• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Just a friendly advice to DAUM, DO or DIE.

54 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

DAUM if you really care about the success of Black Desert in EU & NA then you must do anything you can to change this game based on the feedback we continuously give since ALPHA, unfortunately not much change in CBT-1, there was an announcement that you are going to visit PA in KR to discuss about all the feedback we gave & decide what to change for our version, I will write down concentrated all the major subjects the community discuss the past 2 months & the majority agree that needs changing, I hope you will really take those things seriously if you want this game to last more than the first few months & instead create something with strong foundations that will keep people playing for years, the most important things that is vital in my/our opinion is:

1. Implement a flagging system that don't punish those who hit first, this mechanic discourage PvP & fighting out in the open world for things like farming spots for example, this must change before the official release as it will make the game less fun to play & drive away countless people who are thinking to play this game because they have the impression that it's a PvP-based MMORPG that encourage PvP anywhere in the open world when that is not true atm.

2. Keep the PvP alive even in low lvl's, the PvP must start at Lv20 (or lower) like in ALPHA but various changes must be done to make it viable, the dmg & stats need rebalancing to make it possible for low lvl players not only to fight but also be able to kill each other, something that was not possible during ALPHA, the cause of this was a combination of very low dmg we do at low lvls, with the very strong defensive stats/attribute we have & the extremely strong healing potions, PA must do something to fix that & give to players nice, balanced & exciting fights even at low lvls.

3. You must avoid a mega server at all cost, it have been proved already that this is a disaster move that killed PvP out in the open world in every other region the game exist, a game of this kind need normal servers with few thousands people each & as less channels as possible (me personal I would like to see no channels at all) in order to build a strong community with friends, allies & enemies, that's not possible on a mega server with 100k+ people on it.

4. Respawn needs a tweaking during PvP deaths to make PvP & PK more meaningful because as it is now it have no impact to kill for example someone who try to steal your farming spot when you know that in a few seconds he'll be back & continue to annoy you, when someone dies during PvP/PK it must have only 1 respawn option, to go back to the nearest main/major town, every other option like "nearest camp" or "nearest fortress" & "nearest village" must not be an option.

5. Don't let cash shop items to be tradable & sellable in auction house, in short don't turn the game into p2w because when the whales make all their gear +15 or more in the first 1-2 weeks & every other person is not even at +7-8 yet & those people have the power to 1-2shot anyone they want & not even full parties are able to kill them, this will come back & bite you in the end, because you won't be able to calm down anyone & you won't be able to restrict or reduce all the bad criticism this game is going to amass in all over the internet & the reputation that is just another p2w game & that is not worth buying/playing.

There is many other less important stuff but this 5 is the basis the game needs to evolve into something that will drive players interest & keep them playing for a long time, all start with those things & from there DAUM & PA can work together to fix & enhance the game with various other stuff that will make the game more rich & worth playing, plz talk about those things with PA & make them understand that is the main concern people have & hold some of them back from buying the game.

Edited by rpgmaniac
2 people like this

Posted

2 simply won't happen unless the rebalancing also happens in the other versions. Daum doesn't have the power. In the end pre 50 is such a small part of your time in game it is almost pointless to pvp at such levels.

Posted

I absolutely agree with number 4.

1 person likes this

Posted

This is another "Do <insertsuggestion> or else game fails" topic.

I also noticed that you only summarized the suggestions you actually like, not all the suggestions that were made.

PvP at lv20, nope. Even lv30 is too low. You cannot PvP with half your skills. I assume you played CBT1, you should have seen how imbalanced it was.

8 people like this

Posted

1. Agree - PvP shouldn't be punished. Bad players who die should be the ones getting punished.

2. Disagree - Let people figure out the game first before slaying them in the open. Only takes like a day to reach PvP levels anyway.

3. Agree - The more people in the same server the better.

4. Agree - Dying to someone should be punished. Punish people for being bad.

5. Disagree - Just because someone will get gear faster than you, doesn't mean you can't catch them. So for what 7 to 10 days out of the first 365 days you might be behind, but after you catch up, you're on even footing again.

Posted

1. Agree - PvP shouldn't be punished. Bad players who die should be the ones getting punished.

2. Disagree - Let people figure out the game first before slaying them in the open. Only takes like a day to reach PvP levels anyway.

3. Agree - The more people in the same server the better.

4. Agree - Dying to someone should be punished. Punish people for being bad.

5. Disagree - Just because someone will get gear faster than you, doesn't mean you can't catch them. So for what 7 to 10 days out of the first 365 days you might be behind, but after you catch up, you're on even footing again.

