• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

RNG Hidden stats

RNG stat gain per level   349 votes

1. 1. Do you want (hidden) RNG stat gain per level up?

• yes
    • no
    • don't care

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

82 posts in this topic

Posted

this can be a difference of 220 life at lvl 55 with same classes OR a 22 AP difference on some skills .. like Q from ranger

edit 22 AP is like a +15 dmg offhand ;)

as always. Source?

Posted

Who cares that Hitler gassed the jews then, nobody could tell so meh... no harm done then I guess.
Quiet please....

Did you just compare your hidden stat gain to the genocide of the jews?

I think you should be quiet.

1 person likes this

Posted

as always. Source?

as always ,learn to read

the skill description wich says: adds 10 % of life to damage

A little math for you : if u lvl up u can get 1-5 bonus life over the normal ammount 

worst case 1 and best case 5 ...the differnce is 4 .. lvl is 55 ... now do your math 

Posted

If a player finds he has less HP/MP than somebody else thanks to RNG, that player does not feel unique, that players instead feels like he has been shit on and is now gimped.

Great way to make us all feel unique where unique is either feeling you've been lucky to roll a good character or to absolutely hate your character because you got a shitty roll

5 people like this

Posted (edited)

You guys have a guild. I suggest you compare your hp/mp value if your class mates is on the same level.

So far the differences are around 1-3% on 56. Doesn't seem to be very "game breaking" to me. Also we don't know what hidden stats are effected, they could be utterly useless or very valuable. However judging by the gameplay expierence we had before we knew about this, i can't say that they would be noticable.

I don't want /hidden stats/, but i also don't care about them, they doesn't seem to provide a large benefit that would influence my pvp in a deciding matter.

I doubt many ppl will agree with me, since i am sure they believe if they had 30 hp and 20 mp more than FOR SURE they would have won that 1on1.

Edited by Jiav
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I'm OK with RNG but I would like to know what those stats are and what is my score in it as I would be able to work around them.

RNG should "remove" the cookie cutter effect we see in most RPGs but as long as we don't know more about our characters, it won't.

Edited by WeaselPaw

Posted

In before top guilds start kicking people or forcing them to relevel until optimal stat rolls achieved :P

1 person likes this

Posted

as always ,learn to read

the skill description wich says: adds 10 % of life to damage

A little math for you : if u lvl up u can get 1-5 bonus life over the normal ammount 

worst case 1 and best case 5 ...the differnce is 4 .. lvl is 55 ... now do your math 

there isnte any source given for the 1-5 in or thing. I can't find it. So I'm ftee to assume that's it's an out of ass stat until I see proof.Assuming it's true 220 difference would be significant.

Reality is that it's an rng based thing and hence the population will end up in a bell curve, I.e 95 % of the population will end up getting 80 to 110 health at 55 if I consider 2 standard deviations. So the other 5 percent is divided into getting 55-80 health or 110-275 health at level 55. Of course the math I've done is rudamentry and I apologise for that. 

Not a lot people anyways ending with such a difference.

It's he'll for min and max pupurposes. It's not the end of the world or even remotely iimportant. 

I'm gathering data from my guild and others to come up with a more concrete answer, who knows it may turn out to be awful. But the theorycrafted stuff here on the forums is lackluster.

Posted

In a game with PvP this is just BAD. Hell, it's BAD for ANY MMO. Seriously. 

Posted

Who cares that Hitler gassed the jews then, nobody could tell so meh... no harm done then I guess.
Quiet please....

LMAO @ that parallel

Posted

:c oh I made a mistake
I though the question was  Do you want to show RNG stat gain per level up?
instead of  Do you want (hidden) RNG stat gain per level up? so I clicked yes
:c

kami-no-mi-zo-shiru-sekai-elsie-llorando

Posted

If a player finds he has less HP/MP than somebody else thanks to RNG, that player does not feel unique, that players instead feels like he has been shit on and is now gimped.

Great way to make us all feel unique where unique is either feeling you've been lucky to roll a good character or to absolutely hate your character because you got a shitty roll

I remember arguing with you defending this game, now don't I look the fool.

You were right. Something big had to come out to display Daum/PA's total incompetence.

Posted

If people really want to blame 1-2% of a health difference as to why they lost a particular duel or a teamfight.... then you will continue to lose.

