• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

is it legal being gankg in a hotspot fishing area (people afk and you farm the kills?)

116 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Deny it all you want.

Meme all you want, rage all you want.

Reality is you bought a pvp game called BDO with pve elements.

Maybe you don't understand pvp/pve?  

Is this your first mmo that is pvp focused?

If you need a game that has divided PVP and PVE... WOW is that way--------->

I mean seriously not trying to chase you out of here or get you to quit, but learn to research what you are going to buy.

Do you go to McDonalds demanding Whoppers?

That's exactly what you are doing here.

Have you seen what's going on in the Korean servers over whale fishing?

What are you going to do when you kill a whale and someone keeps attacking you so you can't loot the body and their friend loots it instead? Are you going to just kill yourself in rage than?

Almost everything screams pvp in this game.  

You can read some of the philosophy behind this game.

You have some amazing audacity to come in here and demand that the devs change their game for your entitlement. If you don't agree to what they want this game to be, than don't buy or support it.  This is not the only game out there.  There are different games for different tastes.

The devs of this game did not keep it a secret that pvp is a major part of this game.

Why do you keep arguing this?  Are you so arrogant and important that everyone has to do what you like?

Another typical dont like it, go play your WOW

and you seem really interested on what is going on with me.

I have tracked BDO even before it was out in korean, was in black-desert, watching sterpu's channel about BDO and others. I am lvl 55 with over 280 combined AP/DP and got a lot of silvers on hands as well, I know what i am doing. Got killed by afk fisher killers a lot and lost several hrs of farms, but none of that is related to what you are trying to say here.

do you see me saying anything rage against fisher killers here?

it is just seeing how people try to force idea on how you should play a open world game makes me want to comment on it.

Why do you keep arguing this?  Are you so arrogant and important that everyone has to do what you like? Oh wait, i thought it was you! i am done here, someone is having mental splitting issue.

Edited by Fluffy_Hippo

Posted

ey bruh if it ain't legal let me know now.
Don't want no beefz with the cawps feel me.

Posted

Not legal buddy.

1423418535079.jpg

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Another typical dont like it, go play your WOW

and you seem really interested on what is going on with me.

I have tracked BDO even before it was out in korean, was in black-desert, watching sterpu's channel about BDO and others. I am lvl 55 with over 280 combined AP/DP and got a lot of silvers on hands as well, I know what i am doing. Got killed by afk fisher killers a lot and lost several hrs of farms, but none of that is related to what you are trying to say here.

do you see me saying anything rage against fisher killers here?

it is just seeing how people try to force idea on how you should play a open world game makes me want to comment on it.

Please don't be melodramatic.  We are having a discussion, that's all.

Sorry you read that as me just telling you to go play wow.  Not my intention and I thought it was pretty clear it wasn't.

Not trying to make you or anyone play any way.  Just realize this is a pvp oriented game with pve in it.  You will be ganked.

I could see if this game had pve, pvp servers, than my argument would be invalid.  Maybe in the future they will add this, than I will change my stance.

Now though, there are no pve, pvp separate servers. That tells me that the devs want pvp in here. 

Yes being ganked sucks ass, but to come on here and demand changes is childish, at best.  Sorry calling it how I see, not trying to be insulting. Also, just because I quoted you doesn't mean everything is aimed exactly and only at you.  

I'm just trying to understand people who buy a product, than want that product changed to their likings.  Especially since there are plenty of pve only games that you can chose between.  Again, that's not trying to chase you away, but the reality is that some games are pretty specific to certain genres.

I don't buy FPS games and complain about how I have to go around shooting people. 

In other words, I don't listen to music I don't like and than rage about how shitty that music is when I have plenty of choices out there.  It's like going to a country singer and demanding that they rap for you because you don't like country, but like rap. And sure there are country singers who can rap, so go find them lol

Not the best analogy, but it fits.

Edited by Pavo

Posted

a hot fishing spot area where you see multiple boats has been -----d by the same dude just for the second time (im sure he took down over 15 players on both attempts) i only have a screenshot, but i wanted to know if that dickmove is just fine or that could be reported? 

player involved on this: [Moderated : No Name Calling]

lmao. Im sorry i know i shouldnt laugh but all i can see are all these players huddle up together afk fishing while a doucheoppotimus berzerker jumps in throwing their afk bodies into the wayer to drown

that shit is just hilarious... Even though i can see how it would piss someone off

Posted

I'd be a lot less pissed off if it was JUST the fish, but I lost 10% exp last night. Since the journal is broken, it took me ages to figure out why my afk fisher kept ending up in the middle of the land with no water in sight with his fishing pole still out.  The game encourages us to AFK fish. It rewards us. Troll mechanics like this which encourage PKing from budding psychopaths who are afraid of real pvp were suppose to be balanced by bounty hunts. Since the devs neither have the journal working nor the bounty system in place, they break that balance in favor of the PKers.  Laugh all you want at the misfortunes of the "whiny afk carebears", but we bring a lot more money to Daum than you do.  Drive us away and the game dies.  Every time.

