• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Story of Fennel AKA honorable horses.

30 posts in this topic

Posted

As per interest of fellow horse breeders, here's a story of Fennel. Please continue it with other notable and memorable horse stories.

Story of Fennel.

Years ago I was in search of some ores south  of Glish, you know, where the deer has been spotted. It was bright sunny afternoon, I made sure to go there during daytime, because the deer  can be a little intimidating when it gets darker.

As I was minding my own business, searching for stones, I noticed something that  was little off color.

2016-04-15_2008443274.JPG

Hiding horse.

At first I thought I had found a deer, but sneaking closer, it was a young horse. Surprised seeing one so far off from people. I readied my capturing rope and with a first try I got it over her neck. She didn't struggle, didn't know what to think of it I gave her a sugar cube and hopped on her back. She barely flinched and with ease I rode her to Heidel.

Long I thought what name to give her. My grandfather had been avid horse breeder and  had a thick catalog with systematized horse names, dates, colors and all breeding data. I had been following his suite naming my own horses and this horse was named with a letter F. Figured she'd been a little odd one, I'll name her a Fennel - as a weird kind of vegetable, but oddly delicious in certain dishes.

And welcomed Fennel to my stable.

2016-04-15_2009915709.JPG

My Fennel.

Fennel had beautiful slender brown body and sleek black mane and tail. She wasn't anything extraordinary, but there was kind of subtle beauty in her. For the following years, she was timid and mellow, following orders and pulling my merchant wagon whenever needed.

But, it wasn't all rainbows and flowers. After a while I noticed that Fennel hadn't learn anything from previous experiences. She still was scared of neighbors dog, as she ran into their stable without any kind of caution over and over. There was no speed in her galloping when I took her to mining trip and were running from wild orcs. She did however love jumping, but when I took her to train higher jumps, she failed miserably.

2016-04-15_2009394170.JPG

Failed jumps.

Stubborn as I am, I kept her in my stables, in hopes that one day she will master a skill and become the greatest horse I ever had, but years after years went and she remained just the same as when I caught her.

Until one day, she was already a solid age lady, not a young careless foal, I noticed her prancing around and the way she was jumping wasn't ordinary. I took a closer look and sure enough at age 29, she had mastered streak jumping, which of course made her acceleration faster and kind of made her slow steady speed a little more bearable.

2016-04-15_2009928887.JPG

Skills.

But that was all she could do. Sadly I combed her mane and tail daily, but when the glue factory called and demanded their yearly quota of old horses, somehow my hand didn't raise to give them Fennel - I had grown so attached to this lady. I denied their request and hugged Fennel, unbuckling her wagon harness to let her go play with her friends.

Days went, Fennel did what Fennels do - work, eat, play, sleep; but one day I noticed her abdomen slightly expanding.. Did one of my stallions took a liking of Fennel ?!? I looked around - there was my deep black Ibis: young and vital, never had shown any interest of her, but who knows? My pure white Nighthawk, who was too busy prancing around and staring at its' image on the nearby lake? My quiet and skillful patterned Krebs, who had obtained all skills practicing himself on a nearby farm? I asked this question to all of them, suspiciously looking at Fennel as she grew bigger day by day.

Daddys.png

Daddy?

And the day came, she acted odd since morning and I decided to keep her in stable. Her labor was quick and easy, and when I laid my eyes on the foal.. I knew it right away.

Is that why I noticed him peeking at the door? Was this more than just friendliness when he gave her the bigger patches of green grass, nudged her shoulder and nibbled her mane as she came from a long trading trip? Was it love?

I called him over. Fennel raised her head and for the first time I heard her "talking", she was looking right at him and nudged her tiny brand new foal!

MockingJay was born..

2016-04-15_2010583726.JPG

MockingJay.

From that day on, them three - Fennel, MockingJay and Krebs were inseparable. I bought a new stable nearby Olvia, between beautiful river and tall mountains, with lots of green grass and bushes for shade. And I promised to them - they will never be sent to glue factory and can grow old together.

The end.

30 people like this

Posted

cute story, cute story...

getting kinda creepy...

hunger games reference...

