• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Guild Wars need to cost more

54 posts in this topic

Posted

Before you jump down my throat with all the "don't mess with my pvp" stuff listen up. 

At the moment it costs pathetically low amounts of silver to declare war, and on top of that there's no further cost to the war. What this means is that a big guild can easily declare against a small guild for the simplest reasons, like gathering fox fur next to one of their officers that happens to be gathering fox fur as well.

The cost of war declaration needs to be a lot higher, and scale off of the size of your guild.

IE a small guild vs small guild should cost like 100k to initiate.

Where as a large guild vs a small guild should cost like 20 million to initiate

Large vs Large 5 million.

Just random numbers of course but there needs to be a cost. There also needs to be further mechanics to prevent the present ability to abuse the system. Guild morale, Guild Karma, and the likes need to be things. 

At the moment it is too easy for large guilds to abuse the system and squash smaller guilds over petty things. There needs to be more cost to the declaration of war, to make it more strategic, and mean more to the guild declaring. Otherwise you end up in a situation like on Orwen where the big guilds that span across multiple guilds simply declare against the little guys because they are bored.

Posted

Sure, let's limit pvp even more. Great idea OP!!! Honestly sometimes I wonder why you people even play this game?

1 person likes this

Posted

Do you want it so that 300 man guilds can declare unlimited wars on 30 player guilds? Is that your idea of PVP?

1 person likes this

Posted

Sure, let's limit pvp even more. Great idea OP!!! Honestly sometimes I wonder why you people even play this game?

How is upping the cost of Declaring War, limiting PvP at all? If anything, it would encourage people to put more thought into the worth of it all, opposed to going, "Trollololol 125k trollololol"...

Posted

How is upping the cost of Declaring War, limiting PvP at all? If anything, it would encourage people to put more thought into the worth of it all, opposed to going, "Trollololol 125k trollololol"...

You realize there's a protection feature for care bears like you, right? Many of us enjoy the current war system and actually like to pvp in this game. We get it, you don't like to pvp but there are so many ways to avoid it stop trying to ruin it for the people who do enjoy it. 

Posted

If you die in a guild war you dont lose anything. Now, what do you think will happen if guild wars cost more? Right, you dont declare war but just PK the other player. And then you actually lose something.

My guild is now at war with a guild for over 2 weeks. And this war will most likely go on forever. If not, we will just KoS them anyway.

Posted

You realize there's a protection feature for care bears like you, right? Many of us enjoy the current war system and actually like to pvp in this game. We get it, you don't like to pvp but there are so many ways to avoid it stop trying to ruin it for the people who do enjoy it. 

So because my opinion differs from yours, I'm automatically a "Care-bear" heh? I'm sorry that my opinion that wars should cost more to declare, bothers you so much. As to a reason behind my opinion is that, making it cost more to declare would deter larger guilds bullying smaller guilds, or guilds declaring just to get around Karma-loss.

Posted

Welcome to Sandbox MMOs where strength in numbers is a real thing. It sounds like you should not mess with guilds that have 10x your size. If you don't want people to declare war on you might I suggest leaving your guild?

Posted

You can only have so many wars up at once.  If your 30 man guild pissed off a 100 man that badly that they have you permanently declared you have to ask yourself if it was worth it to piss them off in the first place.

Posted

Go play guild wars 2 if you don't want to PvP. I'm sick of reading all these f**king posts about all these game killing PVE ideas. 

3 people like this

Posted

don't mess with my pvp

1 person likes this

Posted

I support this.

Cost needs to be a variable that is relative to the number of guild members or the guild size.

1 person likes this

Posted

Welcome to Sandbox MMOs where strength in numbers is a real thing. It sounds like you should not mess with guilds that have 10x your size. If you don't want people to declare war on you might I suggest leaving your guild?

You realize that "messing" with this guild was as simple as killing our own lizards, and skinning them, when one of their officers came over and wanted to do the same, they declared war, since there is no recourse for their action, and the war costs them nothing. So... it would be one thing if we had flagged and attacked them, but farming crafting mats just outside of Heidel is cause for war? Really?

Posted

You realize that "messing" with this guild was as simple as killing our own lizards, and skinning them, when one of their officers came over and wanted to do the same, they declared war, since there is no recourse for their action, and the war costs them nothing. So... it would be one thing if we had flagged and attacked them, but farming crafting mats just outside of Heidel is cause for war? Really?

Change channels. This is a pvp game. If you want pve go play Guildwars 2 with NO GUILDWARS. 

Posted

Change channels. This is a pvp game. If you want pve go play Guildwars 2 with NO GUILDWARS. 

That's a stupid answer, since it would still be a PvP game. Some people merely prefer goal-oriented PvP instead of random zergfests. You disagree and that is fine, but there is no need to ride a high and mighty horse and pretend this is about PvP and no PvP.

Roll in your e-peen.

1 person likes this

Posted

You pk people use that excuse all the time, and when I see you lose enchants when you turn red, i just laugh and laugh and laugh again.

It's not a question about pvp, bring on the pvp. It's a question about big guild being able to bully small guilds with out it costing them anything at the moment.

Posted

You pk people use that excuse all the time, and when I see you lose enchants when you turn red, i just laugh and laugh and laugh again.

It's not a question about pvp, bring on the pvp. It's a question about big guild being able to bully small guilds with out it costing them anything at the moment.

If you're in a small guild being bullied by a big guild then you're either in a bad guild or bad yourself. Small guilds make the decisions to be so, as such they must be able to sustain in that fashion. I'm in a <20 man guild and we've won every war we've had on our server - all against med/large guilds.

