• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

PvE and PvP Players - Why we belong together.

292 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

First of all before I get started let me say that this is purely my opinion and I'm not claiming any of this to be 100% fact. I fully expect people to have completely different ideals of what Black Desert should be and I welcome anybody and everybody to share their opinions on this matter. 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Black Desert Online is marketed as a Sandbox MMORPG that allows the freedom to make your own path and your own story within the world. There's so much to do within the game, but the largest aspects are PvP, PvE, And Crafting. 

So what makes a Sandbox MMORPG?

The players ability to chose what path they want to take alongside thousands who share that same world that is rich in content.

Why wouldn't we want to separate PvP from PvE on different servers?

The answer to this question is a bit more complicated than the last. But to start, you're subtracting a large chunk of content from a complete game. Whether the PvE crowd likes it or not, they are ultimately a factor in the PvP world.

How, you may ask? Well, to answer this question I'll follow up with some background information: 

In a sandbox MMO's there's two types of PvPers I've experienced; The "bandits" who are the aggressive "Attack everyone and take what I can" type, and the "Guardian" types, who's main purpose is to attack the "Bandits" and protect the PvE crowd when they need help.

I haven't played a sandbox MMORPG where these two types of PvPers didn't exist. Clashes between these two groups over the ganking of PvE players have caused the most massive battles I've ever seen. There are "Guardian" guilds I've experienced who's sole purpose in the game is to protect other players. I have zero reason to believe these guilds wouldn't exist within Black Desert Online. PvE players have nothing to fear. There will be people who will protect you even if you do not plan on joining a guild.

But what if I'm a PvPer who wants the PvE players gone because the Karma system is too steep? 

The Karma system has been completely fixed as of this Korean patch:

e8wfyZd.png

I fully expect the Karma modifications to be implemented early on in the NA version because of the uproar on the forums about the very situation. 

Like I said before, this is purely my opinion but I do however highly encourage all of you to share your thoughts and feelings on this. Let me know what you agree on and what you disagree on. 

Thanks! :)

Edited by Illusive
5 people like this

Posted

I fully expect this patch to be implemented early on in the NA version because of the uproar on the forums about the very situation. 

Sorry poppet, but you can fully expect all you like. Doesn't matter how much of a fuss people kick up. That Karma patch is for Valencia maps. Localisation for the original 0-49 maps that we are getting for our launch is still ongoing. For us to get to that patch they have to finish localisation for not only the entire Mediah Territory, but Valencia Pt1. It will be a long time before we get to the Valencia karma changes. That is just common sense.

I wasn't going to reply because I'm sick of these threads if I'm honest, but people need to realise that Valencia Pt2 is not an answer to the karma issues in the EU/NA community. We have to request our own number balancing to take place pre-launch. Not wait a year for a potential patch that could fix things, only to have no players left.

PvP needs this and as such PvE needs this. Because if PvP dies in this game you might as well play a -----ing single player rpg. I can say this with confidence as the desolate KR servers are a giant red flag warning of a direction we do not want to take. 

9 people like this

Posted (edited)

For us to get to that patch they have to finish localisation for not only the entire Mediah Territory, but Valencia Pt1. It will be a long time before we get to the Valencia karma changes. That is just common sense.

I wasn't going to reply because I'm sick of these threads if I'm honest, but people need to realise that Valencia Pt2 is not an answer to the karma issues in the EU/NA community. We have to request our own number balancing to take place pre-launch. Not wait a year for a potential patch that could fix things, only to have no players left.

I was actually referring to the changes in Karma itself, not the entire patch. Sorry if I didn't make that clear. 

I very highly doubt that the Karma system will remain as-is for full release.

And I'm sorry your sick of these posts, but there's too many people still suggesting separated servers for these posts to not be made.

Edited by Illusive

Posted

I was actually referring to the changes in Karma itself, not the entire patch. Sorry if I didn't make that clear. 

Those changes to karma only take effect in the map area in Valencia, not the entire game. They are balanced around a small zone with a semi populous bandit population. You couldn't take their Karma changes and just dump it into our client game wide. 

Posted (edited)

Those changes to karma only take effect in the map area in Valencia, not the entire game. They are balanced around a small zone with a semi populous bandit population. You couldn't take their Karma changes and just dump it into our client game wide. 

