• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

pm diary PM Diary 2.1 - Party System and Energy Changes

666 posts in this topic

Posted

Energy System

Unlike the KR version, processing requires energy. Especially at a lower level this may slow you down more than you might enjoy. However, this feature is part of a controlling mechanism to prevent the marketplace to be overflowed with certain items, hence destroying the actual benefit from using that feature in the first place and to partially slow down the progress in benefit of the game’s longevity.

However, we have taken your feedback into consideration and the result should be in everyone’s interest. Energy Potions will not be sold in the Cash Shop. In addition, it is currently being discussed to add a system that allows players to consult an NPC that will magically transfer your unused energy into an Energy Potion which can be sold on the marketplace. Ultimately this will lead to a shift of energy and allow people to collect energy over time to utilize it when needed.

Additionally, processing at a higher profession level will receive a chance of not consuming any energy at random.

Make me wonder if the gm ever played Black Desert if they did and you played it as a pve you would know that there is no way you would have unused energy to sell. It is used in everything and to say it will slow down the market I guess it must been in a different game I never find the market flooded with anything other then maybe gear everything I place on the market is gone in and hour. For Energy I have over 300 points of energy and every day it all gone. When end of day come around any extra goes into node that you should be investing in to get better drop maybe you never learn that eather.

1 person likes this

Posted

Does the US/EU version have horrible energy regen when offline? If so, this needs to be addressed. It was horrible in "that other game", and I'm playing the Russian version right now and it's driving me insane. Why encourage people to afk?

1 person likes this

Posted

This energy change looks like BDO actively trying to kill its own crafting system. With the extremely slow energy regeneration, crafting would take ages or get extremely expensive (buying potions from others). Its hard enough for a new player to understand the complexities of the craftying system. If it also takes days due to the energy very few players will veen bother with it.

Posted

This energy change looks like BDO actively trying to kill its own crafting system. With the extremely slow energy regeneration, crafting would take ages or get extremely expensive (buying potions from others). Its hard enough for a new player to understand the complexities of the craftying system. If it also takes days due to the energy very few players will veen bother with it.

definately won't be bothering with it if it stays like this..

1 person likes this

Posted

@DrWOokie The KR version is actually made so you should never EVER log off. The devs actually make a prompt that asks if you want to minimize it into the task bar and people afk run from point A to point B to get certain stats up on their characters, horses, and donkeys. So afk encouragement for the win! (which I am 100% fine with as long as everyone is allowed to do it that means no one is at a disadvantage)

@Finuc What I heard from your post is that you want to be instantly gratified and be able to build a boat in 2 hours and be max level in 3 days and connect every single node in the game in a week....So it takes me a week to build a boat and I have a feeling of accomplishment.....why is this a bad thing? The devs are actually already making the game quicker for us because we don't like the grind and want to get everything instantly but people are still screaming EZMODE NOW!!!!! With that said the values could be a bit higher then they need to be so many they could lower them a bit but to turn it off completely I wouldn't agree with.

Posted

@DrWOokie The KR version is actually made so you should never EVER log off. The devs actually make a prompt that asks if you want to minimize it into the task bar and people afk run from point A to point B to get certain stats up on their characters, horses, and donkeys. So afk encouragement for the win! (which I am 100% fine with as long as everyone is allowed to do it that means no one is at a disadvantage)

@Finuc What I heard from your post is that you want to be instantly gratified and be able to build a boat in 2 hours and be max level in 3 days and connect every single node in the game in a week....So it takes me a week to build a boat and I have a feeling of accomplishment.....why is this a bad thing? The devs are actually already making the game quicker for us because we don't like the grind and want to get everything instantly but people are still screaming EZMODE NOW!!!!! With that said the values could be a bit higher then they need to be so many they could lower them a bit but to turn it off completely I wouldn't agree with.

actually when considering the afk systems i think they been very smart :) they made it so you have to choose what you use your afk time on, instead of just giving people who exploit the system an advantage, they made that "exploitence" into part of the gameplay and choices. which is very impressive.

also i have been majorly against the energy system due to it limiting your fun. but with the ability to store energy in bottle's and the fact that with energy what you use your energy on actually matters because there is strong limits on how much energy is around makes it all positive i think :)

my only REAL big problem with energy right now, is that it is not shared between all characters, so having 20 characters will give you 20 times the energy to work with, which is obviously broken and bs -.-

Posted

Its amazing to see this kind of dedication from the devs. I just hope I can get into the next beta to help you guys out :)

Posted

@sxsilver You misunderstood. I do like the fact that it takes time to complete stuff. Note that I did say, I'm fine for the boat taking 3+ days... but the fact that processing takes energy is tipping the scale. While in KR I can spend time building my energy by fishing OR processing stuff (and believe me you need to process a LOT of stuff for ALL KINDS of things). It will still require a massive amount of dedication and effort to craft and build things... and I like it.

