• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Valkyrie Awakening

47 posts in this topic

Posted

Way better than that stupid gundam mecha bs they came out with for the zerker last patch

Posted

I googled to my hearts content and I can't seem to find out how this awakening weapon system works. Can somebody explain it to me? Like is it a special weapon you obtain that appears when you use certain skills(and unlocks special skills)? Is it something you have to build up some kind of 'energy' to be able to use it for a short period of time? How does it work D:

Posted

A lance is literally a weapon designed for use from horseback... and there's no mounted combat with it? lol

A spear would have been better, but oh well, it won't ruin the character for me.

2 people like this

Posted

A lance is literally a weapon designed for use from horseback... and there's no mounted combat with it? lol

A spear would have been better, but oh well, it won't ruin the character for me.

Lances work just fine however when by foot (yay Monster Hunter games).

Also, this world has magic while ours does not.  Thus it's best to keep the values from our world from clouding your judgment.

- Kat

Posted

I wonder if this is gonna help with her weakpoint of not having much damage? If she still has the shield she's still gonna be defensive I would think, which is weird because it seemed the pattern was to give all the classes a new weapon to compensate for their weakpoints. Like tamer not being reliant on her pet, warrior getting more damage, zerk getting a ranged weapon, sorc getting a longer weapon for bigger attacks, and archer getting melee.

Veeeery peculiar. Maybe despite having a bigger weapon she'll be more mobile?

I still don't understand the whole weakpoints thing, like, if i pick a Bard/Archer/Ranger i go into it expecting to be weak at melee but i pick the class anyways because i want to play a class that is focused on range. Just like if i pick a Paladin/Valkyrie/Knight i go into it expecting to do less damage but overall better defenses and survival. So what do they do? They give the Ranger daggers because people who picked Ranger totally want to be doing melee (sarcasm), and then they give the Warrior a greatsword because who in their right mind would play a sword/shield class and actually want to use the sword/shield (more sarcasm).

So if im understanding it right, the awakening weapons not only compensate for a weakpoint but they also force you to play in a way you originally never intended to.

Posted

Need the video! lol

Posted

I googled to my hearts content and I can't seem to find out how this awakening weapon system works. Can somebody explain it to me? Like is it a special weapon you obtain that appears when you use certain skills(and unlocks special skills)? Is it something you have to build up some kind of 'energy' to be able to use it for a short period of time? How does it work D:

It is a quest of lvl 56 from the black spirit you have to complete in order to be able to use the awakening, something like that atleast :P Afterwards, you can use it forever and you can also use your previous weapon set. 

- Jeasy

Posted

I still don't understand the whole weakpoints thing, like, if i pick a Bard/Archer/Ranger i go into it expecting to be weak at melee but i pick the class anyways because i want to play a class that is focused on range. Just like if i pick a Paladin/Valkyrie/Knight i go into it expecting to do less damage but overall better defenses and survival. So what do they do? They give the Ranger daggers because people who picked Ranger totally want to be doing melee (sarcasm), and then they give the Warrior a greatsword because who in their right mind would play a sword/shield class and actually want to use the sword/shield (more sarcasm).

So if im understanding it right, the awakening weapons not only compensate for a weakpoint but they also force you to play in a way you originally never intended to.

I believe more of the point is to add a new playstyle to the game without having to make a whole new class, which would come with all of the other things you have to add (namely character design, armor design, costume design etc).

You have to remember that the idea behind BDOs character choices is to let you do whatever you want and not have to make alts, which is why there's no healer or tank class. Weapon awakening flows very well with that ideology, giving classes unique options when you want to play differently.

That's not to say I believe all of the awakened weapons are perfect, I actually do feel like giving the melee guy a ranged weapon and the ranged guy a melee weapon isn't overly thoughtful, I prefer the ideology behind giving the defensive class a more damaging weapon and giving the short-range melee a longer ranged melee weapon, as a more subtle but effective way to fix their weakpoints. Maybe archer would have a shorter ranged weapon with more cc and escape options?

And by no means you're FORCED to use the weapon, it's just another option given to you.

Posted

And by no means you're FORCED to use the weapon, it's just another option given to you.

I was following everything you said until you said this ^q^

don't the awakening weapons greatly outweigh the default?

Posted (edited)

Rule of Cool > Logic

Yeah, a spear or a pike would make way more sense but shanking someone with a giant lance looks cool. It doesn't matter that it's a weapon meant to be used off momentum and actually thrusting or swinging it repeatedly would be hard/unwieldly as -----.

All that matters is that it's cool

Edited by Granberia

Posted

Can finally feel the raw power of playing a greatsword.

Always wanted to play a greatsword in Monster hunter but the longsword was too good.

Now ill have the opportunity to play greatsword :D

Posted

isnt valk supposed to be sword and shield not lance???

http://black-desert.com/classes/valkyrie/

She does, but the "Awakening weapon" is a second optional set that she gets that she can switch to.

Posted

isnt valk supposed to be sword and shield not lance???

http://black-desert.com/classes/valkyrie/

Every class gets an awakened weapon..... It's in addition to their normal weapon once they hit level 56

Posted

I might not be surprised for the choice of lance, but that doesn't make me any less excited for it.

Posted

ok was confused for a minute first time i seen anything about these weapons.

Posted

Really, what else could it have been besides a lance? She's a Valkyrie, all the Valkyria RPG's feature a magic lance wielding badass chick... Anime Valkyries have lances... It's a no brainer. Total fan service to classic game and anime tropes

Posted

Really, what else could it have been besides a lance? She's a Valkyrie, all the Valkyria RPG's feature a magic lance wielding badass chick... Anime Valkyries have lances... It's a no brainer. Total fan service to classic game and anime tropes

I honestly don't understand what these nerds are whining about either...

As long as it wasn't a hammer, we gucci. 

Posted

Valkyrie looking sooo cool. Officially gotta date a valk player's avatar at this point. ♥

1 person likes this

Posted

606812-selvaria_bles_valkyria_chronicles_01.jpg

Selvaria_Bles_Valkyria_Chronicles_02.jpg

s-l1000.jpg

7bc59a88d6b3d654e9ecd6ac670dd5d76e8d0187.jpg

Posted

But magic flying rapiers would be really cool too!

thumb-350-651829.jpg

brave_frontier___holy_princess_sefia_by_

Posted

also pretty cool, but doesn't the valk already have a similar skill?