• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Need auto loop run

91 posts in this topic

Posted

Need auto loop run to go from point A to point B and back again till you stop it.

For leveling horses for breeding and to build your stamina up otherwise be a very long haul to get them up

4 people like this

Posted

Yes, that's what this game needs, more AFK activities that rewards you for just being online and not actively participating in the environment.

4 people like this

Posted

From what I can tell from youtube videos and guides, this game has this feature in other versions. For whatever reason I either couldn't get it to work or it doesn't exist in the current NA/EU version. I don't think being able to do these things AFK is a good thing though. I'm glad they removed it. I mean right now with the current game design, the game wants you to set up an AFK activity when you are done playing and to then allow that to happen in the back round. Never turning your computer off. That just seems bad.

Posted

Only if they remove karma penalties for killing someone who has been AFK for more than 5 minutes.

2 people like this

Posted

This is the worst idea i have seen up to now (No offense). Are you kidding me? How lazy can a player possibly be?!

Wauw... Unbelievable.

Posted

Would be nice if they added in AI that grinded mobs for you, seeing how that's pretty dull too! >.>

Posted

All I can say to anyone against this, have fun manually raising your strength and leveling your horse for breeding.

9 people like this

Posted

It's not about having fun all the time, it's about earning it. Why not just give everyone the best tier horse from the start. Everyone starts at lvl 50. Start with maximum money.

An RPG where no character needs building, just the skill of PVP. What is the point? Instant gratification truly lives strong these days.

I must say, lazy has become the majority's most cherished thing to do, which is doing nothing for getting everything. Give me a break.

1 person likes this

Posted

Don't need this, and at the same time remove afk fishing too.

1 person likes this

Posted

It's not about having fun all the time, it's about earning it. Why not just give everyone the best tier horse from the start. Everyone starts at lvl 50. Start with maximum money.

An RPG where no character needs building, just the skill of PVP. What is the point? Instant gratification truly lives strong these days.

I must say, lazy has become the majority's most cherished thing to do, which is doing nothing for getting everything. Give me a break.

A leisure game's first goal is to be fun. If it was work, it would defeat the point.

Considering that there is much more to the game than raising your strength, and more to breeding than simply leveling your horse, this would take away pretty much nothing and make a mundane, time wasting task less of a time waste.

Posted (edited)

Yes, that's what this game needs, more AFK activities that rewards you for just being online and not actively participating in the environment.

True,

Why not add bots that lvl for you? And auto attack in PvP when your attacked by somone

Then the only thing you have to do is install the game and not playing it, or is there a bot for installing the game out there too?

This is a bad idea

Edited by Dionysos
1 person likes this

Posted

This is the worst idea i have seen up to now (No offense). Are you kidding me? How lazy can a player possibly be?!

Wauw... Unbelievable.

TBH, it's not his idea.  IIRC, this is in the KR version and I've seen it featured on a Hakurai guide on leveling.

Posted

TBH, it's not his idea.  IIRC, this is in the KR version and I've seen it featured on a Hakurai guide on leveling.

Okay, but we can agree that it's still a very bad idea to bring it to NA/EU... right? Leveling in this game is already too easy.

Posted

BRING ON THE MEGASERVER !!!!

Posted (edited)

just make a pvp server and let the other that do not do that have fun with what they like todo

Edited by Amieelee

Posted

A leisure game's first goal is to be fun. If it was work, it would defeat the point.

Considering that there is much more to the game than raising your strength, and more to breeding than simply leveling your horse, this would take away pretty much nothing and make a mundane, time wasting task less of a time waste.

Work? who is talking about work? You mean that a mechanic that takes time is not fun whatsoever?

To some people running around hitting 1,2,3,4 WASD and space bar for longer periods of time is not fun. You need to update yourself on the definition of fun.

For game mechanics, I am one of those persons who do find it fun when things take time and effort. Because if everything happens too quickly it simply defeats its purpose, in this example having to breed horses in the first place. And who wants to see a bunch of AFK players running around into trees and houses. Talk about immersion breaking.

Don't need this, and at the same time remove afk fishing too.

Also, this.

Posted

Work? who is talking about work? You mean that a mechanic that takes time is not fun whatsoever?

To some people running around hitting 1,2,3,4 WASD and space bar for longer periods of time is not fun. You need to update yourself on the definition of fun.

For game mechanics, I am one of those persons who do find it fun when things take time and effort. Because if everything happens too quickly it simply defeats its purpose, in this example having to breed horses in the first place. And who wants to see a bunch of AFK players running around into trees and houses. Talk about immersion breaking.

