• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

[BDO KOREA] new AH system. What do you think ?

112 posts in this topic

Posted

Just buying orders, been in EVE for years and are a big part of the game's economy.

Agreed.  EVE has so many simple things that other MMO devs fail to appreciate.

Posted

This is almost like saying "Welcome back - Gold sellers"

How, please do explain.....

Posted

OMG buy orders thank god.

Now I can passively be there for every goddam Liverto that shows up at 3AM or during a raid.

Posted

You are having an emotional hissy-fit response without thinking it through.

Rich players aren't going to monopolise many items at all - if they're crafting there's a price at which it is not profitable to craft to sell. If you're crafting for a quest/upgrade/reason there is a limit to how many they will buy for that reason. No-one is going to buy up all the carrots and re-post them. It isn't worth it. And that goes for the majority of items on the markeplace IF you don't get them at a price which still allows you to make a profit.

IT will almost entirely be used to buy certain upgrade items people are missing, in my case a liverto staff (ignoring the fact that many people are cheating already to buy it)  - it will allow me to compete on a level playing field. And i'll buy ONE staff. Ever. So your new players will still have a shot at it. Whilst I have 121million right now, I also wont be setting a price of 121 million for it  because if I did, I would get the item and then Id be broke. So again, its not like ill dominate the market for all eternity.

Rich players don't get rich by spending it all. Rich players get rich by knowing how to craft the right items at the right times to make money (or by farming drops and selling those).

The sky isn't falling, new players will still be able to buy things - but shock!horror! they will still have to save up the pennies to be able to buy things. 

Who would have thought it, eh?

Its actually an improvement on the current system, you just don't like it because you're stupid.

No. wrong.

It's wrong because you deliberately use a low value item for the comparison, carrots. That's just you having a retard moment.

Think iron crystals or something with more value than cheap vegetables and my point will suddenly become clear to you. Metal solvent, plywood hardener, these things will just not be available to anyone other than the rich.

Posted

To counter bots, one must become the bot

Posted

I really do not like this system. For example... If I'm looking for a Kzarka Longsword at the current state every time a Kzarka is put on the marketplace I have a possibility to get the item by bidding the item and then win "the lottery"... but at least I have every single time a possibility to get it. With this system the first person who will log in front of the marketplace the moment when this patch will (maybe) come out and bid the Kzarka, will get it. If I am the 500th guy who bid... how much time I have to wait before 500 Kzarka will be put on the marketsale? Months?! Really prefer the RNG battle at every single Karka put on the AH instead of having to wait months...

1 person likes this

Posted

I'm thinking that it won't matter just who is being given an edge with this system as the bot users will just dominate the market without it.

A few days ago, I was actually talking with a friend about a guild member who has been fishing nonstop since launch and how he probably must've been extremely wealthy. We then joked about how he probably still couldn't buy anything he wanted because of bots.

I'm not saying that it isn't giving an edge to wealthier players (Which it definitely is), I'm saying that the items will now at least be purchasable by the masses. I think it's an improvement to the current system through and through.

Posted

Thank god for buy orders, loved those in Eve.

Posted

What is the max possible reservation price?

Posted

I really do not like this system. For example... If I'm looking for a Kzarka Longsword at the current state every time a Kzarka is put on the marketplace I have a possibility to get the item by bidding the item and then win "the lottery"... but at least I have every single time a possibility to get it. With this system the first person who will log in front of the marketplace the moment when this patch will (maybe) come out and bid the Kzarka, will get it. If I am the 500th guy who bid... how much time I have to wait before 500 Kzarka will be put on the marketsale? Months?! Really prefer the RNG battle at every single Karka put on the AH instead of having to wait months...

I totally get the fear of being unable to get stuff because richer players will have the upperhand. I dont want that either. Hopefully they will have some kind of cap on max reservation prices, to prevent that or it will indeed suck.

But this so called lottery and current market system isn't working. It's either being bypassed completely by bots or it's just not god enough. I play on Jordine EU and I cant even enter the lottery when a Liverto staff or simliar is placed on the market. Maybe better on NA servers? But here the item is "already sold" before you even get the option to type in the CAPTCHA. Sometimes it's sold so fast it doesn't show up at all as purchasable, I just see amount of daily sales going from 77 to 78 while still greyed out lol.

