• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

About listening to the community.

46 posts in this topic

Posted

Hey folks i do hope you read this.

The forums are not all players. They are only the vocal part of our community. So instead of only focusing on getting feedback from forums i really really hope you guys start making ingame surveys what people like and dislike. This whole thing is going the same direction as the KR version. You could basically 1:1 take threads from them and copypaste them here and we would have the same discussions all over. I hope you won't do the same mistake as in KR and listen to just 15% of the community or maybe even less. In fact i would have hoped we would get a true sandbox mmorpg but considering that would be a niche that is probably impossible. So even if you are going to take suggestions from players at least take the opinion of all into consideration. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Make ingame surveys instead of just listening to the forums.

1 person likes this

Posted

Make ingame surveys instead of just listening to the forums.

I think you'll probably get the same type of suggestions/feedback.  Forums offer one advantage, they often contain those interested in bettering the game, which is why things get so heated at times.

1 person likes this

Posted

After CBT1, they put out a survey to all CBT1 participants.  That will capture the opinion of thousands of players, many of which I am sure are not part the vocal minority here on the forums.  DAUM will do the right thing and give us a balanced game.  The extremists may not like it, but the majority will!  :)

Posted

I wonder what changes we will see in CBT2

Posted

I hope so too. While I do enjoy some occasional PVP, the roving bands of PK griefers on the korean servers. Or murder posses as i like to call them are what the forum users tend to consist of. I'm hoping for a lot more depth to the game than kill 10,000 monsters, buy some armor from the cash shop, and join a murder posse to grief lower level players....

There's so much potential id Daum would listen to the PVE crowd as well as the hardcore PK crowd..

Posted

The forums are not all players. They are only the vocal part of our community. So instead of only focusing on getting feedback from forums i really really hope you guys start making ingame surveys what people like and dislike. This whole thing is going the same direction as the KR version. You could basically 1:1 take threads from them and copypaste them here and we would have the same discussions all over. I hope you won't do the same mistake as in KR and listen to just 15% of the community or maybe even less. In fact i would have hoped we would get a true sandbox mmorpg but considering that would be a niche that is probably impossible. So even if you are going to take suggestions from players at least take the opinion of all into consideration. 

Disagree...comments need to come from the official forums...people posting in other communities shouldn't be heard...come to the official forums if you want to discuss the game...not other areas.

5 people like this

Posted

Disagree...comments need to come from the official forums...people posting in other communities shouldn't be heard...come to the official forums if you want to discuss the game...not other areas.

What s/he meant is that every forum is a minority in itself. We have 130k+ pre orders by now, but have you ever seen a single poll with at least 1000 votes? Maybe only 1% of the players are using the forum, but that isn't a number any publisher should listen to.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Money doesn't come from minorities. If they listen to only the people who post in forums then the game would be incredibly unwelcoming to a new player and all content would be focused on people who spend their lives playing videogames and drop an MMO the moment something goes wrong.

Sure, it would be nice to be able to PvP the way you want to, but DAUM/Pearl Abyss would lose money. Fast. Faster than what happened in the KR version.

EDIT: wait... why is this thread in the guides section?

Edited by Edgelorde

Posted

What s/he meant is that every forum is a minority in itself. We have 130k+ pre orders by now, but have you ever seen a single poll with at least 1000 votes? Maybe only 1% of the players are using the forum, but that isn't a number any publisher should listen to.

I agree...if they want to sent out emails to the preorder folks...but right now...so many are posting that haven't touched the game and they don't get it...this game could break very easy and so many aspects to the game are concerning until you play it.  Here on the official forums people can police each other and get the CM's to agree when someone is lying.  Just like the kid that made that megaserver poll and lied to get people to get them to vote for megaservers, and I called him out stating he was lying and eventually in a very nice way CM Jouska came in and confirmed what I said.  They can't really police other websites.  These are the official forums..this is where the facts should come from.  

Money doesn't come from minorities. If they listen to only the people who post in forums then the game would be incredibly unwelcoming to a new player and all content would be focused on people who spend their lives playing videogames and drop an MMO the moment something goes wrong.

Sure, it would be nice to be able to PvP the way you want to, but DAUM/Pearl Abyss would lose money. Fast. Faster than what happened in the KR version.

We don't really know what the majorities and minorities are...I agree with that, but new players giving feedback on a game like this has already caused issues...people need to get in and really dive into this game through level 55 before giving feedback...there are some issues coming...trust me.  Some of the changes being made are from people that don't have a clue at all and there was a time I agreed with a lot of those people, but they should not be giving feedback.  Here on the forums comments can be easily addressed, I've helped sooooo many people understand facts about the game that many don't know...but these are the forums that people should be watching.  

Posted

Agreed. This is the official forum for a reason. If you want your opinion to be heard, and discussed, then make the effort to log onto the forum, and voice your comments. The devs don't need to further cater to players too lazy to log into a forum. Daum, in my opinon, is doing a fine job of advertising the forums as the hub for players to come to discuss their views on the game.

