• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

My devotion to BDO officially ends upon reaching level 45

110 posts in this topic

Posted

Just because you have yet to experience being killed while auto-pathing or fishing doesn't mean it doesn't happen or causing some to really re-think playing this game (I'm not btw). I know some who are though and they have purchased a lot from the store (fishers spent a lot more I would say than the average player). Daum will lose potential customers I think if they don't listen to the PvE crowd (yes I know I know it's a "PvP" game). 

I've been PK'd while fishing and it's no big deal to me.. I just re-spawn with a potion and say f' your karma. Come kill me again and I'll see you in a few months when I join a rival guild to yours and I'll actively seek you out.

Guild mates have been killed auto-pathing so it does happen and we're a casual fishing/life skills guild so we certainly are not contesting grind spots (99% of us don't even grind at all).

We have never been declared on either. So no it's not just ganking guilds that "deserve" it.

Personally I'm in this for the long term end game and enjoying doing the life skills and PvE stuff right now and building up my production network. I'll be 55+ when I'm ready to set my sights on PvP and maybe move to a PvP guild (one that hasn't PK'd unfairly me btw). Those who are rushing to level and "PvP" right now are not seeing the long term and will probably leave before I do when they get bored.

I do think there should be a separate PvE server (not channels but server) and let the PvE only folks do their thing. I want this company to do a lot better than Trion in keeping the players here rather than the next shiny and listen to everybody not just the extremists.

I feel like I'm an Independent shouting at Liberals and Conservatives that you both need to get over yourselves and make some compromises for the good of the country.

2 people like this

Posted

I have a feeling that Daum will ultimately discover that the revenue they'll receive from a bunch of blowhards may not pay the bills...

Actually surprised to see so many of these so-called "blowhards" mucking about here.  I'm of the opinion this game has a great deal to offer the PvE oriented player, and there's no reason not to capitalize on that fully.

In any case, ignoring the riff-raff, my current plan is pretty simple.  I only have one toon at the moment.  I'm going to level him to the threshold.  Once my playstyle can be dictated by other people's problem children, I'll likely make that toon an energy cow and start up the next one.  So on and so forth.

I'll likely take my original toon into potential battle on week-ends, as I do enjoy that.  On week nights after a long day though?  Not likely.  I'm not in the habit of letting random knuckle-draggers dictate how I'm going to enjoy my time off.  They may be few and far between, especially right now while the novelty of the game means a healthy population, but as time goes on and the population levels drop, they'll become more problematic.  Pretty textbook.

Knowing that, I'm not spending a dime in the cash shop.  Sure, some people can't see further than the length of their nose but, for the rest of us, the game has a built-in limited shelf-life.  If I had any impression that this game could be a mainstay for a longer period of time, I'd surely be buying the things I actually do want to buy.  No sense buying a house in a neighborhood when you can see the sewers aren't large enough for the amount of crap coming down the pike.

1 person likes this

Posted

Have you consulted a therapist about your fear of PK?  This is a growing trend in the US and should be taken seriously.   Do not let your quality of life be ruled by fear.  Take charge instead.

Posted

To add to my previous post. Today I was playing with a friend over Elric Monastery. The Black Spirit had a quest there and we were killing the dudes np. My friend is level 50 and woefully undergeared since she is has RL and I'm playing a level 51 and a half witch moderately well geared (114 AP, 147 DP).

Suddenly, three or four guys jump on us. I can't say if it were three or four since more people were around but not flagged but at least three. We go down pretty easy since we were caught by surprise and given no warning we were intruding. To add insult to injury we were close to a node and they ran back to us as we respawned and then attacked again. This time we were a bit better warned and fought back though we died again.

At this point they seemed happy and went back to their farming. At this point too, following my philosophy of ----- XP since it's useless and I'm not losing crystals anyway, I respawned (we were really really close not even ten seconds away) and start running after them and killing all their mobs which is infinitely easy as a witch. They flag again, we start fighting.

