• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

A quick guide on maximizing your Fishing XP this 300% event weekend!

25 posts in this topic

Posted

Hello Fishers!

My name is MaoMaoPrince and I am an Master 3 fisher over on Jordine. I run the largest fishing community in EU/NA over on Facebook.  As many people know last weekend on EU there was an XP bug for Fishing that was giving almost 300% increase experience.   Since that event and the announcement of the NA XP weekend the fishing community has been theorycrafting some of the best spots to increase XP output.   

There are many exciting, wonderful, brilliant and magical aspects to fishing, the following is just my opinion and not necessarily the best way to play!  I made this guide with the help of the community and I could not have written it without people gathering information.  

If you are interested in watching me fish please check out www.twitch.tv/maomaoprince

If you want to find the best spots for fishing please check www.maomaoprince.com

I prefer to write short guides in a Q&A style so let's take the plunge.  

What Equipment Should I Use?  

You want to get your grubby little fishing mitts on the Triple-Float Fishing Rod.  The Triple fishing rod allows you to catch up to three fish at a time and very rarely can produce four fish!  I’ve been taking notes on my casts for the triple rods and they seem to average at around 2 fish (rounded up) per cast.  With our current knowledge of hotspots I’ve been able to crunch some quick numbers, they seem on the high side so I need to go over them but take a look…

Results - On Blue Spot IN-IS1

I caught 1260 with 3 Triple Fishing Rod in 7 hours. That is ~756 Blue Fish, 378 Gold Fish 126 White/Greens.

Notes : The higher fishing level you are the less likely it is to lose durability when casting.

You gain xp for each fish caught with the triple rod and so it far surpasses any other rod in terms of XP gain.

Where can I get this wonderful rod?

Currently the only way obtain this is by doing repeatable quests.   I’m not going to go into detail here but you need to be at least skilled 5 before you can get the quest.  The first quest is from the child fishing off the docks opposite the storage in veila.  

What other equipment should I use?

Steel Rod is the most efficient rod both in terms of cash value and usefulness.  The steel rod gives +2 fishing speed bonus.  

Silver Embroidered Fishers Clothes  give fishing experience, movement speed and fishing rod and is enchantable.  I suggest getting at least +1.  

Sute Tea gives you a buff which increases life xp  (which includes fish) by 8%.  

Where Should I Fish?

The basics of a good spot for experience is to find one that primarily catches blue fish, is abundant and remote enough that other people are discouraged to fish there!  Most importantly find a spot that you like, you’re going to be there a while.  My personal favourite spot is IN-IS1 not because it is the most efficient but because of the people who fish there and it has Porcupine Fish.

Personal preference aside we’re here to talk about fat stacks of XP.  Gold Fish are actually worth more than blue fish in terms of raw XP but there are other factors involved.  The higher your fishing level the less letters there are in the mini game on average.  Over enough time blue fish are the most efficient because of player input.  

There are other factors involved when calculating XP potential but at the moment its very early days on the research.  Some spots have less cast time than others, some fish have slightly different XP - its all up in the air!

In order to maximise your xp/fishing time make sure you are drying fishing, deleting fish or selling close by!

The three best spots, and the ones I suggest are;

RA-IS1/IL-IS2 We searched tirelessly for a Smokey Chromis spot (mainly because its part of a fishing quest) because it has some of the better fish in terms of xp in its Fish Table.  This spot sits along the borders of two nodes and allows you to quickly check resources in both.  

PI-IS1 Another sought after fish, the Octopus has been tricky to track down, but we now have a spot.  The reason octopus is so special (as of writing) is because there are cooking recipes that require Dried Octopus or other types of seafood.  There has been no farm spots for any of the seafood so dried octopus could potentially be quite lucrative.  Fresh Octopus is worth 5,700 at base price.  The price for Dried Octopus on the AH currently is anywhere between 7,000 - 12,000.  When you dry fish you have a chance to produce 1-3 fish.  The potential income from one cast could be 36,000, with the triple rod 108,000.  These numbers are top end and require you not to immediately destroy the market.  The node for PI-IS1 cannot be connected via trade, octopus is still sought after.  

ME-SH1 is an exclusive spot to this guide and to MaoMaoPrince.com and is what im considering the single best spot for XP I’ve ever seen.  The reason this spot is so good is because it doesn’t have a single gold in the loot table, has good xp per fish and has a reasonably fast catch time compared to normal.  

Thanks for reading my short guide on XP I will look to expand it in the future and happy fishing!

15 people like this

Posted

pssssst... we haz a guides section xD

1 person likes this

Posted

pssssst... we haz a guides section xD

This information is more pertinent than usual due to the event. I'm glad it was posted here since it will get more exposure. Thanks OP for the information.

