• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

BDO is bait.

136 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Like two weeks ago there was a thread that BDO is dying. Everyone flamed the OP as all hell. Today there is another thread and Lo and Behold! we do not flame the OP so much, as we ourselves kinda started to feel bored in the game.

What do I mean by BDO is bait? Today I've come to the realization that there are tons of people in the game and they are kinda wasted on BDO. There is simply no reason for there to be so many people in this game as the game does not even attempt to employ them. We, the players, only feel the drawbacks of a high population as every spot is taken. But tell me just one aspect of the game in which you think this high population turns out to be a good thing. There is no real group content. Guild activities are just farming that can be done with 2-5 people and there is no real goal to work towards.

What I mean by BDO is bait is that I do not think the company even wants to keep players. What they want is new players that can be baited with the promise of the game, then milked hard, then released. When you come to BDO as a newbie, it looks amazing and it feels "something else." You are obviously tempted to spend a lot of money right away on weight limit increase, pets, costumes, dyes, etc. Then like a month later you realize there is no pve endgame, professions make no sense as there is no p2p trading and the marketplace is a mess, the game is being exploited in all ways and the company does nothing, pvp is gated beind a gearwall that takes a stupid amount of tedious and repetitive grinding to achieve, not to mention the top guild are miles ahead of you, they either take you in or you are -----ed.

There is also this other thing that supports my theory and it is the drip-feeding of content. Now we release Mediah and gain more players, wow, this MMO releases an expansion every month. Now we let the Blader go live, new players and we even get some back. A month later Ninja, same thing. A month later node wars, will bring new pvp folks. Then, castle sieges, then, Valencia, then Dark Elf and underwater content. But where in all this is the guy who's been grinding for blackstones since the beginning, working on increasing profession levels blindly, working on knowledge and contribution points... What do we really get to entertain us? More of the same grind.

What I think this game could really benefit from is a little less hype, a bit smaller population, p2p trading to make sense of life skills and guilds. There would be no top tier guilds that will always and forever dominate pvp while 95% of players end up feeling cheated. There could be guild alliances. There could be closer to equal opportunities in every aspect of the game if people were allowed to work together and help each other.

Well, I could say more words but I'm gonna stop here and ask you to just ask yourself this one question: Are you still excited about this game after a month of playing it or it feels more like a chore?

Edited by Coeprandua
24 people like this

Posted

I love this game so much! Best mmo I played for a long time. BDO isn't for everyone, it's very grindy, yes. Maybe you should find another game ? :) <3

17 people like this

Posted (edited)

Well, I could say more words but I'm gonna stop here and ask you to just ask yourself this one question: Are you still excited about this game after a month of playing it or it feels more like a chore?

Pretty much everything you said is accurate. 

But you have to give props to the company; they are making $$ and that's name of the game.

Gaming companies don't make games to make people happy. They make games to make money and they follow basic strategies set in place by other gaming companies that have succeeded in generating a lot of money.

This game you level from 1-50 with the same armor lmao. Yet if you want, you can spend $30 on an outfit ;);) ;).

They give you loot pets that only loot once every 10 seconds lol. But if you want, you can buy 3 of them ;) ;);) !

Bait you say? lmao It's -----ing business fuggedaboutit. Of course it's bait, its business.

About once every 10-20 years one or two games will come out that was made by passionate gamers for passionate gamers with the intentions of creating the best game ever made. All of the other games released have only 1 goal in mind = $$.

Edited by CMD CTRL
7 people like this

Posted

more excited than ever TBH

the only significant change you suggested to anything is P2P trading, something that I wanted really badly when I started playing, but now that I have learned about this game I realize how much that just cannot ever work (at least not without similar limitations to the current marketplace)

1 person likes this

Posted

I love this game so much! Best mmo I played for a long time. BDO isn't for everyone, it's very grindy, yes. Maybe you should find another game ? :) <3

I would love this gamewith some slight alterations that could make a world of difference. :D

Posted (edited)

that game have a very amazing base, but it indeed clearly need a lot of polishing and love regarding somes part

players interaction,

group play

guild activity ( indeed the kill Xk mob is dumb )

Bad balance regarding gear

pvp in general

CS pricing

As for saying BDO is a baid, i dont think so, you clearly see PA made ( and so far still do ) a f# insane good job doing that game, but, yeah, they clearly need to polish somes part of the game instead of just focus on content, that is definitely clear.

