• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Kzarka world boss and Zaka weapon rarity [Poll]

Kzarka world boss and Zaka weapon rarity [Poll]   722 votes

1. 1. Currently, the best in slot weapon (Zaka) for many classes remains locked behind Kzarka. With an extremly low droprate and long RNG spawn window, how do you feel about this part of BDO's current endgame gearing model?

• I think the current system is fine.
    • I'd prefer the current system be adjusted to make the Zaka weapon easier to attain.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

95 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I don't think the system needs a dramatic change -- I have VODs of myself getting drops like Bheg's Gloves after joining @ <30%, as far as the non-Kzarka bosses are concerned its all RNG.

In my experience, Kzarka seems to work a little differently but I wouldn't be so bold as to say I know why I have that feeling. For the sake of productivity and progression, however, I would say that a few simple changes to the system could be made to make them a tad more reasonable or productive for people:

• A Kzarka-style alert could be added to all bosses, including a "something is coming" message 30 minutes before hand to help quell some of the boss hoarding that occurs. 
  • Add Boss Scrolls to World Boss loot tables to allow people, at least, the slight bonus of having bundle attempts as extra bonus for participation. Bheg (Altar Imp Scroll), Dim Tree (Tree Scroll), Red Nose (Goblin Chief Scroll), Mudster (Monastery Leader Scroll), Kzarka (1-2 scrolls of random bosses who drop boss armor) [Respecting the fact that not every boss that drops gear has a world boss, you can substitute for ones close to a particular area]
  • Add additional worthwhile drops to bosses such as Hard and Sharp Shards (albeit at a lower drop rate than regular Black Stone) to the boss loot pool.

I personally don't mind the world boss system outside of the last 1-2 hours of the window where everyone has to start camping to avoid risking being too far away (because this is when most people really expect the boss, so they die faster) -- but I think slight above changes might help people walk away a little less fussed. I wouldn't be opposed to seeing 'Soiled Ogre Ring' style items come from world bosses idea. 'Soiled Hebetate Armor' would be an exciting thing to see after a Tree Boss, imo, even if it only had a 2% chance of giving me the piece. (The more times you roll the dice, the more likely you are to critical hit -- so providing people with more opportunities to play the RNG game tends to make it a little less frustrating, imo.) 

EDIT: Missing words/grammar

Black Market close this thread

Also this. If you don't have the time or the luck for World Bosses, you really should be putting effort into making money and gaining knowledge to take your chances with the Night Vendor. It takes maybe 2-3 hours to get your energy maximum up by 10-50 point depending on how far along you are. Make some alts and park them by the vendor, you generate roughly 48 energy offline, meaning you get 1 try per character per day guaranteed. With max energy, you get a lot of chances to roll the dice for low cost, high value items. 

Edited by GalacticKodiak
1 person likes this

Posted

kzarka box not dropped on the channel I go on for ~2 weeks+, shitty chances compared to kr with 12h timer.

Posted

You know there's a quest coming to get a kzarka weapon right?

surely this isn't some poorly thought out shit post

Posted

Tri zakas have been popping up on the AH now, and imo, if you don't have one yet, you're better off selling all of your blackstones/sharps/hards/mem frags, and buying the next one that pops up. Even if you got a free zaka, you could spend over 800 mil getting it to Tri. 

Posted

I'd just like to get a couple hits in and be able to attempt to collect my loot. The last 2-3 times I went I was killed by a warring guild and then killed again as soon as I got back. Even using a tear and trying to wait them out doesn't work because people like to make sure you don't get your loot. I think sending a low level alt may be the only chance I have, that or buying one off the market as if that'll ever happen. 

Posted (edited)

The last 5 times in a row i was at Kzarka, he didnt drop ANY Weapon, and this is just plain stupid.

Edited by Caduryn

Posted

Well I just got Kzarka weapon today so I'm gucci~

Posted

Y, that would totally not make people afk watch till boss is at 3% hp, throw in 2 dmg spell then run away to make sure they don't die and loose xp/gems... 

as opposed to them doing that now because there's no point unless you're geared enough to even attempt for the top 20 damage charts?

Posted

I rolled 6 Kzarka weapons in 3200 energy used on night vendor. Also my guildies are rolling Kzarka weapons pretty often. I think they will introduce that cash shop item soon, allowing you to change main weapon for your class. So i advice you to buy next 90mil Kzarka weapon pop on night vendor, even if not suitable for your class.

