• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

FIX EXP Loss when PKed, and gems loss.

25 posts in this topic

Posted

I have been losing a ton of exp when fishing, i use fishing as a way to make some extra cash when i need to go out or sleep, 

But almost every time now i get killed at least once, sometimes more then that now, they seem to not only mass kill players fishing, but then mass kill them AGAIN when they respawn. 

each time i lose 1% exp. i am over lvl 50 1% exp takes quite a bit to get, last night an hour only netted me 8% grinding with 3 other people. 

its a huge issue. 

there is pretty much not PK penalty for those who kill others, all the penalties seem to be for the player getting killed, they lose valuable exp, as well as gems in their gear and if your fishing you lose fish.

this needs to be fixed. the KR version had an effective system for deal with open PK but DAUM decided to completely remove it for the NA/EU version. 

they showed us their plan for a Bounty and karma system over a month ago, and we have yet to hear about it since, the games losing a lot of players because of this. 
and i really worry about its future, i dont want it to die like archeage.

DAUM PLEASE address the PK system. put the proper karma system in.

Posted

Make an alt for your fishing for the time being so they can't kill you. The PKers do lose karma at the moment.

Posted

Make an alt for your fishing for the time being so they can't kill you. The PKers do lose karma at the moment.

they do but the only down side for them is they cannot unflag as easily when it gets low, and thats not a deterrent because they just log onto another character and keep playing.

the karma system we have is a joke, there is not downside for doing it.
and the fact they go after AFK players means they are not interested in proper PvP, they are just trying to ruin the experience of other players.

-------------

there is also a fishing exp bonus running atm so more ppl are fishing to boost the stat.

3 people like this

Posted

the games losing a lot of players because of this

It is? I'd like to see your source.

Where is your suggestion? This post is just a complaint, not a suggestion.

Posted

It is? I'd like to see your source.

Where is your suggestion? This post is just a complaint, not a suggestion.

they showed us their plan for a Bounty and karma system over a month ago, and we have yet to hear about it since, the games losing a lot of players because of this. 

^ right there, learn to read. 

the evidence is in the forums and the rates on the servers. i have been playing since the head start i can tell when the playerbase is leaving, and when the forums where flooded with "im leaving because of the broken PK system" then i also know why.

i have lost 6% of my level today due to people killing fishers. 

Posted

^ right there, learn to read. 

the evidence is in the forums and the rates on the servers. i have been playing since the head start i can tell when the playerbase is leaving, and when the forums where flooded with "im leaving because of the broken PK system" then i also know why.

i have lost 6% of my level today due to people killing fishers. 

You missed my point entirely.

Provide links and sources to support your op and at the least try to capitalize the first word of each sentence and all 'i' letters. There is a sticky above all threads.

Posted (edited)

Get people to be aware that those people kill afk-fishers, contribute to their reputations being so bad that other people will kill them on sight (when they aren't wearing a ghillie suit at least). If they keep it up, even if you don't do anything about it or say anything, they'll piss off a lot of people and it will come back to haunt them. 

This game was marketed as having open world pvp, you knew what you were buying. Fish in safe zones if you want to be enitrely safe. Afk-fisher killer drama is player-driven content. There is very little of it because most sandbox aspects that was considered for being put into the game was reduced to hollow, predictable pve no-risk low-reward activities, but it's at least a bit interesting and unpredictable and results in people actually caring about what other people do in the game.

If I saw someone killing afk-fishers and I figured I kill them, I definitely would. It's a scumbag move, but it's nice and colourful that people can be scumbags and that other people can punish them for being a scumbag instead of the game itself being so punishing that it's practically impossible for anyone do anything shitty to someone at all.

Edited by Clearing

Posted

The first few times it happened to me, I was pissed.  But it is a risk you take by fishing in a combat zone on a character over 45.  It isn't something that needs changed and adds to the game.  There are now AFK killers and people that hunt the AFK killers.

You have a few different options.  Roll an alt for fishing and stay under level 45, find a safe zone to AFK fish, risk xp loss in a combat zone.

And if you decide to keep doing what you're doing, ffs take your armor off so you don't lose gems.

Posted

This game was marketed as having open world pvp, you knew what you were buying.

Not so much i was under the impression we would be getting the game with the KR karma system there was nothing i saw to suggest anything different.

i knew there was open PvP but i expected there to be a penalty system in place. 

Posted

Hard no, it would be more fun if we got the KR version though. 

EU and NA is mild af as it is...

Posted

Not so much i was under the impression we would be getting the game with the KR karma system there was nothing i saw to suggest anything different.

what are you even talking about ...

negative karma does nothing in our version lol ...

people with neg karma can be attacked everytime, everywhere and on death they have a chance that their item enchants get destroyed (from +15 to +14 and even lower) if that isnt a big downside on being a jerk and kill afk fishers - that doesnt make sense

Most afk fishing kills are because you are at war with the other guild - and there you dont lose xp - only afk fishing time

There are 2 solutions for your problem a) Fish on a lvl <44 character b) fish in safe zones

I have been losing a ton of exp when fishing, i use fishing as a way to make some extra cash when i need to go out or sleep, 

But almost every time now i get killed at least once, sometimes more then that now, they seem to not only mass kill players fishing, but then mass kill them AGAIN when they respawn. 

each time i lose 1% exp. i am over lvl 50 1% exp takes quite a bit to get, last night an hour only netted me 8% grinding with 3 other people. 

you are doing something wrong if you get 8% for an hour grinding at level 50 - even i at lvl 54 get more / hour.