Posted

CM_Jouska's Words:

Greetings Adventurers!

First let me thank everyone that participated in the first closed beta test! Over the last week old and new players alike have had the chance to delve in to the EN version of the game and see what they like and what they dislike.  Players have already taken to the forums to share their experiences, insight, and suggestions.  We would like to ask for one more thing now that the CBT has ended.  Below you will find a short survey to gather some additional information, this will be especially helpful for those of you who do not wish to draft a fully detailed forum postThis survey does not mean you should stop sharing your point of view with us on the forums, it is simply another medium for us to collect feedback.

http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/5777-closed-beta-1-survey/

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posted

CM_Jouska's Words:

Greetings Adventurers!

First let me thank everyone that participated in the first closed beta test! Over the last week old and new players alike have had the chance to delve in to the EN version of the game and see what they like and what they dislike.  Players have already taken to the forums to share their experiences, insight, and suggestions.  We would like to ask for one more thing now that the CBT has ended.  Below you will find a short survey to gather some additional information, this will be especially helpful for those of you who do not wish to draft a fully detailed forum postThis survey does not mean you should stop sharing your point of view with us on the forums, it is simply another medium for us to collect feedback.

http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/5777-closed-beta-1-survey/

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm aware of this...I was just saying I don't agree with it.  Just my opinion.

Posted

....I dont like these type of threads.....you might as well post remove forum topics: suggestions as your opinion is worthless compared to the masses that are not voicing their opinion, really makes everyone here less significant.

So in the same spirit of thought Nikiniki, your not the entire forum in the same regard or community, and i hope they dont listen to you.

Posted

My opinion about this... No.

If people care enough about the game and demand changes, it doesn't take much to register on the forum, search for a topic or create one if there is none yet.

Letting every random person that doesn't know a damn about the game influence the games future, just because they had <insertrandomfeature> in another game, is not beneficial. The game has issues, and you won't see most until after you reached the softcap. Please tell me more how you're a veteran at lv30.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

If they wanted to voice their opinions then they would simply come to the forums.

Edited by Catherine
1 person likes this

Posted

Happy people dont complain,those who have complaints can simpy come to the forum. Ingame,you couldnt even discuss ideas and suggestions,on the forum you can.

Posted

If they wanted to voice their opinions then they would simply come to the forums.

Yes...the real BDO forums is the place people should be for feedback, not hiding on other sites saying things that they know nothing about.

Posted

8IPGlU8.png

Just follow me team! Ill make this game great again!

1 person likes this

Posted

Yes...the real BDO forums is the place people should be for feedback, not hiding on other sites saying things that they know nothing about.

Like i said that is exactly what happened in KR version. I never said to ignore the forums. I only want that everyone is listened to not only the ones that are unhappy with something. People that have no problem with anything won't bother coming to the forums. So if 90% is happy and 10% here is complaining about everything and it gets changed to make the 10% happy of course a new shitstorm happens. KR only listened to the ones in their forums and that's what it got them : A declining playerbase. What i want is that they make ingame surveys if possible to check if really all non forum lovers are against the game mechanics or only the elitist that need their voice to be heard. 100% opinion gathering like gw2 and bns do is the way to go to please everyone.

1 person likes this

Posted

I think you'll probably get the same type of suggestions/feedback.  Forums offer one advantage, they often contain those interested in bettering the game, which is why things get so heated at times.

Would say otherwise. People that don't think that anything needs to be changed will stay silent instead of ppl that are no satisfied. Same as with anything in this world. People rarely say thanks but anything goes wrong they will make a giant fuss out of it. Maybe most of the community doesn't want to many changes. Maybe they are fine maybe not but the best way to find out is doing an ingame survey like gw2 or bns to make the playerbase happy. Because they will listen to the community in one way or another but they should do this in the most effective way if they do it.

Posted

Like i said that is exactly what happened in KR version. I never said to ignore the forums. I only want that everyone is listened to not only the ones that are unhappy with something. People that have no problem with anything won't bother coming to the forums. So if 90% is happy and 10% here is complaining about everything and it gets changed to make the 10% happy of course a new shitstorm happens. KR only listened to the ones in their forums and that's what it got them : A declining playerbase. What i want is that they make ingame surveys if possible to check if really all non forum lovers are against the game mechanics or only the elitist that need their voice to be heard. 100% opinion gathering like gw2 and bns do is the way to go to please everyone.

Sadly, it killed KR...and this is exactly why feedback should be monitored from one site so that people can discuss things in one general area...the BDO forums would make the most sense.  Makes no sense that feedback would come from other areas.

Posted

Nah, the forums are typically for the most interested and extreme for the game. The random casual player won't go check out the forums so while yes, you get a diverse level of opinions it is only a tiny fraction of your actual playerbase.`

Posted

OP your avatar looks like a doll on crack :D

Posted

That's the stupidest thing I've heard you say, so I hope that's you trolling again. x_X

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0