• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

My devotion to BDO officially ends upon reaching level 45

110 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hmm I was a little hesitant as well when I hit 45.  I got to 48 and nothing happened I even flagged and killed my friend at 45 as an iniatation it was quite fun.  So now we try to jump one another.  After that I was farming the next day and a group of two flagged and killed me out of no where. I just spawned at the node and they did it six more times.. Make sure your not using gear with gems and the penalty on death is nothing.  Also i most likely destroyed their karma so they won't be doing it to anyone else for a bit and then they left me alone for the rest of the play time.  I even started stealing their mobs.. I don't find that it is that big of a deal but I am well behind the curve on leveling. And all you really lose is some exp no biggie.

Edited by Doc_Holliday

Posted

I'm level 55 and I've been pked probably 6 times?  It's not a big deal most people are not actively trying to ruin your game just play and enjoy yourself us V if needed

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I have just reached level 45 and while I have enjoyed the experience immensely so far, the prospect of from now on being under constant threat of being PKed  deters me from continuing to level this toon further.  What doesn't make any sense to me is that PKing is obviously frowned upon, hence the Karma penalties. Why not allow players just to individually flag themselves as unPKable? To have such a wide variety of in-game pursuits to participate in, but insist that players leave themselves open to the whims of the lunatic fringe of PKers, is unacceptable.

Why bother going out of your house in RL then? You could die to anything, literally anything out there. I dont understand you little "noobs" who are too scared to explore the world because you "might" get PKed... lol. What a joke. Just stay at a safe zone and farm weeds or something. 

EDIT: And btw. How unfair would an option be to make oneself un-PK-able? Where is the logic behind this shit? So you are on a farmspot, and 10 others are camping for freshly respawned mobs and are fighting over the most dmg done without being able to do something about it? Great idea... 

PS: I am not a PKer, I am just someone who has enough courage to go out and accept the risks of being "pherhaps" PKed ... What unacceptable and utterly devsstating feature of the game. Not even Minecraft would be the game of your choice. Sudden nightly zombie attacks? WTH??? /quit

Edited by Xery

Posted

c) you are being an idiot

lol... salty.. guessing you been camped for too long... OR you just don't have the keyboard skills to compete :P

Posted

lol... salty.. guessing you been camped for too long... OR you just don't have the keyboard skills to compete :P

Removing yourself from a situation you possibly started and never even thinking of the possibility that you are somewhat responsible is being an idiot.

Posted

Removing yourself from a situation you possibly started and never even thinking of the possibility that you are somewhat responsible is being an idiot.

No need to become a keyboard warrior... I was merely replying to the forum post, you should try avoid online confrontation cause you are a tool or perhaps you are trying to prove a point I don't care.

Posted

My Father loves and regularly plays these sort of games, but at the age of 64 his days of being a keyboard warrior are behind him, and it hurts to see him being given grief when he has little chance to compete in PvP.  It's for these sort of folk and other of the like that some form of grace should be given.

Posted

I am a PK, I used to play ranger (easy life for a PK: KD, WotW and Shotgun from behind and target is dead, especially if he is busy farming) and I can tell you that escaping from a PK is fairly easy. You lose ~60k karma for killing a player. This means a guy with max karma (300k) can kill you 5 times and he will be under the karma limit or just above, preventing him to kill you anymore. (He can, but no one really wants to lose exp, crystals, enhancement levels etc.).
When I was farming level 52 before Meidah release a level 45 guy was farming at catfish, I was overgeared and I killed him many times (I got about -150k karma), I had a bad time escaping from him, I was on red karma so everyone could have easily attacked me without penalties. This guy kept following me for a lot of time, laughing and spamming abilities on my head. He was undergeared, probably that was his first char, he was doing low damage but I had to waste many pots and sometimes he knocked me down too in front of energetic catfishes.

If you manage to lose 5% exp most of PKs will stop killing you. Otherwise you can just join a strong guild and farm in a strong group.

Posted

Got PK'd yesterday for the first time ... level 50 ... no fun, big nuisance, but seen worse in Elder Scrolls Online, to name but one ... don't like it, but it said it on the tin ... Open PVP ... buyer beware ...

mind you tbh I would really like for pvp to be restricted to those who want it, and opt for it, but hey, no game is perfect.

1 person likes this

Posted

Why bother going out of your house in RL then? You could die to anything, literally anything out there. I dont understand you little "noobs" who are too scared to explore the world because you "might" get PKed... lol. What a joke. Just stay at a safe zone and farm weeds or something. 

EDIT: And btw. How unfair would an option be to make oneself un-PK-able? Where is the logic behind this shit? So you are on a farmspot, and 10 others are camping for freshly respawned mobs and are fighting over the most dmg done without being able to do something about it? Great idea... 

PS: I am not a PKer, I am just someone who has enough courage to go out and accept the risks of being "pherhaps" PKed ... What unacceptable and utterly devsstating feature of the game. Not even Minecraft would be the game of your choice. Sudden nightly zombie attacks? WTH??? /quit

*yawn* Run along and play. you silly child. Maybe YOU regard being PKed/Ganked as something that requires "courage" to face, I do not. I just find it to be an irritating distraction from doing the in game priorities I derive enjoyment from. When you grow up, it will probably irritate you too.

Posted

*yawn* Run along and play. you silly child. Maybe YOU regard being PKed/Ganked as something that requires "courage" to face, I do not. I just find it to be an irritating distraction from doing the in game priorities I derive enjoyment from. When you grow up, it will probably irritate you too.