At level 50 helms you get like 20 (no xp bonuses) - 50 (combat 50% scroll, milk tea, xp potion)% xp per hour depending on xp boosts and how strong your gear is / party gear is

Posted (edited)

That's an easy mistaken assumption to make I guess. They did say far in advance that RU and NA/EU would be less carebear, but it's not that easy to follow every piece of news.

Sorry that you thought the game would be different. It seems like a lot of different kinds of players wanting different kinds of things have gone into black desert because there isn't much else that fills those game niches, and Daum is trying to make some sort of compromise that doesn't completely satisfy anyone, so we have karma penalty but it's not that huge of a karma loss and not that hard to grind back and just generally avoid being in red karma and having the potential to lose enchantments.

Edited by Clearing

Posted

if you had informed your self, you could have known that before.

but you are basicly telling me you informed about the other versions and not about what we are getting when you bought it....

Posted

If you saw nothing to suggest it would be different then you didn't look at any information.  Everything suggested the system would be different.  There was nothing to suggest it would be the same as KR.

Posted

its a huge issue. 

there is pretty much not PK penalty for those who kill others, all the penalties seem to be for the player getting killed, they lose valuable exp, as well as gems in their gear and if your fishing you lose fish.

this needs to be fixed. the KR version had an effective system for deal with open PK but DAUM decided to completely remove it for the NA/EU version. 

50lvl? 1hour = 8%? u do something wrong... since on 51/52 you can make 40%/hour

Posted (edited)

Most afk fishing kills are because you are at war with the other guild - and there you dont lose xp - only afk fishing time

Your wrong on this point, most AFK fishing kills are done by AoE killing the whole group to loot the fish. 
and just because they can. 

There is no downside to being a PK prick on our version so all the pricks do it. 

hell i get shot at by randoms just riding along a road. there is no guild war.

-------------------------------

----- this forum is just full to the brim of misinformed entitled -----ing morons.

The thread was to remove the exp loss when being PKed so its not just the player being killed that actually is at a loss. 

The current system punished the one killed not the killer, the killer can just jump toons when they want to play normal.

But the one killed is left with exp loss and the risk of losing gems.

Edited by Okottekoneko

Posted

you have some real problems i gues ... afk kill to loot the fish?? you can not loot a person you kill ... srsly wtf u are talking ...

if someone kills 5 player - he is negative karma and all his gear can be destroyed when getting killed ... i was neg karma once and will never do it again as i lost my livert +15 down to +10 within 7 deaths... no thx

Posted

you have some real problems i gues ... afk kill to loot the fish?? you can not loot a person you kill ... srsly wtf u are talking ...

if someone kills 5 player - he is negative karma and all his gear can be destroyed when getting killed ... i was neg karma once and will never do it again as i lost my livert +15 down to +10 within 7 deaths... no thx

actually trade items have a probability of being looted upon death of the target.

Posted

Your wrong on this point, most AFK fishing kills are done by AoE killing the whole group to loot the fish. and just because they can. 

Sounds like a great way to get some free fish.

You're getting free fish by going afk, why can't others find ways to get free fish while actually playing the game.

Posted

If you're saying that we should remove the exp penalty for pking, then we can might as well remove the karma lost. If you're gonna be fishing at the Velia hotspot, and killed for it, that's all on you. There are tons of gold hotspots that are within safe zones. In fact, there's literally one right next to Altinova. You don't even have to invest in another node to sell it.

Posted

op sounds like a butthurt child. 

Over xp weekend I got pk'd 3 times in popular spots.  big whoop.  I spent 72 hours manually / afk fishing.  I got pk'd 0 times at hotspots not posted on reddit, get your ass out of velia / ilya and profit.  also change channels.  ez

Posted

Your wrong on this point, most AFK fishing kills are done by AoE killing the whole group to loot the fish. and just because they can. 

There is no downside to being a PK prick on our version so all the pricks do it. 

hell i get shot at by randoms just riding along a road. there is no guild war.

-------------------------------

----- this forum is just full to the brim of misinformed entitled -----ing morons.

The thread was to remove the exp loss when being PKed so its not just the player being killed that actually is at a loss. 

The current system punished the one killed not the killer, the killer can just jump toons when they want to play normal.

But the one killed is left with exp loss and the risk of losing gems.

The only entitled one here is the one that thinks he should be able to fish in a combat zone on a character over level 45 and not risk losing xp or gems because he was too dense to remove his gear.

Posted

op sounds like a butthurt child. 

Over xp weekend I got pk'd 3 times in popular spots.  big whoop.  I spent 72 hours manually / afk fishing.  I got pk'd 0 times at hotspots not posted on reddit, get your ass out of velia / ilya and profit.  also change channels.  ez

can't change channels if you are afk. Also he should be butt hurt, people that kill afk fishers are cancer. Anyone that kills someone afk is for that matter. 

Posted

its a huge issue. 

the pkers (if they drop to negative karma) have lots to lose, but anyway.

why dont you fish in a safe zone?

we have a gold fishing spot in a freakin safe area now. just use it!

Posted

they do but the only down side for them is they cannot unflag

Entirely false. They also have a chance of losing enhancements (Dont even attempt to tell me otherwise, i know better.) on gear when they die. and have to flag to fight back and go even more negative if they are grinding it off. the penalties are super steep.