• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Voting: Forced Perma RNG In Stat Increase Upon Level

Voting: Forced Perma RNG In Stat Increase Upon Level   256 votes

1. 1. Title says it all

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't Care

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

66 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I wasn't in contradiction, since the rebalance is only needed due to what op wants

Oh let's start then :

1. PA has to choose fixed stats by level
  2. PA has to calculate for each type of equipment, what would be the correct ap/dp range to have a wow style combat (wouldn't be very fun if nobody could harm nobody due to stats being equalized)
  3. PÄ has then to recode COMPLETELY the combat system
  4. Then PA has to recode COMPLETELY every equipment
  5. Finally, due to people complaining in masse of their stats being reduced, their weapons not doing as much damage as it used.... has to reimburse every character depending of their original stats. that means at least one by player btw

^ Clearly has never developed or been part of a developing game in their life...

I myself enjoy making indie games using the Unity engine, I know things are a lot different but I know well enough that half of them points you made are just complete speculation to make your argument seem better... anybody here that is a coder will be able to tell you that what you are talking about is just a good example of terribly bad code...

Oh and bad practice, you take peoples concerns into account to make a fun game, you don't bend over and give people like you what they "Think" they want... daum is on the other side though and gives us everything we absolutely fking hate... Ty daum, I would really like to know where your stats come from

Edited by jjplay175

Posted

The stat differences in health due to leveling are -minimal- at most. The majority of your stats, the ones that will actually affect things in a significant manner, comes from gear not your levels. Someone who has nearly 3,000 HP doesn't have that because they "got lucky" per level with their health "roll", they have that much because of their gear, gems, and likely a high level/max level Health.

Don't make a big deal out of something so absolutely minimal that until now you 100% didn't even realize was there.

Posted

According to all the data provided so far the differences in stats between characters are minimal, you guys are literally crying oceans over nothing

Posted

which part doesn't make sense to you?

everything. there isnt even a question.

what's supposed to be the question?

"do you think it exists?"

"do you like it?"

"should it be removed?"

Posted

According to all the data provided so far the differences in stats between characters are minimal, you guys are literally crying oceans over nothing

Exactly, like I said it's so minimal and obviously so minimal by the fact that people complaining about it now didn't even realize it was there.

Posted

The stat differences in health due to leveling are -minimal- at most. The majority of your stats, the ones that will actually affect things in a significant manner, comes from gear not your levels. Someone who has nearly 3,000 HP doesn't have that because they "got lucky" per level with their health "roll", they have that much because of their gear, gems, and likely a high level/max level Health.

Don't make a big deal out of something so absolutely minimal that until now you 100% didn't even realize was there.

It's a small issue at most... but it is an issue! I wouldn't have an issue with 1, I would just put a simple comment saying it doesn't need to be a thing... the true problem is that I am running out of paper to take notes of all the terrible decisions and mistakes they are making! it's the quantity of problems that concerns me and the major issue of "What will they ruin next?" This game has amazing potential but I have no faith in it now... Daum ruined that, I just lay down and wait for their next mistake and I am waiting for that 1 thing to pop up that makes me decide to just stop playing.

#DaumsNextMistake <-- This so needs to be a twitter thing, got to start making a list

Posted

I like RNG/lvl... But i also thing game should be somehow fair... So you should be able to increase every stat by the way you do with stamina/str... SO RNG/lvl, but same cap with another progression added...

SO lets say you end up with 1k hp at lvl 50 and your friend with 900hp at 50... And limit with HP training would be 1200max hp (not 200bonus hp)... so he would need to eat more, but he would be able to catch up... ANd not be left as gimped char in tis core, just bcs rng and lulz...

Posted (edited)

everything. there isnt even a question.

what's supposed to be the question?

"do you think it exists?"

"do you like it?"

"should it be removed?"

As I have said to someone else who asked on the first page...

The question is do you want your stats to be rng upon a level up? (regardless of what it is currently set as).

Yes, no, or you don't really care.

I hope this clears it up for you. If not, I can't help you any further than that...

Edited by Vardahoth

Posted

Exactly, like I said it's so minimal and obviously so minimal by the fact that people complaining about it now didn't even realize it was there.

Blood pressure of all mix-maxers just increased by 20%...

Posted

Except it didn't ruin anything, no one even noticed this and now people are just latching onto something new to complain about for absolutely no reason at all. Its not an issue, or even a minimal issue, when it very clearly has little to -no- impact on anything.

This is an intended mechanic that is in the game and very clearly has been in the game since the beginning.

Posted

I like RNG/lvl... But i also thing game should be somehow fair... So you should be able to increase every stat by the way you do with stamina/str... SO RNG/lvl, but same cap with another progression added...

SO lets say you end up with 1k hp at lvl 50 and your friend with 900hp at 50... And limit with HP training would be 1200max hp (not 200bonus hp)... so he would need to eat more, but he would be able to catch up... ANd not be left as gimped char in tis core, just bcs rng and lulz...

