• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

[POLL] Compromise: Fixing the PVP unlock

Fixing the PVP unlock   377 votes

1. 1. What kind of player are you and can you accept these compromises?

• I am a PVE-only player and I can accept compromise 1.
    • I am a PVE-only player and I can accept compromise 2.
    • I am a PVE-only player and I can accept both of these compromises.
    • I am a PVE-only player and I cannot accept either of these compromises (please explain below)
    • I am a PVP or PVX player and I can accept compromise 1.
    • I am a PVP or PVX player and I can accept compromise 2.
    • I am a PVP or PVX player and I can accept both compromises.
    • I am a PVP or PVX player and I cannot accept either of these compromises (please explain below)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

182 posts in this topic

Posted

I am a PvE player and I'd be happy to accept either compromise.

I think being fair to everyone is better than trying to just please one crowd. I can understand why PvPers like PvP, and I think it'd be nice if they could get their cake and eat it, too.

Posted

i think we should all make bets on how many weeks it will take to even get a reply to this issue. i want to start with . .. . hmmmmm  .. .. 76. so i am betting that 76 weeks go by before we get a reply to this issue.

Posted (edited)

Didnt undestood the war declaration stuff. Still playing as long wolf :]

"GvG can only be declared on guilds that have declared GvG previously or participated in Node/Siege War.

• Our intention behind this change was to offer minimum protection for PVE focused, casual guilds in GvG situations.  Since there have been a number of requests asking for any type of protection for PVE focused small guilds, we have been considering various methods to address those needs.  When it comes to GvG, our biggest concern is providing equal opportunity to as many guilds as possible and making GvG content more approachable for everyone."

Minimum protection is good, but this cut out ALL option to fight vs other guilds as "Non criminal" (in GvG) if they missed the node war

Example in this "new" system: You attack Ogre. Someone rush the monster in 10% and kill it. You "lose" the drop (0,01% ogre ring)  and you can't punish the sniper guy/girl. If you kill it he/she lose nothing and you lose karma.  And I am not the strongest guy in the channel who cry to lost the option to be asshole and kill innocents. I am near "average" active player level. I am the guy who snipe the ogres. :D (But this one side PvP punishing system is not fir play now).

Edited by Mikroman

Posted

So in other words you would like to hide behind a quest so you wouldn't have to pvp?  That way you could PVE the same mobs over and over?  or possibly have a safety blanket for gathering and/or making items without any possible loss from pvp?    Hmmmm something sounds fishy here.

Posted

So in other words you would like to hide behind a quest so you wouldn't have to pvp?  That way you could PVE the same mobs over and over?  or possibly have a safety blanket for gathering and/or making items without any possible loss from pvp?    Hmmmm something sounds fishy here.

Other version have that ( beside RU if i'am not wrong )

Not saying that, originaly, that pvp gate was certainly there because lvl 50 was the max lvl, so you was entering in pvp in a "balanced" situation, you know, to not have like know "brave pvper" going to kill under geared ppl.

Sure it doesnt have any sense now with the powercreep and softcap raise, but still.

"pver" already have to lock themself to a "low" lvl if they doesnt want that "pvp", isnt that more fishy that giving pve content to thoses fake pvper ? ( since so far, in BDO, thoses pvper are only players pve-ing more than actual "pver" xD )

Add to that forcing the pvp in that actual powercreep broken balance.

Yeah, considering the state of the game regarding pvp, its way more fishy to force the pvp ;)

Posted

This is exactly how the KR unlock worked, and apparently what the devs originally intended for the game. 

It sounds like we may be getting this system back, so if you have a problem with it, you should probably start coming to terms with it.

With Valencia, this debate is entirely moot anyway.  Level 50 people can barely access Valencia content, none-the-less try to steal mobs from endgame players there.

Posted

1.) Players can already suicide to reduce their XP and stay under 45, and many have / do.

2.) Who even cares if people want to stay sub 45 to not pvp? How does this effect anyone but them?

3.) That level 49 quest to unlock level 50? That unlocks PvP in Korea, because the PvP level is 50 there. Right now what's broken is not people wanting the lock put in the right place, but it's that the lock is in the wrong place. Locking players from hitting 50 servers no purpose currently.

1 person likes this

Posted

Legit game mechanics in original game version sound fishy to you? How ignorant one can get....

1 person likes this

Posted

This isn't a PVP vs PVE issue, we have a broken unlock system because of PA's lazy work.  It is something that needs to be fixed, not 'changed'.

Changing the PVP enable lvl back to lvl 50 IS the fix.  PA already offered a solution for us by offering to change the pvp lvl back to lvl 50.      

As I said before, you should be asking why Daum EU is dragging their feet on this rather than pointing fingers at PA.  

1 person likes this

Posted

I am a PvP and PvX player and these rules are unnecessary, the game is fine as is.  That's why I voted no.

Posted

I seriously think "IDGAF" should have been a poll option to this.  I don't care when PvP ganking is unlocked and I don't think it logically makes sense for most anyone else to care either.  It doesn't actually change much of anything for players who understand that there are multiple Channels and Regions they can go to in order to keep leveling up.  People who only follow a Youtube or Gamefaqs guide, DESERVE to constantly get shit on by Gankers IMHO.  And if I could Gank the ass holes autopathing in Heidel  (b/c they saw it in a GUIDE, and didn't think to themselves, "Well I can do this in ANY city instead of just making 1 single town super crowded"). I would and would gladly accept the massive Karma penalty that came with it.

