• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Maewha or Musa - Why?

26 posts in this topic

Posted

I am fairly new to all this, just lvl 44 ranger and I was looking into these 2 new classes (well gender reversals, w/e you want to call it)

I was wondering about the differences, strengths and weaknesses of both. From the little information I have been able to read and look at, Musa seems to be stronger at AoE fighting and Maewha is more of a single target focus DPS.

Are there any other highlights you want to share? I would really like to know how far does each one of these classes scale to.

Thanks in advance for all the feedback! :)

Posted

You said it: Musa is more focused on small scale PvP, while Maehwa is more focused on 1v1. Basically the same class, at least until awakening.

Strong burst, low defense. That's all I know about those classes.

1 person likes this

Posted

According to Harukai  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkLjSv9u3sE

there are 2 skills diffrent between them.  on Plum/Maewha its strong single target attacks.

Posted

According to Harukai  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkLjSv9u3sE

there are 2 skills diffrent between them.  on Plum/Maewha its strong single target attacks.

also note however that bladers black spirit ability is much stronger than maewha though they both have similar attack range. 

Posted

....I was pretty sold on Plum but after watching that video not sure now...

Posted

I was tempted to play Yasuo, but then I look at Riven and I see she is just as toxic so I might as well play her.

I choose Maewha because she fits more my play style, I like to focus down a Target faster, I would recommend Musa for those who like to kite/be in the heart of the fight for longer periods of time.

Posted

I was tempted to play Yasuo, but then I look at Riven and I see she is just as toxic so I might as well play her.

I choose Maewha because she fits more my play style, I like to focus down a Target faster, I would recommend Musa for those who like to kite/be in the heart of the fight for longer periods of time.

sounds like Maehwa is still the class for me....coming from playing Valkyrie, I enjoy bursting a single target down with SoJ combos.

2 people like this

Posted

I hear the generalised answer "Blader is better AoE, Plum is better Single Target" but what are the specific differences that make that the case?  My understanding is that there are 2, maybe 3 actual differences between the two classes, can anyone explain those, how they affect the playstyle of the class and how significant those differences really are?  Also I heard there are two different Awakening Weapons for the class, Blader gets an off hand sword and Plum gets a Naginata - do we have any info on those?

Thanks in advance to anyone able to answer my question!

Posted

Rising storm from blader do AoE damage and can be casted in cd, red moon from plum do front damage and cant be casted in CD, gale and beehead i think de difference are the CC type, in resume, you can spam rising storm all time for farming, plum need to use more skills from her kit. 

Posted (edited)

I hear the generalised answer "Blader is better AoE, Plum is better Single Target" but what are the specific differences that make that the case?  My understanding is that there are 2, maybe 3 actual differences between the two classes, can anyone explain those, how they affect the playstyle of the class and how significant those differences really are?  Also I heard there are two different Awakening Weapons for the class, Blader gets an off hand sword and Plum gets a Naginata - do we have any info on those?

Thanks in advance to anyone able to answer my question!

Musa gets Naginata for slow powerful wide sweeping attacks and Maehwa geta spear for fast frontal cone thrusting attacks. 

Musa's aoe is usable while on CD for reduced damage and has a powerful 100% skill.

Maehwa's red moon cannot be used while on CD, provides frontal block but can be killed from behind during it. 100% doesn't seem as strong.

Recent video from KR (don't have link ATM, at work.) KR player says Blader is better, mentions something about air attacks, unsure myself. In the video it was Blader vs Plum, they won/lost about equal fights. From a couple months playing on kr myself they seem roughly equal. All comes down to gear, skill knowledge, and who you fight. Take what I say with a grain of salt. My exp on kr is 52 plum and a few offers 55. 

Edited by Crim587
1 person likes this

Posted

Plum was released on RU, and according to feedback there is no invinci frame on Red Moon. It's block, and can be flanked like warriors shield. Also, World bosses can 1-shot during red moon

Posted

I played Blader till 55 in KR, always loved that Class... Still right now my favourite one, but I must admit that in CC Bursting Potential and 1v1 Plum is better, but REALLY better.

