• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Cash shop addition: Bathroom furniture/objects

15 posts in this topic

Posted

Whether they are cash shop items or in game items (preferable a mixture of both), I would really like to have some bathroom furniture. 

People did have bathtubs before the age of plumbing. Buckets of water also existed. 

This RPer would like my character to bathe somewhere other than a river pretty please!

My dollars will be waiting.

6 people like this

Posted

Yeah, I want to watch my character take a shit and get cash shop benefits at the same time.

2 people like this

Posted

I would love bathroom furniture in the cash shop. Some of us decorating whores would be all over it. Take our money, please!!!

2 people like this

Posted

Stripper pole, baking kiln, television/projector, meth lab too. But seriously, I'm pretty sure they didn't have bathrooms just holes in the floor or took a dump in the forest considering the fake time period this game is set in. It's also possible that this is the land Kim Jung Un is from where people have no buttholes and don't use the bathroom. 

They probably had some kind of tub with a fire underneath though for taking baths. Also, public baths and hot springs please.

Posted

Hot springs *-* Yessssss

1 person likes this

Posted

I don't know how I feel about toilets, but I agree that some bathroom type furniture might be a lovely addition to a home. In the Medieval times they didn't bathe because they thought it was bad for their health. However, that doesn't mean that the world of BDO couldn't have Bathing type furnishings. I found some examples that might look good within the game. 

Wash Basins

A57838_A57832_A43745.jpg_resized_380_.jp

35114907_1_l.jpg

setb.jpg

Rustic%20Wash%20Basin%201_001.jpg?133446medieval_sink_basin3_001.jpg?1381609279

Bathtubs

img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=38678680img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=72917885

Slide1133.jpg_MG_4069_l.1.jpg_resized_380_.jpeg

Washing board, tubs, and lye

wooden%20washtubs.jpgA04748_l.1.jpg

c84eb69789dc71a395b6c2c135147887.jpg

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

^ yep right there. That makes sense. There's no indoor plumbing so toilets aren't a thing. No running water, no steam power, no electricity... hot springs should provide maybe some kind of buff or something. Maybe pay to enter or discover a hidden hot spring?

Edited by Sulphina

Posted

Stripper pole, baking kiln, television/projector, meth lab too. But seriously, I'm pretty sure they didn't have bathrooms just holes in the floor or took a dump in the forest considering the fake time period this game is set in. It's also possible that this is the land Kim Jung Un is from where people have no buttholes and don't use the bathroom. 

They probably had some kind of tub with a fire underneath though for taking baths. Also, public baths and hot springs please.

You're confusing North Korea with South Korea.  Please L2geography

In the Medieval times they didn't bathe because they thought it was bad for their health.

That was primarily a Western European superstition, brought on by the cool & humid climate.  The Greeks & Romans had luxurious bath houses in their time :D

The origins of the Japanese sentō and the Japanese bathing culture in general can be traced to the Buddhist temples in India, from where it spread to China, and finally to Japan during the Nara period (710–784) [https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sent%C5%8D#History]

1 person likes this

Posted

That was primarily a Western European superstition, brought on by the cool & humid climate.  The Greeks & Romans had luxurious bath houses in their time :D

The origins of the Japanese sentō and the Japanese bathing culture in general can be traced to the Buddhist temples in India, from where it spread to China, and finally to Japan during the Nara period (710–784) [https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sentō#History]

^ yep right there. That makes sense. There's no indoor plumbing so toilets aren't a thing. No running water, no steam power, no electricity... hot springs should provide maybe some kind of buff or something. Maybe pay to enter or discover a hidden hot spring?

Last time I was there luckily I didn't need a map to find out where the DMZ was. That's what tour guides are for --- pffft GEOGRAPHY... 

Posted

The origins of the Japanese sentō and the Japanese bathing culture in general can be traced to the Buddhist temples in India, from where it spread to China, and finally to Japan during the Nara period (710–784) [https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sentō#History]

Oh, I know that the Romans loved their baths. They had a wonderful water system and even had running water to some degree. Bathhouses were social occupations and they had cold and hot baths. There are some really beautiful ruins of Roman bathhouses with mosaics intact and a few other places they have been able to reconstruct what they probably would have looked like. However, much of that was lost during the middle ages aka dark ages. Most of the knowledge was forgotten between the classical era and the Renaissance. They even started to take the stones out of the aqueducts and the coliseum in order to build other buildings. :/

I didn't know that about the Japanese though. All the bathhouses I've ever seen related to japan has been in anime or manga. >,< I believe that there are places in the Middle East that had bathhouses, too, but I really don't know as much about them. All I know is, that much like the Romans, they used bathhouses as one of the places they used to conduct business and make deals. 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

"Documented early plumbing systems for bathing go back as far as around 3300 BC with the discovery of copper water pipes beneath a palace in the Indus Valley Civilization of ancient India; see sanitation of the Indus Valley Civilization. Evidence of the earliest surviving personal sized bath tub was found on the Isle of Crete where a 1.5-metre (5 ft) long pedestal tub was found built from hardened pottery."

I am not asking for indoor plumbing, which predated medieval times by centuries anyway. 

Medieval Europe did have sewage systems. People would empty their buckets and waste onto the surface street sewage systems before the closed sewage systems came about in 1370. 

We have guns, gunpowder, cannons, etc. Siege guns were used by the English in the 1300s. So, it is safe to assume that we are not breaking any "historical accuracy" by including standalone tubs without plumbing.

I am asking for a simple bathtub and something like a water filled basin/ bucket with a washcloth. I see no reason why someone living in Calpheon's noble district could not have a bathtub. 

Extra points to DAUM if we can purchase models with WATER in them.

bath1.jpg

Homer's description of Circe's servants preparing a bath for Odysseus: "the fourth maid fetched water and lit up a great fire under the big cauldron so that the water grew warm. When the bright copper was boiling, she sat me down in a bath and washed me with water from the great cauldron mixed with cold to a comfortable heat, sluicing my head and my shoulders until all the painful weariness was gone from my limbs. My bath done, she rubbed me with olive oil, clothed me in a tunic and a splendid robe and conducted me to the hall, where she seated me in a beautiful chair with silver decorations and a footstool below"

Edited by Vorkrunne
3 people like this

Posted

+1

Posted

You know...when I woke up this morning, and was doing my morning business...it dawned on me that I've never had to take my character to the bathroom...and wondered what in the world....no wonder my wizard looks so old and cranky.

This needs to be addressed asap!

Posted

You know...when I woke up this morning, and was doing my morning business...it dawned on me that I've never had to take my character to the bathroom...and wondered what in the world....no wonder my wizard looks so old and cranky.

This needs to be addressed asap!

lol!

Posted (edited)

I would love to see baths, basins, something to the effect! 

Edited by Vahlla
Misspell