• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

lol ranger

42 posts in this topic

Posted

I guess, near topic about sorc need to open topic about true cancer class of this game - ranger.

As range class have probably the highest DPS from all classes in game, can 1-2 shot most classes and 3-4 shot hight DP tanks. Opposite to most classes, her best ultimate is spammable - shotgun. Beside range of attack and absurdly high burst DPS is also one of the most mobile classes in game, actually only sorc is more mobile than ranger.

1 person likes this

Posted

Its funny that in every 20v20 battlefield i have played they always end up with more than 200 points. Basically faceroll at aoe.

Posted (edited)

Its funny that in every 20v20 battlefield i have played they always end up with more than 200 points. Basically faceroll at aoe.

BUT BUT BUT THEY WERE NERFED and dont have any iframes;( still the best class overall.. too bad the nerf didnt even touch any significant pvp skill and even buffed them for that

last 3 1on1s tourneys on KR all won by ranger, better nerf sorc

Edited by Jiav

Posted (edited)

Sorc just needs fixing cause that class is broken. Ranger needs some hard nerfs. Anyone that's been PvPing and fighting or running into (or from) geared Rangers can see how ridiculous that class is, it's even worse if you're melee. Beyond frustrating...

inb4 rangers invade the thread saying the class already got """"nerfed"""" and that the class is fine

Edited by Sainur

Posted

Sorc just needs fixing cause that class is broken. Ranger needs some hard nerfs. Anyone that's been PvPing and fighting or running into (or from) geared Rangers can see how ridiculous that class is, it's even worse if you're melee. Beyond frustrating...

inb4 rangers invade the thread saying the class already got """"nerfed"""" and that the class is fine

This is so true. As a valk I can stand against rangers when my shield is up. Thing is, as soon as i use a skill and put my shield down I get -----ing rekt. Maybe it wouldnt be so bad if there wasnt the desync and my CC would actually connect. But desync + a rangers high mobility makes it really really hard to fight against them.

1 person likes this

Posted

You guys may need to level, or your gear may be terrible.

I've ran into plenty of warriors / valks that are unkillable for 2 level 55 rangers and have no problem with grabs.  I won't whine on the forums though because I know there are too many variables.  But when I look at the rankings and see that everyone is 55 as well on the current channel, it makes me wonder what you guys are doing to get 3 or 4 shot, if a warrior is the same level as us taking that much punishment.

Turn the tables though, and 2 warriors / valks would ROFL stomp 1 ranger.

Yes, I have ran into warriors that absolutely melt.  But it's pretty obvious what the issue is there, when I fire the first shot.  So I'm thinking it's the same issue you guys are having.

Posted

Every time I go in for that juicy +200 ranger kill as a sorc in red battlefield, a witch / wizard pops out of nowhere with residual lightening, stunning me as I watch my character get deleted by five rangers. Sorc life.

4 people like this

Posted

I think you should all play rangers...

Then you will be back here saying: AMG Wiz stun shit, Argghhh Zerker grab OP, ffs. Sorc stuns shitty shit

Posted (edited)

I mean.. I'm punshing myself for posting in this shitthread already, but here goes.

Rangers slaughter.. no .. annihilate noobs. A ranger will literally rip you in -----ing half if you're not geared. Simple as that. Rangers are pug killers. 

Get same gear, learn to block, learn to iFrame, learn to fight a ranger and ----- with their sustain and 9/10 rangers will eat shit. Ranger is probably the worst 1v1 class currently, and I'm sure loads of you will laugh at that but well.. you are the ones we slaughter. You are the ones we massacre and brush off as we push for the real targets.

TL;DR - Get gear and learn to play your class.

Edited by Sergeant Snuggles
4 people like this

Posted

I mean.. I'm punshing myself for posting in this shitthread already, but here goes.

Rangers slaughter.. no .. annihilate noobs. A ranger will literally rip you in -----ing half if you're not geared. Simple as that. Rangers are pug killers. 

Get same gear, learn to block, learn to iFrame, learn to fight a ranger and ----- with their sustain and 9/10 rangers will eat shit. Ranger is probably the worst 1v1 class currently, and I'm sure loads of you will laugh at that but well.. you are the ones we slaughter. You are the ones we massacre and brush off as we push for the real targets.

TL;DR - Get gear and learn to play your class.

i agree,you are bad in 1v1.

1 person likes this

Posted

*waiting for the "lol zerker" thread*....oh wait....

Posted

Valk here. No problems with rangers (just some are pain in the ass)  in open pvp and trust me - ill do alot of pvp ;)
Same for Wizzards btw.

If you guys complain about 1on1 - sry ur wrong, the class is not op. The point is put 3-4 rangers together (even if they are rly rly bad) u get stompt easy (yea i can feal the pain - i start complaining then aswell)

The reason why the rangers and wizzards are getting so high points in BG is not their dmg at all... its the frequent aoe hitrate whats finish off alot of 20% targets...