The changes can still be made, though. 

The developers have been talking about adding exclusive content to our version of the game aside from the KR version, so how could you possibly not expect them to make Valencia-like changes to our Karma system if they found it relevant to do so based on user feedback?

I don't think anyone can disagree with the fact that socket loss and degrade on death is overdoing the penalty of being someone who enjoys wPvP. And this is coming from me, someone who never plans on PKing anyone. 

Edited by Illusive

Posted (edited)

The changes can still be made, though. 

The developers have been talking about adding exclusive content to our version of the game aside from the KR version, so how could you possibly not expect them to make Valencia-like changes to our Karma system if they found it relevant to do so based on user feedback?

That's what I was advocating O.o 

Our own changes to Karma. I've scrolled back up and you've edited a post since I quoted so I missed half of it and it reads differently to what you originally wrote. So I guess my job here is done.

Also for the third time today, can someone PLEASE explain why they want a PvE server to me? All I see is "people want a PvE server" and I haven't actually met anyone advocating for one yet. 

Edit: Christ on a bike! Stop editing every post you make!

Edited by Anouka

Posted

Our own changes to Karma. I've scrolled back up and you've edited a post since I quoted so I missed half of it and it reads differently to what you originally wrote. So I guess my job here is done.

Also for the third time today, can someone PLEASE explain why they want a PvE server to me? All I see is "people want a PvE server" and I haven't actually met anyone advocating for one yet. 

I've seen a few. Courtesy of carebear PKers like Sir Balin, those PvE peeps are under the impression that they will get ganked around every corner.

Posted (edited)

I'm so confused but it's probably my lack of sleep causing this confusion LOL. The fact that we agree is all that matters I suppose. ;)

I actually made this post because I've seen at least 5 people suggest a PvE server in the passed 12 hours. There are people who are asking for a PvE server because they want rid of the Karma system altogether on the PvP server, and there are people asking for a PvE server because they don't want to be attacked by other players while farming and doing other PvE related activities.

EDIT: SORRY FOR EDITING SO MUCH! D:

Edited by Illusive

Posted (edited)

I've seen a few. Courtesy of carebear PKers like Sir Balin, those PvE peeps are under the impression that they will get ganked around every corner.

As a PvEr in most games, I don't understand that line of thought at all. To clarify, I mean the being ganked around every corner part. PvPers have things to do too, including PvE activities. When I played Aion and went into PvP areas, I got ganked once, maybe twice, the entire time I played, which was for a couple months. I read the thread with Sir Balin just PKing that guy over and over, and I don't understand why that happened... OWPvP is really fun, but I don't feel like ganking would happen even with karma fixes, nor do I think there should be a PvE server.

Personally, I think that fighting for farming spots would be fun. I mean, you could join together and farm, or just fight by killing the mobs themselves, but, ideally, I think it would just be fun to fight over mobs. Or even protect someone who's farming mobs from other people who want to take them and not join up. 

Ah, sorry. I got kind of opinionated. And my thoughts were jumbled. Sorry for any confusion, I'd be happy to attempt to clarify my thoughts.

Edited by tsunderehatter

Posted

As a PvEr in most games, I don't understand that line of thought at all. To clarify, I mean the being ganked around every corner part. PvPers have things to do too, including PvE activities. When I played Aion and went into PvP areas, I got ganked once, maybe twice, the entire time I played, which was for a couple months. I read the thread with Sir Balin just PKing that guy over and over, and I don't understand why that happened... OWPvP is really fun, but I don't feel like ganking would happen even with karma fixes, nor do I think there should be a PvE server.

Personally, I think that fighting for farming spots would be fun. I mean, you could join together and farm, or just fight by killing the mobs themselves, but, ideally, I think it would just be fun to fight over mobs. Or even protect someone who's farming mobs from other people who want to take them and not join up. 

Ah, sorry. I got kind of opinionated. And my thoughts were jumbled. Sorry for any confusion, I'd be happy to attempt to clarify my thoughts.

Basically, the guy Balin killed kept coming back, and was presumably persistent in taking his mobs. Balin, instead of realizing he was beat, kept killing, which put him far far far into the red. Then the guy called in a guildie to kill him, but that guildie didn't take a penalty because Balin was red.