Also, this.

Since when does loading up a tradepack and running in circles take effort? Since when does getting on a horse and running anywhere take effort. They are monotonous time wastes when it comes to leveling anything. It takes so little effort it may as well be automated and without the looping pathing it takes ages to level them up (far longer than anything else in the game).

Fishing you could make an argument for since you have to pay attention to key combos when manually fishing.

2 people like this

Posted

I think this afk feature would be nice because they give people without too much time for games at least some progression against ppl that can hard grind their stuff. And no i don't think walking around without a purpose or transporting stuff fun in any way. I could download a walking and transporting simulator for that -.-

Posted

I think this afk feature would be nice because they give people without too much time for games at least some progression against ppl that can hard grind their stuff. And no i don't think walking around without a purpose or transporting stuff fun in any way. I could download a walking and transporting simulator for that -.-

No matter what, there will always be someone better, higher level, or better geared than you.  It is not an acceptable excuse to add/retain mechanics to the game that essentially play it for you.

Posted (edited)

They might as well allow you to set an auto-loop. From what I understand it's already in the other versions, so they don't have to work to add it and if they don't add it we'll just stick some weights on the keys before we go to bed anyway.

Edit to add: At least with auto-loop it adds some road scenery as players go by and they can be killed in the open world. Maybe make the auto-loops only work on longer roads between cities. Do you really want everyone to weight their W and A keys in the town square? MOOAAARRR LAAAG!

Edited by TheSzerdi

Posted

Half the people in this thread have no idea this already exists in KR version and are attacking the thread creator.

Morons.

3 people like this

Posted

People who hard grinds their stuff should deserve it. If they could get the same with less work, where's the point?

Posted

Hah. More people that have never played suggesting ideas that have already or will never be implimented.

Looping already exists.

Posted

I didn't play CBT1 long enough to see if loop worked there. But on RU it does.

If NA/EU removes loop i'll be sad. Who would run manually around training strength..I mean seriously lmao. 

Posted

This is not about being lazy. Leveling your mount in the manner that Black Desert wants you to (running around) is NOT content. If horses could also be leveled via some other means I would be all for removing the path looping, but they cannot. It is extremely monotonous, and just like ArcheAge people are going to find a way to do it while idle (like a weight on their keyboard) regardless of whether it's built in or not. 

I'd be willing to bet that all the people criticizing this have not tried to level high tier mounts. The higher the tier, the more experience per level. It gets simply outrageous how much experience is required, they implemented this feature for a reason. Level 25-26 on a tier 5 is over 500 000 experience. Level 29-30 on a tier 7 horse is over 900 000 experience. Tier 8 will be even more and they're already planning on higher horse tiers. 

I'm leveling my horse right now on the KR server. Here is some rough math.

I'm getting ~520 experience every ~15 seconds, so lets just say about 2100/minute.

Currently the mount I'm leveling just hit level 25, so I need 507 915 experience to the next level.

507 915 / 2100 = 241 minutes = just about 4 hours.

Four hours of continuous, non-stop running for one level on what will soon be considered a mid tier horse (the kind the Conqueror's package buyers will get on release). 

You'll want two level 30's if you're intending to breed for a higher tier, so you'll need to go through this at least twice. Chances are you'll get a tier 6 or 7 as a result, but you really want that tier 8. Hey, lucky you! You get a male tier 7. You level it to 30. Now you'll need another tier 5 female leveled to 30 to breed since females only have 1 breed attempt. You grind it out, you breed your old tier 5 male with this new tier 5 female and... a tier 6 male! Now you're -----ed! The only horses who have breed attempts left can't breed with each other. You can level up another tier 5 female to breed with your tier 7, but you run the huge of risk wasting it's valuable breed attempts and not getting a tier 8, so you start leveling another tier 5 male and female to try for another tier 7. Do you see how this is starting to get absurd?

Unless experience amounts are heavily tweaked, removing path looping will ruin the training profession. People want to play the game, you know ACTUAL CONTENT. Not mindlessly running around for hours to level their horse enough to breed.

Since this piqued my interest, I'm going to start keeping track of experience amounts as I level. I'll try to determine the amount of experience growth per level so I can really put this in perspective for those of you who have not tried training.

Hah. More people that have never played suggesting ideas that have already or will never be implimented.

Looping already exists.

It was disabled in CBT1. Perhaps you should play more and talk less.

5 people like this