• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Kzarka world boss and Zaka weapon rarity [Poll]

Kzarka world boss and Zaka weapon rarity [Poll]   722 votes

1. 1. Currently, the best in slot weapon (Zaka) for many classes remains locked behind Kzarka. With an extremly low droprate and long RNG spawn window, how do you feel about this part of BDO's current endgame gearing model?

• I think the current system is fine.
    • I'd prefer the current system be adjusted to make the Zaka weapon easier to attain.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

95 posts in this topic

Posted

All thoughts/comments/mature discussion welcome!

Posted (edited)

No idea why they reduced the weapon drop rates for both Zaka and Gboss last patch. Getting Liverto/Zaka is already hard slog for those who can't break top 20 damage or beat the AH bots.

Edited by jackl101

Posted

is it hard to get this or something? kill the boss and hope you get the drop. what is so hard

1 person likes this

Posted

is it hard to get this or something? kill the boss and hope you get the drop. what is so hard

lol People with the best characters, weps, gear and position only get the drops.......... so you only get certain people getting all the drops.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

so you only get certain people getting all the drops.

Not even that mad about it going to top dmg or whatever the random loot pool is.

Partially mad that it's possible for a bundle to not even drop from a 2 day cooldown world boss. Thats some Korean level RNG masochism.

Edited by jackl101
2 people like this

Posted

I think the current system is pretty good, I find that a hard to obtain item is really good and it makes it worth your efforts. But the problem doesn't sit there, it's on how you obtain it. Currently the top 20 DPS are placed in a top queue for the loot table and then there's 20 random people that get selected for loot. The 20 random gives players that play low damaging classes such as warrior/berserker a chance to get loot. But when you factor in that the strongest keep getting stronger you start to see an issue. Ranged classes, that are by far the safest to play during Kzarka since it doesn't really have mechanics to kill players from range have an inherent advantage. Not only because they have high DPS compared to berserkers/warriors/tamers but also because they are the least likely to die (so less travel time and more uptime on DPS). And when you take into account that there's at least 100-150 people trying to kill this boss on every channel you start noticing a huge problem. The chances of you getting a Kzarka is really really slim.

1 person likes this

Posted

So it appears most of the replies sofar are from individuals who haven't had a problem making it to all boss spawns.  For many semi-casuals, making every Kzarka or even half of them just isn't an option.  I'd like to see the thoughts from some "non-nolifers" regarding the difficulty of having a shot at Kzarka and the Zaka weapon.

Posted

So it appears most of the replies sofar are from individuals who haven't had a problem making it to all boss spawns.  For many semi-casuals, making every Kzarka or even half of them just isn't an option.  I'd like to see the thoughts from some "non-nolifers" regarding the difficulty of having a shot at Kzarka and the Zaka weapon.

Its simply impossible to get a loot drop......... unless you have some crazy luck if you are casual and dont have guild support. It will always mainly be the best classes with the best gear that will dominate these drops...sad to say and its not in the interest of these people that are geared up and getting these drops already to say the system is broken if it is working for them and the poor majority are missing out

Posted

Its simply impossible to get a loot drop......... unless you have some crazy luck if you are casual and dont have guild support. It will always mainly be the best classes with the best gear that will dominate these drops...sad to say and its not in the interest of these people that are geared up and getting these drops already to say the system is broken if it is working for them and the poor majority are missing out

Agree, i stopped going to guild boss scrolls for the same reasons, it was the same people getting the weapon drops just about every time.

Posted (edited)

No idea why they reduced the weapon drop rates for both Zaka and Gboss last patch. Getting Liverto/Zaka is already hard slog for those who can't break top 20 damage or beat the AH bots.

Zaka weapon drop isnt based on damage however so that one is complete RNG and low% at that which is fine with me because it makes the BiS equipment a long process. If i had end game gear after 1 month of a game i would get bored really quickly

Edited by Mike Huntz
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Personally, I'd much prefer there being a system where players who didn't get a lucky RNG drop or high tier loot earned some sort of token for participating in the boss.  An NPC could be added which required an obscenely large amount of these tokens to outright purchase a Zaka weapon.  That way, for players who NEVER get a lucky RNG drop, they could at least earn a guaranteed BiS weapon for their class by participating in the boss fights over a very long period of time.

