• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

High CPU Utilization Fix

51 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

So I was noticing how my CPU just taking a hard hit every time I play BDO.  Today I got curious and just google it.  Lo and behold there is a known problem and fix.  If you are running a 64bit OS, rename or delete xcorona.xem. The original post text below and link to post.

http://forum.webzen.com/forum/en/c9-english/c9-issues-feedback/638827-100-cpu-problem-fix

@CM_Jouska:  Can you guys implement this automatically in the next patch?  Sounds like a coding issue.

Edit: Forgot to link the source how I got to the fix in C9 game which runs xigncode as well.  See below:

https://www.reddit.com/r/blackdesertonline/comments/321lue/xigncode_using_up_too_much_cpu/

Edit2:  You may have to re-rename each time if it reverts, especially after patch.  Extra step but it's worth the time until this is fixed completely.

100% CPU problem [FIX]

31-03-2015, 09:16 PM

Hello guys, I'm pretty sure many of you guys have this issue which i possibly found the solution for. This solution also massively improved my network perfomance and i don't have any lags in town anymore when walking around.

It seems that Xigncode is unable to switch over to the 64bit binary since it tries to load the 32bit binary and sometimes results in an endless loop ( your 100% CPU issue). Sometimes it can be avoided by reseting Xisgncode by editing the registry, delete the AC or simply change graphics or language options. So all we have to do is to make sure it takes the 64bit binary.

Go to your Xigncode_GP folder and look for a file named: xcorona.xem, either delete it or rename it. Next time you start your game it will automaticly take the xcorona_64.xem file and it won't cause a loop anymore. Also your network perfomance in towns will probably increase like mine as well. 

Hope the solution works for you guys as well. If it worked please give feedback here, since if this is the cause for the bug then the Xigncode developer will know where to look to fix that problem. 

best regards Robert 'Blunt' G.
Tags: None
Edited by Seventhpillar
More links to fix, more info
10 people like this

Posted

This needs to be sticked for those who cannot log in from Australia and other locations as well! If you actually read the link.... it FIXED things for many including cannot login, etc.~ Great find and thank you so much!!! 

Posted

For my sake, I can vouch it works.  I am running a lot or programs in the background when I am leveling my horses so BDO is running on my secondary monitor.  I have heen watching my CPU Util and it was teethering between 95-100%.  After I implemented the recommendation on that post and simple renamed xcorana.xem to xcorona.xem.old, I CUP util is now around 75%-85% with some jumps in town to 95%.  Works wonders for me.  

1 person likes this

Posted

I cant seem to locate the Xigncode_GP folder, any assistance on this would be appreciated :) 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I just searched for the filename.  Mine was located in the BlackDesert\bin64\xc\na\2

Edit:  I found another folder, BlackDesert\bin64\xc\na\1 that has the file as well but I didn't touch it before and it worked.  I will be renaming the file here as well just in case.

Edited by Seventhpillar
Found another folder with that same name
2 people like this

Posted

I just searched for the filename.  Mine was located in the BlackDesert\bin64\xc\na\2

Edit:  I found another folder, BlackDesert\bin64\xc\na\1 that has the file as well but I didn't touch it before and it worked.  I will be renaming the file here as well just in case.

Ahh alright, thanks! :)

Posted (edited)

You have "xcorona.xem" in 4 differents folder

BlackDesert\bin\xc\na\1

BlackDesert\bin\xc\na\2

BlackDesert\bin64\xc\na\1

BlackDesert\bin64\xc\na\2

are you supposed to delete or rename all thoses files ? only in a particular folder ?

Edited by woots
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I just renamed them so it's reversible just in case you have issues.  I just added .old in the end of the file. 

Edit:  It seem like this is not the silver bullet fix.  May or may not work for you as per the reddit posts.  Worked for me at least.  Worth a try IMO and if it doesn't hope they find a solution.

