• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Whole computer freezes occasionally.

9 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

As topic says, my whole computer freezes when I'm playing BDO, only BDO, not any other game. It's completely random when it happens, but lately it has happened during boss fights, doesn't matter if I have very low or high graphic settings on, my fps is +60 most of the time unless heavy population on boss ecnounters.

I wonder if anyone else have had this problem, for me to solve it, I just need to alt tab, somehow that works and in 90% of the times I can go back and play, the other 10% the game crashes, oh well stops responding to be honest. 

Lets say I keep it frozen, the sound repeats on what happened that second, like when your computer loops 0.5 seconds of a song, you know what it sounds like, THAT kind of freeze I am experiencing.

My graphic card is an AMD R9 290, clocked and stable no worries there! I know I don't have the ABSOLUTE latest drivers, my current version: 16.15.2111-160314a-300947E

I will update to latest WHQL drivers, even tryout the beta drivers to see if it still happens.

EDIT:

Might aswell show my specs if any GM/CM reads it.

Intel Core i7 3770k @ 3.5ghz, turbo @ 3.9ghz (this is stock values) temps around 50C in-game.
AMD R9 290, 1000mhz/1300mhz, around 75-80C in-game.
16GB RAM @ 1600mhz
OCZ Vertex3 MAX IOPS 240gb

Edited by Kokefa

Posted

I have the very same issue for quite some time now.

Though for me it can happen even when I'm not playing any games and just watching a stream.

It can also be fine for a week or two and then it happens for a few days repeatedly.

I tried almost everything that comes to mind;

watching CPU/GPU temps

Re-installing OS

updating every driver

full check on RAM

full Virus/Malware scan

managing applications (start-up aswell)

The only thing I haven't checked yet are my SSD/HDDs.

Posted

Do you by any chance have an AMD graphic card? Or does Nvidia users have this aswell?

I haven't checked my SSD, but according to crystaldiskinfo it's in "good" status, with 20tb written and read, I think the lifetime for my ssd is 100tb, it's quite old, 4 years +-1 I think.

Posted

Do you by any chance have an AMD graphic card? Or does Nvidia users have this aswell?

I haven't checked my SSD, but according to crystaldiskinfo it's in "good" status, with 20tb written and read, I think the lifetime for my ssd is 100tb, it's quite old, 4 years +-1 I think.

MSI GTX 770 OC Lightning.

I was about to let some tech guy check my PC, but then again I'm addicted and wouldn't last a day without. ^_^

Going to get a new pc soon anyway, so I'll just bear with it some more.

Blergh... I'm babbling, this doesn't help your case. xD

Posted

If you look around there are lots of people in the game sometimes that are frozen like statues .... Meaning they are experiencing the same problem. This is usually caused by a data overflows and it is a bug in the software not in your computer :)

Posted (edited)

Exact same issue since launch and I haven't yet been able to narrow it down to any particular event.

As OP has stated, all one has to do is Alt-Tab and cycle through open windows back to the game to 'un-freeze' and continue playing.

Playing any other game is perfectly fine other than their own particular bugs/issues. Issue is similar to display driver not responding. Seems to be a failure of command input from GPU to display driver, or CPU fails to transfer command input to GPU. End result is game just sits on the last updated image.

System specs:

i5 2500 non-k @ stock clocks

8GB RAM @1866Mhz

Sapphire Tri-X OC r290X 4GB @ stock clocks

Samsung EVO 256GB SSD

On-board audio drivers.

Temperatures are solid, never reaching 70+ on any CPU cores or GPU, CPU never maxes out on usage, nor RAM, nor does GPU VRAM, all settings are max inclusive of High-End mode enabled in game options.

Drivers are latest Beta, had latest WHQL and prior drivers installed, all same issue.

Entire system always up to date, hardware and software always latest version inclusive of Beta versions unless flaw in most recent version.

Edited by BornDownUnder
Formatting.

Posted

if the game is freezing, its because your CPU is too cold.  try unplugging your CPU fan for a few minutes and let it warm up.

Posted

If I get disconnected for any reason at all I am better off just holding in my -----ing power button, because NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS the game WILL 100% of the time lock entirely trying to get back in the game.
ONE HUNDRED PERCENT

I believe that the game is creating a corrupted file in the video ram, because whenever the loading sequence for the game begins... artifacts galore until the inevitable entire system lock, hold the button in to turn off the pc, wait for nvidia to shit itself and crash the computer again, THEN MAYBE it will load this time, most often though I can go forget it.

No offense Daum but I have a quad core with 28 gigs of ram, nvidia gtx with 3 screens running other games at +150 fps. This game is locked at 60fps and WILL NOT even exit correctly, and a simple disconnect ABSOLUTELY demands a full system reboot, Git gud at programming or go away, which is the exact way your heading. In the 500ish hours I have invest in this game this pc has had MORE catastrophic reboots (forcing me to hold in the power button) then ALL of my other pc's combined.

Now that you obviously have players throwing money at you, you should really go hire some lackey programmer from Blizzard or Microsoft to workout the rising number of performance issues and ridiculous HALF ass programming that this game is wracked with.