Not that this would happen but it would mean that when people get a better roll they need to work less and it saves them time, I could class them as lucky and get on with it... if I got less I would feel unlucky... and get on with it

Posted

"Title says all"

needs to be changed to: 

"Do you support permanent RNG stat increase upon level up?"

As it stands we don't know if the poll is accurate.

Posted (edited)

Except it didn't ruin anything, no one even noticed this and now people are just latching onto something new to complain about for absolutely no reason at all. Its not an issue, or even a minimal issue, when it very clearly has little to -no- impact on anything.

This is an intended mechanic that is in the game and very clearly has been in the game since the beginning.

Little impact, it has an impact, there will always be situations that it will impact, if you have 1hp more than me then in a months time you will survive some situations I would of not, but it's not that big of a concern! this adds onto a lot of other things I am not happy about with this game, saying having 20hp more than someone causes no impact at all is just illogical, all logic and law of averages will specifically show that they will indeed benefit and survive things and thus cause an impact

Edited by jjplay175

Posted

Thing is, why does this RNG on leveling up even exists? Obviously not for the so called "uniqueness" the devs claimed.

Posted (edited)

"Title says all"

needs to be changed to: 

"Do you support permanent RNG stat increase upon level up?"

As it stands we don't know if the poll is accurate.

I agree, it was worded very poorly, I had to read the comments to understand the question

ps: (Waiting for someone to quote my earlier comment saying that it will rarely impact things so it doesn't matter, any unfair impact is too much)

Edited by jjplay175

Posted

Little impact, it has an impact, there will always be situations that it will impact, if you have 1hp more than me then in a months time you will survive some situations I would of not, but it's not that big of a concern! this adds onto a lot of other things I am not happy about with this game, saying having 20hp more than someone causes no impact at all is just illogical, all logic and law of averages will specifically show that they will indeed benefit and survive things and thus cause an impact

Obviously the impact doesn't change anything as opposed to other stats in the game. Like I said, no one even noticed this until some guy just got curious. Now everyone is pulling out their torches and pitchforks over something that is ultimately so minuscule that it will do absolutely nothing to either save you or hinder you in the actual gameplay.

The only things that will ultimately affect your ability to survive are larger stat increases from your gear (50 hp, 100 hp, etc) not the difference of 1-10 health from that RNG roll when you level. How well do you think a comment like "I lost because he had 10 more health than me!" is going to go over? In the history of gaming that is probably one of the more laughed at excuses. Just being blunt here.

Posted (edited)

According to someone from the last thread, the lvl up stats are divided between hp, mp & some hidden stats (was an answer from devs in bdo kr), so if you have 20 less hp than someone else you will have more of some other stats. In almost all of the base stats I've seen posted on the ranger forum people with less hp had more mana (except for 1 or 2 cases where someone had both less hp & mp, in which I assume they had more of some hidden stat).

So sure, he may survive a couple times because of his hp, but then in the same time span you will survive a couple of times from having more mana and getting that one extra skill off. The only problem I have with this is that some of our (rng) stats are hidden.

Edited by detached

Posted

From what I understand levels 1-50 the max swing is between 50 and 250 hp.

That's notable, sure, but I'm not so sure it's something worth making a big stink about. Being on the extreme end of either of those bonuses are pretty unlikely and most people have roughly the same bonus hp anyways.

Now the real kicker... if HP / MP (whatever) concerns you... you've got a plethora of hidden stats and modifiers that are *never* expressed in any way that you can interpret.

If PA is willing to embed all kinds of hidden junk that they never tell you about I'm not so sure they actually care about HP/MP and afaik have expressed no interest in changing that. Not saying I love it, just don't think Pearl Abyss even slightly cares.

1 person likes this

Posted

My god these forums are buggy, anyway sorry if the title is unclear (used to working with smart people where short and simple works).

THE QUESTION OF THIS POLL IS "DO YOU WANT YOUR STAT (ALL STATS, NOT JUST HP AND MP) INCREASE UPON LEVEL UP TO BE STATIC OR FORCED PERMANENT RNG"

Posted

My god these forums are buggy, anyway sorry if the title is unclear (used to working with smart people where short and simple works).

THE QUESTION OF THIS POLL IS "DO YOU WANT YOUR STAT (ALL STATS, NOT JUST HP AND MP) INCREASE UPON LEVEL UP TO BE STATIC OR FORCED PERMANENT RNG"

These "smart people" you work with, do you work with an international audience?

I got the gist of what you were getting at but it's not very clearly worded. Do try and remember that this community is made up of people who speak many different languages, and being as clear as possible is pretty useful.

Posted (edited)

These "smart people" you work with, do you work with an international audience?