I can't stand play Female Class, simply I don't like it... And infact admit so hurt a bit, but Plum is (And will be even more when the Awakening will release) a overall better Class than the Blader...

Blader is good for farming, and his Spammable AOE can help in GvG, but everything the Blader does PvP-Oriented, the Plum do it better.... Plum have 2 more CC in his Kit, have a Guard-Stance during an Ability (That yeah, can be flanked, but is not so easy to react and flank so quickly at this Ability, and in certain situation is almost impossible)... And have everything the Blader have (Removing the AOE Part that anyway, for a REALLY Squishy Melee Class, in GvG are not so usefull as you can imagine).

The Role of the Blader or the Plum in GvG, is to quickly kill Backline Target and run away before dying... Exactly the same roll that the Sorceress have right now...

Thanks to our Dash I-Frame, that is probably the best I-Frame of the Game (Yeah. better even of the Sorceress one), we can go in and out in the Fight and easly kill our Target...

Is true that Blader can do it too without problem, but even if is hard to admit, Plum do it much more easily and better.

Infact the Plum is considered in Korea one of (if not) the best 1v1 Class if mastered.

1 person likes this

Posted

Plum was released on RU, and according to feedback there is no invinci frame on Red Moon. It's block, and can be flanked like warriors shield. Also, World bosses can 1-shot during red moon

if you are dashing correctly you should not be getting 1 shot

Posted

Musa gets Naginata for slow powerful wide sweeping attacks and Maehwa geta spear for fast frontal cone thrusting attacks. 

Musa's aoe is usable while on CD for reduced damage and has a powerful 100% skill.

Maehwa's red moon cannot be used while on CD, provides frontal block but can be killed from behind during it. 100% doesn't seem as strong.

Recent video from KR (don't have link ATM, at work.) KR player says Blader is better, mentions something about air attacks, unsure myself. In the video it was Blader vs Plum, they won/lost about equal fights. From a couple months playing on kr myself they seem roughly equal. All comes down to gear, skill knowledge, and who you fight. Take what I say with a grain of salt. My exp on kr is 52 plum and a few offers 55. 

its weird that the musa gets a naginata as the naginata is considered a womans weapon and the martial-art associated with it (naginatajutsu) is considered a martial-art for women and highschool girls in japan etc in many schools can choose it as an extra-curricular.

Posted

its weird that the musa gets a naginata as the naginata is considered a womans weapon and the martial-art associated with it (naginatajutsu) is considered a martial-art for women and highschool girls in japan etc in many schools can choose it as an extra-curricular.

Yeah I would have rather the Spear go to the Musa but either way they both look like dope weapons so I'm ok with it. xD

Posted

Musa PVE Maehwa PVP

Posted

I played Blader till 55 in KR, always loved that Class... Still right now my favourite one, but I must admit that in CC Bursting Potential and 1v1 Plum is better, but REALLY better.

I can't stand play Female Class, simply I don't like it... And infact admit so hurt a bit, but Plum is (And will be even more when the Awakening will release) a overall better Class than the Blader...

Blader is good for farming, and his Spammable AOE can help in GvG, but everything the Blader does PvP-Oriented, the Plum do it better.... Plum have 2 more CC in his Kit, have a Guard-Stance during an Ability (That yeah, can be flanked, but is not so easy to react and flank so quickly at this Ability, and in certain situation is almost impossible)... And have everything the Blader have (Removing the AOE Part that anyway, for a REALLY Squishy Melee Class, in GvG are not so usefull as you can imagine).

The Role of the Blader or the Plum in GvG, is to quickly kill Backline Target and run away before dying... Exactly the same roll that the Sorceress have right now...

