• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Accuracy as a stat in BDO

Accuracy    412 votes

1. 1. Do you think that the accuracy stat needs to be removed? (or reworked so that it isn't a threat to the players overall skill)

• Yes.
    • No.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

149 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Currently this game PVP content is being ruined by the accuracy for me since I feel like a stat like that has no place in a game with action based combat where you can see if you have missed or not. Evasion should be purely based on your dodging skills making the game feel like a real action based game with revolutionary action packed combat.

Peoples argument on here:

We need to be rewarded for being bigger levels by letting the game punish the lower levels by giving them bad accuracy even if we have a bunch of dodge skills in the game.

That should absolutely not be the case since the game already gives people with bigger levels the advantage of more skills more health and so on.

People stay on games because once they learn and get into the flow of the skill requiring part of the game they never forget it and they can keep on being good and coming back to the game it is how it is supposed to be not that a person with unlimited time gets to level 60 and becomes the lord of PVP just because of a stat like accuracy.

People have always liked games that require actual skill than games that require none keeping the accuracy system is going to mean highly gear based combat which in my opinion is bad for the game overall.

Edited by Sikelectrify
I had to add more things to the post.
14 people like this

Posted

If people grind 24/7 to ahead of other players, they should have a benefit for doing so.

If there wasn't any benefit, what would be the point in grinding past 50, other than unlocking skills and awakening?

It's not like you won't be able to hit them at all, you'll just miss a lot.

6 people like this

Posted

So its useless to grind when everyone level 50 can do what a level 60 can do? 

ruin the balance of some skills that have low accuracy and 100% crit?

Make several items and armor sets and socket gems pointless?

Posted

Wait... there is an accuracy stat? I thought you had to aim your attacks manually? Pshh this is stupid!

9 people like this

Posted

If people grind 24/7 to ahead of other players, they should have a benefit for doing so.

If there wasn't any benefit, what would be the point in grinding past 50, other than unlocking skills and awakening?

It's not like you won't be able to hit them at all, you'll just miss a lot.

So its useless to grind when everyone level 50 can do what a level 60 can do? 

ruin the balance of some skills that have low accuracy and 100% crit?

Make several items and armor sets and socket gems pointless?

Isn't unlocking skills and awakening enough for people.Everyone knows that any small advantage is worth it you need everything you can get in a game like this. But isn't accuracy to much I mean come on you are standing right there hitting the guy and he isn't taking any damage what's wrong with your character is he blind or are you blind and not seeing your sword draw contact with your opponent like maybe both?

4 people like this

Posted

Isn't unlocking skills and awakening enough for people.Everyone knows that any small advantage is worth it you need everything you can get in a game like this. But isn't accuracy to much I mean come on you are standing right there hitting the guy and he isn't taking any damage what's wrong with your character is he blind or are you blind and not seeing your sword draw contact with your opponent like maybe both?

Same logic applies when a sword hits someone and they take little to no damage because they got a lot of armor.

If i get hit by a sword i would die irl. 

Posted

That sounds so stupid wow...

What is the point of this kind of battle system if your going to fake miss based off a percentage? Come on!

1 person likes this

Posted

That sounds so stupid wow...

What is the point of this kind of battle system if your going to fake miss based off a percentage? Come on!

You seem to miss-understand. You don't fake miss, you MISS-MISS. You have a target, it locks onto it within a certain degree. Your attacks either hit, or they evade, causing it to miss.

Missing is not shown, but you can tell that it was a miss based on a few things, the most noticeable is that their HP bar doesn't flash. and you don't receive any mana back on some classes. 

Its not stupid, but it could be improved by simply receiving a message that says "MISS"

2 people like this

Posted

Why don't we simply remove all stats and levels?

Let's remove gears too since it's a stupid idea.

6 people like this

Posted

Not really.  Accuracy isn't on applied to levels but also towards how certain classes work... you know.. like Blader, Plum, Tamer...and I also believe Ninja and Kunoichi.  Taking away accuracy would mean you would need to redesign evasion based classes since Accuracy is used to counter high evasion?

