• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

The horses prices demands an increase for the market to work

31 posts in this topic

Posted

In order for the breeding market to have any success or value for either the buyer or the seller we need to higher the prices.

There wont be sold any horses at all with the current prices. T3 horses goes for 90k. T6 probably goes for 5m.

If no one wants to sell horses with the current value of horses and no one is able to buy horses because of that. Why should we have the system then? almost no one use it.

My recommendation is to increase the prices 5-10 times. A T6 should go for 30-50m not just a few millions. I hope we can reach an understanding on this and find a solution for it. Because right now. It's kinda dead.

3 people like this

Posted

My T6 level 30 horse with a breed on it goes for 25 million.

Posted

My T6 level 30 horse with a breed on it goes for 25 million.

that's not even close to the amount of time spent to get the t6, and then level 30. You could have made 3 times as much money easily fishing.

Posted

that's not even close to the amount of time spent to get the t6, and then level 30. You could have made 3 times as much money easily fishing.

Okay, but that's kinda irrelevant to the point the OP was trying to make where he said a T6 should go for 30-50m and I'm saying they already go for 25m.

Also you don't breed horses for money.  Short of T8's, there's never any reason you'd want to sell your horse since it could always be merged for a fresh start.

Posted

Okay, but that's kinda irrelevant to the point the OP was trying to make where he said a T6 should go for 30-50m and I'm saying they already go for 25m.

Also you don't breed horses for money.  Short of T8's, there's never any reason you'd want to sell your horse since it could always be merged for a fresh start.

That is the point though, the present prices set for horses makes it completely pointless to sell them. The time and effort does not equal the pay out, a t6 level 30 should go for well over 50 million, easily. 

2 people like this

Posted

That is the point though, the present prices set for horses makes it completely pointless to sell them. The time and effort does not equal the pay out, a t6 level 30 should go for well over 50 million, easily. 

You're not understanding.

Even if I had a T6 male that was worth 100 million I wouldn't sell it.  I'd use it to work towards T7/T8.  There's virtually no scenario where I'd want to sell horses that aren't the cap because each time I sell a horse I'm removing a chance at a T8.  Even if I end up in my current scenario where I have 6 T6 males and no females to breed them that's just the nature of the RNG breeding game and I could just as easily end up with tons of females later to breed with.

The prices aren't the problem, the scarcity is.

Posted (edited)

In order for the breeding market to have any success or value for either the buyer or the seller we need to higher the prices.

There wont be sold any horses at all with the current prices. T3 horses goes for 90k. T6 probably goes for 5m.

If no one wants to sell horses with the current value of horses and no one is able to buy horses because of that. Why should we have the system then? almost no one use it.

My recommendation is to increase the prices 5-10 times. A T6 should go for 30-50m not just a few millions. I hope we can reach an understanding on this and find a solution for it. Because right now. It's kinda dead.

Now that you can AFK your horses, I'd say "no".

The fact that AFK fishing is so damned lucrative is something that should itself be fixed, not aspired to.

Edited by Malthrax

Posted

Even if I had a T6 male that was worth 100 million I wouldn't sell it.  I'd use it to work towards T7/T8.  There's virtually no scenario where I'd want to sell horses that aren't the cap because each time I sell a horse I'm removing a chance at a T8.  Even if I end up in my current scenario where I have 6 T6 males and no females to breed them that's just the nature of the RNG breeding game and I could just as easily end up with tons of females later to breed with.

Why do people farm (and sell) Ogre Rings then? 

Or maybe you think that those people that sell Ogre Rings are those who are killing the Ogres during the Black Spirit quest, with no node investment, no knowledge and possibly 0 Luck.

Posted

We do not presently have t7 and t8 though, at the moment t6 is our max, and i do understand, and wouldn't sell either, but sometimes you end up with extra horses of a specific tier and wanna make some money, but that's not an option with the pathetic prices being offered.

Posted

Why do people farm (and sell) Ogre Rings then? 

Or maybe you think that those people that sell Ogre Rings are those who are killing the Ogres during the Black Spirit quest, with no node investment, no knowledge and possibly 0 Luck.

k7rshRN.gif

We do not presently have t7 and t8 though, at the moment t6 is our max, and i do understand, and wouldn't sell either, but sometimes you end up with extra horses of a specific tier and wanna make some money, but that's not an option with the pathetic prices being offered.

