• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

How much of a nerf would it take to make fishing equal to crafting/trading?

95 posts in this topic

Posted

As it stands, you can make money crafting boats and wagons, or crafting and selling trade goods.. A quite decent amount actually, but it pales by far in comparison to the absurd amount of money you make via fishing.

I find it hard to believe that the design of the game is to make fishing so lucrative that all other money making ventures are at best hobbies or at worst an utter waste of time.

So, how much of a nerf would it take to bring fishing more inline with the other money making aspects of the game?  A great trade run can easily net you a million plus, but when you can make that consistently in a hour (or two) of fishing, why bother trading?

Even at a full 50% drop of all fish revenue, i suspect that fishing would still be a greater money maker than crafting/trading. 

What if fishing costs energy?  If every reel in attempt costs one energy point, would that be the easiest fix for fishing meanwhile decreasing the ease of catching gold rated fish (particularly by low skilled fishers with cheap fishing rods)

Another possible solution would be to rapidly drop the fish price based on the number of fish being sold into the market.

Of course, the easiest solution would just be for everyone to fish and be millionaires, leaving wagons to be strictly as loot carriers for grinding time and other trade goods as just, whatevers.

3 people like this

Posted

Just tax life skills at 35% and all will be fair.

Posted

Either make Fishing cost Energy. Or randomize Hotspots every 3-4 days, Or make fishing on "Exhausted" resources net you lower quality fishes.

4 people like this

Posted (edited)

Make fishing cost energy and tax proceeds at the trader.......

It's exactly what happens when I'm gathering/crafting and selling on the market so how about some equality??

There really isn't much point in doing anything but fishing as it stands with regards to financial reward..

Edited by Wolfhammer
1 person likes this

Posted

fishing is literally the shittest life skill i dont get why everyone wants to nerf it.... its alrdy nerfed in korea fish are wroth 2x more

5 people like this

Posted

there is no need to nerf fishing. fishing prices have allready been nerfed by 50%. love the game the way it is and dont want any changes like that.

3 people like this

Posted

The thing about making fishing cost energy is this: if reeling in cost one energy, but you reel in every 3 minutes or so (afk), you get that energy point back before you spend the next one due to recovering energy back each 3 minutes. :/

I do agree with you something needs to be done in regards to this matter tho. Changing the algorithm for the marketplace prices might be a better option, i dont really know.

2 people like this

Posted

Fishing has already been nerfed for NA by 50%.  This was one of a few stealth nerfs after CBT1 designed to slow the NA community down.  It doesn't need nerfed again.  The other skills need to be fixed.  Nerfing fishing is not the answer.

3 people like this

Posted

here's the deal. if i wanna make money, i fish. if i wanna have stuff, i craft. oh, nice little bonus -- if i craft, i can sell it for monies. nice!

it's all about your focus. time i spend in game fishing i'm not leveling mounts for breeding. i'm not leveling life skills for stuff. i'm not questing. i'm just standing there on a rock, or on shore somewhere, throwin' a string in the water over and over. 

additionally? there actually does appear to be some form of rng -- at least where i generally fish -- because i can have days when i catch nothin' but blues & yellows, and other days when i have to relocate because all i'm getting is whites & trash.

imo, fishing's fine as it is. stop whining, play the game, enjoy what is rather than tryin' to throw "balance" into the mix. traditionally, every time a game seeks to adjust "balance" for anything, they end up effing up everything.

6 people like this

Posted

It's good as it is.

Posted

The ideal solution is to nerf actual fishing speed in exhausted/ not enough zones by at least 5x.

Posted

Remove afk fishing problem solved.

2 people like this

Posted

Imo the only fair change would be to make "Exhausted" fishing spots more exhausted....

Posted

Imo just make it so processing uses zero energy. No need to need fishing

Posted (edited)

The real issue is the other professions. You still make a ton more grinding than fishing. And as others have mentioned fishing has already been nerfed. Nerfing fishing won't really fix the issues with the other crafts. Will just reinforce that grinding is the primary way to make money.

Problem is you can craft a shield, or piece of armor that cost you the equivalent of 300k in parts and can only sell it for 20k. If you get a blue you can sell that for 300-360k. You should be able to sell both for more. 

I don't craft for profits, I craft to get stuff that is hard to buy on MP or a pain to get from drops. I do wish you could make a profit as a crafter, but nerfing fishing will not make that happen.

Edited by Luciferia
6 people like this

Posted

If they nerfed fishing I'd likely quit this game.

I can make a lot more money doing other life skills or grinding, I just like fishing. If you think fishing gives you the most money out of any life skill you're delusional, a lot of life skills give you double+ silver per hour once you get to artisan.

3 people like this

Posted

Just tax life skills at 35% and all will be fair.

Not really.

It will be the same hierarchy of wealth EXCEPT making less.

Its like trying to justify playing jenga and saying youre making the blocks bigger when in reality all youre doing is removing the foundation one block at a time.  