1 person likes this

Posted

afk fishing in a combat zone doesn't necessarilly scream "encourages us to AFK fish" in that particular area.   the game population may shrink, but i don't believe the game will die anytime soon.

Posted

Not legal buddy.

1423418535079.jpg

Crying at work :'). Thank you.

1 person likes this

Posted

It's Legal, though there is no purpose to it and open world PvP has no real purpose at all in this game.  

This is far from EVE online where open world PvP works and has a purpose.

Personally, I think they should remove it, unless they want to remove enhancements and have loot/inventory drop on death.

Posted

It's Legal, though there is no purpose to it and open world PvP has no real purpose at all in this game.  

This is far from EVE online where open world PvP works and has a purpose.

Personally, I think they should remove it, unless they want to remove enhancements and have loot/inventory drop on death.

Open world PvP allows me to kill people challenging my lv55 grind spot.

Posted

You don't need a screenshot, he's actually streaming on Twitch while he does it.

1460268290728.thumb.jpg.529c19ec4ec373e5

That's awesome 

Posted

Open world PvP allows me to kill people challenging my lv55 grind spot.

The mobs spawn so fast there is no reason for this at all, it's actually in the games best interest to slow you down by sharing mobs.

I still see no reason, I killed a guy 6 times yesterday because we where doing a guild mission and he was killing the mobs in the area, even though I didn't need to there where plenty of mobs and he really wasn't effecting us at all.

In the end here was the outcome,

1. I actually spent more time killing him (even though he died in a few hits and couldn't even hurt me), then if I would have just killed mobs and ignored him.

2. I got nothing for killing him, absolutely nothing, except the fun of killing him and even that was pointless and wasn't fun after the first time, since it wasn't even a challenge and had no purpose.

3. I went -72k Karma from +300k, took me 2-3 hours of grinding to get back to a + value, not sure how long exactly, now i have to farm more before I can steal from NPC's again :)

4. Loot drops are random on kill, just because someone gets an earring or ring doesn't mean if I killed that mob first I would have got that drop. Unless the mobs spawn with the loot, I doubt it though.

So, In the end, the only thing I accomplished was more work for myself and probably made the guy hate the game, exact opposite of the original point of killing him and the purpose of PvP in general.

Posted (edited)

The mobs spawn so fast there is no reason for this at all, it's actually in the games best interest to slow you down by sharing mobs.

You're underestimating the speed that my group kills mobs I think? Ontop of that, not having rotating camps up slows exp/hr.
A lot of us have jobs, not to use this as an excuse but an example-

We simply do not want to have time to go about sharing and caring. We need to get as much exp/hr done as possible.
Others have the same mentality, which is why pvp breaks out.

Ontop of this, we will be competing against these people for node wars. If your guild has no interest in owning a tax node, good luck in getting a guild house buddy. Good luck in getting those awesome ass elephants.

Not sure how you will outbid competitive guilds.

But nah nope. Open world PvP is pointless. Share mob pulls with other people you intend on competing with.
Stay out of our way, please. We're not just here for PvE. We're here for BDO. 

PS. You lose exp when you're pk'd by another player outside of GvG. If they decide to war us, our entire guild show up and we steam roll people so they know not to make the mistake again.
Or-
They bring theirs and we get steam rolled, and we learn from it.

Vice versa.

Edited by War

Posted

Just use an alt and laugh at the PKers as you see them running around looking for someone to kill.  Done.

Posted

a hot fishing spot area where you see multiple boats has been -----d by the same dude just for the second time (im sure he took down over 15 players on both attempts) i only have a screenshot, but i wanted to know if that dickmove is just fine or that could be reported? 

player involved on this: [Moderated : No Name Calling]

Meaning of combat zones and safe zones can't be more meaningful.

#MakeCalpheonGreatAgain

Posted

Just use an alt and laugh at the PKers as you see them running around looking for someone to kill.  Done.

This works wonders for me. Even though ppl knock this method, it works perfectly.