Guild war costs are fine. Stop trying to limit PvP. Get better at it so it doesn't cause you so many problems. 

1 person likes this

Posted

It goes both ways.

Big guild declares war on Medium/Small, They get killed over and over, what can the small guild do? They can enjoy the fact they lose nothing, and just steal the monsters anyway. eventually big guild removes the war from little guild. as both are losing from it.

Why does the system need changing? It does not, price is fine as it is, War is good for both sides of the story always if you look at it in a positive way. Who on earth could not like to have a free arena? open world, with 0 loss no matter what you do? does that not sound awesome? 

To each there own opinion, but I feel that Guild Wars are one of the things that has no issue at this point.

Posted

Before you jump down my throat with all the "don't mess with my pvp" stuff listen up. 

At the moment it costs pathetically low amounts of silver to declare war, and on top of that there's no further cost to the war. What this means is that a big guild can easily declare against a small guild for the simplest reasons, like gathering fox fur next to one of their officers that happens to be gathering fox fur as well.

The cost of war declaration needs to be a lot higher, and scale off of the size of your guild.

Just random numbers of course but there needs to be a cost. There also needs to be further mechanics to prevent the present ability to abuse the system. Guild morale, Guild Karma, and the likes need to be things. 

At the moment it is too easy for large guilds to abuse the system and squash smaller guilds over petty things. There needs to be more cost to the declaration of war, to make it more strategic, and mean more to the guild declaring. Otherwise you end up in a situation like on Orwen where the big guilds that span across multiple guilds simply declare against the little guys because they are bored.

How about no ?

We need more war decleration then the low number of 6.

So many guilds run to other channels for a day and come back wich cost another 150k to declare war on again.

This is a pvp mmo and it has not enough pvp currently.

if you are a small guild or medium guild you could make an alliance and declare war on that guild and just overwhelm them.

this is a sandbox mmo and not some pve themepark made for carebears who dislike pvp.

Conflict should be upon you the moment you leave town.

If your guild is to weak to pvp then train more for pvp or recruit pvp players instead of crying here to nerf pvp.

2 people like this

Posted

lol you guys toss around that carebear logo all the time. Come up with something on your own sometime?

At the moment it costs nothing for a guild to declare war. Thus the system gets abused over very small things. we got declared on because we were farming mats, lizards near heidel no less. We didn't attack any of their members or anything and we held our own in combat.

What I am saying is that it needs to cost more, so that guilds are more strategic with whom they declare against. It needs to have more meaning other than "oh those guys are getting leather, better stop them!"

There's so many negative changes to the game with regards to pvp as it is. You're gankable at level 45 here, on KR you have to do a special quest at level 49 to advance into pvp, which gives you time to gear up.

On here there's no maintenance to war, where as on KR there is. There's even guild morale and karma as well. I am all for pvp, bring it on, but have it be meaningful, not "oh look we have 100 level 55 people, and they have 30 level 50 people lets go to war with them."

1 person likes this

Posted

lol you guys toss around that carebear logo all the time. Come up with something on your own sometime?

At the moment it costs nothing for a guild to declare war. Thus the system gets abused over very small things. we got declared on because we were farming mats, lizards near heidel no less. We didn't attack any of their members or anything and we held our own in combat.

What I am saying is that it needs to cost more, so that guilds are more strategic with whom they declare against. It needs to have more meaning other than "oh those guys are getting leather, better stop them!"

There's so many negative changes to the game with regards to pvp as it is. You're gankable at level 45 here, on KR you have to do a special quest at level 49 to advance into pvp, which gives you time to gear up.

On here there's no maintenance to war, where as on KR there is. There's even guild morale and karma as well. I am all for pvp, bring it on, but have it be meaningful, not "oh look we have 100 level 55 people, and they have 30 level 50 people lets go to war with them."

In this enormous map are you actually running in to problems with one guild dominating you that badly? I've never seen it happen once. Change channel, do something else or just get better at the game so you can win a fight. If they zerg you to death then claim the moral victory that they had to bring 5:1 odds or whatever to win and then return to option one or two.

The solution here is not to cripple the entire PvP system just because you got killed a few times.

Posted

Guild Wars is not a DAUM game bro, you are in wrong forums.

How's that cleverness working out for you?

In this enormous map are you actually running in to problems with one guild dominating you that badly? I've never seen it happen once. Change channel, do something else or just get better at the game so you can win a fight. If they zerg you to death then claim the moral victory that they had to bring 5:1 odds or whatever to win and then return to option one or two.

The solution here is not to cripple the entire PvP system just because you got killed a few times.

It's not the point, the point is that they changed the way wars between guilds work in our version of the game, and it makes it so that there's no cost to war. There needs to be a cost so that large guilds don't abuse the system like they are doing now.

Posted

I have a small guild. We run into problems similar to this. We fight and if we get stomped we just move channels and do something else. Its pvp/pk same thing . You cant handle it. You are a pve player. So try guild wars 2. You cant GET PKD at all in that game. You can bring on the pvp all you want there. So thats your game. 

Posted

+10

Posted

Yea bro there's a reason why guild wars were changed from KR to NA, it's what the community wanted. IMO the KR version is stupid as -----, if a guild declines a declaration the opposing guild must pay an upkeep to sustain the war!? Lmao. Think about it... who in the right mind would accept a war decleration? You can just force the opposing guild ridiculous amounts of silver to go to war. That system completely takes away from sandbox expirence. The devs realized this and made guild wars nonconsenual for NA and rightfully so, this game barely holds up to its genre but at least this aspect of the game does. And dude, if you really call it "bullying" stop being a ----- this is a game not RL, internet bullying was made up by house mom's that spoil there millenial children with macbooks.