• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Dye Box Names are Misleading and Should be Changed

33 posts in this topic

Posted

@CM_Jouska

The problem lies in that while the actual colors of dye are properly named, the dye boxes have very misleading names.

For Example if you look at all of the colors that come out of the 'yellow-green' dye boxes:

yellowgreen.thumb.jpg.de3387a11f07dec269

The actual dye names in this category (in order from light to dark) are:

Snow Lime, Sunshine Lime, Shining Lime, Brilliant Lime, Soft Lime, True Lime, Vivid Lime , Pure Lime, Original Lime, Wine Lime, Gloomy Lime, and Shadow Lime.

If we rename the dye categories by the actual name of the dye found within the bundle, we get the following:

colors_bdo3.thumb.png.dba836447d91d8b54b

The dye bundles should be renamed to the dye color contained within that bundle, as according to the chart above.  This more accurately represents the color of the 'dye bundle'.

Current Bundle Name   -->   Rename:

Red --> Red

Orange --> Orange

Bright Orange --> Yellow

Yellow-Green --> Lime

Deep Green --> Mint

Green --> Aqua (Yes, you are reading that correctly, right now green boxes give you aqua dye)

Turquoise --> Sky Blue

Blue --> Indigo

Violet --> Purple

Purple --> Pink

The biggest problem I see is that aqua dye is in the green box and not the turquoise box.  Another big problem is that there really is no true blue or true yellow in this group of colors, the closest we can get is sky blue or indigo, and a yellowy orange or darker orange.  This may have lead to further confusion with the dye bundles, with people trying to get colors that really don't even exist within the pallet.

Further Proof:

I purchased 6 boxes of various colors of dye from the shop.  If our hypothesis is right, dye names should fall within the predicted categories listed above, besides basic dye colors:

6 'Red' Boxes that should contain the dye color 'Red', contained:

Shining Red, Shadow Red, Original Red, Sunshine Red, Rocker Blood (basic dye), and Hot Chocolate (basic dye).

6 'Orange' Boxes that should contain the dye color 'Orange', contained:

2x Sunshine Orange, Vivid Orange, Gloomy Orange, Brilliant Orange, Dark Chocolate (basic dye),

6 'Bright Orange' Boxes that should contain the dye color 'yellow', contained:

True Yellow, Shining Yellow, 2x Brilliant Yellows, Sunshine Yellow, and Gloomy Yellow

6 'Yellow-Green' Boxes that should contain the dye color 'Lime', contained:

2x Shadow Lime, Wine Lime, Sunshine Lime, Brilliant Lime, Aspen Green (basic dye).

6 'Deep Green' Boxes that should contain the dye color 'Mint', contained:

3x Brilliant Mint, 2x Gloomy Mint, Shining Mint,

6 'Green' Boxes that should contain the dye color 'Aqua', contained:

Shadow Aqua, Shining Aqua, 2x Gloomy Aqua, 2x Dark Pickle (basic dye),

6 'Turquoise' Boxes that should contain the dye color 'sky', contained:

3x Sunshine Sky, Wine Sky, 2x Cold Lake (basic dye),

6 'Blue' Boxes that should contain the dye color 'Indigo', contained:

Sunshine Indigo, 2x Shadow Indigo, Gloomy Indigo, Brilliant Indigo, Original Indigo.

6 'Violet' Boxes that should contain the dye color 'Purple', contained:

Soft Purple, Gloomy Purple, Wine Purple, 2x Sunshine Purple, Dry Lavender (basic dye),

6 'Purple' Boxes that should contain the dye color 'Pink', contained:

Brilliant Deep Pink, Sunshine Deep Pink, Shadow Deep Pink, 2x Gloomy Deep Pink, Dark Powder Pink (basic dye).

Original Thread

TLDR: I believe the dye bundles should be renamed to the main dye color found within that bundle, as according to the picture above. This more accurately represents the actual colors within the 'dye bundle', as I prove.

@Sidney

18 people like this

Posted

Yeah, was a bit irked to find the true blue dyes I wanted were "Turquoise" and that "Bright Orange" was actually where you'd find yellow, lol.

Posted

or you know just make them not one time use

3 people like this

Posted

or you know just make them not one time use

and lose out on all that subscription money from the premium dye system they have in the Korean version which will be coming to ours? Oh no, they couldn't do that. The thing I love about their premium dye system is that they even thought of a way to keep you repurchasing it. The moment you stop paying for the premium system, any colors you used revert back to their original color.

Posted

the fact this has been so obviously screwed up for so long, makes it feel like a scam... they should really offer either a refund or at least exchange the wrong dyes people got for the right boxes.

I am sure they 'cannot do that' because it is not 'fair' that the people who opened the dyes and got junky dyes would be more likely to want to return them than people who lucked out with whites or blacks or whatever. Poor corporation has to protect its millions of dollars from the greedy customers that they totally did not mislead on purpose.

1 person likes this

Posted

the fact this has been so obviously screwed up for so long, makes it feel like a scam... they should really offer either a refund or at least exchange the wrong dyes people got for the right boxes.

