• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Petition to have more classes available at launch day.

95 posts in this topic

Posted

Absolutely agree with this petition! Concerns about gender locked classes are one thing but not even being able to play all classes is a really big thing.

Personally, I'm very interested in the Blader/Plum and Ninja/Kunoichi classes especially because they are somehow exotic compared to common mmorpg classes. Did Daum though that these classes are... too asiatic? And even if that's the case, everyone who doesn't like these unusual classes still can play a Warrior, Mage etc.

Posted

Due to multiple reasons:

- some classes still need to be adjusted/balanced

- some classes still need to be properly translated

- additional work that was not scheduled will push the release out of Q1 2016

last but not least

- the community will complain about not frequent enough updates, because they demanded all of them at release

TBH there is no real reason why we don't have the classes. The only reason is that Daum wants to tread carefully. That's the only reason. The sole reason.

Why?

Because translating content is done by a third party. The entire game was translated -- you don't think they also translated all the classes? It also doesn't take that long to translate a class skill tree. It's faster than translating a patch. As for adjusted/balanced, we don't actually need to be different from KR. We could have all classes and adjust/balance them when KR does. The only other excuse is that they want to make custom "Western looking" face presets for the classes like they did with the Ranger and Witch -- but this, even, is not a good reason to delay classes; see Tamer, who was given to us despite their plans to change her appearance. They didn't change her because they wanted to release her early. They could do the same for any other class. They just choose not to because they want to be careful. On the other hand they are also condensing the crowd into a select few classes and then releasing new classes for hype.

I don't think it's a good idea to speak on Daum's behalf when as players, we'll never know. The most players do is speculate Daum's decisions, which is terrible. If only they had experience in being part of a publisher...  xD

1 person likes this

Posted

Witch please. Why is there wizard and no witch... 

Posted

Witch please. Why is there wizard and no witch... 

There is witch on release. It's only CBT where she's not present.

Posted

I still hope for my Kunoichi at release. Classes are one of the most important thing in a game and starting without all of them isn't the best, especially if you want to invest in one character and you can't because he's no available.

Posted

There's tons of reasons why this won't happen, but also tons of reasons it could. It's all up to the publishers and developers. If we're vocal enough, we'll get the classes, but at a price; the release date would come later than planned. Not by much, of course, since translated some skills would be little work compared to everything else in the game, but still. If we do get the extra classes, I say pick two of them, since the other two to be added later would just be gender switched versions. This way it shouldn't change the release too much and we still get the gameplay we want.

Of course, it's all up to the publishers and developers like I said. They will listen most likely, but the decision is still theirs.

Posted

Yeah I would really prefer if the Blader was there on Launch day. Like the above said, the more vocal we are, the more we can influence or at least get an explanation as to why we cannot have these classes at launch. If you do not let your voice be heard then how is anyone supposed to know what you want?

Posted

If we're vocal enough, we'll get the classes, but at a price; the release date would come later than planned.

I don't think this is true. They probably have most of the translation done already, including all the classes. Releasing Tamer ahead of time didn't affect anything and I don't see why it wouldn't be the same for Blader, especially considering it's one of the oldest classes.

1 person likes this

Posted

I don't think this is true. They probably have most of the translation done already, including all the classes. Releasing Tamer ahead of time didn't affect anything and I don't see why it wouldn't be the same for Blader, especially considering it's one of the oldest classes.

You make an excellent point. Then I guess the chances of Blader coming are better than I thought. Well, best of luck for those who want him in either way. I personally won't be playing as one, though.

Posted

I want to have all classes available at launch. However I still find great reasoning for keeping them off the game for some time. I would like to level one of these available classes and learn some about the game. Then I would most likely level up another character after having the other classes released.

One thing I would wish however, is to have ALL classes available for CBT2, or atleast the ones not available in CBT1. This is because if the classes which will not be available for EU/NA launch and not tested and bug checked properly there won't be any time to either check or change it. It will be in the live game and servers and unfixable. So atleast add them for CBT2 is my opinion.

Posted

I think there should be an official statement on the matter from Administrators.

There is so much frustration over this.

1 person likes this

Posted

The more I play BDO (in CBT or in other region servers) the more I want Blader. I tried to resign myself to playing an 'alt' until my main comes out but I just get more and more frustrated in knowing that all these time and work I put in to this 'alt' will be wasted. (sure, you can share resources and whatnot between characters but imagine the time you put into learning the skills and whatnot)

I'm really a main-only type of person in mmo and this is seriously putting me off. Having more option is not a bad thing. Some of us love the asian look and feel of those classes. (Heck, I'm asian irl in fact!)

1 person likes this

Posted

I want to be a ninja so bad.. guess im stuck going with Tamer until then.. Hopefully they will balance them in NA so they aren't as nerfed as they are in every other region.

Posted

I'd rather them wait and release the classes, not just release them all at once. It breathes new life into the game later down the road. Same with updates and expansions.

1 person likes this

Posted

They should have at least given exclusive early access to the Blader and ninja to those who pre-ordered the $100 package, making it worth the money, and giving the community a chance to have what they want.

Posted (edited)

Really, although i wish to main a plum i understand the wait.

Seriously, let's not Release with all KR content at launch. If we do that, we wait 5-6 months for any real content update, because you still have the timelag of development between translating/patching the KR content into english content, and since you 'demanded' the current KR content 'at launch' (Which, basically means a years worth of expansion/extra content) 

Yes, we probably could have it all but we would have to wait the additional time it took to make sure it happens. Then you would be upset about the wait, yes? Id like to have my BDO now please, and enjoy playing a different class while i eagerly wait for my plum to come home. 