Posted

I rolled 6 Kzarka weapons in 3200 energy used on night vendor. Also my guildies are rolling Kzarka weapons pretty often. I think they will introduce that cash shop item soon, allowing you to change main weapon for your class. So i advice you to buy next 90mil Kzarka weapon pop on night vendor, even if not suitable for your class.

afaik this worked for liverto only

Posted (edited)

Introduce RNG boxes into the cash shop. Make each box $1 and have them give this loot table.

1% Kzarka Weapon Box

1% Bheg Gloves

1% Tree Armor

1% Muskan Boots

1% Giath Helmet

95% Black Stone (Armor)

However, to prevent this from being "pay to win", if you get Kzarka Weapon Box you do not get it directly. Instead mobs will have a 1/1000 chance of dropping Kzarka coupon within the next 12 hours. Then if you get a Kzarka coupon as a drop, an item in the cash shop appears with RNG price between $10 and $500 giving you the right to buy a Kzarka weapon.

Edited by johnby89

Posted

I have no problem with it being hard to obtain, but there should at least be 1 Kzarka weapon drop every 1-3 bosses. I have done Kzarka 4 times in a row without it dropping for anyone at all.

I have no problems with not getting it myself, I can just keep killing him, but its lame that it drops for no one...

Posted

I feel their commen enough now with night Vendor that if ur actually trying and making it ur objective, you'll get one.

The world boss sucks and should drop 1 garenteed but is what it is. Hate when I see only one drop tho from 4+ channals. The wep isn't that amazing to warrant that kind of rarity.

Posted

This poll is closer than BREXIT in the UK.

This was my shitpost for the day. Enjoy.

Posted

Introduce RNG boxes into the cash shop. Make each box $1 and have them give this loot table.

1% Kzarka Weapon Box

1% Bheg Gloves

1% Tree Armor

1% Muskan Boots

1% Giath Helmet

95% Black Stone (Armor)

However, to prevent this from being "pay to win", if you get Kzarka Weapon Box you do not get it directly. Instead mobs will have a 1/1000 chance of dropping Kzarka coupon within the next 12 hours. Then if you get a Kzarka coupon as a drop, an item in the cash shop appears with RNG price between $10 and $500 giving you the right to buy a Kzarka weapon.

what in the actual -----...

Posted

JUST GIVE EVERYONE A FREE KZARKA WEAPON, SO THEY CAN GET BORED AND QUIT AFTER A WEEK.

Kids.

Posted

Just get S rank and a high mode and use persistence and it will come eventually. Games aren't fun when things that are sought after are easy to get. 

Posted

1% Kzarka Weapon Box

1% Bheg Gloves

1% Tree Armor

1% Muskan Boots

1% Giath Helmet

95% Black Stone (Armor)

No. 

How exactly is this better than the world boss system...? Trading real world money for opportunities to get the best gear in the game is P2W and will kill the game outright. Even if you don't appreciate that it is pay-to-win, you have to appreciate that the response from the player base would effectively end the game's run. This game is too fun and too impressive as an MMO to justify sacrificing its future in this way just to appease people who get frustrated because of not getting rare drops. The Night Vendor is effectively exactly this same kind of stuff, except it requires nothing but you to actually play the game (put effort into getting your maximum energy up) and farm money. I have 8 alts and a maximum energy of only 273 and I still managed to get my Muskan Boots just investing a small amount of effort into swapping my currently logged in character every 4 hours to fill up multiple ones before attempts.

Even as a loyalty item, this is a terrible idea. Real Money should NEVER get someone a higher chance at anything RNG in this game. Speeding up processes like grinding crafts, combat exp, or horses? Sure. Buying opportunities for rare drops? I.E. some the best items in the game? (Mind you, at drops rates HIGHER than the in-game bundles) is just asking for people to leave the game in droves. 

Posted

I have a question about this world boss, are they alredy on Eu server and if ther are, when u defeat the boss every one gets drop or only one who gets it?

Posted (edited)

I really didn't try hard for my Kzarka Longbow till recently. For a week I went to every spawn perfectly timing it so all buffs were up.

After feeling like I was close to the top dps bracket- since my loot was reflecting it, i changed my strategy.

I got within melee range and alternated between WotW, shotgun and my awakening while staying right under him. Popping my elixirs, alchemy stone and addon buffs. 

I knew I would get the box, I knew I was out dpsing everyone and I got it.

It's a dps race for sure, the times I didn't feel confident of my rotations sure enough I didn't get it. The time I knew I would because my rotation, buffs and positioning were on point I got it. To the point it wasn't even that exciting because I was expecting it to drop.

So I believe it's all effort, and RNG becomes a factor when it's a close dps race.

Edited by DivinityDay