• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Petition to have more classes available at launch day.

95 posts in this topic

Posted

So, as most of us know - DAUM have decided to only have slightly over half of the currently globally released classes available to play at the Q2016 launch. 

The classes that have been announced to be available to us at launch are:  

Warrior, Wizard/Witch, Sorcerer, Valkyrie, Ranger and Berserker.

Which means we won't be able to play any of the following classes until later patches are released:

Blader/Plum, Ninja/Kunoichi & Tamer.

Now I'm sure a lot of people are planning to main the latter classes, and even though we've been assured they will be released "fairly quickly" - that doesn't really give the mains of those classes much incentive to pre-purchase, as personally I would like to join the"head start" with the class I plan to main (Ninja).  

It seems Blader and Tamer are really popular classes too, so I'm personally a little confused as to why they're being excluded from launch, the only reason I've been able to dig up is that they have too much of an Asian style to them, and they want the game to appeal to the west - which is a fair comment, but I don't think excluding them is going to net a greater effect on western interest than including them would.  

I mean Ninja & Samurai aren't exactly alien to the western world, we grew up watching Ninja films and T.V shows, I think as long as they are named correctly (blader/plum/tamer are not really recognisable names to the west), I think having the extra classes would have a positive effect on release sales due to their simply being more choice.

If it's a development issue, and you're simply following the release-patch schedule that other games have followed, then fair enough - I can see how releasing regular content patches after launch will keep players interested - but also consider the fact that unloading patches back to back shortly after release, and then slowing down as you catch up to the KR version, might give players a negative impression on the health of the games development.  

All in all I am making this post for selfish reasons, I do really want to be able to level a Ninja from day 1, and I know there are others, I'm just making a bit of noise in the hopes that Daum consider changing their minds on there release plan.

17 people like this

Posted

No matter which class they decide to add or remove at release, some people will still be left out.

Wait for your class to be released. We cannot have all classes available at launch.

2 people like this

Posted

We cannot have all classes available at launch.

Why not?

2 people like this

Posted

Ninja came out a lot later in korea but tamer should be on release ~~~~~~~~~~~ or else..

Posted

Why not?

Due to multiple reasons:

- some classes still need to be adjusted/balanced

- some classes still need to be properly translated

- additional work that was not scheduled will push the release out of Q1 2016

last but not least

- the community will complain about not frequent enough updates, because they demanded all of them at release

3 people like this

Posted

i hope the tamer can still be added and prioritised by Daum. Russia has it so it cant be that much work to add it.

All other classes are not a realistic thing to ask. its like "are you only gonna give us half of the continent while Korea already has the desert area"? It takes time to move due to translation, tests, quality control etc. It will like with any mmo game, take around 3-6 months before we get them from korea.

Posted (edited)

Due to multiple reasons:

- some classes still need to be adjusted/balanced

- some classes still need to be properly translated

- additional work that was not scheduled will push the release out of Q1 2016

last but not least

- the community will complain about not frequent enough updates, because they demanded all of them at release

Class translations are a grain of sand compared to the beach of translation and voice-overs that already need to be done, translating a few skills won't add THAT much time.  

Balance doesn't need to be done unless game mechanics at launch are going to be significantly different from Korea's, which I doubt since there's been no announcement of anything of the sort.  

If the game is at the 3-6months behind Korea at launch (which is basically as KR is now, with all of those classes released), then they will get the same frequency of updates as players are getting in Korea, which is sufficient - why would you think people would think otherwise?

i hope the tamer can still be added and prioritised by Daum. Russia has it so it cant be that much work to add it.

All other classes are not a realistic thing to ask. its like "are you only gonna give us half of the continent while Korea already has the desert area"? It takes time to move due to translation, tests, quality control etc. It will like with any mmo game, take around 3-6 months before we get them from korea.

3-6 months, exactly, and a Q1 release will be 3-6 months time from all of those classes being released anyway, I never said anything about being 100% caught up with Korea because I know that isn't possible.

At the end of the day, we can all sit here pretending we know what we're talking about, but none of us REALLY know the internal development environment in the slightest, we don't know what's being done, been done, and will be done in the near future - making a post to show interest in classes on release is no different to making ANY other suggestion post - it either can be done or it can't, and the only people qualified to answer that are Daum, not FliP or Konijntje.

Edited by Kogoshi
3 people like this

Posted (edited)

I was really disappointed hearing about class set we will have at launch.

I planned to main NINJA .... and to tell the truth other classes arent as cool as ninja is for me.

Dont get me wrong I like archer. And sorcerer would be almost equal for me if there were male option...

Anyway i would gladly buy preorder if the NINJA were there at a launch day.

Otherwise im seriously thinking about holding with purchase till DAUM add him to the game.... And i dont think im alone with such way of thinking.

