• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

valkyrie builds

40 posts in this topic

Posted

It would be great if someone could share their valk build with me. For the build, im looking for dps, pvp with enough dmg for pve. I havent seen any builds for valks going around so if you have a complete build or some tips about what to max, etc id appreciate if you would like it.

Posted

If I wasn't at work and stuck on mobile I would post my revised build that I used in the Japanese Beta. I'll get it up for you later this evening. 

The best tip I can really give is to make sure to raise your Cast Speed. Cast Speed judges almost all of Valkyries moves besides grab and kicks which use Attack Speed. 

Posted

shield throw for pve, every CC skill for pvp

Posted

http://www.blackdeserttome.com/calculator/valkyrie/1016

This is my current build, as for what to max first Sword of Judgement would be a good choice it's one fo your main PvP and PvE skills as a Valk.

I don't want to sound rude but no sideways cut and celestial spear? >.>

Posted

I don't want to sound rude but no sideways cut and celestial spear? >.>

they're there just not maxed, I havent had any issues and it isnt like you cant go back and max them out later :P

Posted

Some of the most important skills for a Valk:

1. Sword of Judgement: This thing mows down mobs in PvE and can one-shot ppl in PvP.
  2. Celestial Spear: At max rank, you get +80 crit for 5s, and your enemy is slowed by 30%. With the ultimate, you get 2 spears, which allows you to immediately transition into the final hit of #1.
  3. Shield Throw: One of our few ranged skills, along with #2. It's a stun in PvP too. 
  4. Punishment: Our grapple skill - great for PvP, has spash dmg/KD in PvE. Bounces enemies, allowing for Air Attack/Down Attack combos. 
  5. Fitness training: Get that TANKY-NESS!!!
  6. Judgement of Light: Expensive, but this is your 100% Black Spirit Ulti, and it hits like a truck, especially if you use it after #2. (+80% base crit on your ulti? Anyone?) It's expensive, so just get 1 rank to start you off. 

Mobility Skills:

1. Sideways Cut: This is a great mobility skill. I've actually used it to escape fights while Shield Chase is on cooldown. It's not an evade like Shield Chase, but it has no cooldown and uses stamina instead of divine power. It is (almost) infinitely spammable. Max it out to decrease the stamina cost.
  2. Shield Chase: Gap closer, mobility skill/evade, does not take you out of defensive stance when used.
  3. (Maybe) Righteous Rush: Get 2 ranks of this till you can afford to max it out. It's a great gap closer (longer distance than #1 & #2), and counts as 2 hits, which allows you to immediately transition into the final hit of your Sword of Judgement. 

As for your buff skills:

1. Breath of Elion: Your self heal/insta-DP restore. Useful even in sticky situations b/c it can be animation canceled with block.
  2. Heaven's Echo: 60s of +20 DP with only 25s cooldown - easily 100% uptime on this buff. That +20 DP is pretty huge, even at higher levels. Did I mention that this is also an AoE pull for mobs? And can buff your friends?

Here's the Link
For me, this is a Valkarie's basic arsenal. Note that none of these skills require you to be over L50, and these skills require well under 500 SP. The rest is up to you.
I would suggest Sharp Light or Just Counter (your flashy stabby attacks, good crit, good DP return, the latter doesn't bring you out of guard.) They're also counters, so extra damage if your foe is in the middle of a spell or wind-up.
Looking at Glaring Slash, the damage seems to be good and isn't halved in PvP like alotta other skills. One downside I see is the cast time - it could easily be interrupted.
Vow of Trust is incredibly useful in PvE for grinding. The first rank is free, but ranks 2 & 3 require over 60 SP total. VERY expensive. IMO, too expensive.
Your Air attacks - Counter & Skyward Strike - could be very useful in PvP, especially when comboed with Punishment (the grapple) 
Severing Light isn't very useful until you get the final Ultimate Rank (adds KD) - the PvE turn-around can be accomplished with Shield Throw and Sideways Cut. 
Divine Power's cast time is way too long to be of much use in PvP unless your enemy is already on their back.
Your kicks are useless given their short range and paltry damage. They return alotta DP, but they would only be useful when comboed with other single target CC moves.
Forward Slash and Charging Slash are meh. They do a little more damage with a basic attack, but most of our skills give us a similar or better DP return.
I haven't investigated Shield Strike, Shield Counter, or Shield Push. They may be useful in PvP.

Hope this write-up helps!