So please @Daum what's the points of having a lottery attached to exclusive items when they're sniped in half a second anyway?

I want to play the actual game on my spare time personally, not spend hours playing the marketgame, where I'm doomed to loose to bots or whoever has the least in-game delay.

I'm sure the new marketplace will have it's own problems, but anything is better than this crap.

Posted

Love this lets patch it up

Praise our Korea ah over lords

game is terrible in alpha

Oh man, thanks for killing my dreams lol.....M

Posted

This is almost like saying "Welcome back - Gold sellers"

Lol? You do realise that even if someone (hypothetically speaking) offers 30m for a carrot that has a max price of 0.5k, the person that sells the carrot will get the 0.5k and the remaining 29.999999 millions will be eaten by the game? 

Posted (edited)

I'm a bit confused on how this works even after reading into it and hearing about it. If I understand it correctly then I have the following concerns about it. 

1) Every server seems to have that small group of people who are ridiculously more rich then everyone else. So lets say Liverto's going for 9m and someone puts in a buy order for 300m. It'll make it so everyone else doesn't even have a chance because most people don't have 300m sitting around to spend it on. It seems like it'll be even harder for people to buy. I guess the good thing is that it would be guarenteed, rather then spamming refresh and trying to type captch asap before another play or another player using an AH bot.

2) Will prices go out of control? 

3) Will this make it easier to sell gold? A gold seller, even a normal player can sell an item that not a lot of people buy and has none selling to someone who puts a buy order in for a ridiculous amount of money. So for example would someone be able to give someone 100m for an item that costs 50,000 silver? If so, that sounds like an easy way to sell silver. 

I might not be understanding this correctly but it seems like they are fixing AH bot and fixing first come first serve on popular items that 10+ people might be buying the second it is posted. The downside seems to be that prices will be stupid, the people who are abnormally richer than the others will win at everything. I also believe it will open a window for silver sellers. 

Edit: Either way the AH bid system as it is now is horrible and needs to be changed. If this makes it so I don't have to race a handful of people and a few AH bots to get a Liverto milliseconds faster than all the others, then it doesn't seem to bad. 

Edited by Asami

Posted (edited)

I just see amount of daily sales going from 77 to 78 while still greyed out lol.

If you see it and it's greyed out then you already had your attempt and the only chance to get it is if no one wins the item.

Problem with liverto's is the bidding system as it is. Imagine it's possibly something like a number between 1-100, and every person who 'bids' gets a random roll between 1-100 to win the item. The problem then is that there's probably hundreds of people stalking the marketplace for those liverto's. That means, even with this system, there's a really high chance A) someone will win the bid and B) It will go fast so being fast still remains an important thing.

They should've had a bigger chance pool and not have a roll to win or lose till the bidding period is over, that would've worked better than this predetermined thing. Would be more involving code wise probably though if that had to happen for every expensive item.

I have the some worry with the new system though, within an hour of it being up there will be queues that'll take months to fill at the current rate of some items.

Edited by Pheace

Posted (edited)

Considering it's not possible to set a reservation unless there is 0 listed (ie there is NO listed price) then this description makes no sense. It sounds more likely that you will have to reserve at equal or greater than the max price. This is supported by the fact that, supposedly, the seller receives a portion/bonus of the extra silver paid above the max.

this is correct. the reservation price has to be equal to or greater than the max price of that item. (so let's say the max price an item sold at was 500k...then you will need to input a reservation price value at equal to 500k or greater)

now this most likely means, as min/max price range fluctuate depending on supply/demand, so will the minimum reservation price you need to put in.

Edited by elynia_sunless

Posted (edited)

I'm uneducated in economy and everything related, and I have a question. When people complain about the possibility that someone can buy an item out and then inflate its price, effectively holding a monopoly over the item, isn't that called free market and capitalism? The same system that's in place in every 1st world country, and more or less works? (Clearly, if it didn't, we wouldn't have it... r-right?)

While I can see that it's a system that favors the rich and disfavors the poor, but isn't that the nature of economy? That the rich are more well off than the poor? Hell, isn't rich and poor required for economy to exist? If there is only rich, that means everyone has everything they need, no demand for anything. If there's only poor, no one has anything, therefore no supply of anything.