:/ *slowly backs out of topic*

Posted

10/10 Would read again. xD You have a talent for this Kithira

Posted

10/10 Would read again. xD You have a talent for this Kithira

Awww.. why thank you! :x

Posted

As per interest of fellow horse breeders, here's a story of Fennel. Please continue it with other notable and memorable horse stories.

Story of Fennel.

Years ago I was in search of some ores south  of Glish, you know, where the deer has been spotted. It was bright sunny afternoon, I made sure to go there during daytime, because the deer  can be a little intimidating when it gets darker.

As I was minding my own business, searching for stones, I noticed something that  was little off color.

Hidden Content

At first I thought I had found a deer, but sneaking closer, it was a young horse. Surprised seeing one so far off from people. I readied my capturing rope and with a first try I got it over her neck. She didn't struggle, didn't know what to think of it I gave her a sugar cube and hopped on her back. She barely flinched and with ease I rode her to Heidel.

Long I thought what name to give her. My grandfather had been avid horse breeder and  had a thick catalog with systematized horse names, dates, colors and all breeding data. I had been following his suite naming my own horses and this horse was named with a letter F. Figured she'd been a little odd one, I'll name her a Fennel - as a weird kind of vegetable, but oddly delicious in certain dishes.

And welcomed Fennel to my stable.

Hidden Content

Fennel had beautiful slender brown body and sleek black mane and tail. She wasn't anything extraordinary, but there was kind of subtle beauty in her. For the following years, she was timid and mellow, following orders and pulling my merchant wagon whenever needed.

But, it wasn't all rainbows and flowers. After a while I noticed that Fennel hadn't learn anything from previous experiences. She still was scared of neighbors dog, as she ran into their stable without any kind of caution over and over. There was no speed in her galloping when I took her to mining trip and were running from wild orcs. She did however love jumping, but when I took her to train higher jumps, she failed miserably.

Hidden Content

Stubborn as I am, I kept her in my stables, in hopes that one day she will master a skill and become the greatest horse I ever had, but years after years went and she remained just the same as when I caught her.

Until one day, she was already a solid age lady, not a young careless foal, I noticed her prancing around and the way she was jumping wasn't ordinary. I took a closer look and sure enough at age 29, she had mastered streak jumping, which of course made her acceleration faster and kind of made her slow steady speed a little more bearable.

Hidden Content

But that was all she could do. Sadly I combed her mane and tail daily, but when the glue factory called and demanded their yearly quota of old horses, somehow my hand didn't raise to give them Fennel - I had grown so attached to this lady. I denied their request and hugged Fennel, unbuckling her wagon harness to let her go play with her friends.

Days went, Fennel did what Fennels do - work, eat, play, sleep; but one day I noticed her abdomen slightly expanding.. Did one of my stallions took a liking of Fennel ?!? I looked around - there was my deep black Ibis: young and vital, never had shown any interest of her, but who knows? My pure white Nighthawk, who was too busy prancing around and staring at its' image on the nearby lake? My quiet and skillful patterned Krebs, who had obtained all skills practicing himself on a nearby farm? I asked this question to all of them, suspiciously looking at Fennel as she grew bigger day by day.

Hidden Content

And the day came, she acted odd since morning and I decided to keep her in stable. Her labor was quick and easy, and when I laid my eyes on the foal.. I knew it right away.

Is that why I noticed him peeking at the door? Was this more than just friendliness when he gave her the bigger patches of green grass, nudged her shoulder and nibbled her mane as she came from a long trading trip? Was it love?

I called him over. Fennel raised her head and for the first time I heard her "talking", she was looking right at him and nudged her tiny brand new foal!

MockingJay was born..

Hidden Content

From that day on, them three - Fennel, MockingJay and Krebs were inseparable. I bought a new stable nearby Olvia, between beautiful river and tall mountains, with lots of green grass and bushes for shade. And I promised to them - they will never be sent to glue factory and can grow old together.

The end.

Nice one, great story. :)

Posted

It's awesome, I really like it! ^^

Posted

This was pretty good!