Now ppl from DAUM shall ask themself - is it really good to make players hold with bying their game? Some of them can change their mind. Expecially if some failures occur near launch.

Edited by Kelai

Posted

Well... time to turn back and tell my group of friends that they'll probably have to wait for a little while to be able to play the classes that they want lol.

Man, I really did want to pre-order the game with the founder perks and main the class that I wanted to main lol.

Posted

Well... time to turn back and tell my group of friends that they'll probably have to wait for a little while to be able to play the classes that they want lol.

Man, I really did want to pre-order the game with the founder perks and main the class that I wanted to main lol.

I want a pre-order with founder pack and main blader at the start with everyone else at launch

yeah i think this can bring a potential money loss for daum , I still have hope daum change his mind

Posted

+1 from me.

I played few classes in Korean Version and Ninja/Kunoichi was (for me) most interesting class. And I would already bought $100 version if it wasnt for the limited rooster on launch for NA/EU and Exclusive pre-order skins for only those 6 classes.

1 person likes this

Posted

Well this way is kinda sad for me... I hoped for option to play my blader char so bad. I ve have watched out for release date and pre-order packs, wanted to buy one first day I can, but now dunno what to do. Wait for many months 'cause of blader and buy it later? Probably yes, because none of the other chars interest me, if I should be honest. I just gonna take one of friend invite coupons from my mate and see... Not sure if Daum made a good marketing move, but who I am for judging them. Probably they dont even care about us, do they..?

Posted

Probably they dont even care about us, do they..?

It has nothing to do with that. It's not uncommon for new regions to have to play a bit of catchup to get all the latest content. Not sure JPN is even caught up to KR yet.

Posted

It has nothing to do with that. It's not uncommon for new regions to have to play a bit of catchup to get all the latest content. Not sure JPN is even caught up to KR yet.

It has nothing to do with that either, our client it 3-6 months behind, meaning by release EVERY class should be there in the data, they are withholding them on purpose.

Posted

It has nothing to do with that either, our client it 3-6 months behind, meaning by release EVERY class should be there in the data, they are withholding them on purpose.

I said that already in other threads. What you are missing is I said it's common not to release everything at launch up front. especially when that is not how it launched overseas. And RU still doesn't have Valk Or Witch/Wizard for example. We all know they are holding them back on purpose, no one ever disputed that.

But we have at least as many classes as other regions started with, even if they are different.

Posted

You know, I really wanted to buy the $100 pre-order package, but if I won't even be able to make a beast tamer at launch it might not even be worth it.  I want to main a beast tamer but if I can't even get the pre-order package items for my beast tamer, or reserve the name for my beast tamer, or even start 4 days early with my beast tamer, then what's worth buying the expensive package?  If the pre-order items (horse, pet, costume, etc.) can be witheld until beast tamer releases, and if name reservation can hold onto a name for months, then maybe it would be worth it.  I'll need to search around and find out this information before I make my purchase.

However, what I don't understand is WHY is beast tamer coming out after witch/wizard for us, when beast tamer released BEFORE witch/wizard was made?  This is making me so very sad that the game I have been waiting years for first becomes buy to play, then doesn't even have the character I want to main on release.  I hope this petition can go through and convince them to have all classes on release so that I can play beast tamer and my friend can play blader.  I definitely sign!

Posted (edited)

Nothing to do with what? If they care about player's opinion, than there should be some option or official statement at least. I know, they have so many work with the game, nobody left around, even mods, lol.

Seriously now, don't get me wrong (or do, whatever), I don't feel butthurted or something, but this way is very unhappy for us, who just wanted to play exactly one concrete character. Nobody talks about full new content, just about characters! Thats absolutely different story from locations, quests, bosses, end-game, whatever... Your toon is everything from the start and I don't see a single reason for not releasing them at once. I don't even see a single reason to buy it and play with a character I don't want to exp and play, just waiting for some new chars. That would be kinda stupid and doesn't make any sense, I guess...  You cannot oposite with some "fair play with same number of classes as people in other regions before you" that just doesn't make any sense. It's just like starting with WoW in China from vanilla and waiting years for last DLC (It would be better maybe, haha).

Funny part is - as somebody says above - character choices we have got. It's like: "look, western people are more about classic fantasy wizards and muscle wars, ya know, 'cause Tolkien and stuff, they need them to enjoy the game! They won't like samurais and ninjas because it's different culture..", hmm. It's just a speculation, take it easy :) and yes, it doesn't make sense much more.

Edited by Bob

Posted

Here's my 2 cents: as much as i do want those classes to come out, i can see the positives of only releasing the basic classes. That said i was really exited to play tamer and was devastated when i heard it would be coming out on release.