11 people like this

Posted

Shield Strike can be used to continually push enemies into AoE range of each other in PvE. You can also use it to turn the enemy around and quickly follow for back attack damage. The problem with most Valkyrie skills is they just pale in comparison to Sword of Judgment and Celestial Spear.

Posted

Shield Strike can be used to continually push enemies into AoE range of each other in PvE. You can also use it to turn the enemy around and quickly follow for back attack damage. The problem with most Valkyrie skills is they just pale in comparison to Sword of Judgment and Celestial Spear.

Good thing you get it for free then. I would prefer Severing Light or Shield Throw for the turnaround, and the first rank of Glaring Slash is a much more effective way to group mobs. You're right that most skills are just not as good as SoJ & CS, but Shield Throw is still solid on the damage front, as is Sharp Light. I'm curious about Glaring Slash & Divine Power's damage at max rank, but at 97 SP and 110 SP, respectively, I won be there for a while yet. Judgement of Light has awesome dmg, but I always forget it's there as I hate using my quickslots in this game. 

Posted

I'm not happy with Glaring Slash at max. The damage doesn't seem as high as I hoped. It uses MP fast as well. The only use i get out of it is trying to keep pressure on someone in PvP because the AoE is large compared to a Valkyrie's alternatives. I almost never use it in PvE.

Divine Power is great for farming mobs, but it's only useful maxed. It's one of those skills i really like.. but the points are probably better used elsewhere. That said, i used it all the time in PvE.

I have Sharp light maxed as well and i dislike it. I would drop this if i ever got a skill reset. I haven't had much luck using it to knockdown players in PvP. This is a skill i should probably experiment with more.

Posted

http://www.blackdeserttome.com/calculator/valkyrie/1366

This my buid for Valks. It's for PvE/PvP

Punishment - only at lv 1, because lv+ this skill only add some DMG and lite faster animation, not worth to maxed if you dont have SP.
Forward Slash - must have PvE skill, super fast regen your WP
Sideways Cut - Good mobility skill for pvp/pve (only rank 1, you dont need upgrade it )
Severing Light - must have pvp skill,
BoE - must have pvp/pve skill, regens your HP/WP
Sword of Jug. - mist have PvP/PvE skill. This is Valks one of main DPS skill. Deals tons of DMG, but cost much WP
Shield Throw - must have PvE skill, good aoe dmg for fast grinding, and lite help on mass pvp to mass stun target.
Shield Chase - valks mobility skill for pvp
Just Counter - good pvp/pve skill for BOSS for fast regen WP
Sharp Light - this is good skill to knock down enemy if you are not in close combat. 
(All kicks are unless )
Holy power - goood pvppve skill. Make on lv 54 tons of aie DMG and knock down enemy.
H. Echo - debuff for enemy and give you add. DP 
R. Charge - mobility skill for pvp/pve
Glaring Slash  i dont use it, but it's good for pve
Celestial spear only to rank 2 + upgrade, because you need only from it crit buff + this skill got super hingh chance to knockdown

Posted

I have Sharp light maxed as well and i dislike it. I would drop this if i ever got a skill reset. I haven't had much luck using it to knockdown players in PvP. This is a skill i should probably experiment with more.

It's a one-off in PvP as far as I'm concerned. You can quickly combo into it for a knockdown attempt. On cooldown, no knockdown. However, I find it excellent for PvE, even amongst groups of mobs. The DP return is so good, I use it to clean up the loose stragglers. Plus, even on cooldown there's a slight knockback that's great for keeping even elite mobs at bay.

Punishment - only at lv 1, because lv+ this skill only add some DMG and lite faster animation, not worth to maxed if you dont have SP.
Sideways Cut - Good mobility skill for pvp/pve (only rank 1, you dont need upgrade it )
Severing Light - must have pvp skill,
Celestial spear only to rank 2 + upgrade, because you need only from it crit buff + this skill got super hingh chance to knockdown

Punishment - the final rank of this skill allows it to be comboed much more effectively in PvP - definitely worth it if you spend alotta time doing 1v1's
Sideways Cut - as one of our most reliable mobility skills, I would say that you need max rank to decrease the stam cost. You really notice the difference.
Severing Light - How reliable is the "Bound" status effect? And I'm still a bit confused about the Bound effect. Does it prevent movement, attacks, or both?

Celestial Spear - Big disagree there.

• Rank 2:   +60% crit chance, -15% enemy movement speed.
  • Rank 4:   +80% crit chance, -30% enemy movement speed. 