Thanks to our Dash I-Frame, that is probably the best I-Frame of the Game (Yeah. better even of the Sorceress one), we can go in and out in the Fight and easly kill our Target...

Is true that Blader can do it too without problem, but even if is hard to admit, Plum do it much more easily and better.

Infact the Plum is considered in Korea one of (if not) the best 1v1 Class if mastered.

I hope you are right.

Posted

I hope you are right.

This is what I saw when I played in Korea and heard about some Feedback from Korean Players in my Guild.

But even from my point of view, I noticed that too... Plum is probably the best 1v1 Class in the Game, I love Blader and I will still play it... But Plum have a strong edge in the PvP-Part (And she will have even more when the Awakening Weapon will be released)

1 person likes this

Posted

Good thing the Musa isn't Japanese and that the weapon is not a Naginata, but a Guan Dao or Woldo.

2 people like this

Posted

Yeah, the Maehwa has a lot more damage which would make them excel more in a 1v1 situation if you're aggressive, which most people generally are. Musa is in the same boat, but their playstyle just rests more on the side of playing more defensively, preferring to chain CC to deal out damage. Both of them excel in 1v1s and small group fights. Both can be high skill ceiling classes, easily, and both will excel in pretty much everything they do, but Plum can be more preferred because of the higher burst potential in a shorter span of time and having an iframe associated with their Red Moon ability.

Posted

Yeah, the Maehwa has a lot more damage which would make them excel more in a 1v1 situation if you're aggressive, which most people generally are. Musa is in the same boat, but their playstyle just rests more on the side of playing more defensively, preferring to chain CC to deal out damage. Both of them excel in 1v1s and small group fights. Both can be high skill ceiling classes, easily, and both will excel in pretty much everything they do, but Plum can be more preferred because of the higher burst potential in a shorter span of time and having an iframe associated with their Red Moon ability.

As Noth said to you in the other thread already: Red Moon doesn't have an iframe on it but a frontal block.

Posted

This is what I saw when I played in Korea and heard about some Feedback from Korean Players in my Guild.

But even from my point of view, I noticed that too... Plum is probably the best 1v1 Class in the Game, I love Blader and I will still play it... But Plum have a strong edge in the PvP-Part (And she will have even more when the Awakening Weapon will be released)

Really? Even better then a Valkyrie? Everyone that I have talked to that plays KR all say Valk is the best 1v1 and now they are even better with there awakening.

Posted (edited)

Plum have more CCs than the Blader and the Damage of both Classes is the same, so I don't know what are you speaking about... The difference is that the Plum have more CC (So she's the one that will CC the most) and have a Guard-Frame during Red Moon... And no is not a I-Frame, simply you can't take damage in a frontal cone during that attack.

Another difference is that the Black Spirit Rage of the Blader have an insane damage but is nearly impossible to hit if the Target isn't CCed, so for using it, you must CC your Target before.

Instead the Black Spirit Rage of the Plum does less damage, but have a stun in it... So you can use it directly as a Opener, and that even if the damage is lower, make the Plum Ability better.

Really? Even better then a Valkyrie? Everyone that I have talked to that plays KR all say Valk is the best 1v1 and now they are even better with there awakening.

The Valkyrie always was a force of nature, but in 1v1 against Top Tier 1v1 Classes always had hard time... Infact in Korean the only Classes that win 1v1 Tournament are Ranger, Plum and Sorceress...

The Awakening of the Valkyrie is awesome but it's more something for Group-Play, because almost all the attacks are made by Charge-Like Abilities, that are very easy to dodge for a Blader/Plum or a Sorceress and now even the Ranger with the Awakening Weapon have a I-Frame Dash like the Blader/Plum.

Anyway is a beast in 1v1, don't get me wrong... But is not comparable to these 3 Classes at higher level of skill

Edited by Harvi

Posted

inb4 Plum Awakening blows us all away :3

Posted

Sorry, I am a bit lost: which one has more i-Frame?  Or are they have the same?

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0