• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Waiving right to withdraw.

13 posts in this topic

Posted

So I actually read the agreement that you agree to when first opening the game.  I'm not sure, but did you realize you waive you right to return the game by starting it?  So I can buy the game and return it within 14 days, but not if I play it.  If I play it and hate it, I'm stuck with it.  As first impressions go, this one is not the greatest.  And way to put a great customer service foot forward there too.  And for those of you about to respond with hate and criticism, imagine purchasing any other type of product and the very first time you use it it breaks or under performs. You go to return it and they say to you: by using that device you waived all rights of return.  How mad would you be?  It's kind of shady, that's all I'm saying.

Posted

I think if you pay with PayPal you are still able to refund wether they like it or not.
I agree that it's kind of a bad way to introduce new players to the game but if you did proper research into what this game is then there shouldn't be a problem.

Posted

I got the feeling that the "Right to Return" was form some European law about notification.  I couldn't imagine trying to get a refund on World Of Warcraft back in the day...

Posted

I got the feeling that the "Right to Return" was form some European law about notification.  I couldn't imagine trying to get a refund on World Of Warcraft back in the day...

Got the feeling?  Did you read the agreement before you signed it?  Because I didn't see anything about it only being a European thing.  Also is this the standard you're okay to accept, that's it's just impossible to get a return?  Just because you like a game doesn't mean we should make excuses for poor customer service choices.

Posted

I don't know what universe you all have been gaming in where you can get a refund for games you don't like. I think steam has had to do this to some degree because of all of there broken never to be completed alpha ware but other than that I've never bought a game that I could get my money back after I opened the box. As for digital I've never even thought of trying to get my money back.

2 people like this

Posted

I don't know what universe you all have been gaming in where you can get a refund for games you don't like. I think steam has had to do this to some degree because of all of there broken never to be completed alpha ware but other than that I've never bought a game that I could get my money back after I opened the box. As for digital I've never even thought of trying to get my money back.

you should try, bought a game on steam that was absolutely horrible and the gameplay trailer looked nothing like the game

got my money back within 2 days 

i won the same game later in a giveaway tough so i doupt they will refund me again in the future

Posted

you should try, bought a game on steam that was absolutely horrible and the gameplay trailer looked nothing like the game

got my money back within 2 days 

i won the same game later in a giveaway tough so i doupt they will refund me again in the future

Like i said steam has to do it to some extent now. You get like 2 hours of play or something. That is the first time i've heard of a refund of an "open box" software" ever.

Posted

To be totally honest I had no intention of fighting some international game provider over a $30 B2P game.  I could spend 3 hours trying to get my money back which at $15/hour is a net loss of $15.  Easier to say "hey I got 2-5 hours of fun for my $30" and move on if it's not worth it.

And back in the day, stores didn't accept returns on games that had been opened because they couldn't return them to the company unless there was a physical defect.  For I saw the "I can't return this game" prompts as a formality because, honestly, returning a played video game just isn't on my radar.  Not worth the effort.

Posted

You can always do a charge back from your credit company but beware your account will get ban forever and the credit you used to buy this game will get ban to use for any game from this Publisher.

Posted

How about the fact that you waived your rights to return the product and were consistently lied to about what you purchased? I'm talking Conq pack players. Our T5 horse is NOT a t5, it's more like a t3 disguised as a T5, also, when the game first launched, there were so many issues with claiming pre-order items it wasn't even funny. a whole week and almost a week and a half later still leaves me with a bitter taste in my mouth. :/

Posted

Like i said steam has to do it to some extent now. You get like 2 hours of play or something. That is the first time i've heard of a refund of an "open box" software" ever.

Is that the standard you wish game companies to be held to though?  Do you want to not be able to get your money back for a terrible product?  If you don't you have to make noise.

Posted

I watched some videos and reviews.   I knew I wasn't going to return it.   So it's a moot point for me.  Also they raised the HP of the conq pack horse last patch,  It's now a real t5 horse.  The worst one you can get rng.....  But it is a true t5.    Regardless...it counts as a t5 horse for breeding...that's the important part.  Ride for a week and breed it for a t6, Done. 

Posted (edited)

Is that the standard you wish game companies to be held to though?  Do you want to not be able to get your money back for a terrible product?  If you don't you have to make noise.

As long as the product works I feel it is on me to do the research as to what a game is about. If a game does not give out beta to streamers there is something wrong. This game is roughly the same game that has been out for 2 years in KR.

Edited by trixsterjl

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0