• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Musa has the perfect samurai outfit!!!

29 posts in this topic

Posted

So am I the only one who missed this?

apparently daum released THE perfect outfit for samurai roleplay!!! And it is not for the ninja.

In my opinion this is so smart as many musa players identify more with samurai than obscure korean warriors.

check it out:

http://mmorpgsamurai.blogspot.nl/?m=1

Posted

bit too bland if you ask me, even for a samurai look

Posted

Is this coming out with the patch tomorrow?

1 person likes this

Posted

Call it zen

Posted

In my opinion this is so smart as many musa players identify more with samurai than obscure korean warriors.

...A-am I going to be the only Musa who looks like a white guy wearing the Karlstein armour? ._______________.

Posted (edited)

Hahaha I guess so.

I have to admit that it is a cool looking armor, just not really my thing.

@razeo, dont know if this will be in the patch. No further info is given on bdofashion. Maybe dulfy knows...

Edited by Zato-Ichi

Posted

Is this coming out with the patch tomorrow?

its supposed to come today :) 

1 person likes this

Posted

down now :D back up in 5hrs then all hail yasuo

Posted

...A-am I going to be the only Musa who looks like a white guy wearing the Karlstein armour? ._______________.

I'm going with the Karlstein armor but gonna be hiding the helm (ugh @ that hat) but love the general look of it though.  But.... if I see this traditional samurai outfit in the pearl shop tomorrow I might be going for this instead.  :DxD

Posted (edited)

Musashi is not even a samurai :< he is a swordman. That outfit is kind of generic for japanese martial art, I was wearing that in aikido. It's so neat, No big fancy shiny armor but i'm afraid people will dye it in pink and green... Oh man, i'll be so sad!

Edited by Farseer FitzChivalry
1 person likes this

Posted

The Ninja class quite literally has samurai armor as one of his costumes lol.

Posted

That's not a "samurai outfit" lol...

Posted (edited)

Welp. Thanks OP for being borderline racist towards Koreans. I'm sorry not all Asian swordsman are samurai lmao.

Edited by Ninja

Posted

he dosen't say all asian swordsman are samurai. he says that's more easy to roleplay a Samurai.

Posted

Indeed, I have nothing against korean warriors, actually before this game I was pretty oblivious to the meaning of "musa" as a lot of us were, I reckon.

you cant deny that "samurai" is more recognizable to western audiences. All this pc bs can go toop far man.

And if we are going to nitpick, yes this is general Kendo outfit, but did you think samurai would wear their harness and kabuto all the time and yes musashi did not serve a lord, so technically not a samurai.

Posted

That ronin. His way of life was to be alone...

Posted

wot do ninja have to do with samurai?

Posted

wot do ninja have to do with samurai?

His Awakening Weapon probably

809635bdoninjaawakening.jpg

Posted

Yeah,

in BDO, the ninja seems to be interpreted more as a japanese warrior than a ninja per se:

http://mmorpgsamurai.blogspot.com/2016/04/new-armor-pics-for-ninja.html

This isnt nonsensical, because historically the shinobi and samurai were probably less distinct than often thought. there were samurai who were trained in guerilla warfare, stealth and sabotage. Some samurai/shinobi were more like present day commandos. samurai were way more practical in warfare than the "honor-bound" boyscout trope that we often get feeded in anime and stuff.

Please lend your support for my suggestion if you want to see the vagabond costume ingame:

http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/75145-vagabond-samurai-outfit-for-naeu/

Posted

That's not a "samurai outfit" lol...

Actually it kind of is.  You will notice the Wakizashi on his hip.  

Posted

No.

But pretty much any class ever that just has a single oriental sword is going to have Samurai fanboys crawling all over the place.

Posted

Well i watched the X Samurai serie when i was like 14 or 16 idk... but that outfit is pretty much what ronin's (samurais whitout a master) Himura Kenshin  clothes after several days/weeks without washing their clothes or taking a bath... for the ones who liked it, here he is: http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/p__/images/3/3d/KenshinOVA.png/revision/latest?cb=20150302043650&path-prefix=protagonist

The outfit is pretty much the same, just needs some dye on it ;)

1 person likes this

Posted

So am I the only one who missed this?

apparently daum released THE perfect outfit for samurai roleplay!!! And it is not for the ninja.

check it out:

http://mmorpgsamurai.blogspot.nl/?m=1

Pajamas.

Musashi is not even a samurai :< he is a swordman. That outfit is kind of generic for japanese martial art, I was wearing that in aikido. It's so neat, No big fancy shiny armor but i'm afraid people will dye it in pink and green... Oh man, i'll be so sad!

Thanks for this 100% agree. We are not Samurai.