• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

[BDO KOREA] new AH system. What do you think ?

112 posts in this topic

Posted

A legal auction house bot for everyone :D

Well i would not go as far to consider it a bot ... it just makes buying simpler and more convenient

Posted

I was hoping for something like this. Sounds good to me!

Posted

Maybe there is a limit, but i didn't see it written in the description here, so I must assume the worst for now.

No, you really mustn't ASSume the worst - you just make yourself come across as an ASSumer

Posted

It's going to make no difference to supply

That's the issue with the economy

All the system means is 1 lucky person will be able to get supply by paying over the odds while the rest will now see zero supply, even less supply than there already is

Pearl Abyss can make a good game but when it comes to the micro economy they have absolutely no clue at all

Before you start whining again, read the link or translate it using Google Translate. It's not whoever pays the most as the max price is still in play, you can't pay more than that, but rather who was the first to list an auto-buy. It essentially rewards those who have long standing bids up and not someone who's just happens on it. As the "top cook" you like to refer to yourself as, why aren't you gathering everything yourself? One alt for milk, one alt for meat, one alt for processing flour and dough and your main for cooking. Level up your energy and you'll never have an issue. 

But that's you all over again, whine whine whine without actually reading anything.

Posted

They havent changed the min and max auction house system on the auction house or at least nowhere does it say they have.

All items have a max price on which they can be sold. Thats why the order if max price is reached clause is created, because eventually when an item has low supply it will reach max list price soon so then an order is established and the first one to do it gets the item. 

If there was no set max price you could just infinetely add 1 silver to the price you want to buy and 1 up people endlessly

"The reservation amount has to be equal to or greater than the highest price limit on that item.."

It's in the first post. 

1 person likes this

Posted

"The reservation amount has to be equal to or greater than the highest price limit on that item.."

It's in the first post. 

It doesn't say that though, it says "The reservation amount must be higher or equal than the listed price" which means in order to automatically purchase an item you need to set your price either equal to the maximum, or higher than the current listed price. 

Posted

I've only read in the hidden part that bidder must set the price EQUAL OR HIGHER to current max price, nothing else about any limits.

So if carrots min price is 200 silver and max 700 silver, if you will place offer on non existing carrots you must set 700 or more, but nowhere it writes there is max limit on this offer so in theory as it looks like from this description you can offer even 30 mil for one carrot.

Maybe there is a limit, but i didn't see it written in the description here, so I must assume the worst for now.

There's no limits on the bidder, but the seller has a limit.  even if the bidder puts up a 20milion carrot, the seller would only get a percentage of that as bonus, it might even be capped to 300% or something. So your 1k carrot you will get 3k and all that million goes down the vortex.

2ndly, there's queue time from selling and buying. You putting it on sale, doesn't mean someone else's items isn't first in line.

Posted

Every near feature this game keeps coming up with just makes me check if Camelot Unchained is any closer to being finished.

OOH me too. Ive been watching that game for a couple of years or so and cant wait...M

Posted (edited)

I would love for this new system. 

Edited by Scorpio_Shirica

Posted

Wow, this is really cool. Hopefully it releases for NA sooner than later! :D

Posted

Dangerous stuff if it actually allows to set-up a super big order for some mass product. If someone just happened to be an uber rich crafter, he could perma buyoff some good, effectivelly monopolizing a market, unless people started to manually gather the good. Monopoly in this game is pretty brutal. I know, I did it over 20 times.

Posted

Thread about this system was already made, more than once.

From using google translator it seems that the Koreans aren't as excited about it as the rich people will have an advantage with this system, which screws over newer players.

How so? Those same new players wouldn't be able to afford the items anyways so I don't see how it would matter to them. Everything in this game has to be earned.

Posted

Dangerous stuff if it actually allows to set-up a super big order for some mass product. If someone just happened to be an uber rich crafter, he could perma buyoff some good, effectivelly monopolizing a market, unless people started to manually gather the good. Monopoly in this game is pretty brutal. I know, I did it over 20 times.

but it's a double blind bid. you are locked into one product and you need to reset it actively. If someone bids 1 silver higher then you, then you can't own it.