Posted

Do some more!

Posted

:) Well there's always Mockingjay's story..

Posted (edited)

i can smell the sweet smell of cooked horses in the morning bring your beloved 30's to the glue factory

Edited by Maxwell wabbits

Posted

Cute story! Thanks for sharing. :) I really like the picture of the failed jumps lol.

Posted

Love the story! Best thing I saw on the forums today ^^, 

Posted

Love the story! Best thing I saw on the forums today ^^, 

Aww thank you!

I'm already working on few more stories since this one was welcomed so well.. you guys are so sweet :x

Posted

How made up / not very related to the horse/game are these stories allowed to be? xD I dont have any grand Fennel stories like yours Kithira but I could try to improvise.

Posted

If the horse is somehow memorable for you, make up any story you want :D

Posted

How made up / not very related to the horse/game are these stories allowed to be? xD I dont have any grand Fennel stories like yours Kithira but I could try to improvise.

I dont think anyone has a Fennel type of story. Tho I might like to hear the story of Potato. However the rest of us are prolly in need a of a LOT of embellishments to try to compete with a story like this. :P

You know we love you Fennel!

Posted

If the horse is somehow memorable for you, make up any story you want :D

I agree with Cyr´Ren that nothing can compete with Fennels story, That was simply gold. :D ill see what I can come up with. *Looking through stables*

Posted (edited)

Finally in the RP section.

Edited by Ezareth

Posted

nice

actually brought a tear to my eye

sentimental ol' coot that I am

Posted

nice

actually brought a tear to my eye

sentimental ol' coot that I am

Yesss! Then it was a success.

There shall be more horse stories. Story of Krebs is in the cooker ^^

Posted

I think this belongs under community creations > Role Playing.  Going to call a mod.

9/10

1 person likes this

Posted

Fennel <3

Posted

My horse Ryan died to PK today :<

Posted

Well done, I really love the backstory here.

Posted

This story is not based on actual events or locations that exists within the game, merely a made-up story as a tribute to my first T6 Female "Lumiere"

"This story unfolds a few years back, up until now I have not dared to speak about it as I still have haunting dreams.. Sometimes I wonder if it actually happened or not.."
Back then I was not very wealthy, in fact I was rather poor. Everyday I saw fancy wagons and purebreeds pulling them on the main roads of trading, They carried loads of trade goods that was possibly worth ten thousands of silver. I myself did not have much but I did have my halfbreed Lumiere who happily aided me during work hours. She was not a strong draft horse nor a fast sprinter to speed up the process but she had a heart of gold, loyality and a sixth sense.
A sense I later came to find out I underestimated...

I could only stack as much trade goods upon her as she was able to carry, With no wagon or other help I had to limit my supplies. It usually consisted of light fish I had caught myself as I did not have much to invest in valuable trade goods. She never minded the smell or having to carry me and the fish across the lands for hours. I admired her, she was such a gentle and noble creature despite not being very valuable on the horse market. She was the kind of horse you only get once in your lifetime if you´re lucky. She lightened up my life and thus her name "Lumiere". I often found myself dozing off during work hours but she always seemed to know where to go either way. If I ever made her go in to full galop she knew exactly when to stop incase of danger or unpredictable ground and cliffs.
My daily trading route usually went from Velia to Trent as the demand for fresh sea fish was higher in the middle of the forest and thus more valuable.
Often during this route close to Behr, Lumiere would suddenly stop at a certain and always the same spot by the road, just gazing towards the deep forest. I never thought much about it as horses often are easily startled creatures. She´d usually snap out of it a few minutes after and proceed to trot.

My daily routine was pretty basic, I woke up early, before most people was awake. I went down to the docks by Velia to catch some fish and once I had enough I packed it upon Lumiere and headed out. That day however the catch was rather slow. By the time I usually had enough fish, I only had three so I decided to stick around the docks for a while longer in order to add up to the daily supplies. Hours passed and more fishermen arrived, eventually I settled with the seven fishes I had caught. Lumiere patiently waited for me to head out and soon we were back on the road again. It was a lovely, sunny and warm summer day, almost abit too warm so I could not let her trot all the way or she´d overheat.