Better to have content to look forwards to, than to have no content at all.

Edit: Oh, and its worth noting: they cannot 'give' anybody access to something 'early' if that something does not exist. Just because its playable in KR does not mean the English client has the same class ready to go. 

Edited by Wintersand

Posted

Really, although i wish to main a plum i understand the wait.

Seriously, let's not Release with all KR content at launch. If we do that, we wait 5-6 months for any real content update, because you still have the timelag of development between translating/patching the KR content into english content, and since you 'demanded' the current KR content 'at launch' (Which, basically means a years worth of expansion/extra content)

No one here demands to release ALL the KR content at lunch. They can release the content like Media and Valencia later after the release. People just want more classes to chose from. Classes are not that much of a content anyway and they can add them separately from the main content for sure (look at the RU version, for example, they are at open beta now, and they have gotten a Blader and Valkyrie not so long ago, yet they still don't have Wizard/Witch).

Posted

I'd personally would love to have all the classes at launch, even if it means we have to wait longer for new content and delay the release a bit.

I just hate the fact that I probably have to level and do stuff all over again.

God please let there be Kunoichi/Ninja at launch v_v

1 person likes this

Posted

Yeah my main will be Ninja or Blader to bad there not at release ; ;. But I will just have to level the others to 20 to see which will be my secondary until then.

Posted

We're getting Tamer at release, a class not present during the KR release, due to popular demand but this was back in November that they announced this. Before the first CBT even began, now we're closing in on the second CBT, which should be announced soon, and hopefully a release at earliest second or third week of February, as expected name reservation times suggest. It would be almost impossible for Blader, Plum, Ninja and Kunoichi to all be translated, balanced, and tested by the Q1 release. I'd like everything to release at once so we match other releases, but this is how translated MMOs go, we start where the first server started, and this time we even get something they didn't at launch.

We have to wait just like they did for new content, we shouldn't have the ability to get stuff earlier then they did, it's not fair to those who waited. There's no perfect world for translated MMO releases, it's just a matter of starting where everyone else did. Look at any Nexon published MMO, they normally stay around 6 months or even a year behind the content their Korean counterparts get. A petition isn't going to change the publisher's mind as they have to either meet their release date or piss off everyone who paid $30/50/100 for the game and expect a release date soon, instead of another quarter or two away, while KR gets more content and the community complains.  

Posted

Literally withholding my $100 until I see a sign that Blader will be available at launch , my entire Hype for this game since it came out in Korea was solely based around the Blader no other class gives me the joy of playing like the Blader does it is disheartening that everyone else who has their mains already can get so far ahead on them while the only character that completely draws my attention to this game will not be avabilabe. The four days I could have to get ahead of all the casuals won't make any difference if it's on a character I won't touch after the Blader release if I even want to play whenever that happens knowing I'll be behind so many people on leveling and gear. I truly hope they make the decision to include him in the launch because I know I'm not the only one who feels this way, who doesn't want to even touch this game without their main, who's been playing and practicing on other servers just for the NA release to know they won't be able to play the character they want.

Posted

I would rather this game come out an entire quarter later and include everything and gain some polish from CBT1 and CBT2 notes than come out immediately after CBT2 ends WITHOUT half of the classes being available.

Because right now, we're looking at being 1) an old man in a robe, 2) a tank or 3) a fat giant for men.

we're going into a launch with.. zero assassins? If they push release date out later, we can all enjoy the head start with the class we want and overall the game should also be more ready by then.

2 people like this

Posted

Yep, the complete dearth of options for male characters at launch is pretty much killing my excitement for diving into the game.

In every MMO I play and have ever played, I always have a main that I try to fashion after myself so I can feel connected to my character, after all if I am investing a portion of the limited time and money I have into this game I want to feel invested in my character as that is the extension of myself in the game-world.

So, as such I always play male characters as I am a male irl and the options for doing so are atm terrible.

At this point I don't care whether it is Ninja or Blader, but there absolutely needs to be more options for male characters at launch. An old man with a staff, a brutish giant that crashes around and a super generic knight just aren't going to cut it for a good number of potential players.

The Tamer was added due to "popular demand" so seriously, throw the players that want to play as a male a bone here ... that wasn't meant as a double entendre btw.

3 people like this

Posted

Yep, the complete dearth of options for male characters at launch is pretty much killing my excitement for diving into the game.

In every MMO I play and have ever played, I always have a main that I try to fashion after myself so I can feel connected to my character, after all if I am investing a portion of the limited time and money I have into this game I want to feel invested in my character as that is the extension of myself in the game-world.

So, as such I always play male characters as I am a male irl and the options for doing so are atm terrible.

At this point I don't care whether it is Ninja or Blader, but there absolutely needs to be more options for male characters at launch. An old man with a staff, a brutish giant that crashes around and a super generic knight just aren't going to cut it for a good number of potential players.

The Tamer was added due to "popular demand" so seriously, throw the players that want to play as a male a bone here ... that wasn't meant as a double entendre btw.

+100 

I get that the Asian market likes to play as females so that is the games design.  However,  not all do in the rest of the world,  I can't believe that more male options are so hard to add....it really should of been thought of at localization.  I mean the forums are quite a bit full of discussion about it.  Prolly more then adding the tamer!

Posted (edited)

All can be explained with Because money

Don't worry though, the already tested %100 working and balanced class's that wont be there on launch get sold to you at a later date.

Also on another note.. do you think we are going to get free life skill transfers? haha.. yeah no. would be nice.. but i doubt it'll happen.. and why??!

Because money

Edited by Lexxicon
1 person likes this