Your argument on 5 is completely invalidated when we get the above level 15 enchanting.

That can take 100's of millions of silver in black stones. Hence why cashshop feels so Pay to win in KR.
Yes for the first 1-15 its not a terrible delay. But it could instead be something akin to being behind by nearly half a year vs someone blowing thousands to get it done in weeks.

1 person likes this

Posted

Your argument on 5 is completely invalidated when we get the above level 15 enchanting.
That can take 100's of millions of silver in black stones. Hence why cashshop feels so Pay to win in KR.
Yes for the first 1-15 its not a terrible delay. But it could instead be something akin to being behind by nearly half a year vs someone blowing thousands to get it done in weeks.

If someone is willing to blow thousands for that, then that's crazy. But also a point I've made in another thread, just don't make +20 so OP. Make it like 5% stronger than +15 in both attack and defense and it's still a decent advantage but it doesn't break the game. People say it takes a lot of time & money but, if you don't want that 10% total advantage and you don't think it's worth it, just don't do it. I think people would eventually get to a point where they won't have much else to go for other than trying to 20 their gear. And that 10% goes a long way in group fights in terms of total group DPS & HP.

Posted

All this hate towards megaservers...

Example A: 3 Servers a 4 channels  against a megaserver with 10 channels...  -> 12 channels vs 10 channels  -> per channel there will be even more for pvp and co

Example B: 3 Servers a 5 channels   a megaserver with 50 channels -> unnecessary huge amounts of channels

If they think about how many Servers they want and adjust the megaserver to have less channels than all Servers combined would have: i see no Problem at all..

The Argument "too many channels to hide" is invalid as every channel has more average Players than on the Servers that way, making hiding more difficult Overall.. if they hide from you, they will run into the knive of someone else.

"no channels at all" = have fun trying to lvl up.. even with Servers.  However if they make 1 channel for each Server they would have then there you have your theoretically "1 channel per Server"

There will be even more competition with megaservers as "the best on Server" mean "the best on EU" without a doubt of "in Server x there is a guild that would own you"

But it is everyones own Preference.. some like it the megaserverway aka GW1 and co, some don't. We will see how they decide and how the Overall playerbase decided in their Feedback.

Posted (edited)

uhh why do people keep making threads about making PK less punishing.. there's a difference between PK and PVP..

BDO isnt Purely a PVP game.. most pvp stuff in the game if for PVE stuff.. and "Open world pvp" without flagging or Karma would never work in the game..

Edited by Xilitu
3 people like this

Posted

1. Although for proper PvPers (not scumbags and bullies who PK weaker players to get some sort of dominance kick) this would be great, sadly there's a minority who will happily ruin that system by abusing it to block of grinding spots because "I can lel." Effectively ruining the game for people who don't want to PvP, and there's nothing wrong with people who want to play BD for aspects other that PvP.

2. I don't agree that enabling PvP for level 20's or even 30's is a good idea you won't have the majority of your key skills strong enough, hell it doesn't take long to get to 20 or 30 so I don't think that its enough time for people to properly understand their class. Better to wait till 50 and people are geared properly and fully understand their class and have figured out their own play/fighting style.

3. Seriously why all the hate for mega-servers? Mega server or seperate servers people are split either way, stop making it out to seem that one's better than the other either way people will change channel/server one way or another.

4. Can't argue with this one, it is pretty ridiculous that if you kill someone they could potentially respawn right bloody next to you (depending on how close the grindspot is to the node.)

5. Personally it doesn't bother me, people will find a way to exploit the game to get the best gear as fast as possible it's just delaying the inevitable. People who can't handle playing normally or waiting will always find a way, even if that means buying someone else's account like in KR.

2 people like this

Posted

"Friendly Advice"  "Do it or Die" Lololol alrigty then.

3. No you dont want a smaller community on a server. Believe me, when everybody knows everybody on the server the amount of saltiness is BEYOND anybodies comprehension to the point the largest guild on said server will bully and control the entire server. Other guilds wont be able to compete because of the small population and due to the fact that 70% of the damn population is in that one top guild. The Mega server in CBT1 was nice, it had 3 channels and had room for more if needed. The entire community could interact with eachother and this would incourage OW pvp since there's more people running around in the OW, where as on seperate servers OW pvp would be hit and miss because the population should be much smaller in such a LARGE VAST WORLD like BDO.

2 people like this

Posted

"Friendly Advice"  "Do it or Die" Lololol alrigty then.