Posted (edited)

So how do we make everyone happy? Do you find a group to hang with and let them come with you for protection? Do some guilds need to take protection jobs for people? I think that a karma system game wide would be nice but not to the degree of Valencia. Maybe allowing a buff to under leveled players to help you kill your attacker? A headhunting system to allow you to put money on someone's head for their death? 

Edited by Micro2444
Hi, I am Micro. I don't talk on the forums a lot and was in the Russian beta. Nice to meet you.

Posted

Basically, the guy Balin killed kept coming back, and was presumably persistent in taking his mobs. Balin, instead of realizing he was beat, kept killing, which put him far far far into the red. Then the guy called in a guildie to kill him, but that guildie didn't take a penalty because Balin was red.

Ah, no. I understood that! But thank you. I just don't understand what would possess someone to...just keep killing instead of admitting defeat.

Posted

What's wrong with making some servers that cater to people how enjoy of bit of pve and some consensual pvp and what not, and a separate server where everything goes for the people who enjoy pk play-style to play, where innocent player killing will be punished but not so severe that it's impossible to survive as  a pker?? You can name the server "This is PK server, playing on this server YOU WILL BE PK'ed and PK'ed often, and when pk'ed you will be looted, you acknowledged this and don't go cry to us, because you're already warned,  What's that? We're not listening LALALALALA" 

Posted

He didn't really need to flag up either unless the troll could clear better. The flagging system can be pretty lame but you can push people out of your spot if you're just a better grinder. Happens all the time on KR, guys fighting on for the mobs and the player with more damage, a better route and clear speed will get the xp and the loot so it doesn't really matter when the other player isn't getting squat.  

Posted

What's wrong with making some servers that cater to people how enjoy of bit of pve and some consensual pvp and what not, and a separate server where everything goes for the people who enjoy pk play-style to play, where innocent player killing will be punished but not so severe that it's impossible to survive as  a pker?? You can name the server "This is PK server, playing on this server YOU WILL BE PK'ed and PK'ed often, and when pk'ed you will be looted, you acknowledged this and don't go cry to us, because you're already warned,  What's that? We're not listening LALALALALA" 

Because all of the systems ties in together.

Posted

Because all of the systems ties in together.

is this a trolling attempt?

Posted

He didn't really need to flag up either unless the troll could clear better. The flagging system can be pretty lame but you can push people out of your spot if you're just a better grinder. Happens all the time on KR, guys fighting on for the mobs and the player with more damage, a better route and clear speed will get the xp and the loot so it doesn't really matter when the other player isn't getting squat.  

So bascially you saying the OP needs to L2Play?

lol

1 person likes this

Posted

So how do we make everyone happy? Do you find a group to hang with and let them come with you for protection? Do some guilds need to take protection jobs for people? I think that a karma system game wide would be nice but not to the degree of Valencia. Maybe allowing a buff to under leveled players to help you kill your attacker? A headhunting system to allow you to put money on someone's head for their death? 

Join a guild that encourages members to play together and wait patiently for the Valencia Pt2 update.

Posted

is this a trolling attempt?

Valencia Pt2 will be awfully boring without anyone to hunt for seals........

Posted

Valencia Pt2 will be awfully boring without anyone to hunt for seals........

I am talking about launch, I couldn't care less about testing phases.

Posted

Good thing I'm not talking about testing phases?

Posted (edited)

...Valencia is a huge Korean content update...

Edited by Illusive

Posted

I dont follow the Korean release nor do I read Korean so there you have it.

Posted

First off why does everyone post "for NA release" the bloody game is coming out the EU as well as 'murcia, get it into your heads! >:(

But seriously honestly I hope Valencia doesn't reach EU or NA for a good long while, since it'll give the devs and the community a decent amount of time to actually figure out what works properly and needs tweaking. What I don't understand is why there are so many threads calling for huge changes based on a weeks worth of game time for the EU/NA beta, despite there being an RU and KR version ours will (of-course) be different to theirs as Anouka said.

As nice as Valencia sounds for PK'ers and the likes, it may not actually be a solution that works for us. As crazy as it sounds Valencia as it is might actually be worse for our versions than if it isn't added.

Posted (edited)

I dont follow the Korean release nor do I read Korean so there you have it.

updown.gif

Did you even read the thread? I LITERALLY have a screenshot of the patch notes on the post....

Edited by Illusive
1 person likes this