We are outnumbered, outgeared and outplayed (that was both mine and my friend's first PvP in BDO) but with the node ten seconds away from the fight we respawn, run back, keep hitting them so they can't flag out. We still manage to kill a few between my AoEs and my friend grappling and forcing some to stay there and take it.

At some point they are just surrounding the node and hitting us as soon as we respawn. Insert serious 'I don't give a ----- about XP'. Give it a bit more as their karma plummets and they turn their back on us and start running away. We keep chasing them and still kill another who offered his back to us. They jump down the cliff, my armor is almost all red, but both our karma is intact and we simply continue running around doing our quests.

Fifteen-ish minutes they return, they give us a wide berth and both groups continue killing things.

Funny part? Around an hour later (----- you quests to discover knowledge about mobs) we get a group who runs past and says their guild is claiming this spot and that we should leave. We just moved to another spot down from where they were and did not contest. There are a lot of places with mobs and no reason not to move if people at least warn first.

Posted

This might be a better fit for you:

Or maybe not the npcs are better at fighting then most players so. Not sure why you'd stop playing at 45 would hate to see how you rationalize decisions in the real world. Do you not leave your house for fear of dying in a car crash?

Posted

I have just reached level 45 and while I have enjoyed the experience immensely so far, the prospect of from now on being under constant threat of being PKed  deters me from continuing to level this toon further.  What doesn't make any sense to me is that PKing is obviously frowned upon, hence the Karma penalties. Why not allow players just to individually flag themselves as unPKable? To have such a wide variety of in-game pursuits to participate in, but insist that players leave themselves open to the whims of the lunatic fringe of PKers, is unacceptable.

why . everyone just dont pk 

Posted

I find it funny how everyone is scared of the "big bad pvp guilds", assuming you don't ----- with them. They are actually the most helpful and least likely people to kill you because they are the only ones who realize just how irrelevant you actually are. Even without karma penalties it would be a waste of time to kill you. (It would only take them a second though so you might die every once in a while if their bored)

Posted

My original post was a very simple and easy to understand indictment of the current BDO game mechanic that dictates that upon reaching level 45, it is mandatory that all of one's character's future activity in game can be interfered with by any player's that think it's fun to make unprovoked attacks and kill my toon. While it doesn't "scare" me (I hold nothing but contempt for the Douchebag retards who engage in unprovoked PKing), the support and name-calling by those wankers who defend this feature is absurd and pathetic.

2 people like this

Posted

Have you consulted a therapist about your fear of PK?  This is a growing trend in the US and should be taken seriously.   Do not let your quality of life be ruled by fear.  Take charge instead.

This might be a better fit for you:

snipped video

Or maybe not the npcs are better at fighting then most players so. Not sure why you'd stop playing at 45 would hate to see how you rationalize decisions in the real world. Do you not leave your house for fear of dying in a car crash?

I think it's absolutely wonderful you guys have lived such a privileged and sheltered life, you honestly believe any of this is what fear looks like ;)

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I think it's absolutely wonderful you guys have lived such a privileged and sheltered life, you honestly believe any of this is what fear looks like ;)

Yeah a 17 month deployment in tikrit when saddam was hung is real sheltered. :P

Edited by Dalriaden

Posted (edited)

I have just reached level 45 and while I have enjoyed the experience immensely so far, the prospect of from now on being under constant threat of being PKed  deters me from continuing to level this toon further.  What doesn't make any sense to me is that PKing is obviously frowned upon, hence the Karma penalties. Why not allow players just to individually flag themselves as unPKable? To have such a wide variety of in-game pursuits to participate in, but insist that players leave themselves open to the whims of the lunatic fringe of PKers, is unacceptable.