1 person likes this

Posted

g1380237020332471763.jpg

1 person likes this

Posted

now that NA is aware of the bug and now with your tips on how to abuse it at its max potential. RIP NA Fishing leaderboard xD

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Anyone with a brain would know that this is the wrong section to post a guide on how to maximize your fishing exp for the "300%" exp event. Please refer to this link below http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/forum/76-guides/ and post your guide there. Of course, this is intentional because he knows there are more people viewing this section more often than in the guides section. It is why he posted it here and wants you to click his links and watch his stream. He generates income to those who watches his stream and click the links in his post.

So again, why the ----- are you posting a guide in the general forums?

Edited by Curous

Posted (edited)

Anyone with a brain would know that this is the wrong section to post a guide on how to maximize your fishing exp for the "300%" exp event. Please refer to this link below http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/forum/76-guides/ and post your guide there. Of course, this is intentional because he knows there are more people viewing this section more often than in the guides section. It is why he posted it here and wants you to click his links and watch his stream. He generates income to those who watches his stream and click the links in his post.

So again, why the ----- are you posting a guide in the general forums?

I must have made, a mistake, its been moved - chilllllll.  

I make no money off any advertising.  I've made roughly 180 pound in 3 weeks of twitch  streaming which has paid for a webcam, a camera and a new chair - all oked by the the people who donated.  

I haven't streamed properly in a few days because I've been spending my time hosting smaller fishing channels and chatting with them and giving out hotspots to people in the channel.  I am trying to make a livelihood out of this and so yes I would like to make money off it eventually - growing the community is my primary concern right now.  

I spend roughly 3 hours streaming and the rest of the day almost at full time hours gathering information and writing guides. I have never asked to be compensated but if people want to donate to the effort they are completely free to.  

It gets frustrating when I turn my stream on once a day and I get a bunch of people telling me I'm abusing hotspots for cash despite being stood in a green spot farming non rare fish for the map so that people can locate fish easier. 

Honestly I should spend my time stealing gold spots and broadcasting them because thats where the money is.  

I hope this clears up your issues. 

Edited by maomaoprince
1 person likes this

Posted

I must have made, a mistake, its been moved - chilllllll.  
I make no money off any advertising.  I've made roughly 180 pound in 3 weeks of twitch  streaming which has paid for a webcam, a camera and a new chair - all oked by the the people who donated.  

I haven't streamed properly in a few days because I've been spending my time hosting smaller fishing channels and chatting with them and giving out hotspots to people in the channel.  I am trying to make a livelihood out of this and so yes I would like to make money off it eventually - growing the community is my primary concern right now.  

I spend roughly 3 hours streaming and the rest of the day almost at full time hours gathering information and writing guides - I have never asked to be compensated but if people want to donate to the effort they are completely free to.  

It gets frustrating when I turn my stream on once a day and I get a bunch of people telling me I'm abusing hotspots for cash despite being stood in a green spot farming non rare fish for the map so that people can locate fish easier - honestly I should spend my time stealing gold spots and broadcasting them because thats where the money is.  

I hope this clears up your issues. 

Why don't you look for gold spots and broadcast them on the stream? It's good for the community as people will continue to support you for what you're doing.

Posted

Why don't you look for gold spots and broadcast them on the stream? It's good for the community as people will continue to support you for what you're doing.

Honestly I don't like just looking for gold spots it gets pretty boring for me.  I'd also rather people come and chat gold spots tend to get people who come take a look then leave which isn't the community I want to grow.  I'm constantly hotspot hunting and theres a few great streamers who are much more efficient at it than I am!  

I like to make a variety of content, I'll get back to gold soon enough (: 

Posted

Honestly I don't like just looking for gold spots it gets pretty boring for me.  I'd also rather people come and chat gold spots tend to get people who come take a look then leave which isn't the community I want to grow.  I'm constantly hotspot hunting and theres a few great streamers who are much more efficient at it than I am!  
I like to make a variety of content, I'll get back to gold soon enough (: 

So you're mainly looking for green/blue hot spots for EXP?

Posted (edited)

Once hitting master I decided I wanted to complete the fish guide!  I'm about 80% in without doing the harpooning, so thats going well.  

We're finding some really strange spots in terms of what fish table it has.  I've found what seems like a new fishing areas "caverns", this area has a bunch of fish i'd never seen on the Ocean/Freshwater.

Theres so many crazy spots and not enough time to document them all.  

Edited by maomaoprince

Posted (edited)

its not about rarity, but catch rate, needless to say avoid everything that's not abundant. But some blue spots gives a better catch rate compared to goldspot and since a yellow gives 7 exp and a blue 6 (minimal difference), if you fish faster, you'll level up faster. That's why its not really advised to exp on goldspot. I still make 1.5m every run on a blue spot tho.