You probably misunderstand how I mean that, what this really means is "take all the necessary measures to avoid turn this game into a flop" or in other words DAUM start acting based on our feedback if you don't want this game to fail, that's the way I say this & not "do that & if you don't I wish you to die.." nothing like that just to be clear, if they don't change the  things that are really important for me personal I just wont buy/play the game, & some people might do the same also because they probably search the same stuff with me on an MMORPG & this game can't deliver on those things, but I truly believe that if they don't change the above stuff I'm saying this game will truly fail, now if I'm right or not we will learn that eventually if DAUM ignore my/our feedback.

Posted

1. Although for proper PvPers (not scumbags and bullies who PK weaker players to get some sort of dominance kick) this would be great, sadly there's a minority who will happily ruin that system by abusing it to block of grinding spots because "I can lel." Effectively ruining the game for people who don't want to PvP, and there's nothing wrong with people who want to play BD for aspects other that PvP.

2. I don't agree that enabling PvP for level 20's or even 30's is a good idea you won't have the majority of your key skills strong enough, hell it doesn't take long to get to 20 or 30 so I don't think that its enough time for people to properly understand their class. Better to wait till 50 and people are geared properly and fully understand their class and have figured out their own play/fighting style.

3. Seriously why all the hate for mega-servers? Mega server or seperate servers people are split either way, stop making it out to seem that one's better than the other either way people will change channel/server one way or another.

4. Can't argue with this one, it is pretty ridiculous that if you kill someone they could potentially respawn right bloody next to you (depending on how close the grindspot is to the node.)

5. Personally it doesn't bother me, people will find a way to exploit the game to get the best gear as fast as possible it's just delaying the inevitable. People who can't handle playing normally or waiting will always find a way, even if that means buying someone else's account like in KR.

The difference is, splitting people up is NOT the end of the world. But making communities useless due to channels is.

Posted

The difference is, splitting people up is NOT the end of the world. But making communities useless due to channels is.

I don't see how channels will make communities useless, from what I've seen people tend to pick certain channels and stick with them and it becomes their regular channel, not very different from it being its own server. Only difference being it takes a few seconds to change channel, which chances are you won't do unless some scummy griefer is harassing you or maybe that channel is a bit crowded.

Don't get me wrong, I'm on the fence about the servers as it doesn't bother me if there's a mega server or not. I just feel that the pro's and cons of a mega server and separate servers are very similar. But I do think that mega servers mess with the whole guild vs guild theme while individual servers seem to fit it very well.

Posted

I don't see how channels will make communities useless, from what I've seen people tend to pick certain channels and stick with them and it becomes their regular channel, not very different from it being its own server. Only difference being it takes a few seconds to change channel, which chances are you won't do unless some scummy griefer is harassing you or maybe that channel is a bit crowded.

Don't get me wrong, I'm on the fence about the servers as it doesn't bother me if there's a mega server or not. I just feel that the pro's and cons of a mega server and separate servers are very similar. But I do think that mega servers mess with the whole guild vs guild theme while individual servers seem to fit it very well.

Well the basis of megaservers in Korea has shown it's not that simple and a good majority can't find people. Not only that but communities like roleplayers have to form basically ONLY interguild communities which is the worst kind've crap RP I've ever seen. Then arguments like the PK/Karma system nonsense that is going on constantly between PVE'ers and PVP'ers comes to a complete halt given PVE'ers can get servers with high karma punishments(Aka PVE servers) where PVP'ers can get massively lowered karma restrictions as they want it. It just becomes massively easier all around in comparison to the lazy way of rolling everyone together.

Posted (edited)

well i dont' know - flag system:

• hit someone white you turn red
  • hit someone red you stay white

kill someone white you get bad things happen - like anyone can kill you and you stay red until you die, when you die you have massive repair bill.

kill someone white they still have massive repair bill.. turn red all aggro goes on you.. (mob stealing)

really that hard?

edit: group mechanics are inherited

Edited by bdo77

Posted

This is another "Do <insertsuggestion> or else game fails" topic.

I also noticed that you only summarized the suggestions you actually like, not all the suggestions that were made.

+1 for the notice

This is indeed just another 'threatening' topic towards Daum EU.

Are you kidding me? Who does this guy think he is to speak to the developpers & publishers like that? It's disrespectful and insulting. I don't mean to hate but guys give those people a break will you? They're trying to find a solution that pleases as many people as possible.

So at least when you make a new topic, directly adressing Daum, show a little respect & appreciation for the work they have been doing so far.

