• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Uno: Calph U1 Goldseller Spambot Name of the Day

18 posts in this topic

Posted

Uno, Calph 1 server;

Goldseller Spambot (OKAYGOODS.COM) in the middle of Heidel, April 15th, 2016:

Asmndmlovhmc

Csbxfgzepcs

Screenshot attached

2016-04-15_35687807.JPG

It would be nice if we could make this a daily -or at least as often as these things pop up- thread.  That they are just outside my residence as a crafter (and thus see them constantly) has NOTHING to do with it, I swear.

OK, I lie.

Posted

Even if it may be a good intention, you're just making more advertisement for them like this. It's better if you just report them, DAUM will get their names either way over time.Also  if you block them and/or use the word filter you should be able to get most of them out of your vision.

Posted

Maybe just block it?

Posted

Wonder when we finally get the needed Item to report them.....

Posted

Even if it may be a good intention, you're just making more advertisement for them like this. It's better if you just report them, DAUM will get their names either way over time.Also  if you block them and/or use the word filter you should be able to get most of them out of your vision.

the filter doesn't seem to work with local - weird

Posted

Let's not give them to much free publicity...

Posted

Perhaps, and gawd knows I do not want to give them more advert space.

Let me know how to just "report them" and I am all over it... as I actually spent 15 min or so trying to find a better forum post/bug report/etc area to do so.

I just am concerned that too many players will feel like "
DAUM will get their names either way over time", and not actively report them... while they are blatantly advertising.  The whole "Meh, someone else will deal with them" thing.

I am a crafter/healer, and I keep bumping up against "Oh, you need "X"?  Hold on a sec, I'll give you... crap, no I can't" because of asshats like this.

Thus I will make it an active duty of mine to root them out.  Once Daum implements something like "Guildmembers over a month in a guild can give to other guildmembers also over a month in-guild", then I will worry less about it.

Until then, I have always hated farktards like this, and their presence is directly affecting me as opposed to indirectly in other MMOs

Posted

Put 3VV and WWW in my filter and have never seen them again.

Posted

Put 3VV and WWW in my filter and have never seen them again.

It's not just seeing them myself that I am concerned with.  I just want these asshats GONE

Turning a blind eye to them does not help the fact that I cannot do simple transactions between guildmembers like I have always been able to do... and it is a direct result of their presence over the years.

Thus I make it an active duty/obsession/etc to root them out; that they advertise directly outside of my residence where I need to recover energy -for items I cannot give guild members, and is not part of the original game dynamics (crafting energy)- just makes it all the more irritating

1 person likes this

Posted

again, the filter isn't working with "local" chat

has been pretty nice since the filter was released - a few key words and no spam whatsoever - but now when you run by these guys that are stationed at the entrances to Heidel (and assuming other cities)...........

Posted

My filter is working fine with local chat.. 

And you should probably report them instead, there's literally nothing anyone on the forums can do since these spammers are not PVP level and sit in safe zones.

Posted

All spam you see in general channels are always from the character in the world. It can in Heidel, Olvia or Velia. Too bad they're in the safe zone, we cannot enable pvp mode and punish them :)

Should nice if players can punish them, it's possible in some MMOs.

Problem it will cause negative karma :(

Posted

And you should probably report them instead...

Tell me how to report them, and I will make a Word document and save it.  And pass it on in any form.

Posted (edited)

Tell me how to report them, and I will make a Word document and save it.  And pass it on in any form.

Make a ticket or send a PM to GMs on the forums.  AFAIK we can't report from in-game.

Edited by Anemone

Posted

Make a ticket or send a PM to GMs on the forums.  AFAIK we can't report from in-game.

Ah, so it was not just me not finding a way to report in-game.

Well, I do not count PMs to GMs in high regard, what with the massive amount of spam they must get.

Help me out with how to send a "ticket" in this game? 

General experience from previous MMOs in regards to "tickets" has me feeling like there is a 10% chance that it will even be noticed, but that is a better chance than trying to PM any alleged GM.

And a new ticket every time they change their name from "asdfuhgi" to "asdfuhgo" or whatever will be a long and painful undertaking... but I am more than willing to do it

Posted

You can submit tickets here

I'd recommend making a list to submit occasionally rather than making a ticket for each spammer, support already has a large volume of tickets to look through.  It doesn't hurt to send a PM to the GMs as well, you can include your ticket # and tell them it's a list of gold spammers on whichever server.

Posted (edited)

You can submit tickets here

I'd recommend making a list to submit occasionally rather than making a ticket for each spammer, support already has a large volume of tickets to look through.  It doesn't hurt to send a PM to the GMs as well, you can include your ticket # and tell them it's a list of gold spammers on whichever server.

Thanks, and yeah... 'tis kinda my concern.  Large volume of tickets, with much more important issues than "Player name 'blah blah'" is gold spamming.

Despite the fact that they have built the game around preventing them (gold spammers), to the point of being unable to have fun by crafting/etc things for others

I rather expected that the person in the screenshot to be gone rather quickly because of that.  I can deal with being a crafter who cannot give to guildmates, if I do not have to deal with spammers.

But a day and a half later with this guy still outside my door... and cannot give to guildmates?  Not so happy with that arrangement

EDIT: And sadly, the link you provided only goes to specific issues that have not even the slightest similarity to the issue I would like to submit (ala the gold spammer), not even a "none of the above" option.

I suppose I could submit a ticket for "I bought Pearls, but cannot find them", and then state that actually I did not buy Pearls, but there is this Gold Spammer on Uno, on Calph, on U1 Calph, in Heidel...  but for some reason, I fear that such would be less than likely to produce any results.

I _HATE_ PvP, due to gankability/PK trolling.  And the only time I would like to see it occur...

Edited by SoulSworne

Posted

You may just have to find a category that's close enough or PM the GMs on the forum then.

I get that it's frustrating to want player-trade and see gold spammers, but it's important to keep in mind that no trade is meant to prevent RMT, not spamming.  You're still going to see spammers, and the best you can do right now is report them and use your chat filter to block their messages.  Enabling player-trade would just make the situation worse by enabling RMT, and involve a ton of work that developers (PA) have already said they're unwilling to do. 

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0