• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Aesthetic Snobbery: Immersive Clothes & Hairstyles

121 posts in this topic

Posted

We need a barber shop and hair salons.  

Posted

I'm not a roleplayer really, but I feel this game is severely lacking in customization when it comes to outfits. I'm a witch so I already look worse than 95% of NPC's. It's rare I play an MMO and actually envy the NPC's style over my own armor. It's crazy to me that I'm building a potato empire to become a beer baron to level my cooking just to feed my dog AND YET I can't get a different look without shelling out $25, lmao.

I was so excited when I saw the "Costume Mill" only to be sorely disappointed that it wasn't for sweet appearance costumes. When I'm just running between cities for trade, I'd love to wear one of the NPC outfits that blends into the world over angel wings - and people who want to be naughty angel still get to do that too!

Posted

This is perfect. Let these kind of costumes be obtainable in-game and have the cash shop ones remain how they are. 

Posted

i support looking more like the npc

Posted

You just can't take the 3D model from NPC and slap it on your character.

Basic Steps:

1. Remodel so it deforms properly

2. Retexture High res

3. Paint Weights and Rig

4. Resizing the files and adding data into patch.

God knows how many more steps they have to add and make it work in game.

Posted

I've said it in other threads and I'll say it here again: We absolutely need more of these NPC costumes available to us! Almost all of these look better than anything that's available on the Cash Shop right now, especially for female classes!

+1

Posted

I was literally just about to post on the same topic!

In addition to what has been said and I'm not sure it has been mentioned, there should be a Tailoring profession to support sensible costume creation that fits into the game and keeps things looking natural and diverse.

I love the mechanics and game-play, but something that I really dislike is the fact that there is not enough Armour (weather the stats are shit or great(Also includes weapons) and the is almost no difference in the appearance of my character at level 29 from 1.

On the not of keeping it natural, I'm glad we don't have the messy and horribly cluttered housing or farming system that Archage has (See image) however, something Archage does have and sounds cool for BDO in connection with no inst- travel, are Gliders(See image). I would love to glide from my mountaintop home (I live with sheep;))! 

+ If you still have patience for me, I wish we could close the looting box in the same way that we can open and loot it with R to allow quicker looting when one wants to be selective.

Archeage Ugly Housing.jpg

Archeage Gliders.jpg

Posted

I always have, and always will support suggestions like this. The only small change I would make, would be that they be crafted items or purchased in-game ONLY. Seeing as to how these items already exist in the game, to copy them and add a player tag so that we can equip it feels a lot like what they did to armor in earlier versions of the game--remove a few sets and reintroduce them with a price tag. I don't mind cash shop items, I'm just a firm believer that they should be new designs and not ones already existing in game.

Another good place for something like this is the loyalty shop. I could see a barber NPC taking loyalty actually. Either that or high amity and silver so that the feature they provide is more a reward for playing than an obvious, poorly tacked on sink (not against sinks...I actually think we need more).

Posted

I ran out of +1s for this day, so have a virtual one, you OP.

I cannot fathom how it is possible for a game that invested so much in its character creation to have three outfits and two costumes (cash shop only in NA/EU).

I mean they clearly went out of their way to make plenty of different aesthetics for NPCs' clothing styles, why not do a bare minimum for PCs too? I'd be actually motivated into getting more dyes. Right now, unless you already spend money for costumes, you have zero reasons to buy dyes other than RNG shenanigans. The more costumes are available the more people will desire, and buy, dyes, which would be a gateway to having more people spending cash on this game, which is what I guess Daum wants to hear to have their interest sparked, if you allow me to use some in-game terminology.

I have several boxes of dyes from game progression achievements already and no motivation to use them as I find the one and only costume available to me pretty crap and I can't dye the trader's clothes for some absurd reason I cannot fathom. I was expecting to be highly motivated to bring some colour to my wardrobe just to not be boring gray all day every day, but if my wardrobe is one costume and I don't like it, what's the point?

Posted

Yes please. +1

And in game purchasable/craftable. NOT Cash Shop tyvm.

i would not mind it being cash shop, IF it weren't a case of $29/item. bringing in two games that managed cash shops beautifully, rift and gw2 both had my husband AND myself spending in excess of $85/month on cash shop items. why? because we could get AN outfit for around $10/$15, and that allowed us to "nickel & dime" ourselves up to $85/month. i won't pay upwards of $30 for one outfit, but i'd drop $30 in a flat heartbeat for two. so if we had an amazingly DIVERSE menu of options available at reasonable prices i'd be dropping money like crazy to have individual looks for each of my ladies.

as it exists right now? i won't spend a dime in the cash shop, and i'm ok with that. 

