• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Prices on craftable costumes

11 posts in this topic

Posted

So, I recently started crafting costumes, berserker suits, warrior suits and wizard suits. I am pretty sure I'm one of the few who is actually crafting them, I keep a close eye on the prices and I make sure that I keep a profitable margin when selling them. I think I'm even the only one who sold even a single one of these over the past few days, since the last price it was sold for (928k) is still registered as the latest price.

Most of you will probably know this, but one suit needs the design, 30 cotton fabrics and 20 fine fancy feathersto be crafted. But for some reason the prices on these suits went from 900k on average, 400-500k to even 300k for the berserker one. This basically means that I'm better off selling the seperate parts then crafting the suit and actually selling it. How in the world do prices drop so fast? Is it because DAUM is forcefully dropping the prices on these items? Because I know they did so for the ogre rings and other extremely expensive accessories. I can't wrap my head around how the prices dropped so crazy hard.

Posted

I've noticed almost every item can be sold for less than the price of its materials. It baffles me why the prices are that way.

Posted

Probably has something to do with the fact they aren't all that hard to make now.

Posted (edited)

AFAIK the algorithm for MP prices works based on supply and demand, it doesn't take into account the price of materials for a crafted item.

Edited by Anemone

Posted

Previously cotton was only gatherable through manual player gathering, which was energy gated and thus gated supply. Now you can gather it with workers which has flooded the market and pushed cotton down in line with the other fabric plant prices (Flax, etc).

Posted

I understand how the system works. The thing I'd like to point out is that the warrior costume is back up to 900k a piece (same mats), the wizards is still at 600k (same mats) and the berserker is still at 300k (same mats). It absolutely baffles me and if prices are run by an algorithm, why in the world does it show such large differences?

Posted

I understand how the system works. The thing I'd like to point out is that the warrior costume is back up to 900k a piece (same mats), the wizards is still at 600k (same mats) and the berserker is still at 300k (same mats). It absolutely baffles me and if prices are run by an algorithm, why in the world does it show such large differences?

lot fewer zerkers then warriors/wizards so less demand?

Posted

lot fewer zerkers then warriors/wizards so less demand?

Yeah but that really changes prices so much that the zerker suit is only 30% in price compared to the warrior/wizard one? It feels like something else is going on tbh, but maybe it's just me.

Posted

Yeah but that really changes prices so much that the zerker suit is only 30% in price compared to the warrior/wizard one? It feels like something else is going on tbh, but maybe it's just me.

no idea, the market system in this game is a lil strange, and people like to constantly place stuff at the lowest price when theirs is the only item up driving prices down for some reason.

Posted

no idea, the market system in this game is a lil strange, and people like to constantly place stuff at the lowest price when theirs is the only item up driving prices down for some reason.

yeah I know people like to just slap things on for the lowest price, the strange thing here though is that I'm the last who sold one. One for over 900k only 1 day ago. So the changes seem crazy drastic.

Anyway, I'll keep my eye on it for a while, see what happens.

Posted (edited)

I've noticed almost every item can be sold for less than the price of its materials. It baffles me why the prices are that way.

it happens in almost all field, most notably alchemy

Edited by xyanade