Posted

It's a one-off in PvP as far as I'm concerned. You can quickly combo into it for a knockdown attempt. On cooldown, no knockdown. However, I find it excellent for PvE, even amongst groups of mobs. The DP return is so good, I use it to clean up the loose stragglers. Plus, even on cooldown there's a slight knockback that's great for keeping even elite mobs at bay.

Punishment - the final rank of this skill allows it to be comboed much more effectively in PvP - definitely worth it if you spend alotta time doing 1v1'sSideways Cut - as one of our most reliable mobility skills, I would say that you need max rank to decrease the stam cost. You really notice the difference.
Severing Light - How reliable is the "Bound" status effect? And I'm still a bit confused about the Bound effect. Does it prevent movement, attacks, or both?

Celestial Spear - Big disagree there.

• Rank 2:   +60% crit chance, -15% enemy movement speed.
  • Rank 4:   +80% crit chance, -30% enemy movement speed. 

Remember that you don't need +80% crit chance.... 
If you use liverto you will get +3 Crit Chance ~+25% Crit Chance only using liverto + food + stones. It's unless to max celestial spear trust me. 50% it's super fine to get crit around 80/90% easy. 

Bound - slow your enemy attack speed i think. But i need test this effect. 
Remember that on first you need max most important skills than others. In my opinion first you need max this skills:

1. Forward Slash
  2. Severing Light
  3. Sword of Jug
  4. Shield Throw
  5. BoE
  6. Shield Chase
  7. Holy Power
  8. Echo 
  9. and buffs 

Than other skills. 

Posted (edited)

A Valkyrie maxes Celestial Spear. It's that simple imo. Level 2 is 9 second cooldown. Level 4 is 7 seconds. It looks like this:

60% crit bonus up 55% of the time.

VS

80% crit bonus up 74% of the time.

lets not forget using your best knockdown in PvP a lot more often.

Edited by Ginrei

Posted

Agreed. Shield throw, sword of judgement and celestial spear. Max these 3 and then grab whatever else you want. Charge and cut for mobility, shield skills if you wanna sit around and wait/counter. Punishment for eventual 1v1 pvp if you dabble in it.

Posted

Remember that you don't need +80% crit chance.... 
If you use liverto you will get +3 Crit Chance ~+25% Crit Chance only using liverto + food + stones. It's unless to max celestial spear trust me. 50% it's super fine to get crit around 80/90% easy. 

Remember that on first you need max most important skills than others. In my opinion first you need max this skills:

1. Forward Slash
  2. Severing Light
  3. Sword of Jug
  4. Shield Throw
  5. BoE
  6. Shield Chase
  7. Holy Power
  8. Echo 
  9. and buffs 

Than other skills. 

You make good points. My biggest disagree is with Forward Slash. I feel like it leaves me wide-open in PvP. Besides, if you're using it primarily for DP regen, there are skills with better DP return, better damage, better etc. Is there something I'm missing here? 

I also take issue with using the Liverto as a way to make up for less crit. There seems to be some debate as to whether Liverto is actually better than Yuria, especially in PvP. (I'm playing in RU, so no access to anything better atm.) Besides, the time and money investment required to get a Liverto up to +15 seems to greatly outweigh the 37SP I would spend on those last two ranks. 

Posted

You make good points. My biggest disagree is with Forward Slash. I feel like it leaves me wide-open in PvP. Besides, if you're using it primarily for DP regen, there are skills with better DP return, better damage, better etc. Is there something I'm missing here? 

I also take issue with using the Liverto as a way to make up for less crit. There seems to be some debate as to whether Liverto is actually better than Yuria, especially in PvP. (I'm playing in RU, so no access to anything better atm.) Besides, the time and money investment required to get a Liverto up to +15 seems to greatly outweigh the 37SP I would spend on those last two ranks. 

Yep you right, but i use Forward Slash only at PvE. Because at spots i don't use much shield, just simple attack. 1/2 hits by Forward Slash and you got Full DP. 
I am player Black Desert from CBT2 Korea. 

We tested Yuria and Liverto at many aspect.

1. Accuracy:  Liverto got more Accuracy than Yuria. We tested al weapons at this same enchants. Players using Yuria got more misses than players using liverto.
  2. Attack Speed: Yuria Got Att.Speed +1 at Yelow. Well lv 5 attack speed you can get using 1 crystal + food. So Att.Speed don't change here anything. 
  3. Crit. Chance: Liverto got +3, Yuria got +1 at Yelow. So here we got difference. But like att.speed you can get Crit lv 5 using crystal + food. 
  4. Base DMG Min/MAX: And here Liverto win too. 
    Liverto15.thumb.png.43d3d3ec8ddbb0872f5eYuria15.thumb.png.b70198fd72436ea2267ece
    Liverto18.thumb.png.774f09a4806447c18bdfYuria18.png.119f0c9e694d7f8b49334a01a637
  5. Human DMG:  Yuria here win of curse. 