However, when processing is taking energy, it means that I can't do ANYTHING while waiting my energy to build up. It's killing the game completely as 95% of any activity takes energy. I can't quest, harvest, invest nodes, process, craft... I can't do anything... All I can do is just sit still and wait for my energy to come up... and as soon it doesn, I will again have to spend ALL of it just to process some parts... and again wait. Do note that in my calculation processing costing energy will increase the time it takes to do stuff by 20%.. This is if you spend 24/7 actively online doing nothing else, except waiting for your energy to build and then spend it before it caps out (because if it caps, you "lose" energy restoration time = even longer times to complete stuff)... 

When even now in KR (with free processing) you are constantly short of energy, I fail to see any - absolutely ANY reason to make it worse. At least now you could spend time processing stuff... (for example, you could harvest stuff, and when energy is out, process it all and gain energy and then go out again). 

The solution of making processing cost energy has absolutely 0% of value of the gameplay - instead it risks the game being killed and dying as it will FORCE people to AFK doing nothing... I can see lot of poeple a) moving back / starting KR instead b) moving on for other MMOs (not like there any shortage of those)...  it's a highly competitive market and this is a very dangerous move... 

- Finuc -

P.S. Yes - you can go grind mobs, but as you already have to do that a lot, crafting and such are the balancing actions for it and works fine - but with this change that balance is hugely affected and is a serious danger for the gameplay... I still maintain that this decision was born dead and was very ill thought out of and I am absolutely stunned that they have not realized the full effect of this "imporvement" and the absolutely catastrophic dangers it is bringing for the success of this game in EU/NA.

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

When it was said you can save and maybe sell your energy that was funny being I have a cap on my energy in kr of over 300 and I use mine up every day and never enough if not on one thing it gone on something else and any leftover goes to nodes to get better drop. So I guess they just want to turn this in to a pvp game and nothing else oo wait they will not have gear or potions because no one will be crafting them.  I guess that leave just the boring thing of killing mobs because you cannot do quest have no energy. So sure sound like a game that will die and I be back in KR. Be nice to have and English version so have people to talk to but look like the want a pvp version not a Kr version were you have so many different things you could do

Edited by Amieelee
2 people like this

Posted

When it was said you can save and maybe sell your energy that was funny being I have a cap on my energy in kr of over 300 and I use mine up every day and never enough if not on one thing it gone on something else and any leftover goes to nodes to get better drop. So I guess they just want to turn this in to a pvp game and nothing else oo wait they will not have gear or potions because no one will be crafting them.  I guess that leave just the boring thing of killing mobs because you cannot do quest have no energy. So sure sound like a game that will die and I be back in KR. Be nice to have and English version so have people to talk to but look like the want a pvp version not a Kr version were you have so many different things you could do

The energy system is total crap. It´s extreme Hardcore Faked Longlivity as it gets. If it really stays the way it is and stays a game that needs to run 24/7 - well that is a trend that is dying out. Just sayin.

Posted

Ye lets make easy game for kids!!!!!! 

Sorry -----ots but the'r is no energy problem in this game. If you haven't play and just read som stupid tabels then STFU

Posted

Hello,

At first I have to say sorry for my bad english. :)

I don't understand the Group Exp Chart completely, do you get more exp if you are in a group? that would mean that I have to be in a group to gain more exp than a solo player?, so leveling solo is useless/disadvantage? 

I don't like leveling in groups at all, because people often slow me down. I have always been leveling solo and I enjoy it the most.

Posted

Posted

each mob will give more xp, but the xp will be split between the players.

so you will get "less xp per mob", but each player will get a certain % of that mobs full xp (minimum 50% as i recall).

which means if you are 4 people in a group, killing a mob, each player gets 50% of that mobs full xp, meaning the mob gives out a total of 200% xp, instead of the 100% normal :)

so being in a big group, grinding mobs can be faster than solo grind, when done right.

Grinding in a group will be faster if you kill mobs more than twice as fast as solo. So grinding as a group should be faster if the mob density is high enough.

If there are to few mobs a group will end up waiting for them to respawn and then there's no benefit.

Posted

This is amazing. GJ

Posted

Where is this NPC to store Energy to give to alts or sell?  This is an important mechanic to test.