• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

This game is very satanic

103 posts in this topic

Posted

So going into the lore, the first thing you realize is that there are a LOT of parallels between the Christian bible and this game. What's worse is we are not on the side of good, but quite literally helping the devil himself get more power. Let me explain:

In the lore, the dark spirit was 'cast down' into the now called black desert. Much like Lucifer was cast down from heaven. [Proof of this is Jordine's vision of a bright light shot down from the sky and landing into the desert]

We know there are multiple black spirit entities, but we the players serve the main spirit. AKA Lucifer. [Yes, I know the ending, But without saying any spoilers, the issue with Jordine is probably a power struggle between dark spirits.]

The Ancients of the lore built a massive tower full of black stone, the moment it was erected, all the black spirits awoken and savage races went crazy.

This is a contrast to Babylon in the bible; A massive tower built by the people at the time.

Valencia began trading black stones with the people of the west, not realizing they were planting the seeds of evil throughout the nations

It's not much of a surprise that once the black stone was traded, a plague began to break out.

The black death ravaged a lot of the land, I theorize that the black spirits played a crucial part in this because they knew it would discredit the church.

The church realized this and revealed to the people it was caused by trading Black Stones with Valencia 

Of course people got angry and got ready to attack Valencia, but when they got there, Valencia was effected with the same plague.

For some reason [Forced plot pushing?] everyone blamed the church even though the church realized the black stones were causing these issues and were trying to address them

But over time the Leaders of Mediah began to get corrupted, taking all the black stone for themselves. I no doubt think this was due to the demonic influence the black stones bring.

Now out of nowhere, a massive amount of natural disasters start to take place, Tidal Waves, Sandstorms, Heavy rains, Earthquakes. This caused the savage races to migrate.

This prevented the nations from communicating with one another. [I have a theory on this since the parallel between the bible and this game is strong. In the bible, when god divided the nations and made them speak different languages, he was stopping the corrupt nation that was being led by satan himself. The reason Babylon was building the tower was so the devil could invade heaven. Like we see in the bible, the same is happening now; Splitting up nations to prevent a completely corrupt society]

Regardless during this time, we have a massive power grab for dark stone from ALL nations. It's obvious the dark spirits planned this from the beginning. They give the nations power, but while they do, they attach a string to each person to control and manipulate each nation.

Finally, a mass amount of strangers [players] appear out of nowhere. I don't have a complete theory on this but it's obvious we are 'slaves' to these dark spirits. We are literally stuck in a contract with him and he's stripped our memory so we can't decide against him.

It's clear this game is promoting something dark. Our characters quite literally serve the devil and we do all we can to make him more powerful. While it appears the black spirit is trying to help us, he's only hiding his true intentions. Every enchantment we give him is more power to the 'main source' of these black spirits. We're helping the devil wage a war on heaven.

I hope you found this read interesting. I know religion is a touchy subject but we have to realize how dark this game really is and question everything.

65d29960e56e194fbad42ab948c14a13.gif

THERE ARE OBVIOUSLY THINGS I'VE MISSED. So please, if you have something to add to this, please do.

10 people like this

Posted

09108251.jpg

8 people like this

Posted

I'm pretty much resigned to the fact that a demon fart told me to kill everything in sight and he would give me free shit for it and laugh in an incomprehensible tough while i did it.

I'm not sure you can take that in a positive light.

Posted

Welp, in that case this makes reason #238239423842342 that I'm going to hell.

2 people like this

Posted

Hey look at my teeth!!!! Yep totally the devil :P 

Posted

I thought it's going to be about that dude in Heidel performing doing some ritual in a shed.

Posted

I love being an agent of evil. So tired of being a goody two-shoes. 

3 people like this

Posted

Can you keep it down OP? I'm trying to sacrifice my workers unborn child for life skill experience.

6 people like this

Posted

Just how I like it.

Posted

Can't take what you said serious with that profile picture that resembles violence.

Posted

Why not? Its not like there's nothing 'borrowed' in the bible after all.....

Posted

Interesting break down.

It wasn't until the quest at the Wizard's Altar that I realized how creepy the black spirit is.

Posted (edited)

But but I has wings I am angelic ..... 0.o and mommy always told me I am a good person Q_Q

Edited by Inomi

Posted

So is a video game not allowed to be about giving power to "the devil"? Assuming what you say is truth.

Video games are fantasy, there's a billion games about the bible and the good side, why not have one on the "bad" side? 

HEIL SATAN... I mean, praise be to god.

3 people like this

Posted

Whoa whoa bro the dude in the shed just practices voodoo we can't hate on him freedom of religion and everything do not wanna trigger any sjw's .

Posted

Interesting break down.

It wasn't until the quest at the Wizard's Altar that I realized how creepy the black spirit is.

There there judging the poor thing by it'S teeths

Posted

Do some actual research on christian lore and you'll find a lot of parallels between basically every religion ever and huge chunks of folklore etc etc etc.

Humans always make derivative media

Posted

tumblr_o5e53cb7iY1qdchixo1_1280.png
My Tamer is named "Cvlts"

Hail Satan!

2 people like this

Posted

There there judging the poor thing by it'S teeths

Before that quest, it was kinda cute - teeth and all!

1 person likes this

Posted

Am i the only one who skipped thestory.
Now it Looks pretty interesting :D

Posted (edited)

When you end the story quest in Mediah you will destroy that black spirit back to his baby form! 

Edited by DarkBever

Posted

nice theory
but where is my god TEEMO???
where??teemo__the_satan_by_solracsevla-d8mk9t7.

1 person likes this

Posted

Am i the only one who skipped thestory.
Now it Looks pretty interesting :D

Haha I skipped it, too. I tried to stick with it at the very beginning but it didn't keep my interest so I just accepted all quests quickly after that.

My logic is that there are plenty of videos on YouTube that explain the story and lore in a much more interesting way if I really want to learn about it.

Posted (edited)

Before that quest, it was kinda cute - teeth and all!

aww just imagine the thing as Unicorn now  with teeth , and aztec scrib on the chest and wierd cape , and uhm let just leave it at that

Edited by Inomi

Posted

When you end the story quest in Mediah you will destroy that black spirit back to his baby form! 

That's a spoil, can't spoiler get banned ?

1 person likes this