• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Valkyrie Awakening

47 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I'm glad they kept her role of heavy tank type.

Mounted combat with that lance will be super fun.  I guess using the awakening weapons in mounted combat isn't a thing.  

Edited by Rozett

Posted

Lance for the Valkyrie is a solid choice. I guess after the Ranger update we can expect to see either Plum or Blader awakening. 

I guess this means Valkyrie might become pretty strong on mounted combat? 

Posted (edited)

As someone else pointed out in another thread, none of the awakening weapons can be used on mounts yet, so it's actually kind-of up-in-the-air if Valkyrie will get it for mounted combat or not.  :S

Edited by Maevynn
1 person likes this

Posted

As someone else pointed out in another thread, none of the awakening weapons can be used on mounts yet, so it's actually kind-of up-in-the-air if Valkyrie will get it for mounted combat or not.  :S

Oh! Thank-you for the clarification.

I wonder why that is? I can understand for the other awakenings because they're more oriented for ground battles but a lance is typically used on a horse, isn't it? Unless it's more like a Monster Hunter Lancer. I guess we'll have to wait for a long while until we see what the final outcome is. -_-

Posted

oh really?  I didn't know you couldn't use the awakening weapons while mounted.  I guess i just assumed.  That would be a shame if Valkyrie couldn't use the lance on a mount.  It just screams mounted combat lol. 

Posted

HA I called it!Valkyria_Chronicles_Selvaria_(21).jpg

1 person likes this

Posted

the artist that made the draw made a awesome job :D she is sexy as hell :D

Posted (edited)

I wonder if this is gonna help with her weakpoint of not having much damage? If she still has the shield she's still gonna be defensive I would think, which is weird because it seemed the pattern was to give all the classes a new weapon to compensate for their weakpoints. Like tamer not being reliant on her pet, warrior getting more damage, zerk getting a ranged weapon, sorc getting a longer weapon for bigger attacks, and archer getting melee.

Veeeery peculiar. Maybe despite having a bigger weapon she'll be more mobile?

Edited by Edgelorde

Posted

Good to knew My main will be the Valkyrie

1 person likes this

Posted

Now to see the sweet Awakening video which accompanies the announcement..... /cry

Posted (edited)

5689DF09056C980003

simply amazing! cant wait to see valk's awakening wep in action!

Edited by Minato
2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Don't know... hated this weapon combination already in Tera.

Edited by Nemmitron

Posted

its giga leash time bois AAAHAHAHAHAAHAH

Posted

can't waiti to mess with it with my valk in kr :)  

hope its good lancer in tera was awesome. hope lancer bdo is even better :P

Posted

I wonder if this is gonna help with her weakpoint of not having much damage? If she still has the shield she's still gonna be defensive I would think, which is weird because it seemed the pattern was to give all the classes a new weapon to compensate for their weakpoints. Like tamer not being reliant on her pet, warrior getting more damage, zerk getting a ranged weapon, sorc getting a longer weapon for bigger attacks, and archer getting melee.

Veeeery peculiar. Maybe despite having a bigger weapon she'll be more mobile?

Not much damage? Valkyrie has one of the highest bursts in the game.

Posted

Not much damage? Valkyrie has one of the highest bursts in the game.

Really? How?

Posted (edited)

Ok, now im excited, i like it it even though i thought it would be a spear + sheild, kind of like knight class in skyforge but this is close enough, can't wait for the video.

Edited by Beeso

Posted (edited)

I also thought of TERA as soon as I saw it. I'm not interested in Valkyrie but it actually looks pretty cool and fitting imo.

Also, her face looks real awkward in that art.

Edited by Artanis
1 person likes this

Posted

Woo! Super excited! This defiantly makes it harder for me to choose what character I want to play first..-_-

Posted

Same here so I'm a little bit sad:(

Posted

Also, her face looks real awkward in that art.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks this.  She has a vacant thousand-yard stare, despite her smile... she's seen things.

1 person likes this

Posted

not bad notbad, i would have prefered a spear. but this seems cool too

Posted

I'd let her poke me. 

Posted

Same here so I'm a little bit sad:(

same