I play some time using Yuria than Liverto, and after that months i payed, i think liverto was better than Yuria. But this is my opinion. Of cure enchanting Liverto will be much more expensvie than Yuria, but on KR > Liverto amulet +20 cost around 4 milliards

Posted

I'm curious what you consider better DP regen and better damage? I use Forward slash as well to recover DP, but i do not use it in PvP. In PvP we have potions and our heal to recover DP. I'm not convinced yet which skills are best to restore DP. Forward Slash gives me a down attack. Counter was fun to use but i hate putting up guard for that. Sharp Light was ok as well, but it doesn't move me forward like the other skills. Plus the knockdown is annoying as it throws enemies away from me.

If you're getting over a 20% natural crit rate, that doesn't change the advantage of having Celestial Spear maxed. There is more to this than suing it to max crit rate. Even so, If i was getting a crit rate of 25%, i'd drop a crit crystal and use a different one instead.

1. Accuracy:  Liverto got more Accuracy than Yuria. We tested al weapons at this same enchants. Players using Yuria got more misses than players using liverto.

I play some time using Yuria than Liverto, and after that months i payed, i think liverto was better than Yuria. But this is my opinion. Of cure enchanting Liverto will be much more expensvie than Yuria, but on KR > Liverto amulet +20 cost around 4 milliards

I don't really want to debate weapons but I can't ignore this. What is the accuracy of a Yuria and a Liverto? Because saying one is just higher than the other tells me very little. Is the Liverto 1% higher? 10%, maybe 20%? 1 accuracy higher, 10, maybe 20? 

The massive cost enhancing a Liverto is the issue. If you can buy one at +15 or higher, i recommend grabbing it, but that's not easy. So most players are left with enhancing as their only method. That large sum of money could be spent elsewhere, upgrading other stats. Everyone claiming Liverto is better than Yuria are most likely correct. But the question remains... are the gains worth the money? I have heard ZERO evidence on that topic.

Posted

You dont know exactly how much it is. We only know all Yuria weapons got much more miss than liverto. It's around 20% more misses than liverto. 
It's is worth? well yes and no, it's depends how fast we will got kazarka weapons, because Kazarka now is n1 weapon in game. 

Of cure at beginning game 90% will use Yuria weapon > if someone will be lucky and drop liverto from weekly boss, than he should use liverto. 

Posted (edited)

I kinda feel the point of this thread is being missed, it's suppose to be about sharing our personal builds, that we think are best for Valkyrie granted people are and will argue their points.

Revised build.

http://www.blackdeserttome.com/calculator/valkyrie/3450#

After much experimenting and feedback from this thread, although dumb as it may seem this is what you want to end up with at the end like the very very end.

I suppose I'll explain reasons and what not down below. none of these are in any particular order.  

Skills you will Likely want to max:

Celestial Spear & EX: Celestial Spear - This is your main KD and pretty much bread and butter of Valkyrie 80% critical for 5 seconds, with a 100% accuracy and -30% movement buff for 1 seconds, with a 7 second cool down at max. This gives you practically 80% critical at all times, Ex: component allows for this skill to short cut into certain other skils. As a side note this still has a very far reach and when used to cancel animations has an instantaneous cast regardless of cast speed.

Sword of Judgement & EX: Sword of Judgement - This will be your main take down skill in PvP,the Ex portion is especially important for PvP. I wont discredit it's ability in PvE because as long as the enemy is on the floor and you crit; up to level 50 mobs most likely it will 1 shot them.

Shield Throw & Flow: Spinning Shield - Not much to cover here this is your PvE skill of the day, loses it's stun ability when used on cool down, not that it matters, it will spin mobs backwards allowing for back attack damage. Not a particularly good PvP skill but it has it's uses.

Fitness Training - The skill provides a static defence and HP buff nothing more to explain here.Shield Chase I, II & III - this is your multi-directional movement, each skill has a separate cool down and distance and the cool downs are relatively short, can be used as a gap closer.

Breath of Elion - 25% heal to self, 70% Divine Power Restoration, 20% hp regen to partied allies, and 20% movement speed. Can't hate that, also makes you annoying to deal with in PvP.