1. Players need something to look forward to

if everything we wanted came out on release, the players would get bored pretty soon especially since the game allows you to become super high level just by simply grinding. 

2. It will be easier to patch early on

with less classes, they can focus on balancing/ changing the little things they have at the moment which will create an overall better game experience for the rest of us

3. This one may cause some controversy.

releasing the basic classes allows players to experience the basic play style of the classes before releasing the more advanced and mechanically difficult classes.

Posted

All available Classes should be there on release, not in a patch afterwards. I want to start with my Plum/Blader. I will still buy the Conq.pack because of the extras such as the 3-Char slots, Skins, Horse etc.

5+3 Chars mean 8 times more available energy to spent on nodes.

Posted (edited)

Here's my 2 cents: as much as i do want those classes to come out, i can see the positives of only releasing the basic classes. That said i was really exited to play tamer and was devastated when i heard it would be coming out on release.

1. Players need something to look forward to

if everything we wanted came out on release, the players would get bored pretty soon especially since the game allows you to become super high level just by simply grinding. 

2. It will be easier to patch early on

with less classes, they can focus on balancing/ changing the little things they have at the moment which will create an overall better game experience for the rest of us

3. This one may cause some controversy.

releasing the basic classes allows players to experience the basic play style of the classes before releasing the more advanced and mechanically difficult classes.

1. If there was nothing to look forward except three new classes, it would be kinda sad, don't you think? I don't think this is particular argument, mate...

2. o'kay, but this game was released about year ago, so why are you talking about time needed for class balance? Isn't it a bit late, maybe? I don't think thats about it.

3. Well... Sorry, it doesn't make any sense to me. Is this game so much casual thats need it? Are they scared release some new characters just because we won't be skillful enough to play them? C'mon...

Edited by Bob

Posted

+1 for me. I see no reason to exclude a class such as Tamer that has been there since the beginning to be left out. That is the only class I'm interested in. Sadly, I've always been given the $100 pre-order package but after searching and learning that Tamer won't be there and I'd need to redeem my items on a character I don't even want to play, my hype train went completely numb. Honestly if there is not any way to transfer or hold the founder items until Tamer releases; I will seriously feel like it's money wasted. I know that's my own fault for not researching beforehand. But, it still sucks none-the-less to not be able to play in my mind, the most enjoyable class at Headstart. I probably won't even play Headstart or Betas now honestly; or play at all for that matter until Tamer is released.

Posted

i'll wait till the blader is added before i buy BDO as i don't really plan and making many if any alts.

Posted

It would be nice if they could add the other classes, but localizing an entire game into 3 unique languages to include voice acting is not an easy task. Daum EU has been very up front with us with what would be available and I am sure if they could deliver the other classes and have as early a launch as they are planning now, they would. 

I don't know if I speak for everyone, but I would rather have the game launch a couple months earlier to have those few other classes added later. 

Posted

So, as most of us know - DAUM have decided to only have slightly over half of the currently globally released classes available to play at the Q2016 launch. 

The classes that have been announced to be available to us at launch are:  

Warrior, Wizard/Witch, Sorcerer, Valkyrie, Ranger and Berserker.

Which means we won't be able to play any of the following classes until later patches are released:

Blader/Plum, Ninja/Kunoichi & Tamer.

Now I'm sure a lot of people are planning to main the latter classes, and even though we've been assured they will be released "fairly quickly" - that doesn't really give the mains of those classes much incentive to pre-purchase, as personally I would like to join the"head start" with the class I plan to main (Ninja).  

It seems Blader and Tamer are really popular classes too, so I'm personally a little confused as to why they're being excluded from launch, the only reason I've been able to dig up is that they have too much of an Asian style to them, and they want the game to appeal to the west - which is a fair comment, but I don't think excluding them is going to net a greater effect on western interest than including them would.  

I mean Ninja & Samurai aren't exactly alien to the western world, we grew up watching Ninja films and T.V shows, I think as long as they are named correctly (blader/plum/tamer are not really recognisable names to the west), I think having the extra classes would have a positive effect on release sales due to their simply being more choice.

If it's a development issue, and you're simply following the release-patch schedule that other games have followed, then fair enough - I can see how releasing regular content patches after launch will keep players interested - but also consider the fact that unloading patches back to back shortly after release, and then slowing down as you catch up to the KR version, might give players a negative impression on the health of the games development.  

All in all I am making this post for selfish reasons, I do really want to be able to level a Ninja from day 1, and I know there are others, I'm just making a bit of noise in the hopes that Daum consider changing their minds on there release plan.

this isnt selfish at all. Pretty sure the whole community wants the other classes. Daum was really foolish in making this choice

2 people like this

Posted

Why not?

timesinks.
the whole reason why day 1 dlcs and such exist is to keep players hooked and look forward to different stuff, even tho it could be added right away