"The game is so unfair, I definitely lost because he had 40 more stamina than me. Oh, what's that? He farmed 100 more hours than me to have an AP/DP/Buff advantage? Who cares about that when he has RNG 40 stamina much OP such wow this game is broken!!11!!!!"

Listen to yourselves right now.

Posted

You were right. Something big had to come out to display Daum/PA's total incompetence.

Don't get me wrong I want this game to be great, at it's core"ish" it has the potential to be amazing but there's so many incredibly poor design and money oriented choices it requires people speaking out about it.

RNG for player stats for me ranks higher than anything for abysmal decisions, I still can't believe it's actually a "thing" though

Posted

:c oh I made a mistake
I though the question was  Do you want to show RNG stat gain per level up?
instead of  Do you want (hidden) RNG stat gain per level up? so I clicked yes
:c

kami-no-mi-zo-shiru-sekai-elsie-llorando

Ahh the 28 explained ^

Something big? I am finding it hard to focus on a specific show of incompetence... too many god damn mistakes for me to focus!!

DAUM PLEASE!! Slow down on the ----- ups... getting dizzy trying to keep up x_x

Posted

Action combat = Gear>>>All + hidden stats + lucking people RNGing +100 more all stats + ghuile suit + ???

Posted

If people really want to blame 1-2% of a health difference as to why they lost a particular duel or a teamfight.... then you will continue to lose.

"The game is so unfair, I definitely lost because he had 40 more stamina than me. Oh, what's that? He farmed 100 more hours than me to have an AP/DP/Buff advantage? Who cares about that when he has RNG 40 stamina much OP such wow this game is broken!!11!!!!"

Listen to yourselves right now.

Your mistake here is that you are not looking at the bigger picture... when you see someone run off with 10hp *Which does happen a lot* when he comes back after potting and kills you and you don't get away with 10hp... that is RNG, in most cases it wont matter, in some cases it will... the fact that in a small amount of fights they win simply because they got lucky with RNG... well, that is stupid in any competitive PVP, also take into consideration that if you have guild wars, the HP difference in total of all members can be huge depending on a lot of factors... getting lucky really does give you the edge.

Competitive <-- There should not be any unfair advantage given to people, getting a lucky item drop is fine because with time anyone can achieve it but... rng stats? you just perm gave them an edge and every small edge someone gets, the better their chances #Unfair

Action combat = Gear>>>All + hidden stats + lucking people RNGing +100 more all stats + ghuile suit + ???

+ secret 5 bonus AP for starting your name with Z + Bonus accuracy for that title you collected + Bonus boss drops because your name ends in a Y + ???

It wouldn't surprise me... Daum never fails to amaze me, I am in awe at how much 1 game can ----- up... I look forward to a years time where this none p2w game allows you to buy stats to help further *Balance* the game... Daum can you just put +10 accuracy on my ranger? yano... because you can? that is how your company works right? because you can?

Posted (edited)

Too bad, its part of the game.

Edited by Kuz
1 person likes this

Posted

turned-on.gif

Oh... you didn't want RNG stats in the game?? That's too bad...

No in all seriousness... this kinda blows. I wish it wasn't the way it is, but in all honesty I probably never would have noticed till I scrolled the forum, at least I feel unique now. 

Posted (edited)

So... RnG Stats - Signifying The Fundamentals of Regret (By: Handy Jobson) - Because of this you will find yourself in a position (Where you will regret some decisions in life) with the obligation to Re-level your character if your stats were $@#% roll, level 5 different characters of the same class to make sure your stats are not $#%@ roll, or figure out your hidden stats by petitioning a very arousing nude test runs to elope with mobs and 8 other people (To figure out what gear you need to build). Which is pretty senseless to me because the stats are hidden. It's like telling me to drink 8 different Light and Dark beers. When all I want is to sit back, and have a nice drink.

My ranger dies faster than any other ranger no matter how much DP I have, I've seen some rangers get gang-banged with less DP than me and crawl their way out of the mobs somehow barely unscathed. I get gang-banged on the other hand, and in 1 hit my butt is menstruating like a firehose, No lube, and no Mercy. I had to test out the DP difference with my friend so we took off our armor and we eloped with mobs and- ok you get what I mean. We test this $@#% out. Turns out he has more Hidden DP than AP, and I am vice-versa.

In a game solely focused on GvG and PvP this seems pretty unfair.