Posted (edited)

You seem to miss-understand. You don't fake miss, you MISS-MISS. You have a target, it locks onto it within a certain degree. Your attacks either hit, or they evade, causing it to miss.

Missing is not shown, but you can tell that it was a miss based on a few things, the most noticeable is that their HP bar doesn't flash. and you don't receive any mana back on some classes. 

Its not stupid, but it could be improved by simply receiving a message that says "MISS"

I don't think you understand what i meant. It's like missing in a turn based game, you push Attack and your character has a percentage of a chance to hit or miss. That percentage is based off your character's accuracy and usually the opponents evade, or dodge stat.  This creates a percentage of how likely your attack is going to miss or not.

With a game like BDO this does not make sense. If you swing and aim properly, hitting your target... it should... well HIT your target! Not "miss" simply because the dice roll based on math says you missed.

It just doesn't seem like the kind of game that would have such a thing. It be like if in a FPS like Call of Duty you get a headshot, but it does no damage because that Player's accuracy was too high so you "missed"... even though you didn't!

Edited by Z.chu
9 people like this

Posted

Why don't we simply remove all stats and levels?

Let's remove gears too since it's a stupid idea.

You again last time I saw you is when you kept writing that Black Desert shouldn't be like other MMORPGs 'STOP TRYING TO MAKE THE GAME EASY-MODE' . What is a game like this doing with a system like accuracy most of the people that are hating on this game are using the fact that it is a pvp game yet you cant feel when you hit things and the dumbasses probably didn't even play the game just watched some videos of pvp and saw people hitting the player and the player not receiving any damage. Because the guy probably goes and finds lower leveled people. The game has an amazing combat system people should be rewarded if they are good at PVP and the people that are good at PVE but making the game have this accuracy stat means that its not a skill based game its a gear based game. That is all.

1 person likes this

Posted

But, but, missing was my favourite part of The Elder Scrolls: Morrowind!  Isn't it fun to have an action game where you can still "miss" because of a stat? 9_9

Posted

I honestly wouldn't mind if they reworked the balancing to be less important at higher levels so that it's more about skills than stats.  I do think there should be stat benefits and such, but I feel like they should play second role to player skill.  Just my opinion on the matter in general.

Posted

More people making stupid poles without actually having any experience in the game.  First, a level 52 can do damage to a level 57 player if he wants to, without making his whole set accuracy.  Second, it's in the game for a reason, you still have to have it for PvP and you manage stats while aiming your attacks, it stops gearing from being just a grab the highest AP item.  But yes, if people get no accuracy prepare for your damage to be much lower than someone balancing the stat with AP / DP.  Stat should stay in the game.

Posted

I honestly wouldn't mind if they reworked the balancing to be less important at higher levels so that it's more about skills than stats.  I do think there should be stat benefits and such, but I feel like they should play second role to player skill.  Just my opinion on the matter in general.

Removing NO, but making it so that player skill is not invalidated by lvl difference caused accuracy-miss is what the game needs. Same goes for 16+ enchant lvls.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I kind of think that it's ironic that a target-reticle/twitch based game has a stat that can RNG a miss in addition to the player missing on aim.

An accuracy or +hit stat is great for tab-targeting games because you you're always going to aim correctly at a target.  However, an accuracy stat doesn't really make a lot of sense when it's the players accuracy that should be the determining factor of a hit or miss.  Really, accuracy has more of a deleterious effect on PvP than PvE.  

I would, however, suggest that Accuracy not be a factor in PvP engagements, which may level the playing field a bit in terms of PvP...which is always good.

Edited by Diggerton
1 person likes this

Posted

If accuracy is removed then shouldn't all grabs and kicks that knock down automatically succeed? Just say'n >.>

Posted

If accuracy is removed then shouldn't all grabs and kicks that knock down automatically succeed? Just say'n >.>

There is a stark difference.  Just because I push you doesn't mean you'll always fall down.  Some of those attacks also have ancillary effects like gaining MP.

Posted

I always found this part of the game to be very confusing. I'd like to be able to farm high level monsters if I'm skilled enough but then noticed that even though *it looks like and sounds like I hit*, I actually miss, don't regain resources, and eventually lose or have a battle of attrition.