Welp, I don't know, but this is the same system other games use and it works, and it sounds good on paper too, so what's not to like. Tax could be lower though, but I understand its necessity. Though I don't really understand the necessity of having a limit on how many items you can sell, or now, buy. Also, I'm not too worried about general inflation. Usually when items' prices slowly crawl up, it doesn't mean that they are becoming more valuable, it's just that silver becomes easier to gain as the game ages, thus becomes less valuable.

Edited by Metemer

Posted

isn't that called free market and capitalism? The same system that's in place in every 1st world country, and more or less works? (Clearly, if it didn't, we wouldn't have it... r-right?)

These countries still have checks and controls in place to prevent monopolies and to fight anti-competitive practices.

Posted

I really like the buy order options... but I think the limitations on this system seem a little unnecessary.  But put in a regular buy order system.

Posted

1, higher bidder win.(daum won't reveal bidding price)

2, seller compensate for 10% (?) Bonus+item price.

3, rest of silver eaten by auction house. (Healthy economic+prevent gold sellers)

4, when the wealthiest people done with spending, 2nd tier will have chance and go on.

5, Whoever get items prior would spend more.

I got it.

Posted

For everyone having issues understanding this it works like this: if an item is currently sold out. You can place a order on it (only 1 quanitity and one item and a time). You then have to decide how much you want to pay for the item (minimum is the max price for item). If no one offers to pay more for that item you auto get it on posting. 

So if you really want a liverto that has a max price of 10 mil. You can offer 15 mil for it. If no one else offers more than 15 mil you are guranteed to get the item when it pops ups.

That 15 mil offer gets removed from bank straight away in prep for buying the item. If you offered highest amount and get it you recieve item via mail. If someone offers more money than you did you get your money back via mail (possibly with a slight deduction for AH service).

Posted

When we look at this from a crafter perspective, lets say for example I make furniture. Will we be able to see what items have a buy order on them so we can craft it for those people?

Posted (edited)

I like the idea of buy orders, but I also share the fear that turning this into an effective bidding system means that some items may stay out of reach of anyone but the richest forever - even though the actual price of the item is no higher, they effectively just pay a tax (that is eaten by the market place and doesn't go to the seller) in order to get preferred treatment.

The underlying system is sound, they should get rid of higher bids, and make it exclusively first-come-first serve. If you are the 500th to place that buy order, then you should get exactly the 500th item.

Hell, even RNG would better than maximum bid - everyone puts in a buy order at maximum price, when an item is posted, one random winner gets their item automatically. Still a massive improvement over the current status quo.

That 15 mil offer gets removed from bank straight away in prep for buying the item. If you offered highest amount and get it you recieve item via mail. If someone offers more money than you did you get your money back via mail (possibly with a slight deduction for AH service).

You get the money back? So each time one appears and you don't win, you have to run back to the marketplace and set a new buy order? Why not let it in until it is fulfilled or you withdraw it?

Edited by Mephane

Posted (edited)

This is a really shit version of buy orders.  WHY all these nonsense rules?  Why would I pay potentially millions more for an item, just to use this?  I mean, unless you're trying to camp a liverto or something that is hard to get; and are willing to pay more... just doesn't make sense in normal situations.

Edited by Kyai

Posted

Amazing feature death to all AH bots and campers.

But i have some suggestions (maybe it already works that way the instructions arn't clear):

- Is it possible to see highest current reservation ?  it shouldn't be

- You should pay the amount you entered regardless how much is second bid (if you bid 10m you still pay 10m even if second bid is 2m)

-Extra silver should be consumed to prevent silver trading, maybe some % extra could be added . (if item max price is 100k and it sells for 300k via reservation selling player should recive 100k+% = lets say max 115k before market tax).

You cannot bid lower than max price.

Posted

So... With few bilins of silver, you can practically block market for one item per your ACC... Wont be probbaly as bad here, but in other regions, they just plug in their credit card and noone will be ever able to purchase anything... :D

When market is bought out he will have payed more then the max price. He has to wait till the max price exceeds his buy out price + 35%. So buy out Iron at 200, sell at 270 and make no profit. While it is being bought out, pve players will farm (or produce) it more. Long before the ah player reaches the profitable price it will drop again. Controlling the market with 35% tax and make profit... Good luck on that. Guess the rich are still trying it in KR and pve players are  actually making the profit by selling.

With few billion yeah sure. But at what cost and purpose? Hes not gonna make a profit.

1 person likes this