You should read up and keep educated on a topic.  There's multiple T7's that have been birthed now.  Feel free to check out the Horse Results thread.

Posted

snip

You didn't get my point fully. The fact that some people use their Ogre Rings does not mean that everyone uses them. At the same time, the fact that you decide that "Even if I had a T6 male that was worth 100 million I wouldn't sell it.", it doesn't automatically mean that every "trainer" would decide to save a t6 for breeding instead of selling it.

The price IS the problem. If the Ogre Ring was worth 10 times less, you would see a lot less people trying to sell it because it would be terribly underpriced. 

1 person likes this

Posted

T7 is in EU. people already got it, go to the massive horse thread.

Posted

T7 is in EU. people already got it, go to the massive horse thread.

there is also t7 in NA as well, they are only purebreds though so you can only get 3 of the possible 6+ different types of T7 horses

Posted

You sell them to friends/guildmates :)

Posted

I actually disagree. I would definitely sell my T6 males if they would go for 50+ million. Why? Primarily because horse training is what I spend most of my active time on, meaning I have very little other means of making money. Selling 1 T6 every other time I get one won't ruin my chances of shooting for a T7/T8. Of course it means I'm down another horse, but in reality the female to male ratio will likely mean that I have too many males regardless. 

I don't think they will improve the sales prices, but I hope they will. At the moment I'm content using one of my T6 as my main mount and I'm not intending to sell any females I come by. The excess males, however? Hell yeah.

3 people like this

Posted

Agreed on Horse prices should be increased A LOT
Only "Good looked after skills" increase the price, I have breed several T6 that can be sold on 3m. How comes if a T6 Horse dont have sprint is pure shit?
 If i ask my mates how much they would pay for a T6 Horse they say 10x that price...why would i sell it? 
Horse Breding requires time many people are not up to invest, even with afk autoloop they could be fishing and getting silvers...not everyone will breed horses, so why not make it a good profession you could make money with? 

Posted

Lol i'd buy t6 for 3mil without even thinking twice. (probably spitting out whatever i'd have in mouth if i saw this on market)

Posted

Lol i'd buy t6 for 3mil without even thinking twice. (probably spitting out whatever i'd have in mouth if i saw this on market)

Just bought one for 13 Million loll

Posted

Those people who sold their T4 and up horses were DUMB AS HELL

Posted

What is the materials being use in the horse?? Compared to crafting!!

In training horse you just auto loop them w/ no problem at all w/ an alt toon that is below lvl 45.

Posted

Bought a T4 horse for 40k. Awesome :)

Bought a T4 horse for 40k. Awesome :)

Posted (edited)

Thats your opinion, nobody cares. OP is right, horse prices are too low, some people might want to enjoy playing the game but can't afford so because they have no money as trainers.

Edited by Samurro

Posted

Prices are abysmal of course. I feel sorry for those who have no other investment but horses. 

Personally I dont make as much money as afk fishers because I afk train instead but I still manage to make little something with wagons, tools and similar stuff I can craft. If I was just doing horses I would be too broke to buy even carrots. Its a shame.

Posted

Horse breeding is for horse breeders. By that I mean it is those players who have an interest in it. I have two t2 horses since I could purchase them inexpensively and have no interest in paying any more for the t3's unless the prices go down, which they will because horse breeders keep breeding them.

Supply and demand. Keep breeding higher tier horses and attempting to sell them and the prices will continue to decrease not increase. Then the more casual players such as myself will have no interest in paying for higher tier horses if prices are increased and why should they be anyway when the horse breeders continue to breed more of them in their pursuit of the next higher tier.

I guess all horses can be leveled to 30 by players such as myself and for me that horse would be good enough. Then why even buy a t3 at 0 level again? Think of your market potential other than what they are worth to you for the time put into them. An increase in the sales prices for horses will only lesson it as not being worth the price for others to pay, I would say.

I guess it is fun to breed them to keep getting higher tiers and there is satisfaction in that. Maybe that is what it is all about, with occasionally selling a few of the extras?

Posted

My T3 would go for 1.9mil.