Honestly its not as bad as many people say.i got 2 high lvl chars only been attacked once.and one is lvl 55 its not as bad as many ppl say 

Edited by LinaCrysta

Posted

Yeah a 17 month deployment in tikrit when saddam was hung is real sheltered. :P

I knew it xD  Thank you for your dedication and service to our nation, first and foremost, but I knew someone was bound to say something of that nature.

Shirley you're not equating what could actually induce fear with playing BDO, in any manner someone chooses.  Were you perhaps saying people are scared to dig into them a little and elicit a likely response?  Hmm... where did I just see something just like that.

How bout people cut the shit with saying things they don't even believe just to goad others(and sorry by the way, but one good turn etc.).  Some people want to play the same game, in a different way than you(general you here, not specific you).  I don't care what flag anyone flies, get off my lawn and let me enjoy the game as I see fit, when I see fit.

1 person likes this

Posted

Here's a tip.  If you are NOT being a douche bag, people will leave you alone.  I've been PK'ed once by a trash guild (Banana Squad) because I was in the vague vicinity when they were grinding shrine (I was basically killing my own mobs, away from them).  You will get idiot guilds and some idiot players that will just PK because they can.  95% of the time, you get normal people who are just grinding like you.

Posted

I knew it xD  Thank you for your dedication and service to our nation, first and foremost, but I knew someone was bound to say something of that nature.entitle

How bout people cut the shit with saying things they don't even believe just to goad others(and sorry by the way, but one good turn etc.).  Some people want to play the same game, in a different way than you(general you here, not specific you).  I don't care what flag anyone flies, get off my lawn and let me enjoy the game as I see fit, when I see fit.

I am sorry, but how you want to play the game may not be how another person chooses.  Once you hit level 45, you have waived any "right" you may feel entitled to in avoiding aggressive player interaction in a combat zone.

1 person likes this

Posted

I knew it xD  Thank you for your dedication and service to our nation, first and foremost, but I knew someone was bound to say something of that nature.

Shirley you're not equating what could actually induce fear with playing BDO, in any manner someone chooses.  Were you perhaps saying people are scared to dig into them a little and elicit a likely response?  Hmm... where did I just see something just like that.

I'm all for people playing the game how they want, however saying they're quitting at 45 due to the potential of being pk'd is just ridiculous. Granted I can only speak of my experience on Orwen but I've been pk'd once by a guild who was attacking afk fishers which resulted in themselves and their sister guild having multiple guilds declare war on them and spawn camping them. Another time was by a sorc and ranger at helms, but most of that was my own doing because I was trying to work on combos in pvp. How long till psychiatrists start diagnosing people who have a phobia of game violence? I'm sorry but it's a little ridiculous thinking there's going to be someone stalking you 24/7 murdering you when you're farming. Even in archeage when my small guild was fighting the biggest alliance on our server 99% of the time I died in pvp was when I initiated against them.

1 person likes this

Posted

Is not that horrible:. I was attacked once by some players for no reason. i tried to run , i couldnt , i got crushed and lost 1% of exp at lvl 50.

Did i like it? no , but was not a big deal anyway. Dont give the PKs so much power by having fear of them.

Posted (edited)

I find it funny how everyone is scared of the "big bad pvp guilds", assuming you don't ----- with them. They are actually the most helpful and least likely people to kill you because they are the only ones who realize just how irrelevant you actually are. Even without karma penalties it would be a waste of time to kill you. (It would only take them a second though so you might die every once in a while if their bored)

Precisely. We usually ask people to leave in a polite manner. If they ignore the warning then we KS the packs they are attacking (which practically speaking is just 'stealing' them back). If they still decide to continue hanging around we flag up and drop them to 10%. If after all that they still decide to come back then we PK, and as soon as we ran out of Karma we declare war.

The only people we tend to PK are the ones we have personal relationships to, but with them we tend to be at war anyway.

Edited by nyyyyy
1 person likes this

Posted

The game is fun and interestingly refreshing, and as I see it, if I can take my four characters to level 45, I will have had my money's worth.  Then it's just a case of popping back to Guild Wars 2 if things turn out for the worse, which at the moment I am fully expecting.  People who's only goal in life is to ruin other peoples day follow games like this as flies would a wagon of poop.