4 people like this

Posted

Number two is a big no no, so many of the classes are useless until 30, maybe 50 when they obtain all their skills. Leave it at 50 and let everyone get their skills and weapons, then the true pvp will begin. 

Posted

1. Agree

2. Disagree - Low levels are for learning about the game and how to use your combo's.I think level 30 or above would be fine

3. Agree - 100% I feel mega servers will make it feel less like a community since you won’t see familiar players.

players/guilds will use it to dodge PvP situations.

4. Agree

5. Disagree -At the end of the day, you can still get the same level of gear as that player. It will just take a longer time.

It gives players who don’t want to spend real money the opportunity to buy cash shop items.

Players will Fund the game development more if someone is willing to spend that amount of money on cash shop items to sell them in game.

Posted

For all those who don't want the game to have low lvl PvP & insist to w8 until Lv50 to first time experience PvP are you enjoying playing 1-2 weeks just grinding mobs? is it so much fun doing only that? don't you enjoy PvP with others? don't you like when there is conflict, competition & drama out in the open world? this is an open world PvP game you know, what are you here for if you are not enjoying PvP? & as for balance issues I already point that few things need to change regarding this part, that dmg, stats, attributes & potions need rebalancing to make low lvl PvP viable & offer exciting battles to PvP fans who can't w8 to give it a go & try fighting with someone for whatever reason, & as for the fact we won't have all our skills at that point so what? I'm not asking for perfect balance Lineage II allow to every one to fight from Lv1 just with the 1 single first skill they have or just normal attacks, did anyone complain about that? guess what, NO! most people fall in love with it because it was like that, did that make some classes in L2 more OP during low lvls compare to some others? yes but so what? this didn't make it any less fun, if you can't kill alone another cls call for help, call for friends or guild mates, group with others, what it really matters is for this game to allow to players to experience PvP before they reach max lvl because this would be really boring to be forced to w8 for days to start fighting with people & this will make the whole journey to the top a really disappointing experience for all those people who love to PvP, like myself.

Posted

1. I agree, but it wouldn't matter to me if they change it or not since the game is mainly gvg game you could have 600 people to fight against and than you can still kill 5 people in a row without doing any grind. 

2. Low lvl pvp is just broken unless you want guilds to bully low lvl people and also to people spam wizards because they are the only class who can deal decent damage at low lvl. They should just keep the lv.50 for pvp since than it would be more of a fair fight than at low lvl.

3. Mega server is something which works on paper but in reality it was proven multiple times that its just a broken system.

4. In our version people will keep losing exp when they die so to me i wouldn't mind if they keep coming back they would just keep dying and 60k karma is about 15 min of grind.

5. Agree completely 

5. Disagree -At the end of the day, you can still get the same level of gear as that player. It will just take a longer time.

It gives players who don’t want to spend real money the opportunity to buy cash shop items.

Players will Fund the game development more if someone is willing to spend that amount of money on cash shop items to sell them in game.

568a4a1cc5a1b_ss(2015-10-23at03.45.26).t

Issue is there is a huge gap between the players 1 would need to grind for 2-3months to get the same gear as the person who sold some cash items.

Posted (edited)

For all those who don't want the game to have low lvl PvP & insist to w8 until Lv50 to first time experience PvP are you enjoying playing 1-2 weeks just grinding mobs? is it so much fun doing only that? don't you enjoy PvP with others? don't you like when there is conflict, competition & drama out in the open world? this is an open world PvP game you know, what are you here for if you are not enjoying PvP? & as for balance issues I already point that few things need to change regarding this part, that dmg, stats, attributes & potions need rebalancing to make low lvl PvP viable & offer exciting battles to PvP fans who can't w8 to give it a go & try fighting with someone for whatever reason, & as for the fact we won't have all our skills at that point so what? I'm not asking for perfect balance Lineage II allow to every one to fight from Lv1 just with the 1 single first skill they have or just normal attacks, did anyone complain about that? guess what, NO! most people fall in love with it because it was like that, did that make some classes in L2 more OP during low lvls compare to some others? yes but so what? this didn't make it any less fun, if you can't kill alone another cls call for help, call for friends or guild mates, group with others, what it really matters is for this game to allow to players to experience PvP before they reach max lvl because this would be really boring to be forced to w8 for days to start fighting with people & this will make the whole journey to the top a really disappointing experience for all those people who love to PvP, like myself.

The issue is that you wishing the game to be Lineage 2. Since most people want the features which they liked in other games instead of letting the game to be its unique. For example AA players wants trading to be the best profit so they can do banditry.
Lvling up to 50 takes about 30hours in total.