I am sure they 'cannot do that' because it is not 'fair' that the people who opened the dyes and got junky dyes would be more likely to want to return them than people who lucked out with whites or blacks or whatever. Poor corporation has to protect its millions of dollars from the greedy customers that they totally did not mislead on purpose.

What I really have trouble understanding is they actually had a 'Dye Sale', knowing full well the boxes are all screwed up and confusing...

1 person likes this

Posted

@CM_Jouska

TLDR: I believe the dye bundles should be renamed to the main dye color found within that bundle, as according to the picture above. This more accurately represents the actual colors within the 'dye bundle', as I prove.

@Sidney

Yup, needs to be fixed.

Posted

The whole dye system is based around being a gamble, and they take it to the extreme by making you gamble with dye box names until you find the one that is what you are looking for.

Everyone that white knights the dye system being a gambling system should be perfectly fine not knowing what colors are in what box.

They just need to adopt the gw2 system with dyes and make it a perm. unlock. add more dye colors on a regular basis so people always have more colors to buy and people will keep buying them.

1 person likes this

Posted

They just need to adopt the gw2 system with dyes and make it a perm. unlock. add more dye colors on a regular basis so people always have more colors to buy and people will keep buying them.

I would really love it if they did this.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Yeah also a bit irked that you need Orange boxes to hope for leathery browns... if we cant get the Gw2 - system?

Can we add a "Browns" box and maybe a "Black & White"- Box?

Edited by Khel

Posted

Out of upvotes, so just following and bumping...

Posted

I reported this in a ticket day 1, still no answer. ^^

Posted

Yeah also a bit irked that you need Orange boxes to hope for leathery browns... if we cant get the Gw2 - system?

Can we add a "Browns" box and maybe a "Black & White"- Box?

This is actually a really good idea!  Black seems to be on its own at the bottom anyways.  I think they could get away with putting Browns, Grays, Blacks, and Whites in the same box.

Posted

If they change the labels to represent the colors in the bundles, less bundles will be bought, because users will be more likely to get shades they wanted. And that's not the goal with the dyes. The goal of dyes is to make you spend as much money as possible, not to satisfy you with your newly, beautifully dyed armor.

Posted

I wanted green, I bought, I dunno 5 of them ~? I indeed got green. The yellows and some "off orange" is just a bonus. I don't feel like a was mislead but rather felt like I got a little extra for my monies. I guess it all boils down to how you look at things. I like the dye system and have no issues with it.

Posted

I wanted green, I bought, I dunno 5 of them ~? I indeed got green. The yellows and some "off orange" is just a bonus. I don't feel like a was mislead but rather felt like I got a little extra for my monies. I guess it all boils down to how you look at things. I like the dye system and have no issues with it.

It depends on what green you purchased.

If you bought yellow-green, you got Lime colored dye, and that isn't very misleading.

If you bought deep-green, you got mint colored dye.  That's a little strange because I don't really consider Mint to be a 'Deep' Green (Deep green would be forest green or kelly green in my opinion). Mint green seems more blue-green. But it's at least related to green so we'll roll with it.

However, if you bought a green box, you got an aqua colored dye.  Aqua is not green.  They are two separate colors (at least if you are not colorblind).

1 person likes this

Posted

It depends on what green you purchased.

If you bought yellow-green, you got Lime colored dye, and that isn't very misleading.

If you bought deep-green, you got mint colored dye.  That's a little strange because I don't really consider Mint to be a 'Deep' Green (Deep green would be forest green or kelly green in my opinion). Mint green seems more blue-green. But it's at least related to green so we'll roll with it.

However, if you bought a green box, you got an aqua colored dye.  Aqua is not green.  They are two separate colors (at least if you are not colorblind).

No no, I indeed got colors not associated with the color scheme. But again, I really didn't feel "cheated" but felt like I just got some extra colors. Green was there, quite a few actually. So I did get what I paid for. Now in the defence of others, I only bought green and red so It may not be the same with all kits. I can only comment on the ones I purchased.

Posted

No no, I indeed got colors not associated with the color scheme. But again, I really didn't feel "cheated" but felt like I just got some extra colors. Green was there, quite a few actually. So I did get what I paid for. Now in the defence of others, I only bought green and red so It may not be the same with all kits. I can only comment on the ones I purchased.

Players who purchased Red or Green dye packs may have been more satisfied, because at least those colors exist within those bundles.  However, I think quite a few people were like me and trying to get a 'Blue' color, buying 'Blue Dye Packs', and getting 'Indigo Dye'. Honestly, I think the reason so many people are running around with eye bleeding purple dye on everything is because they were buying 'Blue Dye Packs' but getting 'Indigo'.

1 person likes this

Posted

Players who purchased Red or Green dye packs may have been more satisfied, because at least those colors exist within those bundles.  However, I think quite a few people were like me and trying to get a 'Blue' color, buying 'Blue Dye Packs', and getting 'Indigo Dye'. Honestly, I think the reason so many people are running around with eye bleeding purple dye on everything is because they were buying 'Blue Dye Packs' but getting 'Indigo'.

