• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Are rangers ready for death?

84 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

So with the release of Blader and Plum are rangers ready for the release of your anti class?

Edited by Soulshox

Posted

And next ninja and kunoichi.

1 person likes this

Posted

So with the release of Blader and Plum are rangers ready for their anti class?

Back to warrior section pleb

1 person likes this

Posted

Thats only good imo. Then People may stop Crying nerf, and taget Can fix some of the issues the class has

5 people like this

Posted

In all seriousness though. I think rangers are fine but a major factor was the asssasin type melee were missing to take them down.

Posted

I must be missing something, because without actual GvG sieges, most classes are our anti class, unless they are dumb enough to chase us in the open.

Posted

So with the release of Blader and Plum are rangers ready for the release of your anti class?

do u know how blader works? if yes, then how long didnt u check updates? xD 

Posted

Wait wait wait wait I thought Sorc / Tamer are anti ranger ? Is this real life ? 

Posted

In all seriousness though. I think rangers are fine but a major factor was the asssasin type melee were missing to take them down.

*Cough* Sorc?

4 people like this

Posted

Wait wait wait wait I thought Sorc / Tamer are anti ranger ? Is this real life ? 

yeah, blader was kind of anti-ranger class. before cbt2

Posted

Good, well-geared Sorcs, Warriors and Valks are already capable of shutting down rangers. 

Posted

Ranger is the "counter" to Tamer.
Sorc beats ranger easily but struggles more than against other classes.
Warrior/Valk are the absolute ranger counters, more so than blader/plum will be.

2 people like this

Posted

Dont think the new "classes" are horrible for Ranger. Later with aweaking Ranger get good mobility and can go out of this danger zones. 

Top for me will be forever Sorc... god this iframes is pure cancer. (some tips aginst sorcs?)

Posted

Ranger is the "counter" to Tamer.Sorc beats ranger easily but struggles more than against other classes.
Warrior/Valk are the absolute ranger counters, more so than blader/plum will be.

I rarely have problem with warrior / valk thou it's mostly the Sorc / Zerker and the tamer that kill me.

Somehow I can hit tamer but they rarely get KD by my skills and some become really annoying with their stagger. I know that sorc iframe is harder to deal with but somehow tamers just "pass-by" through your skill even though you time it perfectly. So idk 

Posted

I rarely have problem with warrior / valk thou it's mostly the Sorc / Zerker and the tamer that kill me.

Somehow I can hit tamer but they rarely get KD by my skills and some become really annoying with their stagger. I know that sorc iframe is harder to deal with but somehow tamers just "pass-by" through your skill even though you time it perfectly. So idk 

Because I assume you're not at the top tier of either levels, skill or gear. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRhRzUPMuhI

Posted

Dont think the new "classes" are horrible for Ranger. Later with aweaking Ranger get good mobility and can go out of this danger zones. 

Top for me will be forever Sorc... god this iframes is pure cancer. (some tips aginst sorcs?)

1. Get google fiber

2. Cry because servers are powered  by imported Vietnamese child labor hamsters and sorcs will still iframe more with lag than their actual iframes

Posted

Because I assume you're not at the top tier of either levels, skill or gear. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRhRzUPMuhI

no just that I survived 99.99% of warrior/valk combo and walk out alive.

Posted

no just that I survived 99.99% of warrior/valk combo and walk out alive.

Exactly, they're bad with lower levels and crap gear.
The balance between classes changes significantly with those factors. At current max gear warrior/valk are hard counters to ranger. 0% chance. 

Posted

You have 0 CC resist? :/

I'm not in the video so don't know who you refer to. 

Posted

I'm not in the video so don't know who you refer to. 

You got any spesific times when you use call from sky when 1v1 or in a small skirmish during ur rotatio or smth? Or only when tanking/low mana/ getting engaged or ccd on?. Just curious to hear if u got any pointers i get it that ur not on the vid.

Posted

You got any spesific times when you use call from sky when 1v1 or in a small skirmish during ur rotatio or smth? Or only when tanking/low mana/ getting engaged or ccd on?. Just curious to hear if u got any pointers i get it that ur not on the vid.

I don't use rotations, I use skills according to the situation... or at least I try to.
I use call of the sky almost exclusively to avoid CC though as getting CC'd is instant death. For example I'll call of the sky warrior's spear and the ranged stun slash, kind of have to predict them though which is only easy against bad warriors that are easy to read. 

Posted

I don't use rotations, I use skills according to the situation... or at least I try to.I use call of the sky almost exclusively to avoid CC though as getting CC'd is instant death. For example I'll call of the sky warrior's spear and the ranged stun slash, kind of have to predict them though which is only easy against bad warriors that are easy to read. 

Yh ofc but u still have basic core sets u do often.

Posted

Yh ofc but u still have basic core sets u do often.

Not really, I don't think ranger is a very combo heavy class. We lack the CC to be able to lock somebody down for a combo.

Posted

Not really, I don't think ranger is a very combo heavy class. We lack the CC to be able to lock somebody down for a combo.

When berserker rushes u u will of the wind around him. When you wanna go for max burst output and some1 is close u will of the wind shotgun combo. When you are long range from classes like sorc u blasting gust around him and try dodge abilities, if he comes close u circle with will of the wind or call of the sky when hes getting closer etc. That kind of stuff i ment.