Edit2: Someone even came up with a batch file for it being it being a pervasive problem.  

https://www.reddit.com/r/blackdesertonline/comments/33xzhp/black_desert_launcher_batch_file_for_64_bit_users/

@CM_Jouska: Can we please have the devs possibly look at this.  I did notice my Xigncode is running the 32 bit version instead of the 64 bit.  The game itself it running the 64 bit version and I wonder why it runs the 32 bit instead.

Edited by Seventhpillar
Conclusion after reading other post
1 person likes this

Posted

You said you noticed it running in 32-bit instead of 64; how do I check this? I'm on W10 64-bit

Posted

never had particular issue tho, unless having, for random reason the game lock down to 10fps, and to solve that i have so switch to another mode ( fullscreen / windows ) and then cancel.

So just in case, i also remaned all files, will see ^^

Posted

You said you noticed it running in 32-bit instead of 64; how do I check this? I'm on W10 64-bit

Task manager.  You will notice Blackdesert64.exe, XIGNCODE WatchDog K (32 bit) and XIGNCODE SYSTEM (32bit)

Also from the link below:

https://www.reddit.com/r/blackdesertonline/comments/2wd2eo/anyone_seen_this_issue_xign_destroying_my_cpu_help/

Some ppl say delete xmag.xem as well but I didn't do that.  If I have issues, I will try those as well.

1 person likes this

Posted

Thanks for the fix op

Posted

Task manager.  You will notice Blackdesert64.exe, XIGNCODE WatchDog K (32 bit) and XIGNCODE SYSTEM (32bit)

Also from the link below:

https://www.reddit.com/r/blackdesertonline/comments/2wd2eo/anyone_seen_this_issue_xign_destroying_my_cpu_help/

Some ppl say delete xmag.xem as well but I didn't do that.  If I have issues, I will try those as well.

I renamed the files but I still see the 32bit running on task manager.

Posted

Same devs, same engine, same issue.

As much as I love the combat, the rubberbands and performance issues are something cloud9 does not seem able or willing to fix these -_-

Posted

Can confirm that this worked for me just now.
Getting 10 more FPS and cpu isn't running so high :D 

Posted

You are my new lord and savior. Does this stop the game from spinning the fans at 100% in the menu when it disconnects in the middle of the night and I'm trying to sleep?

Posted

Yes, what if we renamed it but still see the 32bit XIGNCODE3 SYSTEM and XIGNCODE WatchDog K running ?

Posted

My files just redownload after renaming/deleting, doesn't seem to work for me.

Posted

My files just redownload after renaming/deleting, doesn't seem to work for me.

Have you tried making the folder read-only? Or does that break XignCode

Posted

nice if this gonna work. been worried that my laptop will blow up any day

Posted

I'm in the same boat as you. Tried deleting the log-file as well, but yet 32bit remains.

Posted

Have you tried making the folder read-only? Or does that break XignCode

Yep first thing I tried after it redownloaded the files, doesn't work

Posted

You guys realize that reddit post is more than a year old?

And no, renaming it (in both 1 and 2) didn't a do a thing. It still runs the 32-bit version not the 64-bit.

Posted

And no, renaming it (in both 1 and 2) didn't a do a thing. It still runs the 32-bit version not the 64-bit.

I'm in the same boat as you. Tried deleting the log-file as well, but yet 32bit remains.

Yes, what if we renamed it but still see the 32bit XIGNCODE3 SYSTEM and XIGNCODE WatchDog K running ?

Do you guys have any solution? I just tried the fix but Xigncode still launches the 32bit version? 

Already tried read-only.

Posted (edited)

Well with all honesty, my xigncode still run as 32 bit but my utilization is lower than before.  Again like I said, it may or may not work for you.  Yes the info may be old, however, the info seem to be still pertinent.  Like I mentioned before, it's not a silver bullet.

Edit:  If you open task manager and right click xigncode, select file location, it points to the bin64 folder location.  I guess xigncode is only 32 bit natively.  Either way, again may not work in all cases.

Edited by Seventhpillar
task manager info