I hhave to agree with this. There are tons of people running around with purple dye stuff. 

Posted

I hhave to agree with this. There are tons of people running around with purple dye stuff. 

Ya, now that you mention it I do see a lot of purple lol.

Posted

@CM_Jouska

The problem lies in that while the actual colors of dye are properly named, the dye boxes have very misleading names.

For Example if you look at all of the colors that come out of the 'yellow-green' dye boxes:

yellowgreen.thumb.jpg.de3387a11f07dec269

The actual dye names in this category (in order from light to dark) are:

Snow Lime, Sunshine Lime, Shining Lime, Brilliant Lime, Soft Lime, True Lime, Vivid Lime , Pure Lime, Original Lime, Wine Lime, Gloomy Lime, and Shadow Lime.

If we rename the dye categories by the actual name of the dye found within the bundle, we get the following:

colors_bdo3.thumb.png.dba836447d91d8b54b

The dye bundles should be renamed to the dye color contained within that bundle, as according to the chart above.  This more accurately represents the color of the 'dye bundle'.

Current Bundle Name   -->   Rename:

Red --> Red

Orange --> Orange

Bright Orange --> Yellow

Yellow-Green --> Lime

Deep Green --> Mint

Green --> Aqua (Yes, you are reading that correctly, right now green boxes give you aqua dye)

Turquoise --> Sky Blue

Blue --> Indigo

Violet --> Purple

Purple --> Pink

The biggest problem I see is that aqua dye is in the green box and not the turquoise box.  Another big problem is that there really is no true blue or true yellow in this group of colors, the closest we can get is sky blue or indigo, and a yellowy orange or darker orange.  This may have lead to further confusion with the dye bundles, with people trying to get colors that really don't even exist within the pallet.

Further Proof:

I purchased 6 boxes of various colors of dye from the shop.  If our hypothesis is right, dye names should fall within the predicted categories listed above, besides basic dye colors:

6 'Red' Boxes that should contain the dye color 'Red', contained:

Shining Red, Shadow Red, Original Red, Sunshine Red, Rocker Blood (basic dye), and Hot Chocolate (basic dye).

6 'Orange' Boxes that should contain the dye color 'Orange', contained:

2x Sunshine Orange, Vivid Orange, Gloomy Orange, Brilliant Orange, Dark Chocolate (basic dye),

6 'Bright Orange' Boxes that should contain the dye color 'yellow', contained:

True Yellow, Shining Yellow, 2x Brilliant Yellows, Sunshine Yellow, and Gloomy Yellow

6 'Yellow-Green' Boxes that should contain the dye color 'Lime', contained:

2x Shadow Lime, Wine Lime, Sunshine Lime, Brilliant Lime, Aspen Green (basic dye).

6 'Deep Green' Boxes that should contain the dye color 'Mint', contained:

3x Brilliant Mint, 2x Gloomy Mint, Shining Mint,

6 'Green' Boxes that should contain the dye color 'Aqua', contained:

Shadow Aqua, Shining Aqua, 2x Gloomy Aqua, 2x Dark Pickle (basic dye),

6 'Turquoise' Boxes that should contain the dye color 'sky', contained:

3x Sunshine Sky, Wine Sky, 2x Cold Lake (basic dye),

6 'Blue' Boxes that should contain the dye color 'Indigo', contained:

Sunshine Indigo, 2x Shadow Indigo, Gloomy Indigo, Brilliant Indigo, Original Indigo.

6 'Violet' Boxes that should contain the dye color 'Purple', contained:

Soft Purple, Gloomy Purple, Wine Purple, 2x Sunshine Purple, Dry Lavender (basic dye),

6 'Purple' Boxes that should contain the dye color 'Pink', contained:

Brilliant Deep Pink, Sunshine Deep Pink, Shadow Deep Pink, 2x Gloomy Deep Pink, Dark Powder Pink (basic dye).

Original Thread

@Sidney

This is so perfect.

Thank you SO much for literally doing all of the leg work.  I hope we can get this problem resolved soon.

1 person likes this

Posted

This is so perfect.

Thank you SO much for literally doing all of the leg work.  I hope we can get this problem resolved soon.

No worries, science is always fun :)

Posted

Thanks for doing this. Really needs to be fixed ASAP - Spent so much money on this bad system.

Posted

In all honesty, the ENTIRE dye system NEEDS to change asap! It's just a random scam option right now. Why not simply allow people to specifically buy the color they want and upon opening the box choose the type of dye (like Valencian, Median, ...) instead? It'd get rid of the RNG bs tied to it right now and buying dyes wouldn't feel like a total scam. 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Agree.

I was planing to make my horse armor set white and blue, so i bought the Blue bundle.. I got really mad when I got Vivid Purple and Indigo colors instead.

If I buy blue it means I want blue, not violet, purple or pink. If I was interested on those colors I would have bought the purple bundle instead.

The only blue colors I got were from unknown die bundle.

Edited by Nicole
1 person likes this