Edited by woots

Posted

I have a feeling this is going to be my favorite game this year, it doesn't feel like a chore at all. There are tons of things to do and it never leaves me bored. (: I'm a casual gamer and if your stuck grinding for black stones then I dont know what you are doing and you wouldn't even be doing that throughout the whole game. You can participate in lots of things and when new classes come out, just try them not stick to grinding lol.

2 people like this

Posted

BDO really feels like the game that i could stay with for the next 2-3 years. It fits my playstyle and allows me to afk alot and i'm still be able to progress.
Only thing that needs to change is Daum. I won't put more cash in the game as long as they act untrustworthy like this.

2 people like this

Posted

I was dubious from the start, as someone who has tried to look at both the pros and the negatives of this game. As a result I tend to make more negative posts because the amount of zealous fanboys that defend this game are insane.

Now that I've been playing awhile, the weight of pros and cons are beginning to tip towards the cons. I'm just not enjoying the game as much because of the myriad of flaws and frankly Daum's PR and treatment of the fans has been lackluster. I commend them for small things such as reaching out to the community for our feedback on autopathing and acting on it, but it's just not enough for me personally.

Yesterday when I got home from work I logged on to do my daily routine as I have every day, and just didn't care enough to do it anymore. I can't see myself sticking around much longer.

2 people like this

Posted

more excited than ever TBH

the only significant change you suggested to anything is P2P trading, something that I wanted really badly when I started playing, but now that I have learned about this game I realize how much that just cannot ever work (at least not without similar limitations to the current marketplace)

i would suggest 3 things

• p2p trading and redesign of marketplace
  • Give guilds long term goals.
  • Make some traditional pve endgame where we can test our limits in a group setting
1 person likes this

Posted

Very happy with this game still after a month, enough said.

Posted (edited)

BDO really feels like the game that i could stay with for the next 2-3 years. It fits my playstyle and allows me to afk alot and i'm still be able to progress.
Only thing that needs to change is Daum. I won't put more cash in the game as long as they act untrustworthy like this.

This exactly, the game is amazing(I am not saying it is perfect, it has it flaws, but not more than any other game), the publisher, is kinda meh, borderline shit

Edited by GummiBear

Posted

I love BDO. Daum is what makes the experience bittersweet. Can't say BDO was bait. Though we could argue some of daum's preorder items were bait and switch. ;) 

1 person likes this

Posted

I was dubious from the start, as someone who has tried to look at both the pros and the negatives of this game. As a result I tend to make more negative posts because the amount of zealous fanboys that defend this game are insane.

Now that I've been playing awhile, the weight of pros and cons are beginning to tip towards the cons. I'm just not enjoying the game as much because of the myriad of flaws and frankly Daum's PR and treatment of the fans has been lackluster. I commend them for small things such as reaching out to the community for our feedback on autopathing and acting on it, but it's just not enough for me personally.

Yesterday when I got home from work I logged on to do my daily routine as I have every day, and just didn't care enough to do it anymore. I can't see myself sticking around much longer.

Everything is spot on and your last paragraph sums me up properly.

Posted

Tasty tasty bait.

Posted (edited)

We? Sorry you don't speak for everyone. I'm frankly content atm. Content is always released in waves, some usually smaller or larger depending on the publisher and region. If they released everything all at once you'd just blow through that and we be here anyhow. MMOs are supposed to be time consuming. Last mmo I spent 8 years on. 8 YEARS. And the content there was literally a fraction of what this game has to offer. Just like AA, ESO, SkyForge, and many others, there are those that blow content expecting to be entertained, and then there are those that walk the content and find entertainment for themselves.

Not defending, because I've seen nothing to defend against. Just stating that I've yet to see an issue. But then again I've only been playing since launch, which is what...2 months now? Lolol

But we? Nah. Bye Felicia.

Lets revisit this matter in a year or so.

Edited by Andaro
1 person likes this

Posted

Like two weeks ago there was a thread that BDO is dying. Everyone flamed the OP as all hell. Today there is another thread and Lo and Behold! we do not flame the OP so much, as we ourselves kinda started to feel bored in the game.