Edited by Merevin

Posted (edited)

I also think PVP should be less punishing for the ganker.

I also think we should get a server where PVP participation is activated manually unless you are in a very specific PVP region, like the new desert zone.

(If not a server, give us one or more zones on the mega server where we have to manually enable PVP)

This would be a win-win, PVP guys will run around ganking each other beeing hardcore etc (heck, enable full body loot as well, that would really give them what they want).

And us, the care-bears who according to the PVP guys don't deserve to play this game will get our "safe" zones to RP and fool around in.

Btw, I'm pro choice, in a world as nice and rich as Calpheon and Valencia, I'm sure we will all fit, playing in the way that suits us best for the moment.

Edited by Rived

Posted

DAUM if you really care about the success of Black Desert in EU & NA then you must do anything you can to change this game based on the feedback we continuously give since ALPHA, unfortunately not much change in CBT-1, there was an announcement that you are going to visit PA in KR to discuss about all the feedback we gave & decide what to change for our version, I will write down concentrated all the major subjects the community discuss the past 2 months & the majority agree that needs changing, I hope you will really take those things seriously if you want this game to last more than the first few months & instead create something with strong foundations that will keep people playing for years, the most important things that is vital in my/our opinion is:

1. Implement a flagging system that don't punish those who hit first, this mechanic discourage PvP & fighting out in the open world for things like farming spots for example, this must change before the official release as it will make the game less fun to play & drive away countless people who are thinking to play this game because they have the impression that it's a PvP-based MMORPG that encourage PvP anywhere in the open world when that is not true atm.

2. Keep the PvP alive even in low lvl's, the PvP must start at Lv20 (or lower) like in ALPHA but various changes must be done to make it viable, the dmg & stats need rebalancing to make it possible for low lvl players not only to fight but also be able to kill each other, something that was not possible during ALPHA, the cause of this was a combination of very low dmg we do at low lvls, with the very strong defensive stats/attribute we have & the extremely strong healing potions, PA must do something to fix that & give to players nice, balanced & exciting fights even at low lvls.

3. You must avoid a mega server at all cost, it have been proved already that this is a disaster move that killed PvP out in the open world in every other region the game exist, a game of this kind need normal servers with few thousands people each & as less channels as possible (me personal I would like to see no channels at all) in order to build a strong community with friends, allies & enemies, that's not possible on a mega server with 100k+ people on it.

4. Respawn needs a tweaking during PvP deaths to make PvP & PK more meaningful because as it is now it have no impact to kill for example someone who try to steal your farming spot when you know that in a few seconds he'll be back & continue to annoy you, when someone dies during PvP/PK it must have only 1 respawn option, to go back to the nearest main/major town, every other option like "nearest camp" or "nearest fortress" & "nearest village" must not be an option.

5. Don't let cash shop items to be tradable & sellable in auction house, in short don't turn the game into p2w because when the whales make all their gear +15 or more in the first 1-2 weeks & every other person is not even at +7-8 yet & those people have the power to 1-2shot anyone they want & not even full parties are able to kill them, this will come back & bite you in the end, because you won't be able to calm down anyone & you won't be able to restrict or reduce all the bad criticism this game is going to amass in all over the internet & the reputation that is just another p2w game & that is not worth buying/playing.

There is many other less important stuff but this 5 is the basis the game needs to evolve into something that will drive players interest & keep them playing for a long time, all start with those things & from there DAUM & PA can work together to fix & enhance the game with various other stuff that will make the game more rich & worth playing, plz talk about those things with PA & make them understand that is the main concern people have & hold some of them back from buying the game.

I didn't even have to read it all, the first two are already a no. I'm a beginner and with PVP starting at low level i have no chance of learning to play good and it will make all the PVE content useless with players running around killing one another. As for the Karma system it's simple: You have PVP on and you kill someone who doesn't have it on, you lose karma. You have PVP on and kill someone who has it on as well you gain Karma and others stuff.

Posted

I also think PVP should be less punishing for the ganker.

I also think we should get a server where PVP participation is activated manually unless you are in a very specific PVP region, like the new desert zone.

(If not a server, give us one or more zones on the mega server where we have to manually enable PVP)

This would be a win-win, PVP guys will run around ganking each other beeing hardcore etc (heck, enable full body loot as well, that would really give them what they want).

And us, the care-bears who according to the PVP guys don't deserve to play this game will get our "safe" zones to RP and fool around in.

I think you should take a look at Day z. Will suit you fine, plain PVP, no penalties and full body loot. This game is not for you.