• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

So confused "Help, I'm a nub"

10 posts in this topic

Posted

I would have posted this in the newbie thread but I figured I'd get a faster response in the general thread. Ok, so I've only been playing for about 5 days now and I'm starting to get the hang of many aspects of the game except the node/trade system. I fish alot and I'd like to maximize my profits but I don't think I'm doing it right. I understand that the longer the node chain the more profit can be made however, I must be missing something because I rarely make the profit they're worth. So far this is the only topic that Google has failed me on so can ya help a fellow nub out? 

Could someone please lay out an example node path that's working for them that I may duplicate?  (the fishing spot, each node in chain, and trader npc)

Thanks. xD

Posted

Are you fishing in the open water on a boat or off the land?

Check your fish, they will say on them a location where you got them and also importantly, how old they are. They start with a timer of 24 hours, once that gets to 75% of max they lose value.

Follow the green line in the picture to sell to heidel, the island node is only needed if you fish out in the water (for the hotspot).

There are also things called 'golden spots' or 'hotspots'. They have a higher chance to catch better fish, but due to the numbers of people they are not good for exp so only use them for cash, not for training.

This map (in the link) has fishing hotspots marked - use the tick boxes on the right.

http://ph129.net/map/??

node.jpg

Posted

@Bismarck, You're a scholar and a gentleman sir! Thank you very much. I'll give it a shot.

Posted (edited)

Depending how far you are into the game. Most of the farms around Velia also have traders that will give you a good price without having to run all the way to Heidel all the time.  

Less time running = more time fishing!

Edited by AshOck

Posted (edited)

Keep in mind that the higher your fishing level, the more profit you will be making as well, so don't expect to be a billionaire in your first week of fishing. I have a friend who is third highest fisher and in a fishing guild, and pulls in about 60 million a week from a combination of fishing and some other activities. It's worth looking into alternative money making like making fishing poles etc. to help supplement your income.

Edited by Moira

Posted

Well, I duplicated the exact route provided by Bismarck (above), fished in the hotspot, caught some really good fish and traveled back to Heidel and the trader is still screwing me on the profits. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong :$

Posted (edited)

Look at your fish in the inventory and it will tell you which node you caught them at. THAT node has to be connected to where you're trying to sell them.

For example, the incredibly overcrowded hotspot that is just north of the Coastal Cave node manager out in the water actually belongs to the Luivano island node even though you would think they're from the Coastal Cave. If you don't have Luivano connected to Velia, you'll always get just 30%

Also, fish spoil over time. You have to sell them within a couple of hours or their value starts to drop. If you AFK fish while you sleep, you'll get a lot less when you sell them 8 hours later.

Edited by Cisco99

Posted

Look at your fish in the inventory and it will tell you which node you caught them at. THAT node has to be connected to where you're trying to sell them.

For example, the incredibly overcrowded hotspot that is just north of the Coastal Cave node manager out in the water actually belongs to the Luivano island node even though you would think they're from the Coastal Cave. If you don't have Luivano connected to Velia, you'll always get just 30%

Also, fish spoil over time. You have to sell them within a couple of hours or their value starts to drop. If you AFK fish while you sleep, you'll get a lot less when you sell them 8 hours later.

Ah, I see. Now I gotta hitch a ride to that island I guess. I doubt I can swim that far lol. Thnx for the info.

Posted

Ah, I see. Now I gotta hitch a ride to that island I guess. I doubt I can swim that far lol. Thnx for the info.

Making a raft is really easy (a bit more work for the other boats.) Just follow the series of quests about catching some specific fish from the kid, giant and otter near the Velia docks and that will eventually lead you to the quest to get you started making the raft, which will also be a nice simple introduction to using houses for crafting... and you'll get a +1 fishing outfit along the way too.

Posted

Making a raft is really easy (a bit more work for the other boats.) Just follow the series of quests about catching some specific fish from the kid, giant and otter near the Velia docks and that will eventually lead you to the quest to get you started making the raft, which will also be a nice simple introduction to using houses for crafting... and you'll get a +1 fishing outfit along the way too.

Thanks for the info. I actually ended up swimming to the island. Thank the gods for multiple health pots lol.