Edited by Tinkerb
11 people like this

Posted

The entirety of world bosses need a complete overhaul.

4 people like this

Posted

So where in agreement 

Posted

The Kzarka weapon bundle should not be based off damage charts. That should be completely RNG from your own kill regardless of your damage contribution. The only things that should be influenced by damage charts are the other loots (crystals, ingots, etc.). This should apply for world bosses in general so Liverto/Kzarka bundles are fair, while others with DPS fight over the charts for Mark of Shadows / Tree Belts / Etc.

8 people like this

Posted

The Kzarka weapon bundle should not be based off damage charts. That should be completely RNG from your own kill regardless of your damage contribution. The only things that should be influenced by damage charts are the other loots (crystals, ingots, etc.). This should apply for world bosses in general so Liverto/Kzarka bundles are fair, while others with DPS fight over the charts for Mark of Shadows / Tree Belts / Etc.

I like dis idea.

Posted

I like dis idea.

Y, that would totally not make people afk watch till boss is at 3% hp, throw in 2 dmg spell then run away to make sure they don't die and loose xp/gems... 

1 person likes this

Posted

The RNG on things like this is a bit out there, there should be a backup for it, I mean realistically, its not fair if you just have shit luck, somethinng like every Kzarka kill gets you a token at 100 or whatever the number is just throwing out Ideas you should be able to change it for a weapon box, so eventually, if you put in the time, you will get it guaranteed.

Time investment should be a valid way to obtain RNG crap, kinda like the quest item equivalents for MoS or Witch Earrings.  But obviously being as powerfull as it is it should require a much longer time investment for the Kzarka weapon boxes. 

1 person likes this

Posted

I think its fine as it is, i just don't agree with how the loot tables are set.
I main a sorc with mostly PvE skill and gear, but when it comes to this boss, i cant get in range of him without him flipping around and 1shotting me before i can even lay a simple attack. The only skill i have left is shift click, but it ticks damage slowly and its not very much...

I've done this boss 7 times now. Never been lucky enough to get ANY loot at all because i cant land any attacks on him.

I want less 1shot mechanics, less glitches (like flipping around quicker than the human eye can see, before wiping everyone completely), and better loot tables. Then i'll be happy

Posted

All thoughts/comments/mature discussion welcome!

no poll for you. Special entitled whiner that just dinged 50

Posted

Y, that would totally not make people afk watch till boss is at 3% hp, throw in 2 dmg spell then run away to make sure they don't die and loose xp/gems... 

There's going to be limitations such as needing to at least hit a certain damage threshold on the boss % wise to get loot at all, but not something absurd like competing for top dps numbers.

Posted (edited)

no poll for you. Special entitled whiner that just dinged 50

LOL wrong.  This forum appears to be full of children.  Too bad none of you no-life kids have jobs and/or spend money to actually support the game..... hopefully Daum is smart enough to see that this "world boss gear gating" system is a turnoff to most actual PAYING customers who work jobs

Edited by Tinkerb

Posted

I think it should be harder and the marketplace price should be wayyyyyyyyyyyys higher aswell

Posted

Drop rate fine, the spawn window need some work. 12 hour window is too much either make it 30-34 or 40-44 instead of 32-44

Best one is 8-12 ^^

2 people like this

Posted

World bosses like this should be pvped for. Not just 700 people attacking it and 1 random scrub gets the loot. Carebear game.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Kzarka is a super tiny upgrade from liverto, basically almost the same (just the hidden accuracy, and its very minor). If you have a liverto, you shouldn't lose your sleep over a Kzarka.

Other than that, the boss spawned several times at 4-5 AM during weekdays, and today at 8AM (on a sunday). 

Basically, its a boss for unemployed people.

Edited by Wolshen
3 people like this