I find it an irritation too. Not everyone thinks the same way, not everyone enjoys constant danger. I like to pick a task in game and hyperfocus on it. The threat of random PvP is a lot like the threat of random sales calls during dinner, do not want thanks. 

Posted

Bring in the (very valid and too real) paranoia!

Posted

I have just reached level 45 and while I have enjoyed the experience immensely so far, the prospect of from now on being under constant threat of being PKed  deters me from continuing to level this toon further.  What doesn't make any sense to me is that PKing is obviously frowned upon, hence the Karma penalties. Why not allow players just to individually flag themselves as unPKable? To have such a wide variety of in-game pursuits to participate in, but insist that players leave themselves open to the whims of the lunatic fringe of PKers, is unacceptable.

Try not playing a PvP game and you won't have to cripple yourself next time.

Good luck!

Posted

Try not playing a PvP game and you won't have to cripple yourself next time.

Good luck!

Well, you're actually reinforcing my point since my OP stated that until I reached lvl 45 I wasn't playing a PvP game - and enjoying it. At level 45 the game morphs into a PvP game and leaves all the PvEers pretty frustrated as there are many areas and game levels still to explore. I believe that without much upheaval, things could be reconfigured to allow both mindsets to enjoy post lvl45 gameplay.

Posted

Admittedly the PKing has gotten alot better now that Mediah is out and people are moving out of the lv45-50 area, before if you're lv45 and you're grinding at catfish, you're 100% guaranteed to get PK'd by someone, mostly by people/group of people that dont want to share an area and coming in and forcing whoever that was there before to get out.

Posted

the whole open world pk is in the game for a reason , high value targets and area's are meant to be contested. what would you do if somebody simply ''dident want to be pked'' but wanted to greif you by simply trying to ks your mobs over,  and over , and over. then people are going to complain that even tho they are completely capable of fending them off. they cant because the enemy ''dident want to be pked''.

there are practically  always 2-4 options for leveling spots at almost any level , and the first one (or two) most efficient leveling spots are always going to be contested , and the others will be less so.

Posted

PvP is totally gear based in BDO, as such here are some easy solutions to even the odds against PK'ers. You can win even against 3:1 odds if your gear is good enough. If you are running all +13 or higher gear you'll be able to smash on most PK'ers.

From levels 45-51 concentrate on increasing your accuracy stat. Most PK wannabes are between lvl 50 and 52. The level 54+ players have better things to do than PK lowbies. This will also increase the speed at which you kill mobs and level up anyways.

After passing lvl 51 ditch the accuracy gear and go full on AP. At this point you will be equal or higher level than the annoying RPK players.

Consider switching to Orwen and playing n the Calpheon Channel. The community is less annoying here.

Posted

depends on what guild your in. certain guilds in orwen are more than happy to try to troll you , even with pure numbers.

Posted

Ehm ... It was promoted as a open world P V -----ing P game. How on earth, as an elder (I just assume you are, because you called me child), cant you presume for you to be ganked in this game? It was a prerequsition to play this game lol. Other people can hyperfocus on one thing, so can you. Stop whining and stop trying to change the entire game experience to your liking. A little egocentric, sir elder. 

I find it an irritation too. Not everyone thinks the same way, not everyone enjoys constant danger. I like to pick a task in game and hyperfocus on it. The threat of random PvP is a lot like the threat of random sales calls during dinner, do not want thanks. 

Like I said to gramps at my first quote. You still can hyper focus in this game, other people can do it too. At least I can, maybe you are just disabled in a way or some brainfunctionality is blocking the enjoyment of the tasks you want to do because of any reason possible. But hey, what do I know, I just know that you guys are a pain in the ass to actully try to change the gameplay of this game "JUST" because you cant ignore the aspect of being pked once in a while ... THIS is irritating. 

Good day to the village people :) 

1 person likes this

Posted

Not so sure why ganking is such a "must have" feature to a so-called PvP game. Maybe it's just there to satisfy excitable little twerps who would otherwise be torturing insects or small rodents.  As far as I'm concerned, BDO was promoted as an open world hybrid ThemePark/Sandbox. As it currently stands, we play at least 75% of the game's levels one way, then at an arbitrary level 45 (level 50 in KR I believe) We are forced to become gankable. Why level 45?? Why not level 50, level 55 etc.??

1 person likes this

Posted

Here's a tip.  If you are NOT being a douche bag, people will leave you alone.  I've been PK'ed once by a trash guild (Banana Squad) because I was in the vague vicinity when they were grinding shrine (I was basically killing my own mobs, away from them).  You will get idiot guilds and some idiot players that will just PK because they can.  95% of the time, you get normal people who are just grinding like you.

Good God you really are a salty bastard! 

Here's a tip - if you decide to encroach on another group or guild's grind spot, you accept the inherent risks that come with that. That's the game lads, if you don't like it you know where to go.

To your point about us being a 'trash' guild, I am more than happy to arrange duels between you and some of our members of you like? Then we will see who is trash. 

Posted

Casuals are strong in this thread.

Casual = Casualty. Let this be your daily life.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Buys a game based on PvP and GvG, then complains that the game is exactly that.

1/10

Edited by Duke_Von_Sausage
1 person likes this

Posted

Its quite selfish of you believing that everyone out there is out to get you. 

get over yourself 

Posted

I'm past 45 since 1-2 weeks, and never have I been PK'ed (Outside the AFK fisher killer dude). I see red names all day, I grind in popular areas.

Stop being a -----.