By the time we reached Trent the night was closing in. After a quick trade and letting Lumiere have a quick rest to drink, we headed back home. I did not want to push her but if I was going to make it out of the forest before complete darkness I had to make her enter galop for a while. Everything went smoothly and she breezed down the road until she suddenly stopped with haste, At the very same spot she often did.
She gazed out towards the forest, her eyes widened and ears drawn back. She looked terrified as if she had spotted a bear or something.
I repeatidly tried to make her move forward but she was frozen, She refused to move any further and the nightfall came. It was getting alot darker and I knew we soon wouldnt be able to see anything at all. I figured if we made it to Behr we could spend the night there but then she suddenly started moving into the forest, following a path that I had never seen before. The path went on for a few kilometers into the deep forest and over the mountains. I could not see a thing but I still trusted her as I had always done before. As we passed the mountain hills I spotted a small tavern with their lanterns still glowing. I let out a sigh of relief and figured we could stay there instead. I left Lumiere who oddly was still looking extremly frightened by the stable outside the tavern and headed inside.

When I entered the tavern the previous chatter, laughter and rather loud ambience turned in to complete silence. Everyone sitting around the tables, drinking and eating was glaring at me, Silently judging me as I walked up to the counter. I felt strange, as if I was from another planet by the way they looked at me.
I looked at the innkeeper and told him I wished to rent a room and a stable spot for the night but which upon the only answer I got was "You are not supposed to be here, go back.."  I begged him to let me and Lumiere stay the night as we had traveled a long way and was very tired. He insisted that I had to leave.
By now, things escalated rather quickly and I am to this day unsure of what really happened but as I turned around to head for the door, Everything was bricked up. There was no longer any door to be found, the people inside the tavern were gone, everything had turned silent. The lanterns were suddenly laying upon the wooden floor, cracked with glass splinters around and the only way to see anything being the moonlight streaming through small cracks in the roof.
The once very lively tavern had turned into ruins. Furniture and objects looked burnt and dusty, the smell of burning corpses stinged through my nose.
I paniced, I had no idea what was happening. I was trapped inside a nightmare but I could hear Lumiere from the outside screaming in a heart shattering manner as she nervously trotted back and forth.

I knew I had to find a way to light up the room and after a while of searching I finally found some matches and oil that I could lit a half-broken lantern with.
Once lit, I turned around to see the cracks of the wall tearing up with blood.. forming into a text "We told you to leave..."
I screamed and paniced with no where to run, desperatily trying to find the exit while constantly having to avoid broken furniture being flung my way out of nowhere. I felt like I was about to faint as I heard a hard slamming noise against the wall, thinking it was yet another thing that would appear.
I looked towards the wall in fear, pale and breathing heavily. The wall cracked up and to my relief it was Lumiere who had kicked it down with her hind legs.
I had never been so happy to see her in my entire life as then, I rushed towards her and with full galop we ran out of the forest. I swear I could have heard footsteps chasing us the entire time from the tavern until we reached the other side of the mountain but I could not see anything when I looked back.
By the time we reached Behr the night was fading into morning and the few awake lumberjacks were shocked to see Lumiere sprint with me through the small village in panic. We never stopped, we headed straight back home to Velia and since that day I have never used the same trade route again.

A few years has passed and sadly so have Lumiere. She grew old, retired and spent her last days eating grass on the rich fields around the farmlands of Balenos.
I have never spoken of what happened back then in the forest but recently I was visiting Behr again. Out of curiosity I asked one of the lumberjacks about the tavern behind the mountain and what connection it had to the area. My only answer was "That tavern burned down twentyfive years ago during an accident that occured, Nothing not even the ruins of it remains"

I still dont know if what happend was true or a nightmare but sometimes when I pass the road to Trent, I imagine Lumiere standing there.. Just staring into the forest..

(Well this was horrible, Im not very good at this xD)  

47ef8d1b157efa7d91f8708d293f2b6b-d788bli.jpg

6 people like this