@Topic

Nerf fishing more, cut the price to 75% of the current prices of fishes. Its stupid that to make alot of money fishing is the way to go, AT LEVEL beginner 1, while to start making decent profit in the trading field we need to be skilled and more. Its utter BS.

I can make a lot more money doing other life skills or grinding, I just like fishing. If you think fishing gives you the most money out of any life skill you're delusional, a lot of life skills give you double+ silver per hour once you get to artisan.

The fact that you dont spend anything except 500 for the fishing rod, and get a comback of 100k-1m per rod is stupid.

Posted (edited)

Being Master 1 in Processing and still only being able to cut 300~400 Logs an hour (using a premium bed) I support this...

I would get so much more enjoyment from the game if I wasn't limited to playing 40 minutes every 3 hours. Not to mention it would stimulate the market place alot more then what it is now. 

Energy on the Processing is such a Horrible mechanic I can't even begin to imagine how great the game is without it for other versions.

@CM_Jouska

Edited by Jamie

Posted

Ok i do fish and can make decent money, but fishing cannot even be compared to other life skills.

I will tell you how i make monney:

1. Got 10 farms growing sunflowers, i plant seed ferzilize it and leave it from 5-6 hours, while i grind or fish. I can make tons of crates that i send from ephiria port to altinova where i sell them around 30k each, With my farms i can make up to 10-14 mil a day by only spending hour tending to my farms.

2. Alchemy is one of the best professions if u lvl it up, +2 att speed cannot be found on marketplace and it sells 300k each. my guild member is making shit tons of money doing just that.

You just need to learn  the way that suits u best and quit asking for nerf on other things. Fishing is cool and u can make decent money, u got only fishing guilds on servers what would happen to them if they would nerf fishing ?

In others versions ppl dont even fish that much, and are less lazy then us when it comes to lvling up other life skills.

Posted

You mean make our NA/EU black desert online go back to the same system as the OTHER black desert online server!?! nu, your suggestion is smart and will be dumbed down by fanboys who cant comprehend that daum is wrong!!!!

Posted

Ok i do fish and can make decent money, but fishing cannot even be compared to other life skills.

I will tell you how i make monney:

1. Got 10 farms growing sunflowers, i plant seed ferzilize it and leave it from 5-6 hours, while i grind or fish. I can make tons of crates that i send from ephiria port to altinova where i sell them around 30k each, With my farms i can make up to 10-14 mil a day by only spending hour tending to my farms.

2. Alchemy is one of the best professions if u lvl it up, +2 att speed cannot be found on marketplace and it sells 300k each. my guild member is making shit tons of money doing just that.

You just need to learn  the way that suits u best and quit asking for nerf on other things. Fishing is cool and u can make decent money, u got only fishing guilds on servers what would happen to them if they would nerf fishing ?

In others versions ppl dont even fish that much, and are less lazy then us when it comes to lvling up other life skills.

This too

I use 5 character's energy to process logs into plywood for trade crates, I farm to crate top grade sunflowers, 1 character solely for making beer,

Overall yeah. Fishing is not a whole lot compared to smart usage of other life skills. Then I AFK fish while waiting for the crates to be packaged.

You mean make our NA/EU black desert online go back to the same system as the OTHER black desert online server!?! nu, your suggestion is smart and will be dumbed down by fanboys who cant comprehend that daum is wrong!!!!

Other servers are also Very P2W. 

Posted

here's the deal. if i wanna make money, i fish. if i wanna have stuff, i craft. oh, nice little bonus -- if i craft, i can sell it for monies. nice!

it's all about your focus. time i spend in game fishing i'm not leveling mounts for breeding. i'm not leveling life skills for stuff. i'm not questing. i'm just standing there on a rock, or on shore somewhere, throwin' a string in the water over and over. 

additionally? there actually does appear to be some form of rng -- at least where i generally fish -- because i can have days when i catch nothin' but blues & yellows, and other days when i have to relocate because all i'm getting is whites & trash.

imo, fishing's fine as it is. stop whining, play the game, enjoy what is rather than tryin' to throw "balance" into the mix. traditionally, every time a game seeks to adjust "balance" for anything, they end up effing up everything.

You just need to fish at the hotspots. You'll get mostly blues and yellows.

Posted

lets the fisherman live their life.  Not like you are restricted not to "fish", when you do something else instead. This isn't communism. Not everyone should make the same income, but I would say you should maybe buff other Crafting/Jobs whatever instead of nerfing some. Something that is harder and more time consuming to do should yield more of course.

Allthough in real life thats not always the matter. There will always be jobs where you do less and earn more. Guess we life in a free world of free marketing. 

Probably deal with it... its just a game.

Posted (edited)

Artisan 4 Cooking, and you get A LOT more by AFK fishing in a gold spot than what you can make by Cooking any dish.

So, no. Nice try.

Edited by hihey54

Posted (edited)

before you ----- up fishing ----- up the best thing to get money = grinding

they allready nerfed the fish prices -50% ... not enough? ok nerf it more and kill the profession

Edited by Necromonger
1 person likes this