There's a "secret" bluespot which gives 100% blues and is the best to EXP http://imgur.com/cuZX5eh but who knows where is it o.O

Edited by casinca
1 person likes this

Posted

That screenshot is from the location http://ph129.net/map/?m_id=635 featured in the guide.  I've seen it a few times and the spot definitely catches some green fish.  There could be a secret one that has ONLY blues but I've not had any reports on that yet.  When you see good inventories always be cautious (:  

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

For the convenience of those who reference your guide this weekend, if you find time include them, would you let us know which nodes we need to activate for the corresponding hot spots?

While this isn't necessary of course, I thought it might be helpful to some.

Edited by Xtort

Posted (edited)

For the convenience of those who reference your guide this weekend, if you find time include them, would you let us know which nodes we need to activate for the corresponding hot spots?

While this isn't necessary of course, I thought it might be helpful to some.

If you're talking about maomaoprince mapn most of the spot are node referenced when you scroll down the right info panel. not sure if thats what you asked.

That screenshot is from the location http://ph129.net/map/?m_id=635 featured in the guide.  I've seen it a few times and the spot definitely catches some green fish.  There could be a secret one that has ONLY blues but I've not had any reports on that yet.  When you see good inventories always be cautious (:

Nice find, i'll check it out then. this mysterious spot was on my mind since i saw this screenshot :D

Edited by casinca

Posted

If you're talking about maomaoprince mapn most of the spot are node referenced when you scroll down the right info panel. not sure if thats what you asked.

Yes it is, and it appears that I wasn't scrolling all the way down.

It looks like 2/3 of the nodes list which node the fish are from (AKA which node you need active at the trade vendor to sell said fish for full profit).

Posted

How many quests / repeatable quests are available to us in NA/EU right now that give us the triple float fishing rod? bddatabase says 5 quests but it looks like only a few of those are repeatable. if you don't mind adding in the quest names into your original post of which quests we actually have access to it would save a lot of time for some people trying to obtain this rod like myself thanks :), don't explain how to do the quests just give us the quest names that are available to us would be really helpful.

Posted

I am professional lvl 5 and Abelin has no quest for me? Any suggestions?

Posted

How many quests / repeatable quests are available to us in NA/EU right now that give us the triple float fishing rod? bddatabase says 5 quests but it looks like only a few of those are repeatable. if you don't mind adding in the quest names into your original post of which quests we actually have access to it would save a lot of time for some people trying to obtain this rod like myself thanks :), don't explain how to do the quests just give us the quest names that are available to us would be really helpful.

I am professional lvl 5 and Abelin has no quest for me? Any suggestions?

Its not about your level, but about the quests chain that lead you to it. there's no direct quest to get it, you need to do some others before the triple rod reward quest.

There are 5 quests, only 2 of them are repeatable (1 every 3 days, 1 weekly)

http://bddatabase.net/us/quest/1200/147/

http://bddatabase.net/us/quest/4532/1/

With the links above you need to check all "Quest requirements" that lead to it. it's a bit slow since most of them consist to fish specific fishes.

1 person likes this

Posted

Wow, you rock. Thanks!

Posted

Hello Fishers!

My name is MaoMaoPrince and I am an Master 3 fisher over on Jordine. I run the largest fishing community in EU/NA over on Facebook.  As many people know last weekend on EU there was an XP bug for Fishing that was giving almost 300% increase experience.   Since that event and the announcement of the NA XP weekend the fishing community has been theorycrafting some of the best spots to increase XP output.   

There are many exciting, wonderful, brilliant and magical aspects to fishing, the following is just my opinion and not necessarily the best way to play!  I made this guide with the help of the community and I could not have written it without people gathering information.  

If you are interested in watching me fish please check out www.twitch.tv/maomaoprince

If you want to find the best spots for fishing please check www.maomaoprince.com

I prefer to write short guides in a Q&A style so let's take the plunge.  

What Equipment Should I Use?  

You want to get your grubby little fishing mitts on the Triple-Float Fishing Rod.  The Triple fishing rod allows you to catch up to three fish at a time and very rarely can produce four fish!  I’ve been taking notes on my casts for the triple rods and they seem to average at around 2 fish (rounded up) per cast.  With our current knowledge of hotspots I’ve been able to crunch some quick numbers, they seem on the high side so I need to go over them but take a look…

Results - On Blue Spot IN-IS1

I caught 1260 with 3 Triple Fishing Rod in 7 hours. That is ~756 Blue Fish, 378 Gold Fish 126 White/Greens.

Notes : The higher fishing level you are the less likely it is to lose durability when casting.

You gain xp for each fish caught with the triple rod and so it far surpasses any other rod in terms of XP gain.