I got the gist of what you were getting at but it's not very clearly worded. Do try and remember that this community is made up of people who speak many different languages, and being as clear as possible is pretty useful.

Yes, people are from china and india, and I work with (and support) a team of 2000++ engineers.

I cleared it up on my first post.

Edited by Vardahoth

Posted

Yes, people are from china and india, and I work with (and support) a team of 2000++ engineers.

Ok, so can you at least start to factor in that you're talking primarily to gamers, most of them are going to be under 30, most of them wont be in that top % of education in their countries?

I'm dubious you'd use such cursory communication to deal with work that involved engineers, but you really should be a bit more clear.

Posted (edited)

Ok, so can you at least start to factor in that you're talking primarily to gamers, most of them are going to be under 30, most of them wont be in that top % of education in their countries?
I'm dubious you'd use such cursory communication to deal with work that involved engineers, but you really should be a bit more clear.

People I work with don't like to read long paragraphs. They want things kept short. The title is "Voting: Forced Perma RNG In Stat Increase Upon Level" and the answers of "yes", "no", or "I don't care".

I really didn't think it would be that complicated. I will try in the future to remember when speaking to gamers to be very clear and precise with every little word and phrase I make in my sentences.

Edited by Vardahoth

Posted

Obviously the impact doesn't change anything as opposed to other stats in the game. Like I said, no one even noticed this until some guy just got curious. Now everyone is pulling out their torches and pitchforks over something that is ultimately so minuscule that it will do absolutely nothing to either save you or hinder you in the actual gameplay.

What are you on about... this game is rng anyway, your chance of hitting varies! if anything happens, and they survive you just put it down to getting an unlucky miss... that's like you having lost a bit of your capability to make rational decisions but you don't complain because it's just how it is! and then 5 years down the line finding out that the pills a dr was giving you was the reason all along! and then you complaining and everyone going "Well you didn't complain before when you didn't know the pills were doing it, now you're just complaining for the hell of it"

That is the most retarded defence I have ever heard! "You didn't know something was wrong so you didn't complain" thus we have no reason to complain? Please just leave the internet... with this logic anything we do illegally is fine if we don't tell people because they don't know and when they find out they have no reason to complain because they didn't complain before!

And if you are unable to realize that any difference in HP or any stat has the chance of actually turning a fight then you truly do lack the capability to be part of this argument... if everyone in the country got given 100 tickets but they decided to give every house that has the number 1 in it an extra... that guys 100 tickets might of failed but that 1 extra he got gives him the win that would of been someone else's! the chances of this happening are slim, true! but... this case isn't happening once in a lifetime, once in a year, this is happening 1000's of times daily... if you roll chances 1000 times a day but you make adjustments that give 1 side a slight small... chance of surviving then out of the odds of 1000 fights... it will actually cause an impact! a small one yes... one that doesn't matter too much yes... then when you get Node wars where there will be 100's of people on each side, that battle will have this chance rolled several times over several varied battles, sometimes it will balance out but sometimes this may be the deciding factor in which it shouldn't of been.

That is my point "sometimes this may be the deciding factor in which it shouldn't of been."

Posted (edited)

That is the most retarded defence I have ever heard! "You didn't know something was wrong so you didn't complain" thus we have no reason to complain? Please just leave the internet... with this logic anything we do illegally is fine if we don't tell people because they don't know and when they find out they have no reason to complain because they didn't complain before!

That wasn't my point. My point wasn't that "You didn't know something was wrong so you didn't complain" its that "There obviously wasn't anything wrong with it prior to you learning about it."

Difference of wording can change meanings. It means that this obviously isn't exactly a problem/issue due to the fact that it wasn't causing problems with anyone prior to the knowledge now being more widely known. It is only, for some reason, now a problem/issue/something is wrong because one person got curious and now those who moan and complain about nearly everything just have one other thing to moan and complain about.

There obviously wasn't anything wrong with it before Jouska said "We have learned this is an intentional mechanic" and suddenly everyone loses their minds despite it causing absolutely zero issues prior and it very clearly was not affecting gameplay between players to such a significant extent that many believe that it does.

Its a very classic case of making a mountain out of a mole hill.

Also like I said, if you were ever to make the excuse of "He had 10 extra max HP than I do, thats why he won" who do you think would take you seriously in PvP after that? In MMORPGs, and even many beloved e-sports games, there are always people you run into that have more health than you through whatever means. Either the HP scales differently for that specific class/champion/character or they have an item you don't, or they use certain runes/gems/talents/skills/etc than you do. Yes this is RNG oriented but it is absolutely no different than any other circumstance where someone "has more health than you." Also by default some of the classes we have do get more HP than others simply due to the abilities they have. So, really, its all moot in the grand scheme because you are always, -always-, going to encounter this scenario and if your excuse is "I lost because they have 10 more max HP than I did" then the problem is not the RNG, its you.

Edited by Jefferson