It's one thing to have this accuracy mechanic to gate PvE content, but it has no place in PvP, and neither does gear. PvP should be skill/strategy based. Though, I know there are plenty of PvPers who prefer systems to gain advantages over others (levels, gear, etc).

Posted

You again last time I saw you is when you kept writing that Black Desert shouldn't be like other MMORPGs 'STOP TRYING TO MAKE THE GAME EASY-MODE' . What is a game like this doing with a system like accuracy most of the people that are hating on this game are using the fact that it is a pvp game yet you cant feel when you hit things and the dumbasses probably didn't even play the game just watched some videos of pvp and saw people hitting the player and the player not receiving any damage. Because the guy probably goes and finds lower leveled people. The game has an amazing combat system people should be rewarded if they are good at PVP and the people that are good at PVE but making the game have this accuracy stat means that its not a skill based game its a gear based game. That is all.

Um, I'm pretty sure OP was being sarcastic.

Posted

I always found this part of the game to be very confusing. I'd like to be able to farm high level monsters if I'm skilled enough but then noticed that even though *it looks like and sounds like I hit*, I actually miss, don't regain resources, and eventually lose or have a battle of attrition.

It's one thing to have this accuracy mechanic to gate PvE content, but it has no place in PvP, and neither does gear. PvP should be skill/strategy based. Though, I know there are plenty of PvPers who prefer systems to gain advantages over others (levels, gear, etc).

i partialy agree but this is a mmo , whats the point in lvling and getting better gear , to kill mobs faster if it dosent effect pvp (since pvp atm is one of the main end game mechanics)

Posted

i partialy agree but this is a mmo , whats the point in lvling and getting better gear , to kill mobs faster if it dosent effect pvp (since pvp atm is one of the main end game mechanics)

"fair" PvP isn't very common in games it turns out. In most PvP games there are numerous ways to gain an "advantage" over the opponent. Even in MOBAs like League of Legends, most games result in one team having better gear and higher levels than the other, thus gaining an advantage which is normally used to win the match. The balance here is that each match begins with players at the same level with the same "level" of gear and so have another chance to go through the process of gaining XP/Gold (advantage) to lead their team to victory. This starts being unfun for the other other team when it becomes apparent that they're going to lose and can do little to "come back" if the other team has a gear/level gap. 

With MMOs, this issue is more pronounced as the gear/level gap can last for a very long time between two players as the days, weeks, and months go on.

I don't really have an idea to address this though; I'm not a game designer. Though most successfull PvP in MMOs are in "structured" instances rather than open world. I'm not sure what's the appeal of open world PvP other than for "killers" to get their jollies.

Posted

Removing basic combat stats is just making a MMO more instant-reward like WoW/Wildstar. It doesn't work.
But missing hits should be based on Accurancy vs. Evasion stats, not just on Accurancy.

Posted

"fair" PvP isn't very common in games it turns out. In most PvP games there are numerous ways to gain an "advantage" over the opponent. Even in MOBAs like League of Legends, most games result in one team having better gear and higher levels than the other, thus gaining an advantage which is normally used to win the match. The balance here is that each match begins with players at the same level with the same "level" of gear and so have another chance to go through the process of gaining XP/Gold (advantage) to lead their team to victory. This starts being unfun for the other other team when it becomes apparent that they're going to lose and can do little to "come back" if the other team has a gear/level gap. 

With MMOs, this issue is more pronounced as the gear/level gap can last for a very long time between two players as the days, weeks, and months go on.

I don't really have an idea to address this though; I'm not a game designer. Though most successfull PvP in MMOs are in "structured" instances rather than open world. I'm not sure what's the appeal of open world PvP other than for "killers" to get their jollies.

Still there is a way to come back in those games it is mostly skill based you are on the same level from the beginning you lose levels because the guy just beat you on your own lane of course he is going to get the lead but still in these games there is a high skill cap where you can still outplay the opponent even if he is 4 levels above you. Diamond V top lane player I have been in these situations countless times and have been able to destroy the lane even when behind.

What is this kind of game doing with a stat like that if its action based combat you can clearly see that you hit him and it can be frustrating at times when he just takes no damage it is a big advantage for big level players.