Where can I get this wonderful rod?

Currently the only way obtain this is by doing repeatable quests.   I’m not going to go into detail here but you need to be at least skilled 5 before you can get the quest.  The first quest is from the child fishing off the docks opposite the storage in veila.  

What other equipment should I use?

Steel Rod is the most efficient rod both in terms of cash value and usefulness.  The steel rod gives +2 fishing speed bonus.  

Silver Embroidered Fishers Clothes  give fishing experience, movement speed and fishing rod and is enchantable.  I suggest getting at least +1.  

Sute Tea gives you a buff which increases life xp  (which includes fish) by 8%.  

Where Should I Fish?

The basics of a good spot for experience is to find one that primarily catches blue fish, is abundant and remote enough that other people are discouraged to fish there!  Most importantly find a spot that you like, you’re going to be there a while.  My personal favourite spot is IN-IS1 not because it is the most efficient but because of the people who fish there and it has Porcupine Fish.

Personal preference aside we’re here to talk about fat stacks of XP.  Gold Fish are actually worth more than blue fish in terms of raw XP but there are other factors involved.  The higher your fishing level the less letters there are in the mini game on average.  Over enough time blue fish are the most efficient because of player input.  

There are other factors involved when calculating XP potential but at the moment its very early days on the research.  Some spots have less cast time than others, some fish have slightly different XP - its all up in the air!

In order to maximise your xp/fishing time make sure you are drying fishing, deleting fish or selling close by!

The three best spots, and the ones I suggest are;

RA-IS1/IL-IS2 We searched tirelessly for a Smokey Chromis spot (mainly because its part of a fishing quest) because it has some of the better fish in terms of xp in its Fish Table.  This spot sits along the borders of two nodes and allows you to quickly check resources in both.  

PI-IS1 Another sought after fish, the Octopus has been tricky to track down, but we now have a spot.  The reason octopus is so special (as of writing) is because there are cooking recipes that require Dried Octopus or other types of seafood.  There has been no farm spots for any of the seafood so dried octopus could potentially be quite lucrative.  Fresh Octopus is worth 5,700 at base price.  The price for Dried Octopus on the AH currently is anywhere between 7,000 - 12,000.  When you dry fish you have a chance to produce 1-3 fish.  The potential income from one cast could be 36,000, with the triple rod 108,000.  These numbers are top end and require you not to immediately destroy the market.  The node for PI-IS1 cannot be connected via trade, octopus is still sought after.  

ME-SH1 is an exclusive spot to this guide and to MaoMaoPrince.com and is what im considering the single best spot for XP I’ve ever seen.  The reason this spot is so good is because it doesn’t have a single gold in the loot table, has good xp per fish and has a reasonably fast catch time compared to normal.  

Thanks for reading my short guide on XP I will look to expand it in the future and happy fishing!

are you still looking for that smokey fish?
well because in EDAN server my guild had
a guild quest to catch 10 Porgy, but when we got that porgy these didn't count :c
but someone catch a Smokey and it counts, so the members of the guild went to that spot
and we finished the quest in that specific place

check the picture, we were fishing in the yellow coast line

island.thumb.png.5eda58f1ef834b8e6d353ad

Posted

are you still looking for that smokey fish?well because in EDAN server my guild had
a guild quest to catch 10 Porgy, but when we got that porgy these didn't count :c
but someone catch a Smokey and it counts, so the members of the guild went to that spot
and we finished the quest in that specific place

check the picture, we were fishing in the yellow coast line

island.thumb.png.5eda58f1ef834b8e6d353ad

Where did you guys find the porgy fish? That's the only fish i need for a quest

I got smokey and others

Posted

Went from skilled 8 to artisan 3 in 2 days, going for master1 tomorrow, just found out about the triple float rods. Thanks!

Posted (edited)

Thanks for this.  I went from Apprentice 5 to Prof 4 pretty quickly.  Slowed down a bit in the Prof level.  Hitting the RA-IS1/IL-IS2 spot and getting ~2% per catch.  I went to a bunch of other spots and was only getting 1% for yellows.  Hoping to hit Artisan before this ends.

Edited by Ronus

Posted

Once hitting master I decided I wanted to complete the fish guide!  I'm about 80% in without doing the harpooning, so thats going well.  

We're finding some really strange spots in terms of what fish table it has.  I've found what seems like a new fishing areas "caverns", this area has a bunch of fish i'd never seen on the Ocean/Freshwater.

Theres so many crazy spots and not enough time to document them all.  

Been following a lot of the info you've been posting in the last several weeks. Thanks for all the effort. I'm currently interested in more info on harpooning and rarer fish we haven't seen yet like the Red quality ones and larger fish. Any idea if you're going to touch on that stuff?

1 person likes this