Posted

people will only PK you if

a) they are idiots
b) you are stealing their grinding spot / tagging their mobs

By the way BDO is a PvP game unfortunately so they will not remove Pking :P
If I would suggest anything I would recommend ignoring them, and just take the pking as part of the game. else you will not have a good time

Posted

I would say that for most players who have no interest in pvp that "fear" has nothing to do with it. They merely don't want their game play disrupted and controlled by other players. Simple as that.

Why do these types of players want to play BDO then? For the interesting and detailed crafting aspects, or perhaps even for the flashy mob killing effects to be another compliment to this.

Since PvE players are the overwhelming proportion of online game players it is a good idea for game developers to make some adjustments for their interests in order for the game to prosper. Again, not hard to understand.

So the OP who posted within this PvE section has just stated that he will avoid being involved in pvp by staying below the level where his game play can be disrupted by it. No doubt others will do the same thing.

So since pvp can and will be avoided by this method by many of the PvE players of the same mindset it may be a good idea to offer them some alternative to maintain their interest in the game when that point arrives.

Who then is the most "fearful" here? The one who has no interest in pvp and will avoid it, or the one who equates this to "fear"? And if they equate this to "fear" then it may stand to reason that to them (these pvp'ers) it is.

Posted (edited)

Besides, I'm about level 28 and I'm trying to max my strength. You can often see me along a road with the trade pack on my back.

I was killed about 10 times by PvE thieves in probably 4 weeks time frame. Obviously I was not careful enough to avoid thieves.

I was killed once by PvE bear who suddenly got mad at me and I was not expecting it and reacted too late to protect myself.

I guess if some rookie player kills me for fun a couple of times I can survive it.

Edited by Evgeny

Posted

people will only PK you if

a) they are idiots
b) you are stealing their grinding spot / tagging their mobs

By the way BDO is a PvP game unfortunately so they will not remove Pking :P
If I would suggest anything I would recommend ignoring them, and just take the pking as part of the game. else you will not have a good time

c) you are being an idiot

Posted

I've only been PK'd twice, almost lvl 54. It's not as bad as you think, don't stop at 45, it's not worth it. I was like you at first, especially since I got 1 shot PK'd almost immediately after turning 45, I thought this would ruin the game, but it's a rare occurrence, as long as you're not directly stealing mobs. I have good etiquette when grinding and always give people their space. It's funny when I am doing dailies in hexe or something and some level 49 with his 80AP attempts to PK me though, that's a different story. 

Posted

People in this thread are under selling the harshness of it. Yes you can change your play to mitigate PVP but if you decide you want to try and get an ogre's ring or a witch's earring so that you can actually try and break into higher level pvp you will be crushed. Usually from my experience there is always a guild that will kill first and ask questions later. Its a system where might makes right so if you want that type of gear you will have to find somewhere else to farm money to buy it from those players who in turn have more money to make sure they keep ahead of you.

Posted

People in this thread are under selling the harshness of it. Yes you can change your play to mitigate PVP but if you decide you want to try and get an ogre's ring or a witch's earring so that you can actually try and break into higher level pvp you will be crushed.

Laughable. Witch Earing will be trash in a month because Whale Earing will be available. Right now they arent even good compared to the quest reward ones. Ogre Ring is a trash item that costs way more than a TRI Bares. The only reason you want Ogre is to get PRI, DUO and so on. An unenhanced Ogre Ring is nothing special, in fact its a ridiculously overpriced item considering the stats that you get. 

For PVP you need BiS armor (which right now is usually Ultimate Grunil), something you dont need to farm in Sausans or any contested spots, and a good weapon. Almost all guilds cancel their Guild Wars for world bosses, so its highly unlikely that anyone will -----block you from killing those either.