I personally feel that if you will have us go through that RnG Bull$@#% then I'd like to point out that this goes unnoticed until we reach Lv. 40~50, The point of No Return. I DON'T WANT TO GO THROUGH ALL THESE SKILL POINT QUESTS MORE THAN ONCE JUST TO FIGURE OUT WHICH VERSION OF THE CHARACTER IS OBSOLETE. This is the perfect excuse to make life skills Account Bound (Family bound) as well, Equivalent to Energy, and Contribution points . Because, once we reach the point of no return some of us will feel the obligation to restart for better stat rolls.

79156b9442301030e7d60a7de972c200.gif

Your confidence in your normal Accuracy^

1df436d51b5985477b642ca9edc7c685.gif

What actually happened^

Edited by Eithnul

Posted

If it is intentional, then why don't they show the values of what changed per level so we can have some indication? It is scary no one had any idea about this until now. Soon there wont be much difference in players AP and DP and these hidden stats will make a difference I believe. 

Posted

Everyone who is voting no on this... you are asking for the same, bland, boring experience you get in every other class-based cookie cutter MMO.

I like Pearl Abyss' choice to differentiate this way, as it forces players to observe and find ways to work on improving them.

I'd like to see more, not less of this in the future. Much more.

Posted

So... RnG Stats - Signifying The Fundamentals of Regret (By: Handy Jobson) - Because of this you will find yourself in a position (Where you will regret some decisions in life) with the obligation to Re-level your character if your stats were $@#% roll, level 5 different characters of the same class to make sure your stats are not $#%@ roll, or figure out your hidden stats by petitioning a very arousing nude test runs to elope with mobs and 8 other people (To figure out what gear you need to build). Which is pretty senseless to me because the stats are hidden. It's like telling me to drink 8 different Light and Dark beers. When all I want is to sit back, and have a nice drink.

My ranger dies faster than any other ranger no matter how much DP I have, I've seen some rangers get gang-banged with less DP than me and crawl their way out of the mobs somehow barely unscathed. I get gang-banged on the other hand, and in 1 hit my butt is menstruating like a firehose, No lube, and no Mercy. I had to test out the DP difference with my friend so we took off our armor and we eloped with mobs and- ok you get what I mean. We test this $@#% out. Turns out he has more Hidden DP than AP, and I am vice-versa.

In a game solely focused on GvG and PvP this seems pretty unfair.

I personally feel that if you will have us go through that RnG Bull$@#% then I'd like to point out that this goes unnoticed until we reach Lv. 40~50, The point of No Return. I DON'T WANT TO GO THROUGH ALL THESE SKILL POINT QUESTS MORE THAN ONCE JUST TO FIGURE OUT WHICH VERSION OF THE CHARACTER IS OBSOLETE. This is the perfect excuse to make life skills Account Bound (Family bound) as well, Equivalent to Energy, and Contribution points . Because, once we reach the point of no return some of us will feel the obligation to restart for better stat rolls.

Your confidence in your normal Accuracy^

What actually happened^

erm, it only effects hp/mp... nice testing bro.

Posted

I'm just relativising, in a game, you are a data, what difference does it make in this example :

data a confront data b

a is fixed at 3, b is random (d6)

a can be a character only if b is a weapon

b can be a character only if a is a weapon

a can be killed in one case between 4 possible outcome

b can be killed in one case between 4 possible outcome

So which is the player ? which is the character ?

In wow, a is the character

In BDO, b is the character

both have the same chance to die in each.

The issue was already addressed, now we hope fo PA to work on it.

If you want to go dices, then you should know that PvP and PvE is obviously affected by randomised stats, and the fact that we don't know how wide the bracket of randomization is just worsens this.

One player can get d20, d20, d20, other player can get d1, d1, d1. Obviously the second player will be at a disadvantage, even if both have same gear. And what is there left to do? Reroll? Hope for better rng at higher levels? We're talking about stats like health, which affects how long you can stay in combat and for some skills how much dmg you deal, stamina, mp/wp/that other thing, that affect how many skills you can use before popping a pot.

This affects EVERYTHING but life skills. >.>

Posted

Well if it all apparently balances out in the end, i don't really see the issue,

for example, loss in HP is gained in MP and vice versa,
if hidden stats are effected, it's prob just a simple point swap in opposite sides
like if hidden AP is affected, then DP is prob it's counterpart,

but just like everyone else, short of what was already confirmed, we are all grasping for straws,