• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Servers vs. Mega Server Poll

Megaserver vs. Separate Servers.   127 votes

1. 1. Should they use a Megaserver Model or Multiple Servers.

• I think we should have multiple servers that players can choose between.
    • I think we should use a Mega server with dividing channels.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

29 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Seeing as many people have risen to the argument that the game should have separate servers instead of 1 mega server, I thought we should have a poll up that people can vote on so we can get a bigger demographic of how many people on this forum want this, or do not want this.

Edited by FreshMango55

Posted

The mega server is so much better for too many reasons to count, I could list them but it would take a long time.

To me a mega server kind of feels like separate servers since you can just change channel, when I played CBT 1 my guild played on channel 2 as our temporary home channel. I love the way you can just change when you come across a problem to avoid it, though it's similar to normal channel switching on other games but it feels like multiple servers that you can switch to at will (each having a top player and different people etc) even though it's not really.

1 person likes this

Posted

The mega server is so much better for too many reasons to count, I could list them but it would take a long time.

To me a mega server kind of feels like separate servers since you can just change channel, when I played CBT 1 my guild played on channel 2 as our temporary home channel. I love the way you can just change when you come across a problem to avoid it, though it's similar to normal channel switching on other games but it feels like multiple servers that you can switch to at will (each having a top player and different people etc) even though it's not really.

For every positive I can think of ten negatives for megaservers. haha It only really promotes what you're just talking about guild community play, rather then server community play though. And that's the major problem with it.

Posted (edited)

Also, the poll is mislabeled by the way. XP The current announced system for the NA/EU version of the game is the multi-server system, not the mega-server, as they've cited that the RU megaserver was extremely laggy at launch and they don't want to have that kind've launch here, though they're still considering what to officially do. But as far as they've announced so far, the current system is indeed multi-server until they state otherwise.

Edited by MikeHeel

Posted

For every positive I can think of ten negatives for megaservers. haha It only really promotes what you're just talking about guild community play, rather then server community play though. And that's the major problem with it.

I suppose that's a matter of personal preference really, I can see problems with it as well but to me I can see more pros then cons.

Would be interesting to hear what your ideas/negatives are though since I'm curious to know why some people don't like the idea of mega servers.

Posted (edited)

Also, the poll is mislabeled by the way. XP The current announced system for the NA/EU version of the game is the multi-server system, not the mega-server, as they've cited that the RU megaserver was extremely laggy at launch and they don't want to have that kind've launch here, though they're still considering what to officially do. But as far as they've announced so far, the current system is indeed multi-server until they state otherwise.

Can you post your source, because I'm unable to find the post.

Edit - I was able to find the post and from what I can see they won't be offering server transfer, so I support it even less so.

Edited by FreshMango55

Posted (edited)

Multiservers. More node wars, territory wars and thus more chance for 'smaller/weaker' guilds to participate and be succesful.

Also, a more close community per server will be developed over time.  

Competitiveness between servers in terms of ranking

No channel rabbits(ie. Megaseever and 10+ channels)

More balanced out hardcore and casual players. In a megaserver you will have 10x the hardcore players, if they join together its over for the rest. 

My go is for Multi servers.

Edit: currently they have multiple servers, please change your question.

-Jeasy

Edited by Jeasy
2 people like this

Posted

Can you post your source, because I'm unable to find the post.

http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/1705-why-are-so-many-people-against-the-mega-server-idea/ -The first post has a direct quote from PM_Balthazar. You can go through his posts personally but I don't have the time or care to do that. XP

I suppose that's a matter of personal preference really, I can see problems with it as well but to me I can see more pros then cons.

Would be interesting to hear what your ideas/negatives are though since I'm curious to know why some people don't like the idea of mega servers.

It's the fact that the center and focal point of this game is the community feel of it. If you're completely stressing just guild play, you lose the point of this game. There's a lot more to it then nameless, faceless and generic PVP, which is what the megaserver forces the game into. The most valid statement is the simplest, the game went from the top ten most played in Korea under the multiple-server system, to the mid to lower range of the top 100, partially(and a major part) due to the change to a megaserver.

It went from a game that was about the community, land domination -stopped- mattering, what's the point of owning a part of the land if there's fifty or so other channels that you can just cycle through and eventually find a portion of land that isn't owned up. GvG becomes trivial, as it becomes less about forming guild alliances and guild rivals and moreso just generic PVP, for the sake of PVP'ing. You stop seeing names, with the channel system, running into any names more then once or twice becomes extremely commonplace and the amount of time between times seeing someone just makes the community irrelevant.

Not to mention how the channel system can absolutely be abused to hurt OWPVP, moreso then just making endgame mechanics trivial. See players holding up a road? Use the unstuck button to port back to a safezone and swiftly change channels, that just broke the mechanics of the game itself, where the way the game was designed is, you'd have to have retreated and planned accordingly if such a thing occured. You'd either need to call in your guild, or try to find a route around them, or attempt to wait them out. But that's the point, it's supposed to be more then just a, 'meh', decision. It's supposed to take some thought process. It's why the Valencia update focused SO heavily on making those endgame zones so much more PVP-relevant, but a megaserver just makes them irrelevant anyways.

3 people like this

Posted

this thread has been done to death use search function pls

Posted

Edit: currently they have multiple servers, please change your question.

-Jeasy

Question was changed a while ago.

Posted

EKrYoS5.gif

:D

Anyway, I don't really care that much, but imo multiple servers WOULD be best for the sake of communities and rivavlry and whatnot. 

BUT, if they don't offer server transfers at launch (and for like 6+ months) then we're potentially gonna have a SWTOR 2.0 where people will just quit out of dead servers. And we don't want that, do we?

1 person likes this

Posted

I would love to see several servers instead of one mega-server with tons of different channels, that's not how Black Desert should be.

2 people like this

Posted

Question was changed a while ago.

It still says the current game model being a megaserver, which is not the case. Currently they're going/planning for multiple. 

- Jeasy

Posted

Forgot there was a title to the question, not used to this poll format.

Posted

There have been numerous polls about this matter, adding more won't help. There are certain people that make alts just to vote their choice over and over again. It's pointless to argue over this subject anymore. The majority of people that vote are not educated on this matter, they haven't even playied the game. You can't give those people the freedom to vote without educating them beforehand (ironic huh since democrasy is like that ;O). At any case, DAUM knows what's good and what's bad for their own game.

1 person likes this

Posted

mega server will cause massive lag and DC when it's siege time.., making the game unplayable. therefor i chose the multiple servers

Posted

mega server will cause massive lag and DC when it's siege time.., making the game unplayable. therefor i chose the multiple servers

Not when the server are correctly installed

Posted

Not when the server are correctly installed

it still will lag.., and GvG/PvP is nowhere to be found because there are 24 channels.. :( 

Posted

"Not when the server are correctly installed"

It should work without lag, if it lags on a mega server, it will also lag on a normal server but with a normal it would only lag on the affected server

Played ESO never had any lag on the mega server

Lag can be caused by many things:

• Your connection
  • The server
  • Your PC
  • And so on... 

Posted

Please. Not. Again.

Use the Forum Search before posting.

Keywords: poll, megaserver, single server

You should find at least 2 major polls. Have a nice day.

Posted

Used the keywords server poll and didn't find anything before.

Posted

try mega server / server