Monoploy only works when you can predict the price. Without it, you can't do squat. You can buy it all up, and all your money is down the drain, and the market will just bounce back because it's set as a max bid price, and all extras goes poof

again if you put 20mil on a carrot, you're probably going give 19.9999 mil to the market gods.

the doubt blind bid is a system to prevent wide spread curruption.

As for supply...that's actually a thing developer wanted. Rarity without the market ruthlessness.

Posted

no this will f*** up people in the lower wealth pool even more....

if the reservation price can only be set at equal to or higher than max price of the item, rich people will simply set it at an amount poorer people cannot reach, and end up monopolizing that item.

no more who-is-faster-at-clicking competition, now it's a competition of whose pocket is bigger.

I don't see why it is bad.

If you suck at clicking or have high ping, you will continue to suck at clicking and you will continue having bad ping, nothing will change. You can't grind yourself to better ping.

If, however, only rich people can buy shit because they either pay max or a set amount above max, provided the amount is not infinite and is for example 15% higher than max sale value for the item, then a person can simply grind grind grind until they have enough money to be able to pay 15% more than max for the particular item they want, thus actually giving them a chance in getting an item they had absolutely no chance in getting before.

Sure, it's not optimal, but I for one welcome our new system.

Posted

I don't see why it is bad.

If you suck at clicking or have high ping, you will continue to suck at clicking and you will continue having bad ping, nothing will change. You can't grind yourself to better ping.

If, however, only rich people can buy shit because they either pay max or a set amount above max, provided the amount is not infinite and is for example 15% higher than max sale value for the item, then a person can simply grind grind grind until they have enough money to be able to pay 15% more than max for the particular item they want, thus actually giving them a chance in getting an item they had absolutely no chance in getting before.

Sure, it's not optimal, but I for one welcome our new system.

It's not bad, it's only bad for market scappers that make a living off resell.

the Market economics of 1900s of lessiefiere proved that Robber barons unlimited ruthlessness corruption and unrestricted market did very harmful things to the public.

Modern economics is exactly some form of this type of stuff. People who don't know any better never got pass economics101 where they don't teach you abstract basics.

Posted

35% tax, resell? good idea.

Posted

Finally... :D

Posted

It's not bad, it's only bad for market scappers that make a living off resell.

the Market economics of 1900s of lessiefiere proved that Robber barons unlimited ruthlessness corruption and unrestricted market did very harmful things to the public.

Modern economics is exactly some form of this type of stuff. People who don't know any better never got pass economics101 where they don't teach you abstract basics.

"laissez-faire" and wut.

1 person likes this

Posted

Love this lets patch it up

Praise our Korea ah over lords

OOH me too. Ive been watching that game for a couple of years or so and cant wait...M

game is terrible in alpha

Posted

Only people who will benefit from this are the wealthy. Better get our asses moving on the trading/farming/ fishing/ grinding to actually afford things now. Hope this doesn't make it here. I twill only make the poor poorer and less able to have good gear.

How does this feature make poor people LESS able? If you can afford a liverto now, you can afford it with this system, if not you cant . What is your line of thinking to reach this conclusion?

Posted

Just buying orders, been in EVE for years and are a big part of the game's economy.

Yep. It works extremely well in Eve, no reason why it can't here. I'd happily welcome it.

Posted

Looks Crappy

Posted

It doesn't say that though, it says "The reservation amount must be higher or equal than the listed price" which means in order to automatically purchase an item you need to set your price either equal to the maximum, or higher than the current listed price. 

Considering it's not possible to set a reservation unless there is 0 listed (ie there is NO listed price) then this description makes no sense. It sounds more likely that you will have to reserve at equal or greater than the max price. This is supported by the fact that, supposedly, the seller receives a portion/bonus of the extra silver paid above the max.

Posted

Okay lets pretend a hypothetical item called X, min price 500, max price 1000.

You can set a buy order from 500 to 1000. You could set a buy order for 600, and if the seller lists it for 550 your buy order is equal or greater than the listed price and you buy it. However if the sellers lists it for 610 your buy order is less than the listed price, you will not buy it.

Of course this means you can set your buy order at the max price of 1000. Now no matter what the next seller lists X for, your buy order will always be equal to or greater than the lists price. 

Posted

This is almost like saying "Welcome back - Gold sellers"

1 person likes this