• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

LF> Warrior movement teacher [Orwen]

16 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hello~

I'm looking for someone to help teach me the ropes on fast movement with warrior in situations where I'd either need to get away from a PK'er, travel fast, or general fast paced [pvp] movement

I'm a lvl 52 warrior with 500 skill points invested with 60 leftover points (saving for awakening)

I kinda have a general idea of which skills are best for movement, but I can't quite get down order and timing

I've watched Kinto's videos but I don't learn by watching, and I've practiced but i cant quite get the hang of it, so if someone could come help me ingame that would be appreciated!

Edited by Jaluvshuskies

Posted (edited)

Whisper me later tonight, Rayco Erisn, see if I can help you out.

Edited by Rayco
1 person likes this

Posted

I'm on Edan, but if you're alright with it, I could get in a voice chat with you and stream with my keys on the screen. Let me know if or when you want to do this  

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Whisper me later tonight, Rayco Erisn, see if I can help you out.

Cool! If I have time tonight Ill do that

I'm on Edan, but if you're alright with it, I could get in a voice chat with you and stream with my keys on the screen. Let me know if or when you want to do this  

That would work as well, but if Rayco helps me I might be ok, ty for the offer ~ (I learn better by immitating in-game anyway, so I'm not sure how well voice chat would work) I'll update here and let you know

Update: Rayco was very helpful!

Edited by Jaluvshuskies
1 person likes this

Posted

Can you share it here, the fast movement combos when you get the hang of them? :D

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Can you share it here, the fast movement combos when you get the hang of them? :D

Essentially alternating cancelled forward slash with double shield charge until charging thrust is up.

Key combos would look something like this...

RMB > RMB > F > Q+W+LMB (till double shield charge or charging thrust is off CD) > RMB > RMB > F...repeat

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong or this can be improved upon.

Edited by Rayco
1 person likes this

Posted

Essentially alternating cancelled forward slash with double shield charge until charging thrust is up.

Key combos would look something like this...

RMB > RMB > F > Q+W+LMB (till double shield charge or charging thrust is off CD) > RMB > RMB > F...repeat

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong or this can be improved upon.

That's interesting

What I've been using at the moment is something like, W+F>W+RMB(twice)>W+LMB

Though when it ends with Forward Slash, I've got nothing left lol 

Though the better version of Charging Thrust will improve it further 

Then the shorter version is like, W+RMB(twice)>W+LMB>W+RMB>W+LMB and so on

Posted

I use charging thrust > Shield Charge > Forwards Slash, Then straight into sprint Then ShieldCharge (cooldown is up) > Forward slash and usually charging thrust is ready in just a second to repeat.

Posted

I've been having fun with charging trust->shield charge->kick->jump trust x3->forward slash->shield charge...

You can also run away pretty well by starting jump trust off a dodge then doing the usual movement fun

You can just loop that for super nikes

Posted

I've been having fun with charging trust->shield charge->kick->jump trust x3->forward slash->shield charge...

You can also run away pretty well by starting jump trust off a dodge then doing the usual movement fun

You can just loop that for super nikes

Does Kick work as the animation cancel for Shield Charge? Jump Thrust is Space+LMB, right?

I use charging thrust > Shield Charge > Forwards Slash, Then straight into sprint Then ShieldCharge (cooldown is up) > Forward slash and usually charging thrust is ready in just a second to repeat.

OH right, Sprint is used to wait for the cool down on Shield Charge then repeat 

Posted

W + F > W + RMB > Q + W + LMB

This is the right method to keep moving indefinitely.

You have to press Q + W + LMB together, NOT hold any of them. Q + W + LMB every +/- 1 sec. You'll have to find yourself the right rhythm, otherwise you will run out of stamina too soon.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

For warrior movement I suggest getting instant WP regen. on Forward Slash.

It's pretty simple, you want to preserve forward slash as much as possible and use shield charge and charge(W+F) as soon as it's up. Keep in mind some of those skills keep you guarded and while you are guarded you can take dmg in back but you can't get knocked down so use your skills smartly.

This is combo I learned from Kinto. You use Counter at end of shield charge animation to go into 3 deep thrust jumps, with instant WP regen or WP pots you can do this combo endlessly.

Edited by Amatsu
1 person likes this

Posted

Does Kick work as the animation cancel for Shield Charge? Jump Thrust is Space+LMB, right?

OH right, Sprint is used to wait for the cool down on Shield Charge then repeat 

Yes, you do your kick cancel from shield charge into shift left click for jump thrust.

Posted

For warrior movement I suggest getting instant WP regen. on Forward Slash.

It's pretty simple, you want to preserve forward slash as much as possible and use shield charge and charge(W+F) as soon as it's up. Keep in mind some of those skills keep you guarded and while you are guarded you can take dmg in back but you can't get knocked down so use your skills smartly.

This is combo I learned from Kinto. You use Counter at end of shield charge animation to go into 3 deep thrust jumps, with instant WP regen or WP pots you can do this combo endlessly.

Very nice!  All skills ultimate aside from counter?  So we need...

- ultimate forward slash

- ultimate deep thrust

- ultimate shield charge

and that's it?  Does using charging thrust in the rotation extend this further or shorter the total length you can travel?

Posted

Very nice!  All skills ultimate aside from counter?  So we need...

- ultimate forward slash

- ultimate deep thrust

- ultimate shield charge

and that's it?  Does using charging thrust in the rotation extend this further or shorter the total length you can travel?

That's right all skills are ultimate aside from counter, however I believe it you don't need ultimate on all of them for it to work.  Regardless of whenever you need all ultimate version of skill, all those are core warrior skills and you would need them sooner or later.

Charging Thrust should extend travel distance noticeably. Using the basic combo(forward slash, shield charge, charging thrust) you will have stamina problems in most cases, the point of video was to shot that you don't need to use charging thrust for it to work and don't have any stamina problems. In the basic combo stamina for forward slash regenerates during shield charge and charging thrust. In the ultimate deep thrust combo you don't depend on stamina, instead little of WP. As shown on the video you can do the ultimate deep thrust combo endlessly with WP pot or Instant WP regen on forward slash,

1 person likes this

Posted

That's right all skills are ultimate aside from counter, however I believe it you don't need ultimate on all of them for it to work.  Regardless of whenever you need all ultimate version of skill, all those are core warrior skills and you would need them sooner or later.

Charging Thrust should extend travel distance noticeably. Using the basic combo(forward slash, shield charge, charging thrust) you will have stamina problems in most cases, the point of video was to shot that you don't need to use charging thrust for it to work and don't have any stamina problems. In the basic combo stamina for forward slash regenerates during shield charge and charging thrust. In the ultimate deep thrust combo you don't depend on stamina, instead little of WP. As shown on the video you can do the ultimate deep thrust combo endlessly with WP pot or Instant WP regen on forward slash,

thanks!  Definitely have to try it out and attempt to reawaken my FS and try for work regen!