What do I mean by BDO is bait? Today I've come to the realization that there are tons of people in the game and they are kinda wasted on BDO. There is simply no reason for there to be so many people in this game as the game does not even attempt to employ them. We, the players, only feel the drawbacks of a high population as every spot is taken. But tell me just one aspect of the game in which you think this high population turns out to be a good thing. There is no real group content. Guild activities are just farming that can be done with 2-5 people and there is no real goal to work towards.

What I mean by BDO is bait is that I do not think the company even wants to keep players. What they want is new players that can be baited with the promise of the game, then milked hard, then released. When you come to BDO as a newbie, it looks amazing and it feels "something else." You are obviously tempted to spend a lot of money right away on weight limit increase, pets, costumes, dyes, etc. Then like a month later you realize there is no pve endgame, professions make no sense as there is no p2p trading and the marketplace is a mess, the game is being exploited in all ways and the company does nothing, pvp is gated beind a gearwall that takes a stupid amount of tedious and repetitive grinding to achieve, not to mention the top guild are miles ahead of you, they either take you in or you are -----ed.

There is also this other thing that supports my theory and it is the drop-feeding of content. Now we release Mediah and gain more players, wow, this MMO releases an expansion every month. Now we let the Blader go live, new players and we even get some back. A month later Ninja, same thing. A month later node wars, will bring new pvp folks. Then, castle sieges, then, Valencia, then Dark Elf and underwater content. But where in all this is the guy who's been grinding for blackstones since the beginning, working on increasing profession levels blindly, working on knowledge and contribution points... What do we really get to entertain us? More of the same grind.

What I think this game could really benefit from is a little less hype, a bit smaller population, p2p trading to make sense of life skills and guilds. There would be no top tier guilds that will always and forever dominate pvp while 95% of players end up feeling cheated. There could be guild alliances. There could be closer to equal opportunities in every aspect of the game if people were allowed to work together and help each other.

thatsthat's what you get for blazingredients through it all. Gj fail boi.

Posted

The game is good but there are minor annoyances one has to deal with if you are unwilling or unable to use the cash shop.  The annoyances are in there purposefully to drive cash shop sales and while that may drive some people to spend, that will also in turn drive others away while others will just put up with it.

1 person likes this

Posted

The game is good but there are minor annoyances one has to deal with if you are unwilling or unable to use the cash shop.  The annoyances are in there purposefully to drive cash shop sales and while that may drive some people to spend, that will also in turn drive others away while others will just put up with it.

The CS is the least of my complaints, tbh. I never found anything in ther that I absolutely couldnt live without. Granted I bought 3 pets forlooting (not tiering up) and I bought char slots. The costumes I cant afford, but oh well...

I will say this in Daums defence, the CS is fair. You dont need to buy bag space or weight limit. You dont need to buy quests or content. Everything you buy is absolutely optional that you can live without. I played 10+ mmos, all the major ones and every one of them demanded more "mandatory spending" from me than BDO.

Not having to buy bag space, this alone blows my mind to this day!

Posted

Are we blaming the game now for people being buttholes?

2 people like this

Posted

This game is nothing new, it's just stellar combat. The stuff it does do, it half-asses it.

Posted

blah blah

people are playing, not on the forums

1 person likes this

Posted

It's a b2p game, of course it is bait.  The best b2p customer, from the point of view of a MMO company, is one who buys the game but never plays and thus never uses any bandwidth or server resources.

Posted

a8b6DN3_700b.jpg

Posted

There is also this other thing that supports my theory and it is the drop-feeding of content. Now we release Mediah and gain more players, wow, this MMO releases an expansion every month. Now we let the Blader go live, new players and we even get some back. A month later Ninja, same thing. A month later node wars, will bring new pvp folks. Then, castle sieges, then, Valencia, then Dark Elf and underwater content. But where in all this is the guy who's been grinding for blackstones since the beginning, working on increasing profession levels blindly, working on knowledge and contribution points... What do we really get to entertain us? More of the same grind.

Love the game, seems you didn't look into the game you purchased. I've played 1 character since the start and play every day for about 4 hours weekdays and 8 hours weekends. I have no issues finding plenty to do. This game with the little gear it has does not need p2p trading, there is no real hype to the game other than the people playing. I don't see it advertised on TV or in stores. To beat the top guilds you rise above them with alliances. I wont drone on about this but your perspective is from someone who expects world of warcraft. I hear there is a free trial to lvl 20 for the game? Maybe go give it a shot