Im preaty sure if ppl would understand that i'm able to burst (a full combo can even ohk them) even good geard targets to around 20-30%, they would say valk op... but well ;)

tl;dr -> ill laugh about 99% rangers & wizzards and even sorcs are normaly bullshit and only disgusting to fight bcs u dont get ur cc off.

note -> im talking about pvp with pots.

now hate me, ty

Posted

ROFL. That tells you nothing on their actual damage output.

Being ranged with burts damage any ranger with half a brain will unload on a target already low on health. Thus they take a large amount of killing blows = points. Also being ranged they can "hide behind the melees and sorcs in their team, thus dieying not so often = keep their points.

Posted (edited)

I guess, near topic about sorc need to open topic about true cancer class of this game - ranger.

As range class have probably the highest DPS from all classes in game, can 1-2 shot most classes and 3-4 shot hight DP tanks. Opposite to most classes, her best ultimate is spammable - shotgun. Beside range of attack and absurdly high burst DPS is also one of the most mobile classes in game, actually only sorc is more mobile than ranger.

tumblr_nsmxfqI3bd1qkko3bo1_400.gif

Edited by AngelofAwe

Posted

ROFL. That tells you nothing on their actual damage output.

Being ranged with burts damage any ranger with half a brain will unload on a target already low on health. Thus they take a large amount of killing blows = points. Also being ranged they can "hide behind the melees and sorcs in their team, thus dieying not so often = keep their points.

You're right their spammable skill has huge range too not only high burst.

Posted

Rangers are the best class for killing noobs, there's no doubt about that. If you want to faceroll bad players there is no doubt you should choose ranger. 

1 person likes this

Posted

You're right their spammable skill has huge range too not only high burst.

So u think they can spam it? And here u are wrong... 4-5 times probaly then they have no mana / stamina left - thats the point to go ham and destroy them.

Posted (edited)

So u think they can spam it? And here u are wrong... 4-5 times probaly then they have no mana / stamina left - thats the point to go ham and destroy them.

Don't bother. No decent ranger would spam shotgun anyway, sounds like lvl 50-52 PvP where nobody has a clue what they're doing and half the people are undergeared. 

Edited by AngelofAwe

Posted

As a Tamer, I usually have no trouble fighting against Rangers. All I do is wear down their stamina (Tamers have more stamina) and block every now and then and boom, ohko. However, dealing with 3+ Rangers... now thats a little difficult.

Posted

Every time I go in for that juicy +200 ranger kill as a sorc in red battlefield, a witch / wizard pops out of nowhere with residual lightening, stunning me as I watch my character get deleted by five rangers. Sorc life.

that struck a chord in my heart.

Posted

I think most of you guys just have really bad gear and are fighting well geared rangers. I would say the largest majority of well geared players are rangers, simply because rangers are the dominant pvp class in other regions, and hardcore players who have time to grind for good equipment pick rangers for this reason. Otherwise, rangers should not be as strong as people make them out to be currently. We do not have the XL mana pots, and gear is capped at +15, whereas rangers really begin to shine after +16 by most accounts. Personally, I started off with a 52 valk that had around 100/125 or so (dont remember exactly, sold my stuff to gear my ranger), and I now play a 53 ranger with 95/116. Although im not nearly as experienced as many players of these classes, I can say that I don't feel a poorly geared ranger like myself is nearly as OP as some people claim. I could usually 1v3 and survive or even win occasionally vs players with either worse or close to equal gear on my valkyrie, whereas with my ranger it's a lot harder, because a knockdown almost always equals death unless I outgear my opponents (which almost never happens as many players are starting to get full +15). If anything I would like to go back to valkyrie some day but the thought of spamming shield throw all day in PVE makes me stick with my ranger for now.

Posted

How much DP do you need to fight a decently geared ranger?  I have only 170 on my 54 valk and get melted by some rangers.  

It seems like their AP scaling is out of control because some do pretty weak damage and others just instagib me and blow through my shield like its nothing.

Posted

How much DP do you need to fight a decently geared ranger?  I have only 170 on my 54 valk and get melted by some rangers.  

It seems like their AP scaling is out of control because some do pretty weak damage and others just instagib me and blow through my shield like its nothing.

170 is quite low for a valk as they usually stack DP.
A valk asked me to test my damage on her with shotgun in arena but I didn't ask for her DP.

I'm 148 AP with +15 Kzarka and spammed shotgun into her shield for the entirety of my mp bar + 3 large mp potions. Broke her shield and dropped her to 40-50% hp in about 10 shotguns but had neither mana or stamina left at that point with pots of CD.

I'd assume she had 200+ DP.

Posted

170 is quite low for a valk as they usually stack DP.A valk asked me to test my damage on her with shotgun in arena but I didn't ask for her DP.

I'm 148 AP with +15 Kzarka and spammed shotgun into her shield for the entirety of my mp bar + 3 large mp potions. Broke her shield and dropped her to 40-50% hp in about 10 shotguns but had neither mana or stamina left at that point with pots of CD.

I'd assume she had 200+ DP.

so most valks go dp? thats new... 

Posted (edited)

195DP here, I still melt vs some rangers. AP simply scales too well and some of the rangers attacks take no skill to land.

Edited by Teele