Posted

I was literally just about to post on the same topic!

In addition to what has been said and I'm not sure it has been mentioned, there should be a Tailoring profession to support sensible costume creation that fits into the game and keeps things looking natural and diverse.

I love the mechanics and game-play, but something that I really dislike is the fact that there is not enough Armour (weather the stats are shit or great(Also includes weapons) and the is almost no difference in the appearance of my character at level 29 from 1.

On the not of keeping it natural, I'm glad we don't have the messy and horribly cluttered housing or farming system that Archage has (See image) however, something Archage does have and sounds cool for BDO in connection with no inst- travel, are Gliders(See image). I would love to glide from my mountaintop home (I live with sheep;))! 

+ If you still have patience for me, I wish we could close the looting box in the same way that we can open and loot it with R to allow quicker looting when one wants to be selective.

Archeage Ugly Housing.jpg

Archeage Gliders.jpg

I always liked their gliders.

Posted

I would LOVE this. I wouldn't mind if it were behind a paywall or Loyalty wall. As long as these could be costumes without stats, you could sell them for $3-5 a piece. I don't see a problem in this.

Posted

I couldn't agree more. We definitely need more hairstyles and more clothing. Aesthetics are a big part of games, in my opinion, and this game lacks that. Not to say this game is terrible, I'm loving every moment of it so far, but to have more options regarding customization would make this game so much better than it already is.

1 person likes this

Posted

You just can't take the 3D model from NPC and slap it on your character.

Basic Steps:

1. Remodel so it deforms properly

2. Retexture High res

3. Paint Weights and Rig

4. Resizing the files and adding data into patch.

God knows how many more steps they have to add and make it work in game.

1. Pretty simple. The asset is already created, so it's not like adjustments to the meshes are a huge drama.

2. They already have a few NPC costumes available that don't use a different texture resolution. Calpheon noble dress for example. No texture change there and I've never seen anyone complain. Same goes with fisherman a outfit. Also the farmers... Alchemy... Traders... Yeah, pretty much all the traders outfits.

3. Pretty normal for modellers to have to rig. It's what they get paid to do, and as someone whose rigged countless models.. You can bang that out fairly quickly. It's really not any drama, nor a point worth making.

4. So standard and pointless, you might as well not bother making this point as well.

Your points as to why they shouldn't do it are flimsy at best. It's like saying 'why are you making a suggestions in the suggestion section for something simple that should've been there in the first place'.

2 people like this

Posted

+1

+1111111111111111111111111111111

Posted

+1

I would literally give all of my money for some Elion robes. 

Posted

We need them yesterday!!!!

Posted (edited)

It's funny and sad at the same time...

Where a lot of MMO receive complaints about the NPCs looking all the same across the game, this time, it's the opposite. NPCs have more variety in their appearance. 

And I'm not only talking about a variety of styles and 'type' (Like armor/casual clothing/uniforms/etc) but the variety in the types themselves.

For instance, I'm pretty sure armored NPCs (guards, knights etc...) have more variety in their equipment and look than the PCs . And I'd sure like to have access to some of those items.

100% for this idea !

Edited by Dehrild

Posted

Yes please, give us some fine hat !

I want to play my warrior with a staw hat, swimwear and some cool sunglasses ! #AionPowa

Posted

Oooooh, looks like we might actually be getting some of these costumes! :o

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/944/feature/10774/page/1

DGPA: We are aware of that the in-game costumes are not sufficient to meet the players’ needs. We are constantly working on to diversify in-game costumes. First of all, various costumes worn by NPCs will be available as DIY (craftable) costumes. As you may already know, players can already produce certain NPC costumes such as Calpheon Noble Dress, and we plan to intensify this feature to improve visual diversity in costumes that can be obtained in-game.

:x:x:x 

5 people like this

Posted

Don't know if they'll go the extent to hair options as well, but it looks like Daum may just be doing what we all want and giving us more of the outfits npcs have. Hopefully they use actual costume slots and not armor slots so we can fully enjoy em. 

Posted

Thank you all for the support! Hopefully Daum Games Europe will see this and maybe pass the suggestion on to Pearl Abyss! Spread the word.

Posted

I positively agree with this :-)

Posted

I support this as well!