• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Copy transfer the game to a new computer possible?

8 posts in this topic

Posted

Ok, so i had the game just fine, but it became corrupted, and now i cant find a signal strong enough for long enough to redownload the game. i have tried literally 30 times, always get an error, unable to obtain a wired connection like the first time i did it, and literally sitting in starbucks dying inside with my entire PC set up for 11 hours...

please, if it is possible to take the copy of the game that i have on my lap top, and transfer it to my pc using an external HDD, can you please tell me how its done? i have seen this topic before, but honestly the terms used lost me, and i need pretty simple instructions. all the things that need to be included in the transfer, all that...

please please please!

i need halp!

Posted

I'm assuming black desert has registry keys and files in %appdata%. Maybe you can copy the registry keys and all the necessary files that aren't in the main Black Desert folder and it might work. 

Posted

yeah, i am super sorry, but that is way above my head... i have no idea what that means... can you bring that down a few levels?

Posted

Install the game on the new computer.

Copy the "Paz" folder from your other installation to the new computer.

Posted

All you need is these folders, they contain most of the data:

Paz

bin64

bin

Steps to transfer:
1) Copy those folders to USB drive or External Drive

2) Install launcher on 2nd computer

3) Close the launcher

4) Plug in External Device with the copied folders

5) Move folders from External Device to 2nd computer's install folder (usually C:/Program Files(x86)/Black Desert Online/)

6) Run launcher

7) Done!

1 person likes this

Posted

Paz

bin64

bin

Steps to transfer:

3) Close the launcher

5) Move folders from External Device to 2nd computer's install folder (usually C:/Program Files(x86)/Black Desert Online/)

6) Run launcher

7) Done!

^ Can confirm that this works as I have done it myself, however I transferred it to my lady's rig, not a problem at all.

Posted

My wife downloaded the game before me and it took a lil over a day since we are on dsl.  I shared the whole folder and copied it.  Took 45 mins.

Posted

Paz

bin64

bin

Steps to transfer:

3) Close the launcher

6) Run launcher

7) Done!

What do you mean by "install launcher?"  I've move the launcher .exe file to the new computer, along with all the other files and folders, but when I attempt to start the launcher from a desktop shortcut I get an error message saying, "libcef.dll not found on computer," but it is indeed there.  If I double-click the launcher .exe file from within the folder it simply crashes.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0