, had some p2win stuff on it, but if I saw that I could get 50% extra exp by paying, would I have bought it? No, because I like to be optimal in everything that I do, and playing without 50% exp is not optimal, forcing me to buy the book, which is basically a subscription.

I paid $100 into this game and still feel like there's a LOT of stuff I could buy, most games I only spend $30-60, I'm already regretting it. -_-