Heaven's Echo - At max it gives a +20 DP buff for a minute, and 12% dp to partied allies, also has an argo effect for PvE and a 25 second cool down so it's easy to keep up at all times.

Divine Power &  EX: Divine Power: Good skill in PvE only when maxed, PvP it can give opportunities to take advantage of.

Punishment & EX: Punishment - Solely because you want the animation cancel from EX: Punishment.

Severing Light & Ultimate: Severing Light - It has an HP steal however it's very disappoint, the thing you really want is Ultimate: Severing Light, the KD is what justifies maxing it out in PvP aspect. PvE it spins mobs around for back attack and Ultimate: Severing Light is actually quite powerful in PvE, not to mention spamable, can be used in place of EX: Divine Power when it's on cool down.

Skills that would be beneficial but not necessary to max:

Forward Slash III - Best bet for regenerating Divine Power in PvE, not a essential skill in PvP and can actually leave you wide open. Uses Stamina

Sideways Cut III - As someone mentioned before the stamina reduction helps quite alot, and combined this with a/d + RMB you've got a very quick lateral movement available to you.

Shining Dash - Gap closer with decent damage, Divine Power cost is a bit hefty though.

Just Counter III & Flow: Sharp Counter - PvP Divine Power regen skill it also has a stagger effect and counter combined with the fact that it by default raises up guard, not as effective Divine Power regen as Forward Slash for PvE. Uses no stamina or Divine Power

Counter II - Quickens the animation for Shield Throw and provides access to skill short cuts.

Sharp Light I  - Gives access to skill short cuts when off cool down, 

EX: Sharp Light - Extra distance to Sharp Light IV, and pull effect on hit enemies, Pull is negated during PvP.

Judgement Of Light I or III: Most powerful AoE skill in a Valkyries arsenal, 100% Black Spirit Rage skill, in summary a skill almost completely dedicated to PvE, PvP wise it might not seem applicable however if you quick cast it using LMB or RMB it is usable, down side is that sever damage reduction if quick cast: and although not in the skill description but worth mentioning it has a daze effect if you aren't knocked down by it.

Why are these skills not nessesary?:

Valkyrie Slash II+ - Rarely use auto attack for anything.

Charging Slash II+ - No significant changes other then faster casting speed for the skill.

Vow of Trust II+ - Takes alot of stamina and there are faster alternatives to regening Divine Power.

Shield Counter - There is no opportunity where this skill would shine where other skills could do better.

Shield Push - Same reasoning as above.

Skyward Strike I - An extra KD skill never hurt, costs 5 skill points, uses stamina and not Divine Power, can also give access to skill short cuts. However even with these high points it is not effective weither in PvE or PvP and can cause sever interruption to combos you may rather pull of without it.

Elions Protection - Yes it gives 100% resistant to status's but it lasts all of 6 seconds and it cost 100 Divine Power. Could get 100% 'permanent'  resistance from gems sooo yea? none the less I got it in my build because - support skill, FIGHT ME.

Flurry of Kicks II + - Anything higher then the default you start out with causes Knock back which as a Valkyrie with limited range capability, not very appealing.

Flying Kick II + - Same as stated above

Glaring Slash - For this skill you can if you feel like disregard what I say because this is the only skill I have a personal qualm with, reason being if you look at the video that comes from hovering over the skill, and if you use it in actual combat it does not work in the same aspect, now this might have to do with ping or some other god albeit reason; however the skill does not deliver in any way shape or form it doesn't pull as many mobs are it should, it doesn't spin mobs as it should, it lacks the range that it should at all levels of the skill, and no pocket of mobs are as abundantly packed in 1 spot anywhere in the entirely of the game that I have explored.

That's my speel and the end of my explanations if you have any constructive criticism you'd like to give me by all mean.

Edited by UltimateFailz
2 people like this

Posted

What are you trying to do with that? :S

It's my bounty hunter build. Drop most of the AoE and concentrate on CC, Knockdown, throws, and mobility/gap closers.

Avoiding all air juggle, and knockback skills. Forward slash and charginf slash cause problems in 1v1 pvp,so I am opting to power up basic attack

Posted

Umm.. okay.. but you should at least remove the basic attack because it's really bad and a waste of skill points.

Posted (edited)

Umm.. okay.. but you should at least remove the basic attack because it's really bad and a waste of skill points.

Good call. That'll make leveling up to he build quicker at least

http://www.blackdeserttome.com/calculator/valkyrie/1564

Edited by LordOnichan