• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Limited Ranged Attacks

5 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hello all,

I am new to BDO. I just started testing out the game this week. I have noticed something in-game that I am wanting some clarification on. 

I like to play ranged classes, specifically Wizard. However, in this game I have noticed that the distance you can cast spells (or shoot arrows for ranger) is very limited and you must get close enough for the reticle to turn red before you can actually hit a target. I can't shoot the birds flying overhead, or anything more then maybe 10m away. 

So my question is this: Does the distance for ranged attacks increase with character progression or is that just how it is in BDO? 

Edited by Selador

Posted

No one else has noticed this?? :(

Posted

Hello all,

I am new to BDO. I just started testing out the game this week. I have noticed something in-game that I am wanting some clarification on. 

I like to play ranged classes, specifically Wizard. However, in this game I have noticed that the distance you can cast spells (or shoot arrows for ranger) is very limited and you must get close enough for the reticle to turn red before you can actually hit a target. I can't shoot the birds flying overhead, or anything more then maybe 10m away. 

So my question is this: Does the distance for ranged attacks increase with character progression or is that just how it is in BDO? 

I play a witch temporarily until maehwa comes out, just aim your cursor farther out on the terrain and the spells will go farther, there is a cut off point though they only go so far, works for spells like risidual lightning, lightning storm, fireball or w.e its called i'm on an alt.

Posted

You are supposed to kite enemies as a ranged class.

Wouldn't it be Op if a ranger was sniping you from downtown?

Yes, it could be OP.. but I think the distance it maxes out at now is too limited. 

Posted

As a Wizard I find that the mobs get up to me pretty quickly since the initial casting distance is not that far. This is why your first cast should be some type of slow/damage effect. Then even Lightning slows them down a bit more or stuns them for a bit. Look into the Wizards section and a person there made a very nice guide of the sequence of casts to use.

Then there is that shield cast that is good to use on yourself if you want to gather a lot up close and wipe them all with lightning strikes and a final residual lightning. Lightning chain is cool too and then lightning storm. All these get more effective as you level up, which with Wizards is pretty fun to do since you get so many aoe effects. Basically don't worry about mobs getting too close when you learn the rotations that suit you best. Can even use that short heal spell and strafe off to the side.