• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

pm diary PM Diary 2.1 - Party System and Energy Changes

666 posts in this topic

Posted

That energy system is a joke

2 people like this

Posted

Good work.

Posted

However, we have taken your feedback into consideration and the result should be in everyone’s interest. Energy Potions will not be sold in the Cash Shop. In addition, it is currently being discussed to add a system that allows players to consult an NPC that will magically transfer your unused energy into an Energy Potion which can be sold on the marketplace. Ultimately this will lead to a shift of energy and allow people to collect energy over time to utilize it when needed.

Additionally, processing at a higher profession level will receive a chance of not consuming any energy at random.

Wow... best way to deal with the situation. I applaud you in your creativity as a team! Well impressed :)

Posted

So I will now create as many characters as possible and use energy of my toons with my main character.

This is just a horrible idea.

Posted

it is rare to see developers really respond to community wishes, i'm positively surprised ! gr8 work Team & PA :x

Posted

i see a fan of HIMYM and i think it was White Collar :D 

but great news and i cant wait for part 2 

one mmorpg where you get more exp then solo nice xD

Posted

Game just keeps looking better and better

1 person likes this

Posted

Party Play Revamp

As of today, the Korean version has received the revamped Party Play setting which is based on our feedback from CBT1. So far players had the feeling that they were penalized for playing together with friends, as the experience benefit was rather turning into a malus. As we are still preparing launch, the running services will be able to enjoy the new benefits sooner of course. We will see this in our CBT2.

The change as of today will be as follows:

Players in Party

Old EXP

Example*

New EXP

Example*

100%

100%

50%

60%

33,3%

50%

25%

50%

20%

50%

*Example: A scenario where every player in the party kills a monster for 100EXP and considering all party members are in perfect range. If you move out of range EXP won’t be shared.

The benefit increases if you consider that you can work together to kill larger mobs of stronger monster types. But be careful, the more you move away from each other and the killed monster, the higher the chances to lose the bonus. But fear not, developers doubled the share-range for the party bonus and additionally the developers reacted very positively towards our suggestion to add an indicator that will allow you to monitor whether you are in range or not. The indicator will be probably implemented latest by launch and it will look similar to the Wifi Symbol (on your cell-phone) that will gradually indicate whether or not your party members are in range.

Experience gain will be determined based on the lowest party member’s level and the monster level.

Happy hunting!

I'm a little confused about the numbers in the Example column. What exactly is it? Why is it 100 in the old exp? Is that supposed to be experience points or the range of experience sharing?

Anyways, thanks for keeping in communication with your playerbase. Could we perhaps get any info if you'll be discussing or adjusting experience gain to be closer to Korea's rates?

Posted

So I will now create as many characters as possible and use energy of my toons with my main character.

This is just a horrible idea.

Well i dont see the problem. Like most of the energy is used for proccesing and crafting and the only difference now is that you can do it all on one char instead of using your alts to procces your wood or iron or anything. You would have had  the energy anyway but now you can acttualy keep lvling on chars skills instead of all your alts aas well.

1 person likes this

Posted

Good work ! 

Posted

really nice well done !!

Posted

So far, i am impressed :) This sounds awesome. I hope everythign else will be good for the communitry aswell :3 Thanks alot!

smiling-kitty.thumb.jpg.f44cda3ad5674359

Posted

I'm a little confused about the numbers in the Example column. What exactly is it? Why is it 100 in the old exp? Is that supposed to be experience points or the range of experience sharing?

Anyways, thanks for keeping in communication with your playerbase. Could we perhaps get any info if you'll be discussing or adjusting experience gain to be closer to Korea's rates?

Notice the * at the "Example" in the chart?
Now look at the text underneath the chart, starting with "*Example".
It describes the example (the chart) using a 100Exp mob :)

Posted

This is some great news, really looking forward to hearing about PvP and the cash shop now.

Posted

Great job, BDO team!  Some good changes announced.  A bit worried about the selling of energy potions as that might favour market dominance for some crafted consumables.  We'll see how that plays out in CBT2.  Party changes and adjusting world boss drops is wonderful news.  When can we expect an announcement on launch dates?  

Posted

:O Saw many good things! and hopefully many more good things to come in the next =3

Posted

Thanks for the heads-up! Those are some really nice changes, looking forward to the PM Diary!

Posted

gg i love you

Posted

So have a question regarding energy system you will be currently implementing or regards to changing it later on actually,

If hypothetically after a long duration such as a year for example this game becomes larger both in community and scale of world, mayhaps you will decide to change it to where you do not consume energy when processing?

there not be a concrete answer I'm more just curious then anything else.

Posted

Great to hear, really digging the party XP boost. Looking forward to the next batch of info!

Posted

Awesome news! No energy potions in cash shop! AND being able to sell/buy potions made with energy itself is indeed the best solution here to avoid the overflow of stuff like in KR.

Best stuff is the party changes. For the new Valencia dungeons it will be great.

Keep it up Belsazar!

Posted

Loving the changes. Thanks for listening to us <3

Posted

Thanks Jouska! 

3682_7490.gif

Posted

Thank you, thank you, thank you for making a chart. This will be lovely in the game I assure you. Hopefully this will keep some people from PK'ing people in the early game grind spots so that everyone can have a good amount of exp for leveling. It is great that you decided to add this in early to allow players to help others out in their leveling. I am sure some of the new people to this game will enjoy having more experienced players help them with fighting mobs and helping them understand the skills of their characters.

giphy.thumb.gif.16168035fa41fffe4cd0b38f

yw! 

tumblr_nep063TobQ1qleonwo1_400.gif

Posted

Soo happy for the xp in party changes. <333