Posted

yea i agree it is kind of fishy. why did they change the pvp unlock mechanic from the Korean version after selling us on it.

1 person likes this

Posted

Changing the PVP enable lvl back to lvl 50 IS the fix.  PA already offered a solution for us by offering to change the pvp lvl back to lvl 50.      

As I said before, you should be asking why Daum EU is dragging their feet on this rather than pointing fingers at PA.  

Are you sure they did? Is there a post somewhere you can quote? Because it just seems they don't care much...

Posted

Are you sure they did? Is there a post somewhere you can quote? Because it just seems they don't care much...

I was referring to this where PA offered to change the PVP lvl back to lvl 50 for us :

If a meaningful amount of users keep request, we are open to change the PvP Enable Quest to lv 50.

Posted (edited)

I was referring to this where PA offered to change the PVP lvl back to lvl 50 for us :

Unfortunately, that sounds like the same nothing they've been giving us for months, not some kind of promise... People have been asking for MONTHS, that "if enough people keep requesting" honestly sounds like bullshit :\

Edited by Storm Crow

Posted (edited)

Oh, he's a good actor.  That reminds me, been meaning to put Revolution on my Netflix queue.  Thanks!

Giancarlo Esposito

Revolution was a pretty poor serie tho, very badly exploited senario imho.

But yeah that actor is nice :]

Considering Jouska answer, look like Daum West cant do any single change on the game and have to wait for PA to give the "setting"

Is it trusthful or not, i ofc cant really tell since we cant give a look behind the scene.

Also, they wanted ( apparently ) to wait for an accurate way to do poll ( like with having the game account bounded to the forum )

But yeah it take WAY F# too long for them to do something...

Edited by woots

Posted

I picked PvX and neither.

I'd like pvp from level 10, also I'd like meaningful PVP...  At LEAST add in an honor point system so I can kill people to get gear from an vendor or something.  I mean I'd prefer a loot system of some sort but that's better than nothing.

Posted (edited)

I picked PvX and neither.

I'd like pvp from level 10, also I'd like meaningful PVP...

You will saddly hardly get any meaningful pvp here ( imo ) with that powercreep gear, so large power diversity. On top of nothing in the open world ( quest / activities / "game mode" .. etc ) to promote pvp tho ( so also have an pvp way to progress )

But they could totaly set an option to let ppl pvp from lvl 1 if they want to tho.

Edited by woots

Posted (edited)

Unfortunately, that sounds like the same nothing they've been giving us for months, not some kind of promise... People have been asking for MONTHS, that "if enough people keep requesting" honestly sounds like bullshit :\

While the issue had been at the forefront on the forums since day 1, it took months before Daum EU even acknowledged the issue.  So again, I'm not sure why you're pointing fingers at PA.  I'm not sure if you understand how things work, but the communication goes like this :

Customers <--> Daum EU  <--> PA

You already have an official offer from PA to fix the problem.  And your reply  is that it's "bullshit".  What SHOULD happen next is that Daum EU take a poll like they have in the past and tell PA to go ahead with the fix (if the poll warrants it).  The ball is in Daum EU's corner. 

Edited by CaptainCrunch

Posted

i think an option to flag for pvp from level 1 on would be great for those that like pvp yes? i would not do it myself but i do not see how it would hurt me to have this option so those that like to pvp can have more fun. 

Posted (edited)

Also, they wanted ( apparently ) to wait for an accurate way to do poll ( like with having the game account bounded to the forum )

But yeah it take WAY F# too long for them to do something...

From what I can tell, that's what Daum EU wants.  PA's reply was simply, "sure we can set the pvp lvl enable back to lvl 50 if you want". 

Also, this work (referring to the game account bound forum polling) would be web/account DB work and done by Daum EU anyways, so again the hold up is not with PA, but with Daum EU

Edited by CaptainCrunch
1 person likes this

Posted

From what I can tell, that's what Daum EU wants.  PA's reply was simply, "sure we can set the pvp lvl enable back to lvl 50 if you want". 

Also, this work would be web/account DB work and done by Daum EU anyways, so again the hold up is not with PA, but with Daum EU

Where is that PA answer ? sources ?

Even tho, i have the feeling Daum Eu is the "issue" for that point

Posted

Where is that PA answer ? sources ?

Even tho, i have the feeling Daum Eu is the "issue" for that point

This is the 3rd or 4th  time I'm posting this ...

If a meaningful amount of users keep request, we are open to change the PvP Enable Quest to lv 50.

1 person likes this

Posted

This is the 3rd or 4th  time I'm posting this ...

Oh yeah, i've readed that wrong and just thought that was a mix daum EU "thought" + devs

Since the free processing is there since always on KR, i mean, in that case its strange that the devs ( so PA ) said that, since the original version never had ( so far i know ) the energy cost processing.

So like the ghuilie suit change that was made first for our version and the refund

Well then, daum eu better move their ass to FINALY change that lvl cap and set it back to lvl 50.

Posted

la la la. no response at all as usual.

1 person likes this